Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
MickStupp
Theo Filippo
El Jefe
SBSP
Sean
Dean
luke.
Kuled
Ricardo
Jamie
Zzonked
Barton
16 posters

Charlie Adam

Anonymous

Charlie Adam - Page 4 Empty Re: Charlie Adam

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2011 6:56 am

Blackpool Rule wrote:
    polska. wrote:
    Jelavic18|RFC wrote:
    polska. wrote:
    Jelavic18|RFC wrote:

You're an absolute embarrassment to poland. Neutral
    Forget about Poland for a minute.

I think Ragners would be worthy relegation favorites in the Championship. Charlie Adam - Page 4 214775

That's how we drew with Man Utd at OT. Neutral
    Drawing with 11 man in the box isn't exactly great at all.

A Polish club would've had the quality to go out and attack. Though we probably would've lost, it is much less disgraceful. Atleast Lech managed to push for a few results against Man City and Juventus.

like Blackpool
    Exactly. cheers 2
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2011 6:56 am

I don't see how going out and attacking to lose 3-0 is better than grinding out a 0-0 draw by playing 10 behind the ball.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2011 6:57 am

Blackpool Rule wrote:
    polska. wrote:
    Jelavic18|RFC wrote:
    polska. wrote:
    Jelavic18|RFC wrote:

I think Ragners would be worthy relegation favorites in the Championship. Charlie Adam - Page 4 214775

A Polish club would've had the quality to go out and attack. Though we probably would've lost, it is much less disgraceful. Atleast Lech managed to push for a few results against Man City and Juventus.

like Blackpool

You realise the only reason Holloway plays like this is because he knows you'd lose just as badly if you tried to defend? He just wants a bit of publicity.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2011 6:57 am

James ♠️ wrote:I don't see how going out and attacking to lose 3-0 is better than grinding out a 0-0 draw by playing 10 behind the ball.

James clap
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2011 6:59 am

James ♠ wrote:I don't see how going out and attacking to lose 3-0 is better than grinding out a 0-0 draw by playing 10 behind the ball.
    Put it this way. Firstly assuming this result has no impact on any tables or anything.. Would you rather see Hull camp in the box with 11 men and be attacked by the better opposition ruthlessly for 90 minutes? Or would you rather loose, but atleast see Hull attacking and giving the better opposition trouble, and possibly scoring a goal or two?

Besides, it has little relevancy. The point is that we have enough quality at the side to actually attempt to attack.
    MickStupp
    MickStupp

Post by MickStupp Sun May 08, 2011 6:59 am

polska. wrote:
    Jelavic18|RFC wrote:
    polska. wrote:
    Jelavic18|RFC wrote:
    polska. wrote:Rangers are shit though. hehe

Better than any polish team. Wink
    Wisla, Legia, Lech, Slask, Jagiellonia >>> Rangers.

Rangers are at about Lechia standard, which is probably a compliment.

I think Rangers would be worthy relegation favorites in the Championship. think
    Only because England is where all the money is now (in the UK anyway). Ten years ago the Old Firm would have done well (ie mid-table) in the EPL, whereas they would probably do ok in the Championship now; both sides have a few EPL class players.
    There's a bigger gap between the big leagues and the rest now, with a few exceptions like Portugal.

Anyway, Adam isn't that bad shifty
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Sun May 08, 2011 6:59 am

Lech drew with Juventus and Man City by actually playing football though, did they not? Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2011 7:01 am

polska. wrote:
    James ♠ wrote:I don't see how going out and attacking to lose 3-0 is better than grinding out a 0-0 draw by playing 10 behind the ball.
    Put it this way. Firstly assuming this result has no impact on any tables or anything.. Would you rather see Hull camp in the box with 11 men and be attacked by the better opposition ruthlessly for 90 minutes? Or would you rather loose, but atleast see Hull attacking and giving the better opposition trouble, and possibly scoring a goal or two?

Besides, it has little relevancy. The point is that we have enough quality at the side to actually attempt to attack.

If it wasn't a competitive match then I wouldn't even take the result seriously nevermind care about how we played.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2011 7:03 am

luke. wrote:Lech drew with Juventus and Man City by actually playing football though, did they not? Neutral
    I don't remember but I think Zielinski was an attacking coach. Lech got the first Juve result with him.

Bakero is much more defensive minded than Zielinski but they still found a pretty nice balance between offensive and defense against the second Juve and City result. Bakero seemed to have reverted back to much more defensive style play he does in the league against Braga and Braga went on and knocked Lech out. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2011 7:04 am

Defensively he has been so poor.

He has more flaws than positives.

Glad Liverpool didn't get him in the summer.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2011 7:04 am

James ♠ wrote:
    polska. wrote:

If it wasn't a competitive match then I wouldn't even take the result seriously nevermind care about how we played.
    Firstly.. For real? I always care how my team plays in friendlies...

Secondly, say it was competitive, but the result wouldn't have changed anything on the table. (Let's say Hull was in Europe and bottom of the group stage and the top two teams already qualified)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2011 7:06 am

polska. wrote:
    James ♠ wrote:
    polska. wrote:

Firstly.. For real? I always care how my team plays in friendlies...

Secondly, say it was competitive, but the result wouldn't have changed anything on the table. (Let's say Hull was in Europe and bottom of the group stage and the top two teams already qualified)

Wouldn't care how we played.

I don't like losing though so i'd probably enjoy the 0-0 more. As i've said in the past, I enjoy watching defensive hanging on football rather than attacking and thrashing a team.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sun May 08, 2011 7:11 am

luke. wrote:Did you know that Jon Obi Mikel was the only midfielder in the league last year to have a better pass completion rate than Paul Scholes? It wasn't simply because he's playing easy balls back to his centre backs, either; his accuracy in the final third was also higher than the United talisman's. Per data analysis firm Opta, Mikel's pass completion rate for the 09/10 season was an astonishing 89.8%, while he added almost five tackles per game, that figure also significantly above average. He's almost as good in the air as a defender, which is an odd trait for a midfield player, but one that serves to severely boost his value as a midfield shield.

Boom. Mikel > all.

Denilson had the highest competition rate a couple of seasons ago and he's fucking shit and always has been

If Mikel is such an excellent passer then why isn't he picked infront of Lampard

Bogdan wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:
    Aaron wrote:To be fair Liverpool made bid of around £10m for him. Dalglish and Comolli must rate him quite highly.

I'm hoping they've seen the light, we dodged a bullet big time.

Nah, we're selling Aqua and buying him.

You're selling an extremely technical midfielder for an overrated scotsman? seriously?
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Sun May 08, 2011 7:15 am

Fonseca wrote:
    luke. wrote:Did you know that Jon Obi Mikel was the only midfielder in the league last year to have a better pass completion rate than Paul Scholes? It wasn't simply because he's playing easy balls back to his centre backs, either; his accuracy in the final third was also higher than the United talisman's. Per data analysis firm Opta, Mikel's pass completion rate for the 09/10 season was an astonishing 89.8%, while he added almost five tackles per game, that figure also significantly above average. He's almost as good in the air as a defender, which is an odd trait for a midfield player, but one that serves to severely boost his value as a midfield shield.

Boom. Mikel > all.

Denilson had the highest competition rate a couple of seasons ago and he's fucking shit and always has been

If Mikel is such an excellent passer then why isn't he picked infront of Lampard

Bogdan wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:
    Aaron wrote:To be fair Liverpool made bid of around £10m for him. Dalglish and Comolli must rate him quite highly.

You're selling an extremely technical midfielder for an overrated scotsman? seriously?

Lampard and Mikel are completely different players. And it's no coincidence how we weren't as good with Mikel out of the team, then when he's in it, he's our metronome, the one who keeps us ticking, whether he makes a 10 yard pass, or a 50 yard pass. He also has great skill and technical ability.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sun May 08, 2011 7:19 am

luke. wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:

Boom. Mikel > all.

Bogdan wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:

Lampard and Mikel are completely different players. And it's no coincidence how we weren't as good with Mikel out of the team, then when he's in it, he's our metronome, the one who keeps us ticking, whether he makes a 10 yard pass, or a 50 yard pass. He also has great skill and technical ability.

But noo Mikel is an excellent passer like you say, why isn't he used as an attacking midfielder where his passing attribute is best
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Sun May 08, 2011 7:21 am

Fonseca wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:

Boom. Mikel > all.

Bogdan wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:

But noo Mikel is an excellent passer like you say, why isn't he used as an attacking midfielder where his passing attribute is best

When he was young, and before he came to Chelsea, he was actually an attacking midfielder. However, his strength, height, and tackling ability was seen as more suited to playing DM, which it is. Just because he plays DM doesn't mean he can't pass, Xabi Alonso plays DM, can he not pass then?
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sun May 08, 2011 7:24 am

Mikel actually is pretty crucial to Chelsea's team, he keeps the flow going and his defends well in front of the back four, he's a much better player than Denilson, don't even play around.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sun May 08, 2011 7:27 am

luke. wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:

Boom. Mikel > all.

Bogdan wrote:

When he was young, and before he came to Chelsea, he was actually an attacking midfielder. However, his strength, height, and tackling ability was seen as more suited to playing DM, which it is. Just because he plays DM doesn't mean he can't pass, Xabi Alonso plays DM, can he not pass then?

Charlie Adam - Page 4 Obimikel_mufc_275

Did I say he couldn't pass? he passes the ball to a maximum of 10 yard it so much, don't even try it. If he was so great at passing he'd be used in an advanced midfield position as a more superior Pastore or Kaka
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sun May 08, 2011 7:28 am

dena wrote:Mikel actually is pretty crucial to Chelsea's team, he keeps the flow going and his defends well in front of the back four, he's a much better player than Denilson, don't even play around.

I didn't disagree
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Sun May 08, 2011 7:30 am

Fonseca wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:

Charlie Adam - Page 4 Obimikel_mufc_275

Did I say he couldn't pass? he passes the ball to a maximum of 10 yard it so much, don't even try it. If he was so great at passing he'd be used in an advanced midfield position as a more superior Pastore or Kaka

Just because he isn't playing 50 yard balls every 5 minutes, does not mean he is a bad passer of the ball. 10 yard passes are crucial to the team, and Mikel knows when to play the long range, spectacular ball, when it's on, or whether to lay the ball off to another midfielder. He has several functions, he's not just there solely to play a Pirlo-esque role.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2011 7:36 am

Fine Shagger wrote:
    luke. wrote:He's a great passer of the ball, he's just a level above most of his teammates, who can't anticipate the balls he is playing. And at a team like Blackpool, to get the credit he has, isn't easy.

No that's just not true. He has good long range ability but poor short range passing and most importantly has terrible judgement when it comes to choosing the right pass.
    His short passing is good.. but instead of playing short passes he plays defence cutting ones constantly to create chances. Hence his low pass completion percentage. If he played loads of short passes instead of what he does they wouldn't create half as many chances.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Sun May 08, 2011 7:37 am

The-Reporter wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:
    luke. wrote:He's a great passer of the ball, he's just a level above most of his teammates, who can't anticipate the balls he is playing. And at a team like Blackpool, to get the credit he has, isn't easy.

No that's just not true. He has good long range ability but poor short range passing and most importantly has terrible judgement when it comes to choosing the right pass.
    His short passing is good.. but instead of playing short passes he plays defence cutting ones constantly to create chances. Hence his low pass completion percentage. If he played loads of short passes instead of what he does they wouldn't create half as many chances.
    If Adam attempted to keep the ball more im sure Blackpool wouldnt have conceded as many as they have.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Sun May 08, 2011 7:37 am

The-Reporter wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:

Not even that though, he misplaces a lot of short range passes. Alarmingly in defensive areas which cost his team goals(or concede chances at the least)

He doesn't really have much precision in his passing, hence being better at long rangers with more margin for error.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2011 7:43 am

Fine Shagger wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:

Not even that though, he misplaces a lot of short range passes. Alarmingly in defensive areas which cost his team goals(or concede chances at the least)

He doesn't really have much precision in his passing, hence being better at long rangers with more margin for error.
    I think if he had a team around him with similar ability he would play more safe balls but whats the point when firstly they will probably lose the ball anyway and secondly he can smash a hollywood ball and possibly create a goal.. which he does quite often. I see Adam play that crucial final ball a hell of alot more than for example Luka Modric.. who gets his dick sucked by everyone.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Sun May 08, 2011 7:45 am

The-Reporter wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:

I think if he had a team around him with similar ability he would play more safe balls but whats the point when firstly they will probably lose the ball anyway and secondly he can smash a hollywood ball and possibly create a goal.. which he does quite often. I see Adam play that crucial final ball a hell of alot more than for example Luka Modric.. who gets his dick sucked by everyone.

It's not Modric's role to play defence splitting passes. Keeping the play ticking is an underappreciated art but Modric has it perfected.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2011 7:48 am

James ♠️ wrote:
    Blackpool Rule wrote:
    polska. wrote:
    Jelavic18|RFC wrote:
    polska. wrote:Forget about Poland for a minute.

like Blackpool

You realise the only reason Holloway plays like this is because he knows you'd lose just as badly if you tried to defend? He just wants a bit of publicity.

are we or are we not currently fighting in a relegation battle
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2011 7:56 am

Fine Shagger wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:

It's not Modric's role to play defence splitting passes. Keeping the play ticking is an underappreciated art but Modric has it perfected.
    His role isn't to play them because he is no good at them. Charlie Adam has match winning talent, he is not shit like you said.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2011 7:57 am

The-Reporter wrote:I see Adam play that crucial final ball a hell of alot more than for example Luka Modric.. who gets his dick sucked by everyone.
    facepalm
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Sun May 08, 2011 8:17 am

The-Reporter wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:

His role isn't to play them because he is no good at them. Charlie Adam has match winning talent, he is not shit like you said.

Modric has more ability in his fecking hairband than Adam has.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2011 8:45 am

Fonseca wrote:

Boom. Mikel > all.

Bogdan wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:

It's not like we have a choice.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:54 am