Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Lux
dena
Childish Logic
GK01
Jordan Henderchip
Kaka11|LFC
fluffy_kittens
GCU
Scuba Steve
Sean
Pippo
15 posters

The Oceania Playoff - Should it be scrapped?

Poll

Should the Oceanai playoff be scrapped?

[ 8 ]
    The Oceania Playoff - Should it be scrapped? - Page 4 Bar_left62%The Oceania Playoff - Should it be scrapped? - Page 4 Bar_right [62%] 
    [ 5 ]
    The Oceania Playoff - Should it be scrapped? - Page 4 Bar_left38%The Oceania Playoff - Should it be scrapped? - Page 4 Bar_right [38%] 

Total Votes: 13
    Anonymous

The Oceania Playoff - Should it be scrapped? - Page 4 Empty Re: The Oceania Playoff - Should it be scrapped?

Post by Guest Tue May 03, 2011 8:59 am

Dan wrote:
    polska. wrote:
    Dan wrote:Didn't say you had to be responsible for a 'bunch of little island nations'.

You're not in Asia, Kazakhstan aren't in Europe. If the rest of the teams aren't of a good enough standard for you, then arrange for friendlies against bigger teams when you aren't playing these 'little island nations'. You've built a decent enough profile because of your exploits in the World Cup (and that isn't down to you being in Asia).
    Kazakhstan is half in Europe and the inhabitants are mostly of European origin.

The majority of the country is in Asia.
    And?

Cyprus and Armenia aren't even in Europe.

I don't mind too much Kazakhstan, they being in UEFA is insignificant though you'd think they'd be better off playing in Asia. think

Mr Leiva wrote:
    polska. wrote:
    Dan wrote:Didn't say you had to be responsible for a 'bunch of little island nations'.

You're not in Asia, Kazakhstan aren't in Europe. If the rest of the teams aren't of a good enough standard for you, then arrange for friendlies against bigger teams when you aren't playing these 'little island nations'. You've built a decent enough profile because of your exploits in the World Cup (and that isn't down to you being in Asia).
    Kazakhstan is half in Europe and the inhabitants are mostly of European origin.

Mostly of Britan inhabitants are from Middle Eastern origin, does not mean we are Asia. Mischief
    Kazakhs are Turks though, and half of Kazakhstan's population is Russian on top of that. Not the same.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

The Oceania Playoff - Should it be scrapped? - Page 4 Empty Re: The Oceania Playoff - Should it be scrapped?

Post by fluffy_kittens Tue May 03, 2011 3:06 pm

Shane Smeltz could walk into any starting 11 in England
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Post by Jordan Henderchip Tue May 03, 2011 6:52 pm

fluffy_kittens wrote:Shane Smeltz could walk into any starting 11 in England

The Oceania Playoff - Should it be scrapped? - Page 4 644235 The Oceania Playoff - Should it be scrapped? - Page 4 644235

I remember back in 2009 I think it was and I was the only person on the fucking forum who said he could be good (old forums) everybody laughed at me and told me I was deluded and a cunt and shit. I had a tear in my eye when he scored against Italy Smile
    GK01
    GK01

Supports : Brisbane Roar

Post by GK01 Tue May 03, 2011 6:58 pm

Chip wrote:
    fluffy_kittens wrote:Shane Smeltz could walk into any starting 11 in England

The Oceania Playoff - Should it be scrapped? - Page 4 644235 The Oceania Playoff - Should it be scrapped? - Page 4 644235

I remember back in 2009 I think it was and I was the only person on the fucking forum who said he could be good (old forums) everybody laughed at me and told me I was deluded and a cunt and shit. I had a tear in my eye when he scored against Italy Smile

Still shit Coffee
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Tue May 03, 2011 7:13 pm

Yeah shane at best is possibly top championship side - lower epl team.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Tue May 03, 2011 7:13 pm

Yeah shane at best is possibly a top championship side - lower epl striker.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Tue May 03, 2011 7:19 pm

He played non league English football....enough said Hurr Durr Derp Derp
    GK01
    GK01

Supports : Brisbane Roar

Post by GK01 Tue May 03, 2011 7:25 pm

Every overseas adventure (Not including Australia) Smeltz has had he has failed Laughing
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Tue May 03, 2011 8:44 pm

Lux wrote:He played non league English football....enough said Hurr Durr Derp Derp

GK01 wrote:Every overseas adventure (Not including Australia) Smeltz has had he has failed Laughing

how many non-league players have a world cup goal. Razz Razz
    GCU
    GCU

Post by GCU Wed May 04, 2011 8:55 am

i watched smeltz play every week for my club, hes a great finisher but hes lazy and obviously doesnt have the drive to play overseas. look how he dogged it in china and turkey lol, when things dont go right for him, he just runs back to the a-league with his tail inbetween his legs. if he cant cut it in turkey and china, hes got no chance in the epl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2011 9:08 am

Anyways...

In the long-term future.. put New Zealand in AFC, make NZ clubs qualify for Asia through A-League, have a NZ-cup competition with an AFC spot as well and that's it.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Post by Jordan Henderchip Wed May 04, 2011 8:25 pm

polska. wrote:Anyways...

In the long-term future.. put New Zealand in AFC, make NZ clubs qualify for Asia through A-League, have a NZ-cup competition with an AFC spot as well and that's it.

We have a club in the A-League (which has made the finals the last 2 seasons)

we always get into the O-League final and have a team going to the Club World Cup

and we don't want to be in Asia, you have to take into consideration the flight times it will take for our teams to get to some of those asian countries. We have the longest trip in football (they say on the news here) when we have to travel to play Perth Glory every season (6-8 hours it takes)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:28 am