Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Drake
fluffy_kittens
RafaVDV
Danny
luke.
Mal
Grenade
Mouse
Jamie
Zzonked
Ben
The Bat-Man
Carlos Jenkinson
XavIniesta_6
VivaRonaldoLAD
19 posters

Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho

XavIniesta_6
    XavIniesta_6

Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 3 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho

Post by XavIniesta_6 Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:58 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:
    Danny wrote:Well done for posting a Ronaldinho video where he's clearly trying to beat the man, which he does, and a Ronaldo one where he's just keeping hold of the ball. Neutral

in stoppage time Laughing

Wait im just giving an example though, he beats more players with pure speed now then actual short distance dribbling. neuneu Or should I give another example?

Anonymous

Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 3 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:58 am

this is one of ronaldinho most famous goal and he beat all players with simple dribbles and utilize his pace, not headless chicken pace, but good pace

the only complex thing in this move was the matthews dribble in the box

but this show that ronaldinho can also score similar ronaldo esque break away goals even without athletic traits of ronaldo
    XavIniesta_6
    XavIniesta_6

Post by XavIniesta_6 Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:00 am

Crap, all the eexamples I want to put up are form Unknowngenius. Laughing Let me find another one.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:00 am

Jamie wrote:Kicking the ball and chasing it isn't dribbling.

You really are a twat. He doesnt just kick the ball past a player and run and get on the end of it...theres much more to it than that.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:01 am

Who needs pace when you can do something like this. not worthy not worthy

RafaVDV
    RafaVDV

Supports : Tottenham

Post by RafaVDV Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:01 am

Skill/Creativity/Agility/Passing/Tippy-tappy = Ronaldinho

Direct dribbling/Power/Strength/Goals = Ronaldo

2 completely different players, Ronaldinho was the more silky Barcelona kind of player while Ronaldo is effective, direct and equally good in his own right. One's full of touch and skill and the other has skill but is a more powerful player.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:03 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:

You really are a twat. He doesnt just kick the ball past a player and run and get on the end of it...theres much more to it than that.

Like what? His close control is good by most players standards but compared to Ronaldinho he is like Lennon.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:03 am

Jamie wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:

Like what? His close control is good by most players standards but compared to Ronaldinho he is like Lennon.

lol!

what bullshit. Im not even gonna bother responding to that.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:04 am

You just did.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:04 am

XavIniesta_6 wrote:Crap, all the eexamples I want to put up are form Unknowngenius. Laughing Let me find another one.

UnknownGenius really hates Ronaldo & United Laughing
    XavIniesta_6
    XavIniesta_6

Post by XavIniesta_6 Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:04 am

This guy's hatred for Ronaldo is blinding Laughing

In all seriousness, his best move is actually his chop he does running down the wing to cut in and shoot.

Someone find a skills comp. from around 05 to 07
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:05 am

Thread being overloaded with YT videos which are made to make players look good facepalm
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:07 am

that is very interesting point jamie

i think if u go into thing in depth. pure ingenuity and having complex skills, ronaldo is indeed one of the best that there has been, but this does not mean he is also as such high esteem in technique in general

technique is broad categoriy that covers many thing including passing and close control

if u have time with the ball u can pre meditate skills and trickery to use on opponent but in tight areas surrounded by defenders, close control must be instinctive. not that ronaldo lacks close control, because heis extremely good but he does not utilize it like ronaldinho in the past because in tight areas ronaldo can just sheidl ball with his body

we were able to see full extent of ronaldinho close control abilities which let be honest, is superior to any current player bar messi and iniesta and utilize this frequently because he is not only so good at it but he do it instead of using his body
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:08 am

no i like this thread it has shown good discussion, this forum should have more of this than those kiddy wwe threads

also my video was just 1 goal i just use as example to reflect ronaldinho ability to rebuttle someone else point that ronaldinho didnt try to use pace to beat player
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:10 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:Thread being overloaded with YT videos which are made to make players look good Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 3 58503

What do you want? The playmaker pundits in this thread Mauro, Fonseca Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 3 386937 and Jamie have spoken
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:10 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:Thread being overloaded with YT videos which are made to make players look good facepalm
    That bicycle kick was good.

I would love to see Ronaldo do that. Cool
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:11 am

Ronaldo.

Premier League proven, always wins.

Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 3 386937
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:11 am

Fonseca wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:Thread being overloaded with YT videos which are made to make players look good Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 3 58503

What do you want? The playmaker pundits in this thread Mauro, Fonseca Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 3 386937 and Jamie have spoken

The only thing Jamie has spoken is crap Laughing

Mauro makes some very good points and you just posted lots of " Neutral Neutral Neutral Neutral " Laughing
    RafaVDV
    RafaVDV

Post by RafaVDV Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:11 am

mauro=beast wrote:we were able to see full extent of ronaldinho close control abilities which let be honest, is superior to any current player bar messi and iniesta and utilize this frequently because he is not only so good at it but he do it instead of using his body

I'd go as far as to say Ronaldinho was still better than those 2. It was as if his feet could bend any which way at times and whilst Messi has great control no doubt, Dinho was just on another level. The way you described it about his close control, it was instinctive and he could move the ball anyway he wanted in such a quick space of time it's quite unbelievable. Messi's a better player overall and Iniesta can pass at least as well but in terms of touch and skill, neither match the brazilian for me.
    XavIniesta_6
    XavIniesta_6

Post by XavIniesta_6 Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:12 am

But seriously.

Ronaldo is the better overall goal scorer.
    Ronaldinho is the better overall player.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:13 am

People are acting like scoring goals is all Ronaldo does.. he has alot more to his game scratch
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:13 am

RafaVDV wrote:
    mauro=beast wrote:we were able to see full extent of ronaldinho close control abilities which let be honest, is superior to any current player bar messi and iniesta and utilize this frequently because he is not only so good at it but he do it instead of using his body

I'd go as far as to say Ronaldinho was still better than those 2. It was as if his feet could bend any which way at times and whilst Messi has great control no doubt, Dinho was just on another level. The way you described it about his close control, it was instinctive and he could move the ball anyway he wanted in such a quick space of time it's quite unbelievable. Messi's a better player overall and Iniesta can pass at least as well but in terms of touch and skill, neither match the brazilian for me.

what you say is potentially very correct. for me i cannot choose between those 3, so i just make them on a single tier with eachother to make all people happy Smile but also because those 3 are easily level higher in this aspect than rest of the world
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:13 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:

Mauro makes some very good points and you just posted lots of " Neutral Neutral Neutral Neutral " Laughing

there there

Viva Ronaldoooooooo, as good a dribbler as Ronaldinhooooooooo
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:14 am

Jamie wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:

there there

I said Ronaldinho was the better dribbler, so you can stop trying to put words in my mouth Wink
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:15 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:
    Jamie wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:

there there

I said Ronaldinho was the better dribbler, so you can stop trying to put words in my mouth Wink

Saying Ronaldo is even close to being as good as Ronaldinho at dribbling is surely a crime. scratch
    XavIniesta_6
    XavIniesta_6

Post by XavIniesta_6 Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:16 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:People are acting like scoring goals is all Ronaldo does.. he has alot more to his game scratch

He has more to his game, but his goal scoring out shines everything else he does to be honest. You can't call him a play maker now can you? His main weapons are all used to score goals: blistering pace, height, heading ability, free kicks, shot power, ability to shoot with both legs. Am I wrong?
    RafaVDV
    RafaVDV

Post by RafaVDV Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:18 am

Jamie wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:
    Jamie wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:

there there

Saying Ronaldo is even close to being as good as Ronaldinho at dribbling is surely a crime. scratch

Well since he is, no. All the other posts explain Dinho has the better control etc and he used this as his way to get past players which might be more appealing to the eye but he was a different player to Ronaldo. Twisting and turning is a way a dribbling and going past people much in the same way as Ronaldo uses his pace and chopping inside.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:19 am

C. Ronaldo does so much more for his team then Ronaldinho. Is he a diving pussy? yes but his statistics don't lie he is the 2nd best player in the game.I love dinho but I think Cristiano is better.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:20 am

i enoyed this debate a lot. thanks for discussion guys
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:20 am

Jamie wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:
    Jamie wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:

there there

lol! lol! lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 11:32 pm