Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Uncle John from Jamaica
Lux
crump
Mal
Mustangt125
Kris
Jordi
menalawyerguy
Danny
jeb4eva
Cornholio
SARGENT CIDERED
16 posters

Help needed from REAL football fans

Mal
    Mal

Help needed from REAL football fans - Page 2 Empty Re: Help needed from REAL football fans

Post by Mal Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:07 am

Luxz0rz wrote:Fuckin Polskie Schleps.

But really they're not that bad most are less crazy than Polskagola.......although they're all vodka crazy Laughing

I don't mind Polish people until one steals my job. Neutral
    SARGENT CIDERED

Help needed from REAL football fans - Page 2 Empty Re: Help needed from REAL football fans

Post by SARGENT CIDERED Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:13 am

At last, a couple of sensible replies (although as expected a couple of moronic ones aswell!)

I believe the FA wanted to spread the tournament over the country and as the bid already has at least 2 grounds from Yorkshire i feel this is what cost Hull their place. Possibly Plymouths exceptance was at the cost of Saint Marys (which i do agree is better suited than the new Home Park).

As i've said before, the world cup bid is a bonus. My club needs a new stadium, not because of the capacity, but because the current stadium wasnt built with todays commercial side of football in mind and is sadly lacking in confrence/banqueting facillites. This brings so much money into a club that we are missing out on. The current stadium costs us a million each year in upkeep where a new stadium would be a fraction of that.

Our chairmans dream is to make us self sufficent, he plans to build the stadium funded by himself and the sale of the current ground/naming rights/ and other facillites on site. There will be no major debt to the club after it's been built. The stadium is a must for us to be competitive.

No Rovers will not be sharing, this is not a council funded venture like the grounds at Swansea, Doncaster etc. They have their own plans and the City of Bristol is very much devided by the river avon with the small smattering of Rovers fans ( Very Happy ) on the north side, with City in the south. Rovers would not enjoy travelling across town if we were to offer them a home. Our crowds are poor this season (although we have sold out once already) but if you look at the size of the city and the massive potential catchment area a 30k stadium would sell out every week if we did ever get to the prem. We regularly take 35 to 45,000 to wembley and the Mill stad when we get there. But as i said, the capacity is again not the most important thing.

Thuda, your concern for the econmic and green issues is refreshing to talk about. With the various building projects that will come from from this venture will create 5000 building jobs (which will of course mean school leavers getting a route in to the building trade). ANother 1000 jobs will also be created. As for the land issues, well believe me the site in question is not your average "village green". There are pictures on the facebook site of the reality of this former landfill site. As one of the conditions of the planning permission the club has commited to leave one field completly untouched as well as over 23 acres of the 42 acre site a maintained wetland area for to attract wildlife. Add to that the stadium will be one of the most ecolgical sound stadiums in the world.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:13 am

James wrote:Oh I remember you.

Now fuck off because the World Cup Bid is stupid. The likes of Bristol and MK Dons got chose over Hull.

Bristol - A city in the southwest that wont fill a 25000 seater stadium. Not sure of there plans but they would need at least that and then add 15000 temp seating in.

MK Dons - another small club that cant sell out the stadium they are in now.

Why the fuck do teams like this get chosen for it when theres teams like Hull who 20k av attendances in the Championship. In the Premiership we had 25000 sell outs every week. We also had 5000 people on the waiting lists. We have the stadium already which we have permissions already to expand to 35000.

But no... WC organiser people listen too much to what they see on TV.

Cunts. NO SUPPORT.
    3 words. Hull's a shithole. It has absolutely fuck all to do with the club team, I would probably travel to MK to watch a game but not to Hull cause it's waste.
    SARGENT CIDERED

Post by SARGENT CIDERED Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:17 am

Oh and Bristol is not a dump! lol! It's actually a very diverse city which is getting well known for the arts luvvey!

The birth of trip hop, the world famous docks, Banksy and that thick bird from Big Brother are just some of what we offer the rest of England lol!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:43 am

Isnt that where there is loads of Gay people?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:28 am

James wrote:Oh I remember you.

Now fuck off because the World Cup Bid is stupid. The likes of Bristol and MK Dons got chose over Hull.

Bristol - A city in the southwest that wont fill a 25000 seater stadium. Not sure of there plans but they would need at least that and then add 15000 temp seating in.

MK Dons - another small club that cant sell out the stadium they are in now.

Why the fuck do teams like this get chosen for it when theres teams like Hull who 20k av attendances in the Championship. In the Premiership we had 25000 sell outs every week. We also had 5000 people on the waiting lists. We have the stadium already which we have permissions already to expand to 35000.

But no... WC organiser people listen too much to what they see on TV.

Cunts. NO SUPPORT.

Cause from what I heard from other people, Hull is a shit city which would scare potential WC tourists/visitors.
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:33 am

Cameron_LFC wrote:Isnt that where there is loads of Gay people?

That's Brighton Wink
    LeBron

Formerly known as : Spider
    Supports : Man Red.

Post by LeBron Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:39 am

SARGENT CIDERED wrote: that thick bird from Big Brother are just some of what we offer the rest of England

Congrats.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:39 am

atastycrumpet wrote:Yeah thats true, I moved out just when it started to turn into a proper dump. My family all used to live there and now they live all over the country, still mainly South - London way though. Slough is full of Polish and that now yeah. Loads of Polish shops too.

Ooh how lucky. I would probably like to live there if that was the case.

Being around closely accessible Polish stores, to buy Kielbasa, Ogurki and everything! How lovely!

In Toronto I had to drive all the way to Etobicoke or sometimes to Scarborough just to buy Polish food. In Venezuela the closest thing is a Bavarian store across the city. Neutral

Luxz0rz wrote:But really they're not that bad most are less crazy than Polskagola.......although they're all vodka crazy Laughing

I'm not crazy. Neutral

I only appear crazy on the internet. Neutral IRL I don't even say I am Polish.

Bergkamp wrote:I don't mind Polish people until one steals my job. Neutral

It can't be stealing if we are all EU citizens. If you are so fucking bothered by it, how about you stop being a lazy arse and steal the job back, and if you intend on staying lazy arses, leave the EU.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyway, petition is signed and everything. Wink

I'd like to see Bristol or Milton Keynes get the bid, if only to help boost support of Bristol and MK Dons clubs, as I see them both as potential strong Championship teams. Plus from what I read, it seems this would help the Bristolian (is that what you call yourselves?) economy and city a lot.

Which other (smaller) cities are in the bid as well? Southampton? Plymouth? Who else?
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Supports : Emm-You-Eff-See

Post by moscowmadeit3 Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:43 am

Wouldn't want MK Dongs, they are a franchise.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:49 am

moscowmadeit3 wrote:Wouldn't want MK Dongs, they are a franchise.

I am sympathetic for the TRUE Dons as well, but you have to look at the future, they are in Milton Keynes, and the True Dons(except with new cool 21st century founding date) are fighting to get back into the proper leagues.

It's not like MK is going to move again either.

Besides, imagine how epic the derbies are going to be againt MK and AFC Wimbledon.

Anyway, checking on wikipedia... Bristol has a metro population of 3,506,600! eek (and a city population of 580,000) Bristol is not a small city at all. They definitely can handle having a big stadium, plus the interest shown in football following the WC will most likely be massive, Bristol City could have the fan support. I see no reason it couldn't
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Supports : Emm-You-Eff-See

Post by moscowmadeit3 Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:54 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
    moscowmadeit3 wrote:Wouldn't want MK Dongs, they are a franchise.

I am sympathetic for the TRUE Dons as well, but you have to look at the future, they are in Milton Keynes, and the True Dons(except with new cool 21st century founding date) are fighting to get back into the proper leagues.

It's not like MK is going to move again either.

Besides, imagine how epic the derbies are going to be againt MK and AFC Wimbledon.

Anyway, checking on wikipedia... Bristol has a metro population of 3,506,600! eek (and a city population of 580,000) Bristol is not a small city at all. They definitely can handle having a big stadium, plus the interest shown in football following the WC will most likely be massive, Bristol City could have the fan support. I see no reason it couldn't

Ohhh, got the wrong end of the stick Smile

Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:58 am

BenSmith wrote:
    Cameron_LFC wrote:Isnt that where there is loads of Gay people?

That's Brighton Wink

Ahh ok. Cool
    SARGENT CIDERED

Post by SARGENT CIDERED Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:00 am

Thanks for the support Polska!

Yes, we are the 5th or 6th biggest city in England and the fact we have no top class sporting facillity or large music arena (which could also go on to the stadium site) is a joke, oh and yes you are correct with Bristollians. cheers Did wiki also tell you back in the 90's we had the polish George Best, Jacki Dziekanowski playing for us aswell! What a legend.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:02 am

Jacki Dziekanowski? The commentator? Neutral

Checking Wiki, he was before my time, but it doesn't seem he was all that impressive.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:28 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:Jacki Dziekanowski? The commentator? Neutral

Checking Wiki, he was before my time, but it doesn't seem he was all that impressive.

We had Rasiak, the Polish Pele rock on
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:41 am

Stop naming shit Polish players. Neutral

Laughing

Rasiak was pretty good a couple years ago though. Smile
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:20 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:Stop naming shit Polish players. Neutral

Laughing

Well tbh....what other kind is there?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:35 am

The good ones

Kuszczak, Mariusz Lewandowski, Robert Lewandowski, Glik, Murawski, Jelen, Dudka, Obraniak, Blaszczykowski, Piszczek. And those are only the ones that play abroad. Neutral
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:36 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:The good ones

Kuszczak, Mariusz Lewandowski, Robert Lewandowski, Glik, Murawski, Jelen, Dudka, Obraniak, Blaszczykowski, Piszczek. And those are only the ones that play abroad. Neutral

Yup........so much better than the English "talent" as you put it Arrow

Except Brozek he really is up there with Bendtner and Berbatov.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:03 am

I never said they were. Laughing

You see, it's similar how you as a Watford fan, can freely rant on any Chelsea/United/Arsenal/Whatever player and completely disregard any replies made about Watford players because you are well aware of how shit Watford are. (in comparison of coarse)

It's the same except with National Teams. Smile (Plus Polish players aren't that shit, we have decent players after all. It's the fucking NT that disappoints)

Brozek was as good as Bendtner back a two seasons ago. He's been having injury problems and can't find consistency, he's been pretty bleh for the last season and a half. He is still a class above most Ekstraklasa players though.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:13 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:I never said they were. Laughing

You see, it's similar how you as a Watford fan, can freely rant on any Chelsea/United/Arsenal/Whatever player and completely disregard any replies made about Watford players because you are well aware of how shit Watford are. (in comparison of coarse)

I can freely rant on anything, it's not about who I am or who I support, it's about being realistic. You always go on about England being bad, when really that's not true at all. You could be English and a Chelsea supporter or someone from a Pacific Island.....if you're wrong you're wrong.

Watford aren't a big team of course...but hey...we could get promoted this season.

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
    It's the same except with National Teams. Smile (Plus Polish players aren't that shit, we have decent players after all. It's the fucking NT that disappoints)

Well it depends on how you describe as shit. Poland are too poor right now to make it into any tournaments unless you're hosting....and that's the point. You just generally think English players are rubbish based on their performances for England...yet that doesn't matter when it's Poland?

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
    Brozek was as good as Bendtner back a two seasons ago. He's been having injury problems and can't find consistency, he's been pretty bleh for the last season and a half. He is still a class above most Ekstraklasa players though.

Sure he was, and either way he's not going to be top player for sure now and being better than the Polish league isn't exactly the best compliment.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:18 am

To people saying Hull is shit, you've never been here.

Hull will scare potential tourists? What about London and Manchester with all them shootings and stabbings? I guess that will attract them over wont it!
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:29 am

James wrote:To people saying Hull is shit, you've never been here.

Hull will scare potential tourists? What about London and Manchester with all them shootings and stabbings? I guess that will attract them over wont it!

I think shootings is going a bit far.....I've gone through rough patches where people have been stabbed to death on occasion, but I've never even seen a gun on the streets in England.......yet alone regular shootings.

As for Hull.....I got a brief glimpse of it a few years ago and it I wasn't paying too much attention but it didn't look like a shit hole......just your average place really. But.....Hull is quite far from anywhere that anyone wants to be.....

-Is Hull a tourist attraction? It's really not....
    -Quite a few hours to get to Manchester/Liverpool or Birmingham or London.
    -Not a big footballing city..not a massive stadium either (on International standards)

With all the other hosts you're at or near a tourist attraction/major city....and/or a big football stadium. It's not that bad that you're not on the list though......not far too far to get to Yorkshire.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:35 am

I can freely rant on anything, it's not about who I am or who I support, it's about being realistic. You always go on about England being bad, when really that's not true at all. You could be English and a Chelsea supporter or someone from a Pacific Island.....if you're wrong you're wrong.

Watford aren't a big team of course...but hey...we could get promoted this season.

Wrong about what exactly? Laughing

I really like Watford as a club, I do hope you get promoted. Smile

Well it depends on how you describe as shit. Poland are too poor right now to make it into any tournaments unless you're hosting....and that's the point. You just generally think English players are rubbish based on their performances for England...yet that doesn't matter when it's Poland?

I wouldn't say that, I think we are good enough to qualify. But we are much more poor than what we should be. (We are one of the biggest countries in Europe with one of the biggest populations, the mediocrity we get is ridiculous for a football loving country like Poland.)

Like I don't watch the EPL. Help needed from REAL football fans - Page 2 706492

England has good players, one of the best in the world actually. Their performances in the NT is a different story though. I blame the latest failures on Capello though. I find him incompetent especially tactically. Anyone could've predicted England struggling in the WC. (As have I on the EA Forums before the WC)

No, Pawel Brozek doesn't have a chance to be a top player anymore unfortunately. I do hope he get's back on form and leads Wisla to more Champion titles, and perhaps some European Success as he ages into his prime.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:48 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:Wrong about what exactly? Laughing

No one wants to see you being sarcastic about English talent, it's just silly seeing as how our young players are coming on leaps and bounds and have so much potential.

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
    I really like Watford as a club, I do hope you get promoted. Smile

There's not much to hate about us really. We're a great community club, there's nothing controversial about us (except the decisions against us Sad), and we have a nice youth system and some decent players too. It's also nice for us, being touted as relegation certainties by some pundits, being 4th in the table and proving people wrong.

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
    I wouldn't say that, I think we are good enough to qualify. But we are much more poor than what we should be. (We are one of the biggest countries in Europe with one of the biggest populations, the mediocrity we get is ridiculous for a football loving country like Poland.)

You've had a few years in your history where you've done well, but other then that you've not had a great footballing pedigree. Big or not, talent that can propel Poland to great international heights (or even some cameo appearances for top European clubs) has come thin and far.

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
    England has good players, one of the best in the world actually. Their performances in the NT is a different story though. I blame the latest failures on Capello though. I find him incompetent especially tactically. Anyone could've predicted England struggling in the WC. (As have I on the EA Forums before the WC)

Well I blame Capello to an extent too, but with England for me it's really a case of just poor officials. It's annoying for everyone because we don't want to make excuses we just want to win....and people think that England need to win 3-0 every game....but for me officials have always seemed to be in our way when it's come to major tournaments. There's been some where we can hold our hands up and say "We just weren't good enough" (although still finishing respectably)....but there's some where the officials have cost us badly....and ruined our reputation at the same time.

Sure...we had an unconvincing World Cup......but Spain didn't exactly set the tournament on fire either they were just getting through with 1 goal wins (fair play to them).....if luck was on our side more England could definitely get to a semi final.

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
    No, Pawel Brozek doesn't have a chance to be a top player anymore unfortunately. I do hope he get's back on form and leads Wisla to more Champion titles, and perhaps some European Success as he ages into his prime.

You never know...but there isn't really the money in Polish football for you to have European success. You could get to the group stages of the Champions League or maybe the latter stages of the Europa League but even that is quite a success for Poland.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:44 am

I don't think I ever made a harsh comment on young English talent. (Unless I am on pure troll/joking mode and the other guy realizes that)

It wasn't just a few years, it was 3 decades of good football. Neutral (And arguably more if you count pre-WWII)

There is money in Polish Football. Not as much as i'd like, but there is much more than enough for propelling Polish Football in the right direction. Unfortunately, the PZPN is corrupt as hell, and with the horrid training and fitness systems in Polish Ekstraklasa clubs, Polish clubs won't succeed in Europe. Another thing is Fan Support. We have low attendance numbers at Ekstraklasa Games. Fortunately this is changing and many many games this season has had over 10K fans at stadiums, which was simply unheard of two years ago from even the top clubs. (Lech, Wisla, Slask Wroclaw, Legia, Gornik, Chorzow, Gdansk, Zagelbie, Bialystok, Kielce have all brought atleast 8-10K to each of their home games, with some many many more.)

And it looks like that the Polish League is improving rapidly, if like I mentioned earlier, the Ekstraklasa clubs finally adopt modern training methods and coaches, following the craziness in Fan Support after the EURO(where I hope will have a similar effect as in Portugal, with the attendances suddenly jumping to 30K at home games of major clubs), I hope and do expect Polish Football to rise in the following decade. Atleast I hope so anyway. Laughing

I just need to keep faithful(and maybe cringe a little time to time) through all of Poland's failures in between than though. Sad
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:02 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:Stop naming shit Polish players. Neutral

Laughing

When he played for us not worthy
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:03 am

Cleber, the Wisla Krakow defender Help needed from REAL football fans - Page 2 914411
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:35 am

Most mistake prone fucker. Help needed from REAL football fans - Page 2 567798

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:39 pm