Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Sheppy
Scouser_Dave
North_Sea_Tiger
Mustangt125
Cornholio
Jord
Bushido
Pippo
Lux
Jamie
14 posters

Liverpool Sold

Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Liverpool Sold - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool Sold

Post by Mustangt125 Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:21 am

Broughton pretty much says it is going through and they expect it done in a week.

I know what you are saying though. I gotta stick with Broughton when he states that they had certain things written into contracts to make sure G and H didnt try shit like this.
    Sheppy
    Sheppy

Post by Sheppy Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:14 am

Broughton seems like he's all over this. Hicks and Gillett havent said anything yet while Broughton is just stating facts left right and centre.
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:16 am

Don't mind Broughton really.
    Sheppy
    Sheppy

Post by Sheppy Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:39 am

Jord wrote:Don't mind Broughton really.

People questioned him when he was brought in (no pun intended) because he was a chelsea fan, but he deserves some credit, it looks like he may have got the job done.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:28 pm

Scouser_Dave wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:
    Anderson=Class wrote:
    Jord wrote:Burning an American flag is nothing compared to two single men owing HUGE amounts of money. The flag burning wasn't aimed at the USA just the cowboys in the big chair.
    Then why Burn the flag? If what you say is the case then why didn't you just burn gillet?

Yeah because burning a human is much better than burning a flag. Rolling Eyes

Ignore the mancs mate. Their just gutted that were getting out of the shit and there not.
    Hardly, considering your actually shit.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:57 pm

Anderson=Class wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:
    Anderson=Class wrote:
    Jord wrote:Burning an American flag is nothing compared to two single men owing HUGE amounts of money. The flag burning wasn't aimed at the USA just the cowboys in the big chair.
    Then why Burn the flag? If what you say is the case then why didn't you just burn gillet?

Ignore the mancs mate. Their just gutted that were getting out of the shit and there not.

You's lot will be in our place in a few years, with your debt getting closer to the Billion mark.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:58 pm

Scouser_Dave wrote:
    Anderson=Class wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:
    Anderson=Class wrote:

You's lot will be in our place in a few years, with your debt getting closer to the Billion mark.

Just making assumptions, we've had big offers come in, we could be sold in a few years for all you know. Neutral
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:01 pm

Knowing man utd.

some rich arab will come in and start investing like crazy.

Wait. :S
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:01 pm

kyro7 wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:
    Anderson=Class wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:
    Anderson=Class wrote:

Just making assumptions, we've had big offers come in, we could be sold in a few years for all you know. Neutral

For the amount the glazers want and with your growing debt, I doubt it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:02 pm

But even with this debt, we're spending more money than you probably will with new owners, the fact is, we're huge.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:04 pm

kyro7 wrote:But even with this debt, we're spending more money than you probably will with new owners, the fact is, we're huge.

Spending money you haven't got is not something to brag about mate.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:06 pm

Okay. Neutral

I just think you make too many assumptions on our future, currently, of course I can't wait until we get new owners and kill the debt off, but you saying stuff about a few years is just such an easy thing to say because you know no one will prove you wrong, but you saying it means fuck all because you don't know anything about what will happen tbh, nor do I.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:32 am

You think you have it bad......we only have £10m debt and no one will buy us Sad
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:00 am

Luxz0rz wrote:You think you have it bad......we only have £10m debt and no one will buy us Sad

About how many supporters do Watford have? Maybe you run a few fundraisers to help decrease that debt.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:03 pm

Luxz0rz wrote:Well if they do well it'll go from "yanks out" to "yank you very much" Neutral
    ...and Torres will be number 1 yanker!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:09 pm

Scouser_Dave wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:But even with this debt, we're spending more money than you probably will with new owners, the fact is, we're huge.

Once the debt is paid(or we get new owners) everyone else is fucked. Were a money making machine.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:18 pm

Anderson=Class wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:

Once the debt is paid(or we get new owners) everyone else is fucked. Were a money making machine.

You really thnk that someone will come in and buy the club without having to put more debt on the club? To buy you, it would probably cost £1 billion as a minimum. The Glazers would want something substantial, and the debt would have to be paid off. The only reason you are a 'money making machine' is because of your success. If you continue with the Glazers, that will soon stop, and you could see a drop like we've had.
    LeBron

Formerly known as : Spider
    Supports : Man Red.

Post by LeBron Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:30 pm

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/157501/Liverpool-face-points-deduction/
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:31 pm

Anderson=Class wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:

When's that then? Coz the Glazers don't look like selling up anytime soon.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:34 pm

Dan wrote:
    Anderson=Class wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:

You really thnk that someone will come in and buy the club without having to put more debt on the club? To buy you, it would probably cost £1 billion as a minimum. The Glazers would want something substantial, and the debt would have to be paid off. The only reason you are a 'money making machine' is because of your success. If you continue with the Glazers, that will soon stop, and you could see a drop like we've had.

A "drop like you've had" is almost nothing to do with the owners. They were there to give Rafa money, and they did...

The way your lot bang on about the owners being the reason you've not performed on the pitch for over a year is almost ridiculous.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:42 am

Danny B wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    Anderson=Class wrote:
    Scouser_Dave wrote:

A "drop like you've had" is almost nothing to do with the owners. They were there to give Rafa money, and they did...

The way your lot bang on about the owners being the reason you've not performed on the pitch for over a year is almost ridiculous.

Money spent on players since the Yanks arrived: £152m
    Money recouped on sales since the Yanks arrived: £142m

Money gained from notable CL runs since the Yanks arrived: About £20m (on prize money alone, not including winning bonuses etc.)
    TV revenue since the Yanks arrived: Around £22m a year x 4 years = £88m in total.
    New sponsorship deal: £20m this season
    Sponsorship with Carlsberg: £9m a season x 3 years = £27m in total

Not to mention money from merchandise (as well as the increased merchandise sales abroad).

Yep, they've given us plenty of money.. Rolling Eyes
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:57 am

To be fair, no matter where the money came from, Rafa did spend a lot of money.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:01 am

kyro7 wrote:To be fair, no matter where the money came from, Rafa did spend a lot of money.

Nothing to do with it. He said the owners gave us plenty of money, the figures show they didn't.
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:02 am

Dan wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:To be fair, no matter where the money came from, Rafa did spend a lot of money.

Nothing to do with it. He said the owners gave us plenty of money, the figures show they didn't.

Come on Dan, he spent a lot of money, you weren't complaining when you bought Torres and Mascherano and who ever else he spent money on, truth is Rafa spent a shitload of money on the wrong players.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:05 am

Nightmare wrote:
    Dan wrote:

Come on Dan, he spent a lot of money, you weren't complaining when you bought Torres and Mascherano and who ever else he spent money on, truth is Rafa spent a shitload of money on the wrong players.

Jesus christ. I'm not denying it. I've even posted he spent £152m.

We also recouped £142m selling players and loads from the Champions League runs. They gave us nothing.
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:07 am

Dan wrote:
    Nightmare wrote:
    Dan wrote:

We also recouped £142m selling players and loads from the Champions League runs. They gave us nothing.

I didn;t see you said all this so "chilll whinstonnnn" anyway, if Rafa would have bought better I don't think you would be in as bad a situation as you are.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:11 am

Nightmare wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    Nightmare wrote:
    Dan wrote:

I didn;t see you said all this so "chilll whinstonnnn" anyway, if Rafa would have bought better I don't think you would be in as bad a situation as you are.

I don't blame Rafa for us being in the relegation zone at all.

The reason we've dropped is because of the owners, yes Rafa has bought some bad players, as every manager has, but he's had his budget dropped, removed while completing deals, was told to sell to buy players and was then told that the money he recouped wasn't going on players.

We sold Alonso for £30m, what happened to that money? We spent £10m on Aquilani - where'd the other £20m go?

We sold Masch for £18m, we bought Meireles for £11m, where's that other £7m?

Had the Americans not taken charge of the club, we'd be in a much better situation than we are now. Rafa didn't put the crippling debt on the club, Rafa didn't promise to build the stadium, spend £60m on plans to build it, then withdraw from it, Rafa didn't take £1m from the club to travel over from America everytime he watched a game, Rafa didn't take £110,000 a DAY for interest on the loan he promised not to put on the club.
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:14 am

I just think if Rafa would have bought another quality striker to partner or come on for Torres, Ngog is not the answer and neither was vorninin (or whatever his name his) That extra bit of fire power could have won you the league that season.... Rafa made some horrendous signings.

Don't think I am not blaming the Yanks because quite frankly I don't know enough about it to properly comment which is why I am barely responding here, but I honestly feel Rafa should and definitely could have bought a few more quality players instead of injured Aquilani and Lucas.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:19 am

Nightmare wrote:I just think if Rafa would have bought another quality striker to partner or come on for Torres, Ngog is not the answer and neither was vorninin (or whatever his name his) That extra bit of fire power could have won you the league that season.... Rafa made some horrendous signings.

Don't think I am not blaming the Yanks because quite frankly I don't know enough about it to properly comment which is why I am barely responding here, but I honestly feel Rafa should and definitely could have bought a few more quality players instead of injured Aquilani and Lucas.

We lost the title because Manchester United had a phenomenal season. And another point I'd like to add, we had Keane, didn't work so we sold him - around £12m up front. Where did that go?

And yes, he bought some duds (I don't agree with Lucas being one, but can see the argument for Aquilani (so far). But he also bought world class players here, we improved every season under Rafa, besides the last one. And during the last season, we were losing £110,000 a day to pay for the loan. We had no budget and anyone we bought was bought with money we gained from selling players. That's no way to push for the title, especially when your rivals were strengthening.
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:21 am

If Robbie Keane was given the chance then I think he could have been the difference.... Lucas isn;t good enough for Liverpool Dan, surely you haven't decided he is Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:45 pm