Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
TheRangersFan
The Bat-Man
LiamB_14
Drake
Grenade
El_indian
Danny
moscowmadeit3
chiboygeorge
Scouser_Dave
Jordi
SBSP
Trig
Jamie
Jord
LFC_Grunners
Kuled
LeBron
fluffy_kittens
ResurrectionRooney
Mario
wellz
CollieBuddz
Carlos Jenkinson
arsenalap11
Theo Filippo
30 posters

Michael Carrick or Charlie Adam

Poll

Michael Carrick or Charlie Adam

[ 39 ]
    Michael Carrick or Charlie Adam  - Page 3 Bar_left65%Michael Carrick or Charlie Adam  - Page 3 Bar_right [65%] 
    [ 21 ]
    Michael Carrick or Charlie Adam  - Page 3 Bar_left35%Michael Carrick or Charlie Adam  - Page 3 Bar_right [35%] 

Total Votes: 60
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Michael Carrick or Charlie Adam  - Page 3 Empty Re: Michael Carrick or Charlie Adam

Post by El_indian Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:42 pm

Danny wrote:
    El_indian wrote:so you don't feel the need to improve that midfield?
    We do yeah, look at our thread, RR can't stop going on about Carrick, Sneidjer and Nasri, but saying shit like Carrick can't pass... Neutral

Bet you anything Carrick's pass percentage is better than Adam's. It wouldn't be hard to beat.

I'll leave you to find the stats as I don't give a shit either way..
    Danny
    Danny

Michael Carrick or Charlie Adam  - Page 3 Empty Re: Michael Carrick or Charlie Adam

Post by Danny Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:45 pm

El_indian wrote:
    Danny wrote:
    We do yeah, look at our thread, RR can't stop going on about Carrick, Sneidjer and Nasri, but saying shit like Carrick can't pass... Neutral

Bet you anything Carrick's pass percentage is better than Adam's. It wouldn't be hard to beat.

Neither do I. I just think saying stuff like Carrick can't pass the ball is just stupid. Laughing Don't think I expected anything else though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:48 pm

i think its obvious who i voted for
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:48 pm

Well Adam has 9 assist last season. Carrick couldn't even make the top 20 Laughing

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Statistics
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:49 pm

Danny wrote:
    El_indian wrote:
    Danny wrote:

Neither do I. I just think saying stuff like Carrick can't pass the ball is just stupid. Laughing Don't think I expected anything else though.

do you take a phrase such as 'Carrick can't pass a ball' literally?
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:53 pm

Carrick is the better player. He is a much better play. Adam is a fat slob who just had a few good games for a super confident Blackpool team.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:54 pm

Yes, but my improvements allow a position for Carrick. He was extremely efficient 2006-09 for us.
    Scouser_Dave wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:Carrick winning the poll Laughing He has to be the worst midfielder I've seen playing football. How he's still at United is a fucking mystery.

It's a mystery to you because you're pretty thick and don't really understand football. Nearly all midfielders in the Premier League are worse than Carrick, and he would walk into your team. Ferguson keeps picking him, I think he knows a bit more about football than you do.

Would he fuck Laughing

Ferguson keeps picking him because your midfield is a fucking shambles. Probably think's he will spring into this world class midfielder under his guidance. You would have thought the penny would have dropped for the old fart by now.

That explains why we've been so unsuccessful over the past 5 years, we've been carrying a passenger in Carrick. God, I hope the penny drops soon.

Every great team has some flaw and your's is the midfielder.
    Midfield is the weakest area of our team, for sure, but to say Carrick is the worst midfielder that you've ever seen, or to imagine you could get away with playing such a shit player and still win nearly everything over a 5 year period is preposterous.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:02 pm

So if Carrick is the worst midfielder you've ever seen...that means that you think Poulsen is better? facepalm
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:06 pm

Kuled wrote:So if Carrick is the worst midfielder you've ever seen...that means that you think Poulsen is better? facepalm

his statement is not intended in that way, you're misinterpreting it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:14 pm

i bet there are some butt hurt liverpool fans in here (havent read the thread)
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:18 pm

El_indian wrote:
    Kuled wrote:So if Carrick is the worst midfielder you've ever seen...that means that you think Poulsen is better? facepalm

his statement is not intended in that way, you're misinterpreting it.

How can you misinterpret this

He has to be the worst midfielder I've seen playing football.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:25 pm

I see it as exaggeration, like when you say stuff like (for example), 'he's the worst player ever'.

I don't think he literally meant that.

Do you?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:34 pm

I think it's a retarded comment all the same. It's either unbelievably stupid or you have to invent your own meaning for it by interpreting what he said.
    Drake
    Drake

Post by Drake Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:45 pm

Hurr Durr Derp Derp
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Supports : Emm-You-Eff-See

Post by moscowmadeit3 Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:06 pm

Carrick has a much higher pass completion rate Neutral
    Drake
    Drake

Post by Drake Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:10 pm

Charlie Adam.
    LiamB_14
    LiamB_14

Formerly known as : Mong.

Post by LiamB_14 Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:51 pm

Quite clearly the answer is Michael Carrick for ovious reasons Neutral

It is like Paul Scholes was saying the other day. Certain individuals are greedy. They go for the hollywood passes all the time to make themseleves look good in front of the nation. This certainly applies to players such as Adam and Gerrard. the media raves over a 1/10 successful hollywood pass that they make, and then they get publicised as the next best thing, when, in reality they are just another run of the mill midfielder who can't dictate a game.

Carrick on the other hand is a superb team player. Never in the limelight and just does his job that he is set to do. A player with excellent workrate and understanding of football.

It is a shame that England idiotically chose hollywood players such as Gerrard and Lampard over natural born winners and team players such as Scholes and Carrick.

The reason England are so poor is because Gerrard and Lampard have never dictated a midfield Rolling Eyes
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:53 pm

not worthy
    Trig
    Trig

Formerly known as : And0TheGr8

Post by Trig Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:53 pm

LiamB_14 wrote:Quite clearly the answer is Michael Carrick for ovious reasons Neutral

It is like Paul Scholes was saying the other day. Certain individuals are greedy. They go for the hollywood passes all the time to make themseleves look good in front of the nation. This certainly applies to players such as Adam and Gerrard. the media raves over a 1/10 successful hollywood pass that they make, and then they get publicised as the next best thing, when, in reality they are just another run of the mill midfielder who can't dictate a game.

Carrick on the other hand is a superb team player. Never in the limelight and just does his job that he is set to do. A player with excellent workrate and understanding of football.

It is a shame that England idiotically chose hollywood players such as Gerrard and Lampard over natural born winners and team players such as Scholes and Carrick.

The reason England are so poor is because Gerrard and Lampard have never dictated a midfield Rolling Eyes

Liam? OMG

If it's the real legend, keep him around mods.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:54 pm

When Scholes used to play on the wing for England. facepalm

Anyway, carry on.. Neutral
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Supports : The Voyeur

Post by The Bat-Man Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:29 am

Both overrated.

Carrick is just an upgraded Denilson, Adam only shown because he's a piece of coal on a big steamy pile of shit.

But Adam has the best set pieces in the league.

Still don't know why Liverpool are selling Raul and getting Charlie to replace him, stupid move in my honest opinion.
    TheRangersFan
    TheRangersFan

Post by TheRangersFan Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:53 am

Charlie Adam is worse version of Chris Brunt, but with alot more hype. I can see him being found out next season.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:54 am

TheRangersFan wrote:Charlie Adam is worse version of Chris Brunt, but with alot more hype. I can see him being found out next season.

Not a bad comparison. (Although he gets hyped like fuck here)
    Harrold
    Harrold

Supports : The Gas.

Post by Harrold Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:04 am

Blackpool Rule wrote:i think its obvious who i voted for
    Carrick?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:05 am

Mutant123 wrote:
    Carrick?

spot on Michael Carrick or Charlie Adam  - Page 3 284837
    Harrold
    Harrold

Supports : The Gas.

Post by Harrold Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:17 am

Blackpool Rule wrote:
    Mutant123 wrote:
    Carrick?

spot on Michael Carrick or Charlie Adam  - Page 3 284837

Michael Carrick or Charlie Adam  - Page 3 601554
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Supports : The Voyeur

Post by The Bat-Man Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:34 am

TheRangersFan wrote:Charlie Adam is worse version of Chris Brunt, but with alot more hype. I can see him being found out next season.

Chris Brunt is so underrated, he's one of the best set piece takers in the league and he's WBA's player of the season in my opinion.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:15 am

chiboygeorge wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:Carrick winning the poll Laughing He has to be the worst midfielder I've seen playing football. How he's still at United is a fucking mystery.
    You are exaggerating it. Carrick is a decent player, I don't see what Adam has done to be better than Carrick.

Plays for Liverpool that's why Rolling Eyes
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:36 am

LiamB_14 wrote:Quite clearly the answer is Michael Carrick for ovious reasons Neutral

Off topic. Obsessed Rolling Eyes
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:16 pm

Dave clap

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:28 am