Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Drake
fluffy_kittens
RafaVDV
Danny
luke.
Mal
Grenade
Mouse
Jamie
Zzonked
Ben
The Bat-Man
Carlos Jenkinson
XavIniesta_6
VivaRonaldoLAD
19 posters

Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho

VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:37 am

Jamie wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:
    Jamie wrote:Ronaldo is a better goalscorer, Ronaldinho is the superior player.

in what way is he "superior" to Ronaldo?

Better passer, more creative, better dribbler, better touch, stronger(yes you read that right)

Ronaldinho in prime = untouchable. Far harder to shut out of a game than Ronaldo.

I think better dribbler is close mainly because both can go past defenders with ease, and the only thing that wins it for Ronaldinho is how he does it, its better to watch imo. Id expect Ronaldinho to be more creative as thats his job in the team, but how are you comparing their strength?
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho

Post by Jamie Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:38 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:
    Jamie wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:

Better passer, more creative, better dribbler, better touch, stronger(yes you read that right)

Ronaldinho in prime = untouchable. Far harder to shut out of a game than Ronaldo.

I think better dribbler is close mainly because both can go past defenders with ease, and the only thing that wins it for Ronaldinho is how he does it, its better to watch imo. Id expect Ronaldinho to be more creative as thats his job in the team, but how are you comparing their strength?

You think Ronaldo is close to Ronaldinho at dribbling?

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:39 am

Jamie wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:
    Jamie wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:

You think Ronaldo is a better dribbler than Ronaldinho?

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

"I think better dribbler is close mainly because both can go past defenders with ease, and the only thing that wins it for Ronaldinho is how he does it, its better to watch imo."

I think that says that Ronaldinho is the better dribbler. Neutral
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:39 am

Mal wrote:
    grenade187 wrote:I personally think Ronaldinho during his prime as just as good as, if not better than Messi is now. So yeah I think he's a hell of a lot better than CR.

I don't think anyone from recent years are even close to Messi.

Inbe4 Zidane/Ronaldinho/obese Ronaldo Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 279869
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:40 am

without having to examine thing into to much depth i can say ronaldinho is better passer but things like skills, is interesting to compare, both player using complex array of different skills, is not like u comparing either of them to player like messi who does not have such a "bag of different tricks" as either but messi is more productive then both

i think for ronaldinho when in his time he was revolutionary player, he was not bless with pace of ronaldo or low centre of gravity of messi. he is more closely related to zidane as a player but with different approach play in attack areas(in this area he is similar to ronaldo)

i forgot who wrote but on skysport i remember reading editorial about these 2 some years ago, ronaldo has tendacy to slow the play down for his team because he like to carry the ball, when ronaldinho slows play down for his team its not always when he carries the ball, ronaldinho dictate play from beginning of deep areas and play to his own pace. ronaldo favors picking ball up in attacking areas and will slow play down for support.

if these 2 play on same team, ronaldo would slow play down to wait for player like ronaldinho to help. and ronaldinho if beginning with the ball would look to find ronaldo more

ronaldo is naturally better goalscorer because he is a modern fake striker

provided a different team and if ronaldinho was athleticaly gifted as ronaldo, he probably would of play same sort of role
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:40 am

Ronaldinho is nowhere near Ronaldo's strength. Laughing

More agile maybe.. but Ronaldo could easily hold Ronaldinho off the ball with bare strength. Ronaldinho would be smashed by Cristiano cause he's a fukkin tank.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:41 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:
    Jamie wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:
    Jamie wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:

"I think better dribbler is close mainly because both can go past defenders with ease, and the only thing that wins it for Ronaldinho is how he does it, its better to watch imo."

See edit. Fucking hilarious, Ronaldo can barely beat a Numancia level full back any more.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:42 am

i think phenomenon ronaldo is just as good as messi and is only player that can he is as(was) as good at one point but obviously hew ill never have the better career than messi
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:43 am

Jamie wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:
    Jamie wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:
    Jamie wrote:

See edit. Fucking hilarious, Ronaldo can barely beat a Numancia level full back any more.

You are really talking out of your arse, both players go past defenders with ease when they want too.. Ronaldinho just made it look better on the eye.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:44 am

Yeah, Ronaldo in like 2006/2007 went past players with ease.

Now? He rarely does.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:45 am

Jamie wrote:Yeah, Ronaldo in like 2006/2007 went past players with ease.

Now? He rarely does.

rofl rofl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:45 am

i dont think ronaldinho was physicaly weak at all. just not as strong as cristiano ronaldo but this doesnt mean ronaldinho is some weak loser.

ronaldo is one of the most athletic players in the history of football not just in today game. lack of athletic ability, ronaldinho will make up with better passing and 360 awareness on pitch that he has that was better then any player in his prime time
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:47 am

mauro=beast wrote:i dont think ronaldinho was physicaly weak at all. just not as strong as cristiano ronaldo but this doesnt mean ronaldinho is some weak loser.

ronaldo is one of the most athletic players in the history of football not just in today game. lack of athletic ability, ronaldinho will make up with better passing and 360 awareness on pitch that he has that was better then any player in his prime time

Noone said he was weak, its just Jamie saying he was stronger than Ronaldo.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:47 am

Dry Smile
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:48 am

luke. wrote:

Dry Smile

Amazing goal, remember watching it live not worthy
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:48 am

Harder to push off the ball, put it like that. Mix of strength, balance, agility. Whatever it is.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:48 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:
    Jamie wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:
    Jamie wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:

Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955

You are really talking out of your arse, both players go past defenders with ease when they want too.. Ronaldinho just made it look better on the eye.

Ronaldo has pace, Ronaldinho didn't have nearly as much
    XavIniesta_6
    XavIniesta_6

Post by XavIniesta_6 Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:49 am

Skill moves, showboating and dribbling are 3 different things. Ronaldinho beat players with his skill moves a lot more than Cristiano does. He is also a better "natural" dribbler as well because he is so good at using his upper body to swag and juke defenders. Ronaldo showboats a lot more, idk how many times I've seen him do stepovers and back heels that are unproductive, and if he beats someone, its mostly due to his blistering pace. That's the difference.

Ronaldinho is the far better dribbler. Examples.

VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:51 am

Fonseca wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:
    Jamie wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:
    Jamie wrote:

Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955 Cristiano Ronaldo vs Ronaldinho - Page 2 70955

No doubt, thats why it was more exciting watching Ronaldinho go past players than Ronaldo.. but still doesnt stop the fact that both do it with ease when needed.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:52 am

Jamie wrote:Harder to push off the ball, put it like that. Mix of strength, balance, agility. Whatever it is.
    \

indeed there is multiple facets involve in being able to win ball from another player

for me to compare the two would be if they recieve ball with their back to a defender, ronaldo maybe can hold off that defender or just take a foul but ronaldinho would feint and use this to advantage

obviously ronaldo can also do this but ronaldinho has different way to keep possesion of ball than ronaldo

ronaldinho prefer to use technical qualities to keep ball in physical situation. ronaldo can use combination of this but mostly rely on ability to put his body in correct areas

does not nesseiraly mean he is inferior, just shows the advancement in just maybe 5-6 years that players are so athletic now that they do not always have to use feet to keep ball at least not at frequency of the past even as recent as ronaldinhos prime
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:52 am

edit: wrong thread. Embarassed

Last edited by Splashy on Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:52 am

Well done for posting a Ronaldinho video where he's clearly trying to beat the man, which he does, and a Ronaldo one where he's just keeping hold of the ball. Neutral
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:53 am

Danny wrote:Well done for posting a Ronaldinho video where he's clearly trying to beat the man, which he does, and a Ronaldo one where he's just keeping hold of the ball. Neutral

in stoppage time Laughing
    XavIniesta_6
    XavIniesta_6

Post by XavIniesta_6 Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:54 am

Cristiano Ronaldo was a MUCH better dribbler between 04-07. He built too much muscle on him now so he is extremely stiff, but has very fast feet.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:54 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:
    Jamie wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:

No doubt, thats why it was more exciting watching Ronaldinho go past players than Ronaldo.. but still doesnt stop the fact that both do it with ease when needed.

watching someone run past a defender doesnt mean its more exciting then what ronaldinho did. u need to specify this statement more

ronaldinho ran past many players with simple dribbles
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:55 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:
    Danny wrote:Well done for posting a Ronaldinho video where he's clearly trying to beat the man, which he does, and a Ronaldo one where he's just keeping hold of the ball. Neutral

in stoppage time Laughing
    Exactly. Can't really compare them showing that.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:55 am

Xaviniesta - that was a terrible example because Cristiano had the ball in the corner and was showing off to waste time. He wasn't even trying to go past the defender and didn't want to.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:56 am

mauro=beast wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:
    Jamie wrote:

watching someone run past a defender doesnt mean its more exciting then what ronaldinho did. u need to specify this statement more

ronaldinho ran past many players with simple dribbles

I meant that Ronaldo at the moment, relies on his pace more to go past people, whereas a when he was younger he was all about stepovers etc.. thats not saying he doesnt use them now.. just not as much. I think you made a very good point about the atleticism.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:58 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:
    Jamie wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:

But Ronaldinho's better....
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:58 am

Kicking the ball and chasing it isn't dribbling.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 11:25 pm