Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
Paulinho
Laurencio
DangerousCarrot
Jorlung
El_indian
GK01
Hitchy
fluffy_kittens
Jim.
Carlos Jenkinson
Cadbury
samiz
dena
Grenade
ResurrectionRooney
Dean
Jordi
Kuled
The Zlatan
Jeff
Steadman
El Jefe
Sean
27 posters

Best left-back in the Premier League?

Poll

[ 17 ]
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 4 Bar_left31%Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 4 Bar_right [31%] 
    [ 15 ]
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 4 Bar_left27%Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 4 Bar_right [27%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 4 Bar_left0%Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 4 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 4 Bar_left13%Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 4 Bar_right [13%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 4 Bar_left13%Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 4 Bar_right [13%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 4 Bar_left4%Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 4 Bar_right [4%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 4 Bar_left5%Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 4 Bar_right [5%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 4 Bar_left2%Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 4 Bar_right [2%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 4 Bar_left5%Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 4 Bar_right [5%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 4 Bar_left0%Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 4 Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 55
    Sean

Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 4 Empty Re: Best left-back in the Premier League?

Post by Sean Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:47 am

Use paragraphs mate.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 4 Empty Re: Best left-back in the Premier League?

Post by Grenade Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:48 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Aguerotelli wrote:

And Rooney isnt? Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 4 70955
    Rooney's never done things in his professional life that are anywhere near as bad as the things Suarez has done.
    Alan wrote:

Blinded by his hate all the time, but i mean we all know that certain Liverpool players are not or have not been the best players in the League. Liverpool have had a few players over the past so many years that have been on form as good as any player in the League but not many. And well normally i would say the best players in the League are players that win League titles or are in the teams challenging for the League title.
    I don't hate any football club. And you know now that Liverpool players in the past have not been the best in the League, but you say that all the time. 'Last time round, they weren't that good, but now we've turned the corner, we have 11 World Class players and only need one or two players to win the title', you said under Houllier, under Benitez, even under Hodgson, and now under Kenneth Dalglish, and you know full well that that's what is said every single year. One or two more players and you will definitely win the League.

Look at the Liverpool team now FFS

Reina - Best Goalkeeper in the World

Johnson - Best right back in the Premier League
    Agger - Best central defender in the League
    Skrtel - very good defender
    Enrique - Best left back in the Premier League and in Europe, best left back since Roberto Carlos etc.

Suarez - Wouldn't swap him for Aguero, Rooney or Messi
    Henderson - Best young midfielder in Europe, next Iniesta
    Gerrard - The best midfielder in the Premier League
    Lucas - The best DM in the Premier League
    Downing - Better than Young

Andy Carroll - next van Basten

And that's not even getting into players like Charlie Adam (who went from a decent Championship player to the next Xavi in the eyes of Liverpool fans) or 'legends' like Carragher and Kuyt, or all the young players who are certain to dominate World Football.

Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 4 914411
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:48 am

Jeffharper2012 wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Rooney's never done things in his professional life that are anywhere near as bad as the things Suarez has done.

I don't hate any football club. And you know now that Liverpool players in the past have not been the best in the League, but you say that all the time. 'Last time round, they weren't that good, but now we've turned the corner, we have 11 World Class players and only need one or two players to win the title', you said under Houllier, under Benitez, even under Hodgson, and now under Kenneth Dalglish, and you know full well that that's what is said every single year. One or two more players and you will definitely win the League.

Look at the Liverpool team now FFS

Reina - Best Goalkeeper in the World

Johnson - Best right back in the Premier League
    Agger - Best central defender in the League
    Skrtel - very good defender
    Enrique - Best left back in the Premier League and in Europe, best left back since Roberto Carlos etc.

Suarez - Wouldn't swap him for Aguero, Rooney or Messi
    Henderson - Best young midfielder in Europe, next Iniesta
    Gerrard - The best midfielder in the Premier League
    Lucas - The best DM in the Premier League
    Downing - Better than Young

Andy Carroll - next van Basten

And that's not even getting into players like Charlie Adam (who went from a decent Championship player to the next Xavi in the eyes of Liverpool fans) or 'legends' like Carragher and Kuyt, or all the young players who are certain to dominate World Football.
    I some what agree with you reina was a very good gk when he first come to us now hes been poor made alot of mistakes this season already hes still ok but just ok nothing more in my opinon johnsons never been good in my eyes not at defending anyways hes good going forward at times but that dont mean shit hes a defender i would prefer kelly than him any day in the team agger very good when fit which is hardly ever always in and out of the team skrtels fairly average Enrique been quite good so far henderson average gerrard did use to be fantastic for us geting on now tho lucas use 2 hate the guy but i think hes quite good now does a job for the team anyways downing has been awful and doesnt deserve a place in the team the way hes been playing should play bellamy over him and carrols not been anywhere near good enough either we had very good players a few years back tho like alonso mascherano gerrard and torres was very good 2 then aswell you cant deny that we was close 2 having a team good enough 2 win the premier league and yes every year we say were going 2 win the title or challenge for it if we just do this or that etc we go over board and shouldnt i think were going to finish 5th this season and possibly 4th next season if we bring in a few decent players next summer thats all i gota say anyways one very big ass post.

Fucking hell, can you use paragraphs or at least sentences.. Neutral
    Jeff
    Jeff

Formerly known as : Jeffharper2011
    Supports : Liverpool

Post by Jeff Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:50 am

Aguerotelli wrote:Reina is just ''ok'' and nothing more? fuck me
    He has been just ok the passed few seasons
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:50 am

Cole's form has slumped so i'm gonna go for Clichy. Good going forwards and has the pace to recover going back. He had the most interceptions last season as well I believe. Enrique is good but slightly overrated now he has moved to Liverpool.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:51 am

James wrote:Cole's form has slumped so i'm gonna go for Clichy. Good going forwards and has the pace to recover going back. He had the most interceptions last season as well I believe. Enrique is good but slightly overrated now he has moved to Liverpool.

What are you talking about? Enrique's the best LB in the league
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:52 am

Not sure if that is sarcasm or not.
    Jeff
    Jeff

Formerly known as : Jeffharper2011
    Supports : Liverpool

Post by Jeff Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:55 am

Cam wrote:
    Jeffharper2012 wrote:I some what agree with you reina was a very good gk when he first come to us now hes been poor made alot of mistakes this season already hes still ok but just ok nothing more in my opinon johnsons never been good in my eyes not at defending anyways hes good going forward at times but that dont mean shit hes a defender i would prefer kelly than him any day in the team agger very good when fit which is hardly ever always in and out of the team skrtels fairly average Enrique been quite good so far henderson average gerrard did use to be fantastic for us geting on now tho lucas use 2 hate the guy but i think hes quite good now does a job for the team anyways downing has been awful and doesnt deserve a place in the team the way hes been playing should play bellamy over him and carrols not been anywhere near good enough either we had very good players a few years back tho like alonso mascherano gerrard and torres was very good 2 then aswell you cant deny that we was close 2 having a team good enough 2 win the premier league and yes every year we say were going 2 win the title or challenge for it if we just do this or that etc we go over board and shouldnt i think were going to finish 5th this season and possibly 4th next season if we bring in a few decent players next summer thats all i gota say anyways one very big ass post.

Fucking hell, can you use paragraphs or at least sentences.. Neutral
    Lol my bad my bad i cant type for shit so i just type it all together like that in 1 huge sentence hope you can at least some what get what im trying to say to RR tho.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:56 am

Fonseca wrote:
    James wrote:Cole's form has slumped so i'm gonna go for Clichy. Good going forwards and has the pace to recover going back. He had the most interceptions last season as well I believe. Enrique is good but slightly overrated now he has moved to Liverpool.

What are you talking about? Enrique's the best LB in the league

Agreed.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:57 am

Its obviously Santos, He scored against Chelsea!

Can Enrique score V Chelsea? Can you Enrique? No you can't.

U mad Enirque can't score V Chelsea? Yeh u mad Liverpool.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:58 am

Chris wrote:Its obviously Santos, He scored against Chelsea!

Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:11 am

Chris wrote:Its obviously Santos, He scored against Chelsea!

Laughing

Chris not worthy
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:25 am

Gareth Bale hasnt played left back in over a season and the actual best LB in the Prem isn't in the poll. Leighton Baines
    Hitchy
    Hitchy

Post by Hitchy Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:02 pm

Based on performances over the past season or two it would be Baines then Enrique. An in form Cashley is probably the best though
    GK01
    GK01

Supports : Brisbane Roar

Post by GK01 Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:14 pm

Beniot Assou-Ekotto.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:15 pm

GK01 wrote:Beniot Assou-Ekotto.
    rofl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:39 pm

Laughing
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:04 pm

can't believe Santos doesn't have more votes, phenomenal display in the weekend capped off with beautiful finish through the keepers legs!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:08 pm

Enrique and Santos with 13 and 6 votes. rofl
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Supports : TFC

Post by Jorlung Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:34 am

Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 4 George-Elokobi

Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 4 279869
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:46 am

danny mills kept insulting andre santos even said his goal was pure fluke

he hates him so much

probably because he still sore from when his ass was raped by rivaldo in 2002 and takes out this pain on all brasilians
    Sean

Post by Sean Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:59 am

mauro=beast wrote:danny mills kept insulting andre santos even said his goal was pure fluke

he hates him so much

probably because he still sore from when his ass was raped by rivaldo in 2002 and takes out this pain on all brasilians

It was, Cech should have saved it and Santos was shit all game.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:02 am

i know, but his insults was aggressive. he even said santos is a clown and is pants as a footballer, i think this is to much for a commentator
    Steadman
    Steadman

Supports : I have humor, yes.

Post by Steadman Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:06 am

He speaks the truth.
    DangerousCarrot
    DangerousCarrot

Post by DangerousCarrot Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:08 am

Evraaaa!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:54 pm

Clearly Benoit Assou-Ekotto.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:35 pm

Clichy was mint against us, but Ashley Cole is the best leftback in the country, and that's not going to change anytime soon.
    Paulinho
    Paulinho

Formerly known as : psyroukis
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Paulinho Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:47 pm

I rate Assou-Ekotto very highly. He has also improved a lot over the past year.

He's not the best though, Clichy is.
    Paulinho
    Paulinho

Formerly known as : psyroukis
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Paulinho Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:49 pm

Laurencio wrote:Clichy was mint against us, but Ashley Cole is the best leftback in the country, and that's not going to change anytime soon.

I think your overstating how far away this change is. Cole is getting older, and his speed will elude him I reckon
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:00 pm

psyroukis wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:Clichy was mint against us, but Ashley Cole is the best leftback in the country, and that's not going to change anytime soon.

I think your overstating how far away this change is. Cole is getting older, and his speed will elude him I reckon

He's still very fast, a very good defender and very good at going forwards. There's not a lot of young leftbacks who could rival him. Gibbs is a little young, Clichy isn't really solid enough defensively (will be though) and Enrique although a good leftback will not reach Ashley Cole levels.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:26 am