Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
RoryOB94
dena
Zzonked
Muhkoo
Sean
Childish Logic
El Jefe
Jordi
Grenade
Bye_Ya
BMxJoga
Cadbury
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
AriseForLife
Theo Filippo
Ben 10
fluffy_kittens
Fanatic
The Zlatan
Lux
Tio Nicci
Jamie
chiboygeorge
Marvin
VivaRonaldoLAD
SBSP
Carlos Jenkinson
31 posters

Is Silva the best midfielder in the league?

Poll

Vote

[ 14 ]
    Is Silva the best midfielder in the league? - Page 2 Bar_left54%Is Silva the best midfielder in the league? - Page 2 Bar_right [54%] 
    [ 12 ]
    Is Silva the best midfielder in the league? - Page 2 Bar_left46%Is Silva the best midfielder in the league? - Page 2 Bar_right [46%] 

Total Votes: 26
    Anonymous

Is Silva the best midfielder in the league? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Silva the best midfielder in the league?

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:30 am

yeah hes probably the best
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Is Silva the best midfielder in the league? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Silva the best midfielder in the league?

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:31 am

VivaRonaldo wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:

Its not logical comparing David Silva to the likes of Fabrice fuckin Muamba.

Jela 2.0?

No, I just have common sense.

Well there's no hope in trying with you if you can't see the difference in quality between Muamba

Its more to do with their difference in positions Neutral Proving you cant simply compare "midfielders" as they are different types of player.

The difference in class distinguishes it, a person with half a brain could acknowledge Cesc was the best with the likes of Toure etc
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:32 am

Fonseca wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:

Jela 2.0?

No, I just have common sense.

Well there's no hope in trying with you if you can't see the difference in quality between Muamba

Its more to do with their difference in positions Neutral Proving you cant simply compare "midfielders" as they are different types of player.

The difference in class distinguishes it, a person with half a brain could acknowledge Cesc was the best with the likes of Toure etc

Silva and DeJong two of the best midfielders in their respective positions, how do you choose who is best?
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor

Formerly known as : XxBradKennedyxX

Post by Dr. Ján Ĩtor Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:47 am

Probably, but its hard comparing players when theyre so different, Nani, Silva, Modders and De Jong are probably the best in there respective roles/styles, so how do you choose which is best?
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:47 am

XxBradKennedyxX wrote:Probably, but its hard comparing players when theyre so different, Nani, Silva, Modders and De Jong are probably the best in there respective roles/styles, so how do you choose which is best?

My point exactly..........
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:49 am

Where does Muamba come on though?
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:55 am

SBSP wrote:Where does Muamba come on though?

He was the first midfielder that popped into my head.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:56 am

That doesn't make any sense though. Even though they play different positions, Silva is easily better in his than Muamba. Neutral
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:56 am

Can I just nominate El Zhar? He's leaving, but until then, he's in with a shout.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:56 am

Jamie wrote:
    Chris wrote:In England it seems people prefer workrate to flair, which is why it's going downhill.

I've got you pegged as one of those people.
    Bit ironic seeing you were moaning about Adam's workrate the other day and deem a player like Arshavin as shit.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:57 am

SBSP wrote:That doesn't make any sense though. Even though they play different positions, Silva is easily better in his than Muamba. Neutral

My point was that Silva and Muamba cant be compared as midfielders, we know Silva is the better player.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:59 am

They can be compared as midfielders because they both are. Neutral You can compare any players you want. It's just difficult when they're close in quality and play different roles. Silva and Muamba, though, are not close in quality.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:01 pm

SBSP wrote:They can be compared as midfielders because they both are. Neutral You can compare any players you want. It's just difficult when they're close in quality and play different roles. Silva and Muamba, though, are not close in quality.

They both play completely different roles. How would you judge whos better between De Jong and Silva, I know Muamba was pushing it but I had to prove my point.
    Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Post by Marvin Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:02 pm

SBSP wrote:They can be compared as midfielders because they both are. Neutral You can compare any players you want. It's just difficult when they're close in quality and play different roles. Silva and Muamba, though, are not close in quality.
    I would like to see Silva protecting the back 4 and breaking up play.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:04 pm

Marvin wrote:
    I would like to see Silva protecting the back 4 and breaking up play.

cheers 2
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:07 pm

You know what I meant. Dry Smile
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:10 pm

SBSP wrote:You know what I meant. Dry Smile

Hes showing my point though, Silva cant break up play like DeJong, whereas De Jong cant attack as good as Silva, you can say Silva is a better player, but not a better midfielder.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:32 pm

Chris wrote:
    Jamie wrote:
    Chris wrote:In England it seems people prefer workrate to flair, which is why it's going downhill.

I've got you pegged as one of those people.
    Bit ironic seeing you were moaning about Adam's workrate the other day and deem a player like Arshavin as shit.

Arshavin is shit because he disappears, not because he doesn't work hard.

Adam doesn't really have flair.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:33 pm

Muamba is quite good on FIFA, he develops into a beautiful footballer and wfor
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:43 pm

i dont like arshavin either

he has all facets to be one of best player around. good tecnical. good speed. intelligence etc etc. but his influence is so littleeee

why is so many games he doesnt involve himself in play much. surely he is what they call a "motd player". like he is shy. but simply doesnt insert influence over a game
    BMxJoga
    BMxJoga

Post by BMxJoga Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:03 pm

I'd rather have Nasri if I am honest.
    Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:06 pm

Silva Is Silva the best midfielder in the league? - Page 2 914411
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:10 pm

Silva is brilliant, him and Modric are the two midfielders I like best in the league, we'll see how Gerrard comes back but it's not looking good.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:32 pm

mauro=beast wrote:i dont like arshavin either

he has all facets to be one of best player around. good tecnical. good speed. intelligence etc etc. but his influence is so littleeee

why is so many games he doesnt involve himself in play much. surely he is what they call a "motd player". like he is shy. but simply doesnt insert influence over a game

He's a good player but he plays best centrally and to be honest he doesn't really fit into the Arsenal team well. I guess you can say he's wasting his career at Arsenal. Not winning trophy's and not playing well.

Anyway I would say Silva is probably one of the best midfielders in the league with the likes of Nasri, Modric, Essien (when on form), Nani and Yaya toure. I'm not directly comparing these players but they are amongst the elite of the premier league. When City sign Nasri they will fucking shit on everyone !
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:33 pm

Now that Cesc has gone I would say Silva is the best.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:36 pm

its crazy, before he came i bet 90% of the people said he wouldnt be able to handle the premier league
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:38 pm

VivaRonaldo wrote:

They both play completely different roles. How would you judge whos better between De Jong and Silva, I know Muamba was pushing it but I had to prove my point.

The whole point of comparing is that it's supposed to be different things.

Messi is better than Carson, Ben and Jerry's ice cream is better than Tesco Value cornflakes.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:39 pm

Lux wrote:
    VivaRonaldo wrote:

The whole point of comparing is that it's supposed to be different things.

Messi is better than Carson, Ben and Jerry's ice cream is better than Tesco Value cornflakes.
    Strongly disagree.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:41 pm

Yeah probably. There's definitely a shortage of quality midfielders in the Premier League which has lead players like Luka "flavour of the month" Modric to all of a sudden be considered world class.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:03 pm

Jordi wrote:Strongly disagree.

Is Silva the best midfielder in the league? - Page 2 4jyOx

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:31 pm