Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Sheppy
Scouser_Dave
North_Sea_Tiger
Mustangt125
Cornholio
Jord
Bushido
Pippo
Lux
Jamie
14 posters

Liverpool Sold

menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Liverpool Sold - Page 3 Empty Re: Liverpool Sold

Post by menalawyerguy Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:23 am

Dan wrote:
    Nightmare wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:To be fair, no matter where the money came from, Rafa did spend a lot of money.

Nothing to do with it. He said the owners gave us plenty of money, the figures show they didn't.

Come on Dan, he spent a lot of money, you weren't complaining when you bought Torres and Mascherano and who ever else he spent money on, truth is Rafa spent a shitload of money on the wrong players.

Jesus christ. I'm not denying it. I've even posted he spent £152m.

We also recouped £142m selling players and loads from the Champions League runs. They gave us nothing.

That's wrong. They did put some of their own money into the club. And as a result, this deal is going to ruin them. Especially Gillett. That guy is finished financially. Hicks still has a chance but he's probably going down the shitter as well. Not that I feel bad for them. They're cunts, especially Hicks. That guy isn't well regarded in pretty much any circle anywhere. But they did put money into the club, they borrowed a lot as well, and it didn't work out for them. Now they're fucked.

As for the flag burning, wtf? That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen. I know they wanted some symbolism, but they didn't hit the right symbolic cord there. The rest of the world sees burning our flag as a direct affront to our entire country. That's stupid. Our countries have fucking spilt blood with each other for crying out loud. Why not just burn Hicks in effigy?
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:26 am

Because the Spirit of Shankley are a bunch of twats, basically mate.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:27 am

Fair enough
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:27 am

Nightmare wrote:If Robbie Keane was given the chance then I think he could have been the difference.... Lucas isn;t good enough for Liverpool Dan, surely you haven't decided he is Laughing

Keane was given plenty of chances, he missed aboslute sitters trying to be too clever. Not to mention Rafa wanted both Keane and Barry in the side, without Barry, Keane wasn't effective in his role in the team.

And Lucas is perfectly fine, he gets undeserved criticism, mainly from those in the media who don't have a clue. Tell me, if he's not good enough, why is he playing regularly for Brazil now? He's not good enough for Liverpool, but good enough for Brazil. But, to be honest, what do Brazil know about football?
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:29 am

Dan wrote:
    Nightmare wrote:If Robbie Keane was given the chance then I think he could have been the difference.... Lucas isn;t good enough for Liverpool Dan, surely you haven't decided he is Laughing

Keane was given plenty of chances, he missed aboslute sitters trying to be too clever. Not to mention Rafa wanted both Keane and Barry in the side, without Barry, Keane wasn't effective in his role in the team.

And Lucas is perfectly fine, he gets undeserved criticism, mainly from those in the media who don't have a clue. Tell me, if he's not good enough, why is he playing regularly for Brazil now? He's not good enough for Liverpool, but good enough for Brazil. But, to be honest, what do Brazil know about football?

Apparently absolutely fuck all because Lucas is fucking shit Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:30 am

menalawyerguy wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    Nightmare wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:To be fair, no matter where the money came from, Rafa did spend a lot of money.

Nothing to do with it. He said the owners gave us plenty of money, the figures show they didn't.

Come on Dan, he spent a lot of money, you weren't complaining when you bought Torres and Mascherano and who ever else he spent money on, truth is Rafa spent a shitload of money on the wrong players.

Jesus christ. I'm not denying it. I've even posted he spent £152m.

We also recouped £142m selling players and loads from the Champions League runs. They gave us nothing.

That's wrong. They did put some of their own money into the club. And as a result, this deal is going to ruin them. Especially Gillett. That guy is finished financially. Hicks still has a chance but he's probably going down the shitter as well. Not that I feel bad for them. They're cunts, especially Hicks. That guy isn't well regarded in pretty much any circle anywhere. But they did put money into the club, they borrowed a lot as well, and it didn't work out for them. Now they're fucked.

As for the flag burning, wtf? That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen. I know they wanted some symbolism, but they didn't hit the right symbolic cord there. The rest of the world sees burning our flag as a direct affront to our entire country. That's stupid. Our countries have fucking spilt blood with each other for crying out loud. Why not just burn Hicks in effigy?

They did probably put money in the club, but it was most probably not their own. They've taken more than they put in, although what they have taken is going on the loan that they said they wouldn't put on the club. Tbh, I don't care if they are ruined now. No less than they deserve.

As for the flag burning, I don't agree with it, but it was a powerful image and overnight made our fight against the owners worlwide news. If it helped get rid of the Americans then I am happy it happened.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:31 am

Nightmare wrote:
    Dan wrote:

Turn that Sky Sports off and come back to reality mate.
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:32 am

Dan wrote:
    Nightmare wrote:
    Dan wrote:

I'm watching Tropic Thunder Wink and seriously I don't rate Lucas at all and also isn't the Brazil manager shit?
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:33 am

I don't care if they're bankrupt either. They did it to themselves. I just hope they don't force Liverpool into administration. I'm not even a Liverpool supporter but the Premiership would just seem really fucking wierd without Liverpool.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:35 am

Nightmare wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    Nightmare wrote:
    Dan wrote:

I'm watching Tropic Thunder Wink and seriously I don't rate Lucas at all and also isn't the Brazil manager shit?

No Dunga was sacked.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:38 am

What do you expect? Liverpool is in financial troubles and you are complaining about the owners not spending more millions on transfers? If anything, I applaud the owners for not giving more money to Rafa, especially when he is so bad at spending the money.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:43 am

ahlycotc wrote:What do you expect? Liverpool is in financial troubles and you are complaining about the owners not spending more millions on transfers? If anything, I applaud the owners for not giving more money to Rafa, especially when he is so bad at spending the money.

Firstly, they never gave him transfer money in the first place. And the fact we are in financial trouble because they placed a crippling loan on the club when they said that wouldn't happen.

And if you look up the figures, you'll find that Rafa was excellent when he bought 'expensive' players - Mascherano, Torres, Kuyt etc.

Even 'mid-price' range he was fairly good - Reina, Agger, Skrtel etc.

It was when he had to buy the cheap players to fill the squad that he struggled, with players like Voronin, Degen and that.

Our league positions show that he wasn't 'bad at spending money'. We improved every season under Rafa, besides the last one. We wouldn't have been the number 1 side in Europe for a number of seasons if he couldn't buy players.

Like someone said after he left 'Rafa's biggest failure at Liverpool was not overachieving in his final season'.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:46 am

Dan wrote:

They knew enough not to leave him off their World Cup squad.

Last edited by menalawyerguy on Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:46 am

menalawyerguy wrote:
    Dan wrote:

They knew enough not to use him South Africa.

And look how well they did.
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:47 am

They did better than most.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:48 am

Nightmare wrote:They did better than most.

Not as well as they expected to though.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:48 am

Their old man-thug combo cost them.
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:49 am

Dan wrote:
    Nightmare wrote:They did better than most.

Not as well as they expected to though.

Rafa Dunga was in charge though.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:49 am

Dan wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:
    Dan wrote:

You think Lucas was the difference?

They didn't do badly either. They were looking like one of the best teams, but they got clipped by the team that almost won the whole damn thing.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:50 am

menalawyerguy wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:
    Dan wrote:

They didn't do badly either. They were looking like one of the best teams, but they got clipped by the team that almost won the whole damn thing.

Didn't say he was, but the players they chose obviously weren't the right squad of players.
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:50 am

Dan wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:
    Dan wrote:

Didn't say he was, but the players they chose obviously weren't the right squad of players.

Well basically you are saying that Laughing Lucas didn't go so Brazil did bad? Lucas is shit mate.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:52 am

It was a fine line for Brazil. They could have won that Dutch game just as easily as they lost it. In fact, they were clearly the better in the first half. And if they win that game, who knows how much further they go. They weren't far off.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:53 am

Melo cost them, incidently where Lucas plays. Go figure.
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:53 am

Jamie wrote:Melo cost them, incidently where Lucas plays. Go figure.

hahaha I hope you aren;t saying what Dan is....
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:55 am

Nightmare wrote:

So, how much of Lucas have you watched over the last few years then?

He is much better than Poulsen, and we'd be playing much better if he was playing ahead of Poulsen.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:56 am

Wrong thread. Neutral
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:57 am

Dan wrote:
    Nightmare wrote:

He is much better than Poulsen, and we'd be playing much better if he was playing ahead of Poulsen.

I have watched you lot whenever you have been on Tele, MOTD every weekend which is actually quite a lot of times.

I am better than Poulsen so he doesn't have to be very good to be better than him, Poulsen isn;t good enough for Liverpool and neither is Lucas, FACT.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:57 am

Dan wrote:
    Nightmare wrote:

Well yea. But you'd be playing much much better if you still had a Masch to play
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:58 am

Nightmare wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    Nightmare wrote:

I have watched you lot whenever you have been on Tele, MOTD every weekend which is actually quite a lot of times.

I am better than Poulsen so he doesn't have to be very good to be better than him, Poulsen isn;t good enough for Liverpool and neither is Lucas, FACT.

There's your problem there. Listening to Lawrenson and co. damages your brain. I'd suggest a course of muting the TV when they start talking. Should have you right as rain in a few weeks.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:58 am

Or a Xabi for that matter.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:19 pm