Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
Zzonked
Sean
VivaRonaldoLAD
Theo Filippo
Barton
Lux
Childish Logic
superspurs1337
Muhkoo
jeb4eva
Demoz
Kelloggg8
RafaVDV
Roloman4
dena
ResurrectionRooney
Pippo
SBSP
El_indian
Bye_Ya
menalawyerguy
GK01
Mustangt125
mac
28 posters

Republican Nominees

Poll

Who would you vote for?

[ 2 ]
    Republican Nominees - Page 24 Bar_left6%Republican Nominees - Page 24 Bar_right [6%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Republican Nominees - Page 24 Bar_left6%Republican Nominees - Page 24 Bar_right [6%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Republican Nominees - Page 24 Bar_left3%Republican Nominees - Page 24 Bar_right [3%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Republican Nominees - Page 24 Bar_left9%Republican Nominees - Page 24 Bar_right [9%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Republican Nominees - Page 24 Bar_left13%Republican Nominees - Page 24 Bar_right [13%] 
    [ 14 ]
    Republican Nominees - Page 24 Bar_left44%Republican Nominees - Page 24 Bar_right [44%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Republican Nominees - Page 24 Bar_left0%Republican Nominees - Page 24 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Republican Nominees - Page 24 Bar_left9%Republican Nominees - Page 24 Bar_right [9%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Republican Nominees - Page 24 Bar_left3%Republican Nominees - Page 24 Bar_right [3%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Republican Nominees - Page 24 Bar_left0%Republican Nominees - Page 24 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 2 ]

Total Votes: 32
    Poll closed
    Roloman4
    Roloman4

Supports : LDU, Selección Ecuatoriana de Fútbol

Republican Nominees - Page 24 Empty Re: Republican Nominees

Post by Roloman4 Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:00 pm

ilJuventino wrote:
    Roloman4 wrote:Global Warming?

IT WILL KILL US, YOU DUMBASS; IT WILL KILL US.

Santorum is really self-righteous, I AM THE ONE.

Do any of these guys believe in climate change?? That really worries me.

Jon Huntsman did, but he's gone.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:00 pm

Ron Paul probably does, best he doesn't mention it at all though and I am sure he realizes it.
    Roloman4
    Roloman4

Supports : LDU, Selección Ecuatoriana de Fútbol

Post by Roloman4 Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:01 pm

Ron Paul is sincere and a GOOD politician.

That is all, the other three are jackasses.

I may disagree with Paul on many issues, but damn, is it refreshing to see a candidate like him.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:09 pm

I don't really pay much attention to environmental issues, because I think we have bigger issues that could end us before nature does. So does Paul apparently....

In an October 2007 interview, Paul held that climate change is not a "major problem threatening civilization," stating "I think war and financial crises and big governments marching into our homes and elimination of habeas corpus -- those are immediate threats. We're about to lose our whole country and whole republic! If we can be declared an enemy combatant and put away without a trial, then that's going to affect a lot of us a lot sooner than the temperature going up."[167] He declined to name any particular environmental heroes and affirmed no special environmental achievements other than his educating the people about free-market solutions rather than "government expenditures and special-interest politics".[167]

Again, he seems to have state rights and free market ideas that could overlap with protecting the environment...

He has voted against federal subsidies for the oil and gas industry, saying that without government subsidies to the oil and gas industries, alternative fuels would be more competitive with oil and gas and would come to market on a competitive basis sooner.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:15 pm

Overall, I think this debate was better than the last one. It wasn't as heated and personal as the last one, but the candidates had enough time to actually talk about their plans (well at least Ron Paul did).

I would rank them on tonight like this...

Paul
    Santorum
    Romney
    Gingrich

I think Romney is starting to lose ground little by little. Unfortunately, it's people like Gingrich and Santorum that are catching up (at least in South Carolina). I still think Paul is going to fight to the end and he will put up quite a challenge. He is our only hope. If he doesn't become President this time, I doubt he would be running again.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:16 pm

Maybe Ron Paul will go down in history like William Jennings Bryan. shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:25 pm

ahlycotc wrote:I don't really pay much attention to environmental issues, because I think we have bigger issues that could end us before nature does. So does Paul apparently....

In an October 2007 interview, Paul held that climate change is not a "major problem threatening civilization," stating "I think war and financial crises and big governments marching into our homes and elimination of habeas corpus -- those are immediate threats. We're about to lose our whole country and whole republic! If we can be declared an enemy combatant and put away without a trial, then that's going to affect a lot of us a lot sooner than the temperature going up."[167] He declined to name any particular environmental heroes and affirmed no special environmental achievements other than his educating the people about free-market solutions rather than "government expenditures and special-interest politics".[167]

Again, he seems to have state rights and free market ideas that could overlap with protecting the environment...

He has voted against federal subsidies for the oil and gas industry, saying that without government subsidies to the oil and gas industries, alternative fuels would be more competitive with oil and gas and would come to market on a competitive basis sooner.

You're treating environmental issues as if they're unrelated to all of these other "bigger issues" you're alluding to.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:32 pm

Republican Nominees - Page 24 39555910
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:35 pm

ilJuventino wrote:You're treating environmental issues as if they're mutually exclusive to all of these other "bigger issues" you're alluding to.

In some cases they are mutually exclusive. I'm not saying we should go pollute the environment. For example, it's good that Obama shot down the Keystone project. It was going to do more harm than good. But I do believe some people grossly exaggerate the environmental issues that we are facing.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:48 pm

whoever wins will be the candidate people perceive to be the winner of these cat-fights. Not good for Paul who stays out of that shit.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:50 pm

The good thing about South Carolina is that it's an open primary. So anyone, not just registered Republicans, can vote. This is good for Ron Paul.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:08 pm

Wow I didn't know you have to register as a democrat or republican, are you gonna vote Ahly?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:43 pm

In honor of Gov. Perry's amazing campaign--here are his greatest hits:

Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:47 pm

El_indian wrote:Wow I didn't know you have to register as a democrat or republican, are you gonna vote Ahly?

It depends on the state. Some states will only allow registered voters in the Republican Party. But some are open to Democrats and independents. I'm not sure what Georgia's system is, but I won't be voting in the primary. I will vote in the general election though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:52 pm

Rick Perry had the potential of providing quality comedy material reminiscent of George Bush.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:16 pm

It's always seemed somewhat exploitable to me, the Primary system, why not have a blatantly Democratic candidate run for the Republican ticket and encourage all Democrats to register as Republicans and vote for him in the Primaries.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:23 pm

ahlycotc wrote:
    El_indian wrote:Wow I didn't know you have to register as a democrat or republican, are you gonna vote Ahly?

It depends on the state. Some states will only allow registered voters in the Republican Party. But some are open to Democrats and independents. I'm not sure what Georgia's system is, but I won't be voting in the primary. I will vote in the general election though.

vote ron paul you dick.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:39 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:It's always seemed somewhat exploitable to me, the Primary system, why not have a blatantly Democratic candidate run for the Republican ticket and encourage all Democrats to register as Republicans and vote for him in the Primaries.

Neutral
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:46 pm

ahlycotc wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:It's always seemed somewhat exploitable to me, the Primary system, why not have a blatantly Democratic candidate run for the Republican ticket and encourage all Democrats to register as Republicans and vote for him in the Primaries.

Neutral
    Why not? It gives you two chances to win the election.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:13 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

Neutral
    Why not? It gives you two chances to win the election.

I doubt that would fly with the Republican National Convention. Even if somehow it would be possible to be pulled off, the delegates could technically not follow the popular vote. It's just a silly idea. It's not like there are only two political parties in the USA. In your case, there would just be two Democratic candidates and one Republican candidate (as an independent) running for office. That would be stupid on the Democratic side because fielding two candidates would hurt their chances of either one winning. That's why the Republican Party doesn't want Ron Paul to run as an independent if he fails to get the Republican nomination.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:06 am

The most recent American Research Group poll, released earlier today, shows Gingrich leading Romney by a 40% to 26% margin. ARG's last poll, released Thursday, showed a virtual tie with Gingrich at 33% and Romney at 32%. The ARG poll showed Paul running five points ahead of Santorum, 18% to 13%.

Sample Size: 600 completed telephone interviews among a random sample of likely Republican primary voters living in South Carolina (458 Republicans, 137 independents, and 5 Democrats).

Margin of Error: ± 4 percentage points
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:25 am

Ron Paul didn't really try campaigning in South Carolina.

I really don't want Gingrich to be president. Please if not Paul, let it be Romney.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:27 am

Lu❣s Suarez wrote:Ron Paul didn't really try campaigning in South Carolina.

I really don't want Gingrich to be president. Please if not Paul, let it be Romney.

Well, South Carolina is a really conservative state (in the lunatic sense) as you could tell from the crowd's reactions during the first debate in the state. Ron Paul had no chance. Hopefully a lot of Democrats and independents go out to vote today. Ron Paul has the best support out of the non-Republican crowd.

And Gingrich has no chance of winning the nomination. I'm willing to bet my house on it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:40 am

Lu❣s Suarez wrote:Ron Paul didn't really try campaigning in South Carolina.

Obama would mop the floor with Gingrich. And most of Romney's attacks on Obama are baseless. He's basically inventing a fictional Obama in each debate. Romney has screwed himself over as far as attacking Obama on the economy.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:01 pm

Voting has ended in South Carolina. Only 13% of the votes have been reported, but CNN has already projected Gingrich as the winner.

Gingrich 39%
    Romney 29%
    Santorum 17%
    Paul 13%
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:06 pm

What was that about whoever wins South Carolina tends to win the GOP?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:09 pm

Lu❣s Suarez wrote:What was that about whoever wins South Carolina tends to win the GOP?

Since the primary inception, 1980, the winner of the South Carolina Republican presidential primary has gone on to win the nomination. I think the record will be broken this year.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:30 pm

If Ron Paul wins nomination, he should choose Rand Paul as his vice-president. Laughing
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Supports : AFC AJAX X X X

Post by Muhkoo Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:36 pm

ahlycotc wrote:If Ron Paul wins nomination, he should choose Rand Paul as his vice-president. Laughing

Find a guy named Paul Ron !

Or Colbert Cool

Ron Paul is the only proper candidate, and along with Romney probably the only one that has a slight chance at beating Obama in the end.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:39 pm

It's pretty much downhill for Paul now in regards to the nomination. Florida is a closed primary.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:28 am