Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Jamie
Scouser_Dave
Demba Ba
Jordi
El_indian
fluffy_kittens
The Bat-Man
LeBron
Carlos Jenkinson
ResurrectionRooney
Childish Logic
Kuled
Cadbury
SBSP
Fanatic
Theo Filippo
20 posters

Are Liverpool Chelsea's feeder club?

Poll

Are Liverpool Chelsea's feeder club?

[ 16 ]
    Are Liverpool Chelsea's feeder club? - Page 3 Bar_left70%Are Liverpool Chelsea's feeder club? - Page 3 Bar_right [70%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Are Liverpool Chelsea's feeder club? - Page 3 Bar_left30%Are Liverpool Chelsea's feeder club? - Page 3 Bar_right [30%] 

Total Votes: 23
    Anonymous

Are Liverpool Chelsea's feeder club? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are Liverpool Chelsea's feeder club?

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:23 am

Dave, he's saying they left a mediocre club (Liverpool) to join a top PL side (Chelsea)
    Sean

Are Liverpool Chelsea's feeder club? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are Liverpool Chelsea's feeder club?

Post by Sean Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:26 am

Please for the love of mercy can we not have another Torres thread? Laughing
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:30 am

luke. wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:
    luke. wrote:90% of why Torres did so badly last season here was because no-one passed to him and Ancelotti's tactics were awful, as well as Torres being unfit, and having no confidence.

Exactly same excuse we used under Roy. It's bollocks imo.

Explain the Torres we've seen this year then?

And that's still with Chelsea not providing great service, he still has to come deep to get the ball because no-one has been able to provide him a pass through the defence.

That's because his positioning is shite. He was like that under Roy and we just blamed the system he was playing and the players around him.

Torres only plays well when you get the whole team to play to his strengths. Rafa was perfect at doing that with getting players like Gerrard playing behind him feeding the ball to him.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:31 am

Scouser_Dave wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:
    luke. wrote:90% of why Torres did so badly last season here was because no-one passed to him and Ancelotti's tactics were awful, as well as Torres being unfit, and having no confidence.

And that's still with Chelsea not providing great service, he still has to come deep to get the ball because no-one has been able to provide him a pass through the defence.

That's because his positioning is shite. He was like that under Roy and we just blamed the system he was playing and the players around him.

Torres only plays well when you get the whole team to play to his strengths. Rafa was perfect at doing that with getting players like Gerrard playing behind him feeding the ball to him.

You've just proved my point...
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:48 am

luke. wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:

Chelsea have never been a team to play to one players strength though. That's the point I'm trying to get at. That's why Torres wasn't the right player to sign. Carlo knew that and was probably the down fall to him being sacked.

We needed to sell because we relied on him to much as well. Look at our team now. Were scoring goals from all over the team and we're much better without him.

luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:52 am

Scouser_Dave wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:

Chelsea have never been a team to play to one players strength though. That's the point I'm trying to get at. That's why Torres wasn't the right player to sign. Carlo knew that and was probably the down fall to him being sacked.

We needed to sell because we relied on him to much as well. Look at our team now. Were scoring goals from all over the team and we're much better without him.

That's what I'm getting at, Torres' problem has mainly been down to how we play, and it didn't help that Ancelotti wanted Torres to adapt to his system, rather then the other way round.

Although you talk like the only thing Torres can do is get the ball and run and score, but he's created a few decent chances this season, 2 for Drogba vs Norwich, 1 which he got knocked out as a result, and the header Kalou missed vs Stoke.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:10 am

luke. wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:
    luke. wrote:

That's what I'm getting at, Torres' problem has mainly been down to how we play, and it didn't help that Ancelotti wanted Torres to adapt to his system, rather then the other way round.

Although you talk like the only thing Torres can do is get the ball and run and score, but he's created a few decent chances this season, 2 for Drogba vs Norwich, 1 which he got knocked out as a result, and the header Kalou missed vs Stoke.

Why should he change his system for one player? The same system that won you's lot the League and FA Cup.

It's good that he's assisting and I think that's down to the work of Villas Boas, but it doesn't solve the root of the problem for Torres.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:45 am

Jordi wrote:We are Arsenal's feeder club.
    You are Barcelona's feeders clubs feeder club. Aint nothing wrong with that Razz
    I2eds_AVA
    I2eds_AVA

Post by I2eds_AVA Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:20 pm

Well this is the worst title of a thread ever, as it can easily be answered. No. Neutral

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:43 pm