Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Jamie
The Zlatan
luke.
dena
SophisticatedBeggar
Danny
Childish Logic
MickStupp
Carlos Jenkinson
moscowmadeit3
Johnny
chiboygeorge
fluffy_kittens
The Bat-Man
CoVkId01
crump
Kuled
SBSP
Demba Ba
23 posters

Playmakers top 20 Footballers of All Time Results

Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Formerly known as : cheesy

Playmakers top 20 Footballers of All Time Results Empty Playmakers top 20 Footballers of All Time Results

Post by Demba Ba Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:19 am

Voting is closed and the results have been calculated. The list is now being posted.

If any players inside the top 20 are joined on points, then I will make the final decision.

1. Diego Maradona
    2. Zinedine Zidane
    3. Pele
    4. Lionel Messi
    5. Ronaldo
    6. Johann Cruyff
    7. Ronaldinho
    8. Thierry Henry
    9. Franz Beckenbauer
    10. Cristiano Ronaldo
    11. Alfredo Di Stefano
    12. Kenny Dalglish
    13. Steven Gerrard
    14. Ferenc Puskas
    15. Garrincha
    16. Paul Scholes
    17. David Beckham
    18. Michel Platini
    19. Eusebio
    20. George Best

Last edited by cheesy on Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:34 am; edited 8 times in total
    SBSP
    SBSP

Playmakers top 20 Footballers of All Time Results Empty Re: Playmakers top 20 Footballers of All Time Results

Post by SBSP Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:20 am

Top 20 and gradual. Simples
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Playmakers top 20 Footballers of All Time Results Empty Re: Playmakers top 20 Footballers of All Time Results

Post by Demba Ba Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:28 am

SBSP wrote:Top 20 and gradual. Playmakers top 20 Footballers of All Time Results 225495
    That might be the best thing to do. People can still influence the list by posting their top 10 if they haven't already as the list would look a little bit strange at the moment.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:06 am

Last chance to post your final lists in the main thread.

Not sure when I am going to do the results but it will be soon.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:29 am

The chance to vote is now over.

The final results of the top 20 will be posted over the next few days and will be in reverse order.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:45 am

20th-George Best-23 points

George Best is fondly remembered by many Manchester United fans for his time with the club and is remembered as one of their greatest ever players. Some consider him as the greatest ever British player ever and he is without question the greatest ever player from Northern Ireland. If it hadn't been for his controversial lifestyle then he may have done even more in his brilliant career.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:48 am

Legend not worthy
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:49 am

Kuled wrote:Legend Playmakers top 20 Footballers of All Time Results 914411
    I would have rated him higher but at least he just made the list.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:57 am

I added my post just now, is it too late? Also, edit you're thread to make it clearer instead of adding posts.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:07 am

crump wrote:I added my post just now, is it too late? Also, edit you're thread to make it clearer instead of adding posts.
    Sorry for adding too many posts.

Saw your list now. Sorry it's too late. I might have added it if it only affected the points but that would have an effect the overall top 20 placings.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:34 am

Ok , mate no worries. Also, it's fine just would be easier for people to keep track Very Happy
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:35 am

crump wrote:Ok , mate no worries. Also, it's fine just would be easier for people to keep track Very Happy
    I've edited the OP now so that it makes a bit more sense.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:05 am

19th-Eusebio-23 points

Eusebio is regarded by many as the greatest Portuguese player of all time. He was the main player in the Portuguese team which reached the World Cup semi-finals in 1966 and he is probably the greatest ever Benfica player as he helped them win the European Cup, as well as scoring over 400 goals for them during his time there.
    CoVkId01
    CoVkId01

Post by CoVkId01 Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:10 am

cheesy wrote:he is without question the greatest ever player from Northern Ireland.

You've obviously never seen Sammy Clingan play.

shifty
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:13 am

CoVkId01 wrote:
    cheesy wrote:he is without question the greatest ever player from Northern Ireland.

You've obviously never seen Sammy Clingan play.

Playmakers top 20 Footballers of All Time Results 279869
    Laughing
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:14 am

He was in my FUT10 team I think. shifty
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:19 am

18th-Michel Platini-24 points

Platini is regarded as many as one of the greatest ever French players. He was a pivotal part of the French team that won the Euros in 1984. He also played for Juventus in the 1980s and helped them beat then champions Liverpool in the 1985 European Cup Final. Since his playing days he has been French national team manager and President of UEFA.
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Supports : The Voyeur

Post by The Bat-Man Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:27 am

Would you post them any quicker?
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:29 am

No.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:30 am

The Bat-Man wrote:Would you post them any quicker?
    Do you want me to do it quickly? I was going to wait a small while after each one to let it be discussed but if you feel I should do it quicker then I will.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:36 am

17th-David Beckham-26 points

Beckham was a very surprise inclusion but none the less he has been a brilliant winger throughout his career and is one of the greatest England players of his generation. Even as he approaches retirement and loses a lot of ability, he has shown in recent times that he is still one of the greatest crossers the game has ever seen.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:33 am

sexy Becksy cheers
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:35 am

fluffy_kittens wrote:sexy Becksy cheers
    Not a worthy choice IMO, but still a great player none the less.
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:36 am

Beckham. Playmakers top 20 Footballers of All Time Results 58503
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:38 am

16th-Paul Scholes-30 points

Despite Paul Scholes being one of my favourite players, I was still very surprised to see him make the list. He was a brilliant player during his career at Man United. He was a great passer and had an amazing striker which he displayed with many superb goals. Paul has recently retired and will take his vast football knowledge into a coaching role into the one club he played for throughout all his career, Manchester United.
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:40 am

What kind of lists are these? Laughing
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post by Johnny Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:42 am

Paul Scholes, 16th best player ever. facepalm
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:42 am

This is the worst list ever made.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:42 am

chiboygeorge wrote:What kind of lists are these? Laughing
    On another thread everyone posted their top 10 list, with their number 1 choice getting 10 points down to their number 10 who gets 1 point if you get what I mean, with all of their choices inbetween getting points in a descending order.

Basically it is all of the points put together, not just a random list from me.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:43 am

Dan wrote:This is the worst list ever made.
    Like I said, it is not my list. It is all of the forumers lists put together.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:59 pm