Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
Paulinho
Laurencio
DangerousCarrot
Jorlung
El_indian
GK01
Hitchy
fluffy_kittens
Jim.
Carlos Jenkinson
Cadbury
samiz
dena
Grenade
ResurrectionRooney
Dean
Jordi
Kuled
The Zlatan
Jeff
Steadman
El Jefe
Sean
27 posters

Best left-back in the Premier League?

Poll

[ 17 ]
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 5 Bar_left31%Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 5 Bar_right [31%] 
    [ 15 ]
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 5 Bar_left27%Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 5 Bar_right [27%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 5 Bar_left0%Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 5 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 5 Bar_left13%Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 5 Bar_right [13%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 5 Bar_left13%Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 5 Bar_right [13%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 5 Bar_left4%Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 5 Bar_right [4%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 5 Bar_left5%Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 5 Bar_right [5%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 5 Bar_left2%Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 5 Bar_right [2%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 5 Bar_left5%Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 5 Bar_right [5%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 5 Bar_left0%Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 5 Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 55
    RafaVDV
    RafaVDV

Supports : Tottenham

Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 5 Empty Re: Best left-back in the Premier League?

Post by RafaVDV Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:25 pm

Nice joke putting Bale on the list.
    easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 5 Empty Re: Best left-back in the Premier League?

Post by easley91 Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:05 am

Assou-Ekotto is very underrated, goes about his job quietly and very well. Best in the league? probably not, but he is up there. Pointless putting Bale in the poll as he is now a left midfielder/winger.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:39 am

Even though Bale doesn't play as a left back anymore he can still play there and do a good job.
    Its like people saying Ivanovic is the best RB.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:42 am

Laurencio wrote:
    psyroukis wrote:

I think your overstating how far away this change is. Cole is getting older, and his speed will elude him I reckon

He's still very fast, a very good defender and very good at going forwards. There's not a lot of young leftbacks who could rival him. Gibbs is a little young, Clichy isn't really solid enough defensively (will be though) and Enrique although a good leftback will not reach Ashley Cole levels.
    What do you mean "will be"? He's 26, he should be entering his prime, if he was 23 I'd agree that he'll improve, but at the moment I don't think he is close to Cole, can't see that changing too much over the next couple of years.
    Steadman
    Steadman

Supports : I have humor, yes.

Post by Steadman Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:45 am

Jay wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:

He's still very fast, a very good defender and very good at going forwards. There's not a lot of young leftbacks who could rival him. Gibbs is a little young, Clichy isn't really solid enough defensively (will be though) and Enrique although a good leftback will not reach Ashley Cole levels.
    What do you mean "will be"? He's 26, he should be entering his prime, if he was 23 I'd agree that he'll improve, but at the moment I don't think he is close to Cole, can't see that changing too much over the next couple of years.
    Under City's coaching he will improve defensively but will never reach A.Cole's level.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:53 am

Jay wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:

He's nowhere close to Cole, and I never claimed him to be either. However, 26 is still fairly young for a defender, and with experience, a much better defensive training regime and the level of tactical training he no doubt will have to endure, I see him improving quite a lot in terms of defensive ability over the next few years. I doubt that he will reach Cole's highest level, but as Cole declines, he will improve.

Steadman wrote:
    Jay wrote:
    Under City's coaching he will improve defensively but will never reach A.Cole's level.

I don't think he can reach Cole at his best, but I certainly think he at one point, as Cole declines, will be better or equal to him. If he continues to improve in City, gets games, recieves the defensive training we all know Mancini and City are capeable of, and maintains his ability going forward I don't see why he couldn't become a top class left back.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:29 am

Enrique is already better than Cole though.
    Jeff
    Jeff

Formerly known as : Jeffharper2011
    Supports : Liverpool

Post by Jeff Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:31 am

Baines is the best then Ashley cole
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:33 am

Its a toss up between Baines, Cole and Clichy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:35 am

Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 5 Jose+Enrique+Liverpool+v+Bolton+Wanderers+U6ZMJGQMbs0l

Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 5 Jose-enrique_1886210c

Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 5 Jose+Enrique+Liverpool+v+Newcastle+United+Wieji5MiIHhl

Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 5 Jose

Look, he can even handle Suarez..

Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 5 Jose-enrique-liverpool-2011

What a fucking sexy beast.

Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 5 Jose+Enrique+Liverpool+v+Sunderland+Premier+asl3aegqbkhl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:42 am

Scott wrote:Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 5 Jose+Enrique+Liverpool+v+Bolton+Wanderers+U6ZMJGQMbs0l

Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 5 Jose-enrique_1886210c

Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 5 Jose+Enrique+Liverpool+v+Newcastle+United+Wieji5MiIHhl

Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 5 Jose

Look, he can even handle Suarez..

Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 5 Jose-enrique-liverpool-2011

What a fucking sexy beast.

Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 5 Jose+Enrique+Liverpool+v+Sunderland+Premier+asl3aegqbkhl

not worthy
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:44 am

Cole then Baines.

I'm happy with Clichy right now too. Wasn't when he signed.
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Supports : TFC

Post by Jorlung Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:23 am

At Marsielle vs Arsenal game:

Commentator 1: Sometimes when Santos picks up the ball back there you really have to hold your breath
    Commentator 2: All the time (laughing)

Best left-back in the Premier League? - Page 5 70955

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:32 am