Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
Paulinho
Laurencio
DangerousCarrot
Jorlung
El_indian
GK01
Hitchy
fluffy_kittens
Jim.
Carlos Jenkinson
Cadbury
samiz
dena
Grenade
ResurrectionRooney
Dean
Jordi
Kuled
The Zlatan
Jeff
Steadman
El Jefe
Sean
27 posters

Best left-back in the Premier League?

Poll

[ 17 ]
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 2 Bar_left31%Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 2 Bar_right [31%] 
    [ 15 ]
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 2 Bar_left27%Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 2 Bar_right [27%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 2 Bar_left0%Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 2 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 2 Bar_left13%Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 2 Bar_right [13%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 2 Bar_left13%Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 2 Bar_right [13%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 2 Bar_left4%Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 2 Bar_right [4%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 2 Bar_left5%Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 2 Bar_right [5%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 2 Bar_left2%Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 2 Bar_right [2%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 2 Bar_left5%Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 2 Bar_right [5%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 2 Bar_left0%Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 2 Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 55
    Steadman
    Steadman

Supports : I have humor, yes.

Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best left-back in the Premier League?

Post by Steadman Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:55 am

Scott, your honest opinion, do you think Enrique is the best left back in the Premier League?
    Anonymous

Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best left-back in the Premier League?

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:55 am

Scott wrote:Kyro basically proving Enrique is the best Laughing
    no but ashley cole da best he found da best balance between attack and dfence lololol

Enrique shits on all of them, he's a tank.
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:55 am

Baines
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:56 am

Steadman wrote:Scott, your honest opinion, do you think Enrique is the best left back in the Premier League?

Let's see.

1 on 1, Enrique's very hard to beat. Only 9 times last season did a player beat Enrique 1 on 1. Compare that to Ashley Cole (38 times), Clichy (26 times), Baines (24 times) & Evra (23 times)

Champion.

Successful dribbles 2010/2011 Season: Enrique (65), Evra (26), Baines (26), Clichy (21), Ash Cole (17)
    Tackle Success % 2010/2011 Season: Enrique (84%), Evra (76%), Baines (74%), Clichy (81%), Ashley Cole (61%)

Yes.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:57 am

Jay wrote:Kyro, where are you getting these stats from?
    I remember reading them a long time ago I think on Opta and searched for them.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:57 am

Also, Enrique aside, have you noticed how Cole is the shittest in every stat.
    Jeff
    Jeff

Formerly known as : Jeffharper2011
    Supports : Liverpool

Post by Jeff Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:57 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Jeffharper2012 wrote:Enrique's more known for his attacking than his defending tho hes not the best at defending
    What? rofl

Enrique is the best defender of the lot.
    He likes to get forward 2 much in my opinon and can leave us wide open at times hes ok defending like i said but Ashley cole Evra and Clichy are alot better at defending in my opinon
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:58 am

kyro7 wrote:Also, Enrique aside, have you noticed how Cole is the shittest in every stat.

rofl

I have noticed he's not been as good the last 2 years.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:58 am

Very accurate, even prophetic video
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:59 am

Oh my god he's even done a video about Enrique? facepalm
    Jeff
    Jeff

Post by Jeff Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:59 am

Baines was the best left back last season not seen that much of him this season to be honest
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:00 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Very accurate, even prophetic video
    facepalm
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:00 am

Yea but Cole isnt the shittest. Evra's probably the worst these days, he's turned into a liability at times
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:01 am

Sean wrote:Yea but Cole isnt the shittest. Evra's probably the worst these days, he's turned into a liability at times
    Yeah, this season he has been good though imo bar a couple of games.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:01 am

Scott wrote:Oh my god he's even done a video about Enrique? facepalm

It's so accurate

"If a player joins Liverpool then he automatically becomes the best player going"

And now, we have a majority of Liverpool fans coming on here and saying that Enrique is the best left back in the Premier League.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:03 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Scott wrote:Oh my god he's even done a video about Enrique? facepalm

It's so accurate

"If a player joins Liverpool then he automatically becomes the best player going"

And now, we have a majority of Liverpool fans coming on here and saying that Enrique is the best left back in the Premier League.

Just going to completely disregard the stats then? They clearly show how much better Enrique has been than the others. It's not the type of stat you can just say 'oh, stats don't tell the full story though' either.

Also the above comment is false. I don't think any Liverpool fan thinks Downing, Henderson, Carroll, Bellamy etc are the best players going ..

We only say it when we have a case, like with Enrique and Suarez. Don't think anyone has said Suarez is the best striker in the League either, unless they were trolling.

Last edited by Scott on Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:04 am; edited 2 times in total
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:03 am

Fuck me, I would actually hate to be Shameless Smith, imagine getting that angry about everything and anything.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:04 am

Scott wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:

It's so accurate

Just going to completely disregard the stats then? They clearly show how much better Enrique has been than the others. It's not the type of stat you can just say 'oh, stats don't tell the full story though' either.

If this poll had been made before he signed for Liverpool there is no fucking chance he would have won the poll.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:05 am

I don't care about the poll. It's the discussion that's taking place in the thread that counts.

See my edit in my last reply to you btw.
    Jeff
    Jeff

Post by Jeff Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:06 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Very accurate, even prophetic video
    Obviously he hates liverpool and every opportunity he gets to say shit about us he does simple as.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:06 am

Sean wrote:Yea but Cole isnt the shittest. Evra's probably the worst these days, he's turned into a liability at times
    Not this season though.
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:07 am

Kuled wrote:
    Not this season though.

He was shocking against City.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:07 am

Killer stats there Kyro seven.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:07 am

If Messi came to Liverpool, RR and SS would still find something to say about them. He'd no longer be the best player in the world, that's for sure.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:09 am

Someone said the other day that they wouldn't swap Suarez for Aguero or Rooney. Enrique has gone from being a good left back to the best in the Premier League (and look at this thread from last season, no-one even mentions his name as being better than Cole), when you sign him, a mountain of statistics all come to light that prove beyond any doubt that the guy who has just signed for Liverpool is the best.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:09 am

Sean wrote:
    Kuled wrote:Not this season though.

Everyone was fucking shocking Sean Neutral Neutral Neutral Neutral
    Jeff
    Jeff

Post by Jeff Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:09 am

1st Ashley Cole 2nd Baines 3rd Gael Clichy 4th Evra 5th Enrique in my opinon dont bite my head of over it.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:09 am

Scott wrote:If Messi came to Liverpool, RR and SS would still find something to say about them. He'd no longer be the best player in the world, that's for sure.

Messi shouldn't be allowed to play anyway, I've made that point in the past.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:10 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Someone said the other day that they wouldn't swap Suarez for Aguero or Rooney. Enrique has gone from being a good left back to the best in the Premier League (and look at this thread from last season, no-one even mentions his name as being better than Cole), when you sign him, a mountain of statistics all come to light that prove beyond any doubt that the guy who has just signed for Liverpool is the best.

I wouldn't. But that's down to attachment to the player himself. I love him, so why would I want to swap him?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:10 am

Sean wrote:
    Kuled wrote:Not this season though.

As was everyone, considering we were down to 10 men v the best team in the league, stupid game to bring up.

Stats aside I still think Enrique's the best, he's got a pretty good cross, pass, dribbles well and tbh I don't see players get the better of him often, only game I can think where he looked fucked was v Spurs but they had like 2 men off at the time, I remember us going to St James' and Nani (best winger in the league) not getting anything off Enrique who was superb.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:24 am