Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
MickStupp
Theo Filippo
El Jefe
SBSP
Sean
Dean
luke.
Kuled
Ricardo
Jamie
Zzonked
Barton
16 posters

Charlie Adam

blackskar
    blackskar

Charlie Adam - Page 5 Empty Re: Charlie Adam

Post by blackskar Sun May 08, 2011 8:56 am

Over rated like Bale. Remember when people were saying he was one, if not the, best CM's in the league Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2011 9:15 am

kyro7 wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:I see Adam play that crucial final ball a hell of alot more than for example Luka Modric.. who gets his dick sucked by everyone.
    facepalm
    You're first in line.

Modric doesn't play the final ball or score goals hardly ever, so you facepalm a fact.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sun May 08, 2011 9:19 am

I want to agree with the reporter but I know it's a trap
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Sun May 08, 2011 9:27 am

Modric is great in the midfield but I'll agree lately his final pass has been lacking, but its hard with some mediocre strikers we've got runnin around
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sun May 08, 2011 9:36 am

luke. wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:
    luke. wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:
    luke. wrote:

Lampard and Mikel are completely different players. And it's no coincidence how we weren't as good with Mikel out of the team, then when he's in it, he's our metronome, the one who keeps us ticking, whether he makes a 10 yard pass, or a 50 yard pass. He also has great skill and technical ability.

But noo Mikel is an excellent passer like you say, why isn't he used as an attacking midfielder where his passing attribute is best

When he was young, and before he came to Chelsea, he was actually an attacking midfielder. However, his strength, height, and tackling ability was seen as more suited to playing DM, which it is. Just because he plays DM doesn't mean he can't pass, Xabi Alonso plays DM, can he not pass then?

Charlie Adam - Page 5 Obimikel_mufc_275

Did I say he couldn't pass? he passes the ball to a maximum of 10 yard it so much, don't even try it. If he was so great at passing he'd be used in an advanced midfield position as a more superior Pastore or Kaka

Just because he isn't playing 50 yard balls every 5 minutes, does not mean he is a bad passer of the ball. 10 yard passes are crucial to the team, and Mikel knows when to play the long range, spectacular ball, when it's on, or whether to lay the ball off to another midfielder. He has several functions, he's not just there solely to play a Pirlo-esque role.

That's what Pirlo does.. he knows when to play the defence splitting passes just like Fabregas, Xavi, Iniesta, Ozil ect

Rarely do you see Fabregas, Xavi, Iniesta hoof a random long ball.

I see Mikel retrieve, then pass 10 yards. You're talking a load of b.s right now, if Mikel can pass like Pirlo then he doesn't show it

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:52 am