Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
Paulinho
Laurencio
DangerousCarrot
Jorlung
El_indian
GK01
Hitchy
fluffy_kittens
Jim.
Carlos Jenkinson
Cadbury
samiz
dena
Grenade
ResurrectionRooney
Dean
Jordi
Kuled
The Zlatan
Jeff
Steadman
El Jefe
Sean
27 posters

Best left-back in the Premier League?

Poll

[ 17 ]
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 3 Bar_left31%Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 3 Bar_right [31%] 
    [ 15 ]
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 3 Bar_left27%Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 3 Bar_right [27%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 3 Bar_left0%Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 3 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 3 Bar_left13%Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 3 Bar_right [13%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 3 Bar_left13%Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 3 Bar_right [13%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 3 Bar_left4%Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 3 Bar_right [4%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 3 Bar_left5%Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 3 Bar_right [5%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 3 Bar_left2%Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 3 Bar_right [2%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 3 Bar_left5%Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 3 Bar_right [5%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 3 Bar_left0%Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 3 Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 55
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 3 Empty Re: Best left-back in the Premier League?

Post by Grenade Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:10 am

Those are old stats...
    Anonymous

Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 3 Empty Re: Best left-back in the Premier League?

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:10 am

Downing is now the best winger in the league. I wouldn't swap Suarez for Messi or Ronaldo.

I see RR has a point.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:11 am

grenade187 wrote:Those are old stats...
    They are stats of the last full season played.
    Anonymous

grenade187 wrote:Those are old stats...

Hurr Durr Derp Derp
    Anonymous

kyro7 wrote:
    Sean wrote:

He was shocking against City.
    As was everyone, considering we were down to 10 men v the best team in the league, stupid game to bring up.

Stats aside I still think Enrique's the best, he's got a pretty good cross, pass, dribbles well and tbh I don't see players get the better of him often, only game I can think where he looked fucked was v Spurs but they had like 2 men off at the time, I remember us going to St James' and Nani (best winger in the league) not getting anything off Enrique who was superb.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:11 am

Still Cole
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:12 am

Cole isnt even the best english left back, never mind best in the Premier League.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:12 am

kyro7 wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:As was everyone, considering we were down to 10 men v the best team in the league, stupid game to bring up.

Stats aside I still think Enrique's the best, he's got a pretty good cross, pass, dribbles well and tbh I don't see players get the better of him often, only game I can think where he looked fucked was v Spurs but they had like 2 men off at the time, I remember us going to St James' and Nani (best winger in the league) not getting anything off Enrique who was superb.
    Nani did kind of drop his form in the second half of the season though. Just saying.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:13 am

Scott wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:Someone said the other day that they wouldn't swap Suarez for Aguero or Rooney. Enrique has gone from being a good left back to the best in the Premier League (and look at this thread from last season, no-one even mentions his name as being better than Cole), when you sign him, a mountain of statistics all come to light that prove beyond any doubt that the guy who has just signed for Liverpool is the best.

I wouldn't. But that's down to attachment to the player himself. I love him, so why would I want to swap him?

Because they are far better players, and Suarez is an unsporting cunt who promotes behaviour that no great club should aspire to.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:13 am

Kuled wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:
    Nani did kind of drop his form in the second half of the season though. Just saying.
    That's just one example, Enrique is a tank. I don't know why you felt the need to add "Just saying". Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:14 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Scott wrote:

I wouldn't. But that's down to attachment to the player himself. I love him, so why would I want to swap him?

Because they are far better players, and Suarez is an unsporting cunt who promotes behaviour that no great club should aspire to.

neuclap
    Jeff
    Jeff

Formerly known as : Jeffharper2011
    Supports : Liverpool

Post by Jeff Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:14 am

RR does have a point we do go over board at times about are players and how good they actually are however RR can be bias alot of the time 2 and his blinded by his hate for liverpool alot of the time.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:15 am

Scott wrote:

And Rooney isnt? rofl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:22 am

Santos....
    Steadman
    Steadman

Supports : I have humor, yes.

Post by Steadman Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:23 am

I just realised Santos was on the list. Laughing

Why include him?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:24 am

Jeffharper2012 wrote:RR does have a point we do go over board at times about are players and how good they actually are however RR can be bias alot of the time 2 and his blinded by his hate for liverpool alot of the time.

Blinded by his hate all the time, but i mean we all know that certain Liverpool players are not or have not been the best players in the League. Liverpool have had a few players over the past so many years that have been on form as good as any player in the League but not many. And well normally i would say the best players in the League are players that win League titles or are in the teams challenging for the League title.
    samiz
    samiz

Post by samiz Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:25 am

Aurelio > Cole
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 3 Aureli10

shifty
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:30 am

You forgot Robinson.
    Jeff
    Jeff

Post by Jeff Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:31 am

samiz wrote:Aurelio > Cole
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 3 Aureli10He would be one of the best Left backs in the league if he could stay fit but sadly he cant Cry

shifty

Last edited by Jeffharper2012 on Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:31 am

Aguerotelli wrote:

And Rooney isnt? rofl
    Rooney's never done things in his professional life that are anywhere near as bad as the things Suarez has done.
    Alan wrote:
    Jeffharper2012 wrote:RR does have a point we do go over board at times about are players and how good they actually are however RR can be bias alot of the time 2 and his blinded by his hate for liverpool alot of the time.

Blinded by his hate all the time, but i mean we all know that certain Liverpool players are not or have not been the best players in the League. Liverpool have had a few players over the past so many years that have been on form as good as any player in the League but not many. And well normally i would say the best players in the League are players that win League titles or are in the teams challenging for the League title.
    I don't hate any football club. And you know now that Liverpool players in the past have not been the best in the League, but you say that all the time. 'Last time round, they weren't that good, but now we've turned the corner, we have 11 World Class players and only need one or two players to win the title', you said under Houllier, under Benitez, even under Hodgson, and now under Kenneth Dalglish, and you know full well that that's what is said every single year. One or two more players and you will definitely win the League.

Look at the Liverpool team now FFS

Reina - Best Goalkeeper in the World

Johnson - Best right back in the Premier League
    Agger - Best central defender in the League
    Skrtel - very good defender
    Enrique - Best left back in the Premier League and in Europe, best left back since Roberto Carlos etc.

Suarez - Wouldn't swap him for Aguero, Rooney or Messi
    Henderson - Best young midfielder in Europe, next Iniesta
    Gerrard - The best midfielder in the Premier League
    Lucas - The best DM in the Premier League
    Downing - Better than Young

Andy Carroll - next van Basten

And that's not even getting into players like Charlie Adam (who went from a decent Championship player to the next Xavi in the eyes of Liverpool fans) or 'legends' like Carragher and Kuyt, or all the young players who are certain to dominate World Football.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:32 am

rofl
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:38 am

Sean wrote:Fuck me, I would actually hate to be Shameless Smith, imagine getting that angry about everything and anything.

You share a thread with Luke Defenderofeverythingchelsea Neutral
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Post by Cadbury Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:40 am

Best post ever.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:41 am

Enrique - Best left back in the Premier League and in Europe, best left back since Roberto Carlos etc.

And that's not even getting into players like Charlie Adam (who went from a decent Championship player to the next Xavi in the eyes of Liverpool fans) or 'legends' like Carragher and Kuyt, or all the young players who are certain to dominate World Football.

Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 3 70955 Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 3 914411
    Jim.

Post by Jim. Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:43 am

I think Ashley Cole is the best
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:45 am

Aguerotelli wrote:

And Rooney isnt? Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 3 70955
    Rooney's never done things in his professional life that are anywhere near as bad as the things Suarez has done.
    Alan wrote:

I don't hate any football club. And you know now that Liverpool players in the past have not been the best in the League, but you say that all the time. 'Last time round, they weren't that good, but now we've turned the corner, we have 11 World Class players and only need one or two players to win the title', you said under Houllier, under Benitez, even under Hodgson, and now under Kenneth Dalglish, and you know full well that that's what is said every single year. One or two more players and you will definitely win the League.

Well if you or anyone honestly thinks Liverpool have the best players in the world you have lost the plot more than i thought you had. And i have never made any of these claims about Liverpool needing one or two players and they will win the League title, maybe if they had added some quality to the squad from the 2008,09 season i might have said Liverpool have a chance of really challenging but most season's for the past 20 odd season's i have never made any of these claims.
    Jeff
    Jeff

Post by Jeff Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:46 am

Aguerotelli wrote:

And Rooney isnt? rofl
    Alan wrote:

I some what agree with you reina was a very good gk when he first come to us now hes been poor made alot of mistakes this season already hes still ok but just ok nothing more in my opinon johnsons never been good in my eyes not at defending anyways hes good going forward at times but that dont mean shit hes a defender i would prefer kelly than him any day in the team agger very good when fit which is hardly ever always in and out of the team skrtels fairly average Enrique been quite good so far henderson average gerrard did use to be fantastic for us geting on now tho lucas use 2 hate the guy but i think hes quite good now does a job for the team anyways downing has been awful and doesnt deserve a place in the team the way hes been playing should play bellamy over him and carrols not been anywhere near good enough either.
    We had very good players a few years back tho like alonso mascherano gerrard and torres was very good 2 then aswell you cant deny that we was close 2 having a team good enough 2 win the premier league and yes every year we say were going 2 win the title or challenge for it if we just do this or that etc we go over board and shouldnt i think were going to finish 5th this season and possibly 4th next season if we bring in a few decent players next summer thats all i gota say anyways one very big ass post.

Last edited by Jeffharper2012 on Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:47 am

Reina is just ''ok'' and nothing more? fuck me
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:47 am

Baines.

Deserves a better club than Everton.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Post by Cadbury Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:47 am

Alan wrote:

Well if you or anyone honestly thinks Liverpool have the best players in the world you have lost the plot more than i thought you had. And i have never made any of these claims about Liverpool needing one or two players and they will win the League title, maybe if they had added some quality to the squad from the 2008,09 season i might have said Liverpool have a chance of really challenging but most season's for the past 20 odd season's i have never made any of these claims.

Torres not worthy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:31 am