Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Uncle John from Jamaica
Lux
crump
Mal
Mustangt125
Kris
Jordi
menalawyerguy
Danny
jeb4eva
Cornholio
SARGENT CIDERED
16 posters

Help needed from REAL football fans

SARGENT CIDERED

Help needed from REAL football fans Empty Help needed from REAL football fans

Post by SARGENT CIDERED Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:21 am

Hi guys, i'd like to draw your attention to a grave injustice that is about to befall my club.

Bristol’s new regional stadium is under threat and the South West could miss out on World Cup football as a result. The stadium which is part of England’s bid to host the World Cup in 2018 would provide huge value to the community, benefit the region’s economy by up to £560m and will provide over 20 acres of green open space including a managed wildlife wetlands area. However, a legal loophole could declare this former landfill site a “town green” and thus prevent the stadium from going ahead and losing the community a combined 5000 construction and 1000 other jobs.

All because 22 local residents, who have lost the democratic process of our elected council (who granted planning permission) have found this loophole which has resulted in this potential spanner in the works. Even the group "The campaign for real village greens" have stated that they think this tactic is a wrong and goes against real village green campaigns. We have a period now where the club are trying to collate information to prove this claim wrong and have asked people of Bristol and the wider football family for support. This can be done by joining the facebook group and signing the online council petition.

I would ask real football fans on these forums to take 2 minutes to help by doing one or both of these things.

The facebook group can be found here:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bristol-wants-a-new-...-village-green/114877845237445

and the e-petition is here:
    http://epetitions.bristol.gov.uk/epetition_core/community/petition/1094
    please once you sign the petiton please check your email (possibly in the junk folder) for the confirmation email which you need to click to confirm.

There is also a video for more information on the "village green" debacle
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BristolCityST#p/a/u/1/yZZqNFrRVGg

thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully your support,

Cheers

Sarge
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Help needed from REAL football fans Empty Re: Help needed from REAL football fans

Post by Cornholio Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:23 am

Bristlol
    SARGENT CIDERED

Help needed from REAL football fans Empty Re: Help needed from REAL football fans

Post by SARGENT CIDERED Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:31 am

Ooooooooo.k, thanks for that Help needed from REAL football fans 706492
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:48 am

Oh I remember you.

Now fuck off because the World Cup Bid is stupid. The likes of Bristol and MK Dons got chose over Hull.

Bristol - A city in the southwest that wont fill a 25000 seater stadium. Not sure of there plans but they would need at least that and then add 15000 temp seating in.

MK Dons - another small club that cant sell out the stadium they are in now.

Why the fuck do teams like this get chosen for it when theres teams like Hull who 20k av attendances in the Championship. In the Premiership we had 25000 sell outs every week. We also had 5000 people on the waiting lists. We have the stadium already which we have permissions already to expand to 35000.

But no... WC organiser people listen too much to what they see on TV.

Cunts. NO SUPPORT.
    SARGENT CIDERED

Post by SARGENT CIDERED Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:55 am

Help needed from REAL football fans 464118

Anyone with a mental age of over 12 wish to comment?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:57 am

My mental age is 19 and I still stand by my comment. Why would you even want it? You have to have a stadium you can't fill... which is pointless. Basically you are going to be the Darlington of the Championship.

At least Donny built a new stadium and its still too big for them but they didnt go building a massive one for the sake of it.

Going down going down going down. Small club, small minds and a shit stadium.
    jeb4eva
    jeb4eva

Supports : Manchester United

Post by jeb4eva Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:57 am

I'll join and sign Wayne. Help needed from REAL football fans 284837
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:58 am

jeb4eva wrote:I'll join and sign Wayne. Help needed from REAL football fans 284837

Bell end!!
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:59 am

James wrote:My mental age is 19 and I still stand by my comment. Why would you even want it? You have to have a stadium you can't fill... which is pointless. Basically you are going to be the Darlington of the Championship.

At least Donny built a new stadium and its still too big for them but they didnt go building a massive one for the sake of it.

Going down going down going down. Small club, small minds and a shit stadium.

Laughing
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:00 am

Didn't the former FA chairman screw your bid right in the bum anyway?
    jeb4eva
    jeb4eva

Supports : Manchester United

Post by jeb4eva Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:02 am

James wrote:Bell end!!

Bristol City > Hull City

There I said it. Neutral
    SARGENT CIDERED

Post by SARGENT CIDERED Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:19 am

James wrote:
    jeb4eva wrote:I'll join and sign Wayne. Help needed from REAL football fans 284837

Bell end!!

And you say you have a mental age of 19? You really ought to mind your language and what you go round calling people from behind your keyboard, i doubt if you'd be so mouthy face to face. If your not interested then keep out of it.

Thank you Jeb
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:24 am

SARGENT CIDERED wrote:
    James wrote:

Bell end!!

And you say you have a mental age of 19? You really ought to mind your language and what you go round calling people from behind your keyboard, i doubt if you'd be so mouthy face to face. If your not interested then keep out of it.

Thank you Jeb

Says the potential troll.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:51 am

SARGENT CIDERED wrote:
    James wrote:

Bell end!!

Thank you Jeb

Go away mate. I'm pretty sure Jeb knows I was messing when I called him that.

Bristol might be a better city than Hull. But not in football terms it isn't.
    SARGENT CIDERED

Post by SARGENT CIDERED Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:58 am

What does it matter which is the better city? This has nothing to do with Hull. Your the one with the issue over it. As i said before on another forum to you, the World Cup bid is down to the FA and nothing to do with us. I put forward my understanding of why they choose other cities over hull which when you think about it is logical.

As a supporter of a proper football club (who have seen the benefits of moving to a new stadium) i thought you would understand. It would seem not, which is a pity. I'm sure you have much more important things to comment on so thank you for your "input" so far.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:03 am

St Mary's > Ashton Gate Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:04 am

SARGENT CIDERED wrote:What does it matter which is the better city? This has nothing to do with Hull. Your the one with the issue over it. As i said before on another forum to you, the World Cup bid is down to the FA and nothing to do with us. I put forward my understanding of why they choose other cities over hull which when you think about it is logical.

As a supporter of a proper football club (who have seen the benefits of moving to a new stadium) i thought you would understand. It would seem not, which is a pity. I'm sure you have much more important things to comment on so thank you for your "input" so far.

Never saw your reply on the other thread seeing as I couldn't find it on the shitty forums.

Yes we have seen the benefits of moving stadium, but we needed to move and we had an average attendance of 18000 in League 2 when we did move. Something which you can't even achieve in the Championship. The fact you are getting a stadium that you don't need is ridiculous. Obviously i'm not going to support it when my City was given the FO to accomodate smaller clubs such as Bristol and MK Dons.
    Kris
    Kris

Post by Kris Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:11 am

Potential troll is a fucking rank, and this guy doesn't appear to be a troll. Honestly, my Poulsen to Spurs thread was more trolling than this guy is doing.

That being said, during these times, seeing from the point of view of the crisis, it's good to have people at work.
    I also support the idea of having green areas.

But how many people are there room for at your stadium, and how many actually comes to see the matches?
    I'm generally for this, but I'd like to know a bit more, as the uninformed non-brit that I am.
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:18 am

Where does the term bell end come from?
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:30 am

James wrote:
    SARGENT CIDERED wrote:What does it matter which is the better city? This has nothing to do with Hull. Your the one with the issue over it. As i said before on another forum to you, the World Cup bid is down to the FA and nothing to do with us. I put forward my understanding of why they choose other cities over hull which when you think about it is logical.

Never saw your reply on the other thread seeing as I couldn't find it on the shitty forums.

Yes we have seen the benefits of moving stadium, but we needed to move and we had an average attendance of 18000 in League 2 when we did move. Something which you can't even achieve in the Championship. The fact you are getting a stadium that you don't need is ridiculous. Obviously i'm not going to support it when my City was given the FO to accomodate smaller clubs such as Bristol and MK Dons.

The host cities are chose because of the cities themselves not because of the clubs that play in them stadiums.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:34 am

They should have chosen Southampton, the facilities are already in place, we have the financial backing, and we have a a stadium expansion coming for the Rugby World cup.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:37 am

Bristol is a bit rough though isn't it?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:37 am

Bergkamp wrote:
    James wrote:

The host cities are chose because of the cities themselves not because of the clubs that play in them stadiums.

We was already told we had good hotel facilities, good public transport and the stadium is easily accessible. They are the main 3 things they look for.

What I wanna know is, will this stadium be used for Bristol Rovers as well? Because if so thats even more laughable.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:39 am

atastycrumpet wrote:Bristol is a bit rough though isn't it?

Bristol rough? Neutral Do you live in Eton?
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:40 am

Haha, I used to live near there. I used to live in Slough. eek

From what I've heard it is though.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:43 am

atastycrumpet wrote:Haha, I used to live near there. I used to live in Slough. eek

From what I've heard it is though.

My dad lived in Slough, officially 80% of the population of Slough are legal immigrants plus there's loads of illegal immigrants so basically no one there speaks English.

Bristol though is not rough, there's a few crimes there like there is everywhere but it's not bad.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:45 am

Yeah thats true, I moved out just when it started to turn into a proper dump. My family all used to live there and now they live all over the country, still mainly South - London way though. Slough is full of Polish and that now yeah. Loads of Polish shops too.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:48 am

atastycrumpet wrote:Yeah thats true, I moved out just when it started to turn into a proper dump. My family all used to live there and now they live all over the country, still mainly South - London way though. Slough is full of Polish and that now yeah. Loads of Polish shops too.

Genuine story. I went out once to buy polish and coincidentally on the road near my house I saw a shop called 'Polish shop'.

It was just a Polish shop Neutral
    --------------------------------------------------------

I helped my uncle jack off a horse

I helped my uncle Jack off a horse

The importance of capital letters
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:54 am

Hahaha. Right, I'm off now. Au Revoir Bergy. Help needed from REAL football fans 443518
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:00 am

Fuckin Polskie Schleps.

But really they're not that bad most are less crazy than Polskagola.......although they're all vodka crazy Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:59 pm