Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
SBSP
MyApplication
Ricardo
Cameron.
Theo Filippo
Mason
Carlos Jenkinson
Cadbury
GK01
Pippo
RubyArmyCTFC
Jordi
Gegilworld93
Totti
Kuled
ShakerMatty
luke.
ResurrectionRooney
Dean
Childish Logic
Royal
25 posters

Moderator Applications

Anonymous

Moderator Applications - Page 3 Empty Re: Moderator Applications

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 3:53 am

Why do you want to become a moderator? Because this place needs a proper clean-up and there's too much trolling about. I'd sort it out. Plus, us Liverpool fans need a regular mod that follows us, we get trolled way too much.

How do you feel the forum will benefit from having you as a moderator? It'll be cleaned up, continual trolling is boring and only creates arguments. Plus, it looks crap. I'll warn anyone that breaks the rules and will not be afraid to hand them out to anyone. This place needs to be more consistent with the punishments. Eg. Moorzy was banned for a racist comment, Jord wasn't.

Between which hours (GMT) do you think you spend the most time on this forum?
    and probably the most important... I'm in and out most of the day

How do/will you respond to negative comments towards you from other members? I've had plenty and I don't care. It's the internet, anyone that is critical of me is only a small dot on my radar, insignificant.

We are looking for someone who...

Actually wants to be a moderator - I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't.. Neutral

Can take criticism well - Yep.

Is an active member - My post count says otherwise, but you know.. Neutral

Is a well respected member of the community - Of course.

What will be expected of you as a Moderator:

Move or lock off topic threads - Can do.

Keep the forum clean by deleting spam - Easy.

Distribute warnings/bans when necessary and record them manually - Simple.

Remain calm and avoid involving yourself in arguments - Yep.

Avoid excessive use of profanity, you are supposed to be setting an example - Did on the old EA.

Try your best and do what is necessary to defuse tense situations - I will play some fantastic songs from Jack Johnson to calm everyone down, if that doesn't happen then I'll get the warnings going.

Be stern but fair with your moderating responsibility - That's the most important thing.

Mason
    Mason

Supports : Coventry City

Post by Mason Sat May 14, 2011 3:53 am

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:No he wouldnt, thats why i wouldnt want a Liverpool fan to be a mod because thats what one of them would do.

I guess you haven't seen some of his posts then...
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Sat May 14, 2011 3:55 am

Liverpool wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:No he wouldnt, thats why i wouldnt want a Liverpool fan to be a mod because thats what one of them would do.

I see the majority of them.
    Mason
    Mason

Post by Mason Sat May 14, 2011 3:55 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Liverpool wrote:Why is everyone saying ResurrectionRooney should me a mod? He's a cunt.

Because they realise how good I'd be, they're not blinded by hate like you are. I'm controversial, but above all I'm honest and fair, I believe forums are an excellent tool for expression when run properly, and I care about this forum being properly run. Look at how I campaigned in favour of Liam B not being banned some months ago, I argue for what I believe is right, and if you were banned in similar circumstances, I would argue in the same way for you.

Liverpool wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    Liverpool wrote:Why is everyone saying ResurrectionRooney should me a mod? He's a cunt.
    Hes fair.

If anyone said anything bad about United, he'll ban them. Moderator Applications - Page 3 70955

You are so far off the mark here it's unbelievable. If I did start doing that I wouldn't last very long as a moderator would I?

If you get the job, I'm going. Neutral
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat May 14, 2011 3:58 am

Dan wrote:Why do you want to become a moderator? Because this place needs a proper clean-up and there's too much trolling about. I'd sort it out. Plus, us Liverpool fans need a regular mod that follows us, we get trolled way too much.

How do you feel the forum will benefit from having you as a moderator? It'll be cleaned up, continual trolling is boring and only creates arguments. Plus, it looks crap. I'll warn anyone that breaks the rules and will not be afraid to hand them out to anyone. This place needs to be more consistent with the punishments. Eg. Moorzy was banned for a racist comment, Jord wasn't.

This is why you shouldn't be a mod IMO. If we get some Billy Big Time like you coming in, making big changes, 'a proper clean up', someone who is 'not afraid' to do stuff then you'll change what the forum's about. I don't know about you, but I like this forum, that's why I visit it, that's why I post here.

I agree with you that the forum should be moderated consistently, but that's about it.

Liverpool wrote:

There's nothing I have ever posted which would indicate that, the forum thrives on free and open debate.
    Mason
    Mason

Post by Mason Sat May 14, 2011 3:59 am

Dan wrote:Why do you want to become a moderator? Because this place needs a proper clean-up and there's too much trolling about. I'd sort it out. Plus, us Liverpool fans need a regular mod that follows us, we get trolled way too much.

This is why you shouldn't be a mod IMO. If we get some Billy Big Time like you coming in, making big changes, 'a proper clean up', someone who is 'not afraid' to do stuff then you'll change what the forum's about. I don't know about you, but I like this forum, that's why I visit it, that's why I post here.

I agree with you that the forum should be moderated consistently, but that's about it.

Liverpool wrote:

There's nothing I have ever posted which would indicate that, the forum thrives on free and open debate.

You're the biggest WUM on the forum.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 4:00 am

So you think having people openly trolling is a good thing then? The fact we have a trolling thread for people trolling other forums is stupid. That 'not afraid' comment is in reference to people I'd be closer to. Anyone that breaks the rules, get the same punishment as someone else, regardless of whether I might 'like' them over another person.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 4:01 am

Was Kyro stripped off his role, due to comments he made on HaxBall?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 4:02 am

Adz wrote:Was Kyro stripped off his role, due to comments he made on HaxBall?

No. Neutral
    Mason
    Mason

Post by Mason Sat May 14, 2011 4:02 am

Moderator Applications - Page 3 70955

No.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 4:03 am

Am all for Dan being mod, if he gives me his points whistle
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat May 14, 2011 4:04 am

Dan wrote:

So you think having people openly trolling is a good thing then? The fact we have a trolling thread for people trolling other forums is stupid. That 'not afraid' comment is in reference to people I'd be closer to. Anyone that breaks the rules, get the same punishment as someone else, regardless of whether I might 'like' them over another person.

I just don't think the forum needs major changes, and the tone of your posted suggested we'd get them if you were the new moderator. If there was no trolling, no wind-ups, it'd just be a forum of extreme seriousness, so long as it doesn't devolve into what we saw last night there's no problem with it.

No, he's been trying to resign the role for months.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 4:11 am

Liverpool wrote:

No.
    Why is he no longer a mod? Moderator Applications - Page 3 36778
    Mason
    Mason

Post by Mason Sat May 14, 2011 4:12 am

Adz wrote:
    Liverpool wrote:

No.

He resigned.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 4:16 am

Dan wrote:

I just don't think the forum needs major changes, and the tone of your posted suggested we'd get them if you were the new moderator. If there was no trolling, no wind-ups, it'd just be a forum of extreme seriousness, so long as it doesn't devolve into what we saw last night there's no problem with it.

No, he's been trying to resign the role for months.

I said continuos trolling. A bit here and there is fine for banter and that. It's the HenryGale and LiamB types that keep doing it to get a reaction that need to be stopped.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 4:29 am

Liverpool wrote:
    Adz wrote:
    Liverpool wrote:

No.

He resigned.
    Who is he, a football manager? Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 4:36 am

• Why do you want to become a moderator? Well to be honest I wouldn't mind i'm on here most of the time (apart from recently cos BT turned my internet off Moderator Applications - Page 3 1371890812) and i've got alot of spare time up coming due to I have no more exams (finnished today Razz) i've also been here since it started (on my xNiPPY account) so ya no...
    • How do you feel the forum will benefit from having you as a moderator? Well I don't really get into any arguments..maybe heated debates..but other than that i'm fine. I think I get on well with the rest of the users I dont generally hate one person I dont hate anyone to be fair so that
      could be used well so I wouldn't go and ban someone just because they disagree with me or hate me..etc..
    • Between which hours (GMT) do you think you spend the most time on this forum? Well I dont really spend my life on here but I go on here a fair bit. As I said i've got a 3 week holiday coming up because I have no exams so I guess i'll be on here alot and during the summer I supose.. (Weekdays: 4/5pm-8/9pm if I have school work then I might come on for a bit/ Weekends: Not during Arsenal matches or if im busy)
    • How do/will you respond to negative comments towards you from other members? If its like "oh your a fucking cunt" I dont genraly care to be honest as I dont know them personally but if it continues as spam etc. and it gets annoying I'd just contact you or Mal or give them a warning...

Very Happy
    Cameron.

Supports : Manchester United.

Post by Cameron. Sat May 14, 2011 4:43 am

Why do you want to become a moderator? I would say I'm pretty well liked by the majority of people on here, I'm active a large majority of the time which will allow me to close inflamatory threads or hand out warnings to those trying to wind up others, which is something I feel that needs to be sorted out.
    How do you feel the forum will benefit from having you as a moderator? I feel it will benefit as far too many times, threads get out of hand and result in mindless uncharacteristic shit posted, see the thread about Paul Merson yesterday for an example. This could easily have been prevented if it was nipped in the bud quickly, my aim isn't too just "clean up." it's too make this a more enjoyable place for people to come on and post items which can be discussed, not ending up in threads resorting to insulting people.
    Between which hours (GMT) do you think you spend the most time on this forum? Pretty much all of the time ... Neutral
    and probably the most important...
    How do/will you respond to negative comments towards you from other members? I'll kill them all Neutral No, but seriously I rarely argue with people on here, negative comments won't affect me I won't sit in a corner and cry neither will I abuse them back, I'll send them a quick PM in regards to what I've felt they've done wrong so as not to air it in public and then hopefully it'll be sorted, if not I'll have to take action shifty

Actually wants to be a moderator
    Can take criticism well
    Is an active member
    Is a well respected member of the community

Move or lock off topic threads
    Keep the forum clean by deleting spam
    Distribute warnings/bans when necessary and record them manually
    Remain calm and avoid involving yourself in arguments
    Avoid excessive use of profanity, you are supposed to be setting an example
    Try your best and do what is necessary to defuse tense situations
    Be stern but fair with your moderating responsibility

1st part (all in bold): I would say all of that applies to me.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 5:01 am

• Why do you want to become a moderator? Because I have loads of ideas but I wont share em unless i'm in a position of power.
    • How do you feel the forum will benefit from having you as a moderator? The forum will attract more real football fans and lose the spammers and fakes.
    • Between which hours (GMT) do you think you spend the most time on this forum? Night time
    • How do/will you respond to negative comments towards you from other members? I will play them at their own game like I have so many times just to shut them up and have some giggles.

• Actually wants to be a moderator I do
    • Can take criticism well I can
    • Is an active member I am
    • Is a well respected member of the community I definately am, see my poll about who likes me, not a single negative comment.

I expect to see me as a mod tonight, I just realised you left this last position open till I posted.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 5:19 am

Incase anyone was wondering, my application wasn't a serious one so don't consider me please.

Make Dan mod.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 5:29 am

• Why do you want to become a moderator? - As I feel this forum is a fun and friendly place to talk about football and other things, and I feel that I want to get involved abit more.
    • How do you feel the forum will benefit from having you as a moderator? - Having me as a Moderate will continue the steady flow of cool, fun banter continuing alongside the welcoming friendly nature of this forum.
    • Between which hours (GMT) do you think you spend the most time on this forum? - Every Weekend for about 8-10 hours, and 5 hours on weekdays.
    • How do/will you respond to negative comments towards you from other members? - Well I will just play down harsh/negative/cruel/offensive and will put up with stick, if any and will take action if required.
    • Actually wants to be a moderator - Yes
    • Can take criticism well - Yes
    • Is an active member - Yes, I well get everymore active.
    • Is a well respected member of the community - Maybe, Only been here for a little while posting, but have been here since Mid-November browsing the forum.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 5:37 am

rofl

Please share Coffee ...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 5:40 am

Jelavic18|RFC wrote:

Please share Moderator Applications - Page 3 28973 ...
    I heard he was asking people for opinions of people on this forum. Like he might have asked you, if you like luke.
    Mason
    Mason

Post by Mason Sat May 14, 2011 5:42 am

Adz wrote:
    Jelavic18|RFC wrote:

I heard he was asking people for opinions of people on this forum. Like he might have asked you, if you like luke.

So what? Can't he ask that?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 5:49 am

Liverpool wrote:
    Adz wrote:
    Jelavic18|RFC wrote:

So what? Can't he ask that?
    Never said he couldn't, and to be honest I don't really care, All i wanted to know was why he wasnt a Mod anymore.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Sat May 14, 2011 6:14 am

The tension mounts eek2.
    Ricardo
    Ricardo

Post by Ricardo Sat May 14, 2011 6:52 am

• Why do you want to become a moderator? I'm able to assert myself quite well and I'm responsible when given authority.
    • How do you feel the forum will benefit from having you as a moderator? Less off-topic and often offensive exchanges will be made between members as I'll enforce my authority where necessary. Will be more civil discussions.
    • Between which hours (GMT) do you think you spend the most time on this forum? On weekdays, outside working hours, so 6 to 11PM most days.
    • How do/will you respond to negative comments towards you from other members? I'll take constructive criticism on board but ask for an explanation if the criticism is unfair or inflammatory.

• Actually wants to be a moderator I do
    • Can take criticism well I can
    • Is an active member I am
    • Is a well respected member of the community I definately am, see my poll about who likes me, not a single negative comment.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 6:53 am

I want to be a mod so I can have this and a green name.

Moderator Applications - Page 3 Modera12

Awesome Face
    MyApplication
    MyApplication

Post by MyApplication Sat May 14, 2011 7:57 am

First of all I would like to apologise for creating this dupe account. I was quickly browsing through the forum and noticed this, and felt it was an opportunity I could not miss. I know being banned currently won't hold me in good steed, but I feel that my application should be carefully considered. If you haven't yet guessed, I am Forest.

Why do you want to become a moderator?

I personally feel that I could do a fantastic job as a moderator. Although it may not be apparent, I have helped this forum out greatly with it's improvement over the months. In the forum suggestions thread, I am the member that has had the most suggestions accepted. It is a record I am very proud of. With me in charge, together, we can take great strides as a forum, we can take great strides as a community, and together, we will succeed! Despite me sometimes 'trolling', I still feel I would be a good choice. I never cause any harm with my posts, never post anything controversial which would get a reactions from other members. I generally get along with everyone on here, don't hate anyone. Personally, I don't see how people could hate someone who are just words on a computer screen to them. Even when it may seem that I am 'trolling', my threads and posts are never anything bad, to be honest, I just get bored and a little too excited in the rare moments Forest actually look like being decent. Being a moderator would mean I would not make such troll threads. I'd realise that I have a responsibility, and for the good of the forum, I shall carry out said duty with professionalism.

How do you feel the forum will benefit from having you as a moderator?

The forum would benefit by having me, by having a laid back moderator who doesn't demand strict rule enforcement. I'd be reasonable with members' posts, and would realise that a lot of petty arguments on here are just banter, and wouldn't go handing warnings out left, right and centre. Obviously I wouldn't be afraid to hand warnings out when needed, even to the bigger 'ego's' on this forum, who in my opinion seem to get away with a lot just because of their status within certain groups on the forum. Overall, i'd give a fair chance to everyone, be reasonable, and generally just get on with everyone and listen to what they have to say. Also, I spend a fair bit of time in General Discussion, so I'd be able to moderate any issues arising there which may go amiss.

Between which hours (GMT) do you think you spend the most time on this forum?

5pm-11pm most weekdays
    Various times throughout the day on weekends.
    Also, sometimes up until around 2am when I have nothing planned the next day.

How do/will you respond to negative comments towards you from other members?

I just take it on the chin really, doesn't bother me, and it doesn't really seem like they're serious negative comments. I've been called a Queer by Dan since this forum began, don't kick up a fuss about it though, doesn't bother me. It's all words on a screen.

Actually wants to be a moderator - I am very serious with my application

Can take criticism well - Definitely. Not once been involved in an argument on here either, may I add.

Is an active member - With 12,000+ posts i'd think so.

Is a well respected member of the community - I'd like to think so. I have given the forum some great threads over the past months, most notably my World Cup Tournament, which is probably the best layed out thread on this forum.

Move or lock off topic threads - I will
    Keep the forum clean by deleting spam - I will
    Distribute warnings/bans when necessary and record them manually - I will
    Remain calm and avoid involving yourself in arguments - I do anyway
    Avoid excessive use of profanity, you are supposed to be setting an example - I don't often use explitives as it is, being a moderator would see me use less.
    Try your best and do what is necessary to defuse tense situations - I will
    Be stern but fair with your moderating responsibility - I will
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 8:03 am

Lol MyApplication. Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:45 pm