Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
samiz
Mouse
Gegilworld93
Mr. Hassard
8 posters

Enquiring to local football teams, but what should I say?

Mr. Hassard
    Mr. Hassard

Supports : Blackburn Rovers, Coleraine & Rangers

Enquiring to local football teams, but what should I say? Empty Enquiring to local football teams, but what should I say?

Post by Mr. Hassard Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:11 am

This is a long shot, but I'm going to give it a go.

I am going to send e-mails to my local football teams (well, they aren't really local, but are within driving distance) about opportunities about coaching, or even the opportunity to help out (volunteer) at one of the clubs. I have got the e-mail addresses fairly easily off the club websites, so I am going to e-mail as many as possible to enquire about the possibility.

The reason why I am making this thread is because, I don't really know what to say in the e-mail. I know I have to sound convincing and make them consider letting me volunteer, coach, or even just observe a training session, but I don't know exactly how to word it or what to say really.

I would hugely appreciate if anyone on here could help me out with this. I don't necessarily want you to write the e-mail for me, just a few hints and tips will do fine.

Thanks in advance. Smile
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Enquiring to local football teams, but what should I say? Empty Re: Enquiring to local football teams, but what should I say?

Post by Gegilworld93 Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:15 am

Me wants to coach teamz, will u's let me?

Or put FM achievments as reference Razz

No, serious now, I think someone with proper English as first language can help you, my first language is "improper" Zimbabwean English Embarassed

Anyway, good luck.

Last edited by Gegilworld93 on Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Enquiring to local football teams, but what should I say? Empty Re: Enquiring to local football teams, but what should I say?

Post by Mouse Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:16 am

I have been playing alot of football manager and have one the champions league? Would you like to win champions league? If so, Heres my number.
    samiz
    samiz

Post by samiz Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:30 am

mouseboy11 wrote:I have been playing alot of football manager and have one the champions league? Would you like to win champions league? If so, Heres my number.
    This.
    Mr. Hassard
    Mr. Hassard

Supports : Blackburn Rovers, Coleraine & Rangers

Post by Mr. Hassard Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:38 am

Serious responses only, please.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:45 am

i surgest meeting the manager and sucking his dick then you will be a coach
    Enquiring to local football teams, but what should I say? 675176
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:57 am

Sell your skills to them, then remind them it is free and they have nothing to lose.

Obviously it will be hard to break in so don't get disheartened if you don't get any replies from your first few batches of letters.
    Dink
    Dink

Post by Dink Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:58 am

How professional?

And yeah, i'd offer to volunteer with training sessions - getting a little bit more experience, getting to know them a lot better and if they like what they saw they may offer a coaching role for them. Would be a good thing to put on your CV in the future also (the voluntary).
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:04 am

Wouldn't write it as a CV tbh, it's not a job you're applying for.

Personally, after 'introducing' yourself, I'd say something like 'I am interested in becoming a football coach in the future. I was wondering if it would be possible for me to observe a training session at your club (regardless of age group - as some will probably allow you to see the younger groups over first team). I appreciate that this might not be possible, but I hope to be hearing from you soon.'

But a bit longer and more personal to you obviously.

Also, when you're saying your name, age, what you're currently doing, don't write it as a CV, keep it simple. They're not looking for a job there, and neither are you. Just keep it to the 'looking at a training session' approach for the time being.

Also, it would probably be beneficial to call up the clubs and see if you could arrange to meet/talk to somebody about it. Will also make sure that the club actually get the chance to know as well, as e-mails aren't always relaible.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:12 am

Listen to Dan he's a teacher. shifty
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:15 am

Jelavic18|RFC wrote:Listen to Dan he's a teacher. Enquiring to local football teams, but what should I say? 279869
    He's a shite one though.

Maybe you should learn a second language Hassard?
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:19 am

Well first off, you're probably too young for them to consider it, but a good start is to get some coaching badges and such if you want to be a coach before looking for "work". Most football teams have a hierarchy which strictly limits the possibilities for "non football" people and definitely those with no education. They have professionals hired in most positions, those who take care of the ground, management and the cleaners. Youth players and reserves generally clean up after practice etc.

HOWEVER.

If you want to get into it you should write that you are interested in pursuing a career as a coach in the future and that you were wondering if there's any possibility that you could attend a couple of training sessions to watch and perhaps if at all possible learn a little from their current manager and coaching staff. It doesn't need to be fancy, doesn't need to be all that "fantastic" either, but it needs to be sincere. Explain why you would like to see coaches and managers in action and why you want to become a coach in the future. Very few big clubs would even look twice at the e-mail, but you would be surprised what smaller clubs are willing to accept. Most important thing is to be sincere.

Without a CV, coaching badges or a relevant eduction you won't really get to be a manager though. If you can get your foot in the door though, and be able to talk to the manager and show that you are indeed very interested in the coaching aspect that should open up the possibility for you to coach a younger side (those that are coached by parents) and perhaps be mentored in some way if you're lucky.

To be honest though, you need them badges. The FAs usually have some sort of internship program for young coaches as well, so if I were you I'd look into that.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:35 am

Work your way up. Start out by working in the canteen at the training ground for instance, and one day you might become manager
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:40 am

Forest wrote:Work your way up. Start out by working in the canteen at the training ground for instance, and one day you might become manager

rofl
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Post by Jordan Henderchip Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:28 pm

I'm coaching (managing but its called coaching) a team of 11 year olds at my local club Very Happy

we pwned the other team this morning 4-1! Very Happy

One kid scored from half-way in my team Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 12:14 pm