Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Lux
dena
Childish Logic
GK01
Jordan Henderchip
Kaka11|LFC
fluffy_kittens
GCU
Scuba Steve
Sean
Pippo
15 posters

The Oceania Playoff - Should it be scrapped?

Poll

Should the Oceanai playoff be scrapped?

[ 8 ]
    The Oceania Playoff - Should it be scrapped? - Page 2 Bar_left62%The Oceania Playoff - Should it be scrapped? - Page 2 Bar_right [62%] 
    [ 5 ]
    The Oceania Playoff - Should it be scrapped? - Page 2 Bar_left38%The Oceania Playoff - Should it be scrapped? - Page 2 Bar_right [38%] 

Total Votes: 13
    GCU
    GCU

The Oceania Playoff - Should it be scrapped? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Oceania Playoff - Should it be scrapped?

Post by GCU Mon May 02, 2011 9:07 pm

NZG wrote:
    GCU wrote:new zealand is the only FA that the FFA never need to pay for to appear in friendlies, new zealand do it for free. can picture the excitement that ran through the NZSF when chile pulled, 'oh damn cuz, heres our chance for free friendlies aye choice bro"

your racism is so subtle. why do you have to stereotype us?? it is not like i call all Aussies racists,stupid and a a bunch of convicts .

It just seems like you are angry about us winning your title. it's okay, it is only basketball.

racist? there was nothing racist in my post and for you to think it is clearly shows that your the racist

since when did the phoenix win the a-league Neutral
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

The Oceania Playoff - Should it be scrapped? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Oceania Playoff - Should it be scrapped?

Post by Childish Logic Mon May 02, 2011 9:10 pm

GCU wrote:
    NZG wrote:
    GCU wrote:new zealand is the only FA that the FFA never need to pay for to appear in friendlies, new zealand do it for free. can picture the excitement that ran through the NZSF when chile pulled, 'oh damn cuz, heres our chance for free friendlies aye choice bro"

your racism is so subtle. why do you have to stereotype us?? it is not like i call all Aussies racists,stupid and a a bunch of convicts .

It just seems like you are angry about us winning your title. it's okay, it is only basketball.

racist? there was nothing racist in my post and for you to think it is clearly shows that your the racist

a league = basketball. Smart

the amount of times you use "cuz" "choice" for anything related to nz just shows you think we all speak like that. The fact you don't think your racist makes it worse.
    GCU
    GCU

Post by GCU Mon May 02, 2011 9:13 pm

NZG wrote:
    GCU wrote:
    NZG wrote:

the amount of times you use "cuz" "choice" for anything related to nz just shows you think we all speak like that. The fact you don't think your racist makes it worse.

i dont even know what your talking about with basketball

"cuz" "choice" makes me racist? haha talk about trivial, how old are you man, want me to call the waaaaaahhhhmbulance just for you?
    Kaka11|LFC
    Kaka11|LFC

Post by Kaka11|LFC Mon May 02, 2011 9:16 pm

I don't think thats racist, its like that with every country, theres certain phrases and words that everybody is thought to use. Australian slang like G'day and phrases like throw a shrimp on the barbie. Barely anybody says that but its something people think of when they think of Australia, also crikey mate and stuff like that.

England people think they all say cheerio, chap and that sorta shit, its not racist just a bit of banter, its an image for people to relate to who don't actually know about those countries.
    GCU
    GCU

Post by GCU Mon May 02, 2011 9:19 pm

lol half my school are kiwis and some of my best mates are from new zealand as well. this kid getting angry because im saying choice and cuz probably unveils a deeper feeling here, he is probably racist himself and uses poli-heck wait, you cant even call words like choice and cuz as politically incorrect as they aint offensive at all and for someone to take offense to that shows hes got a very short fuse or hes just a racist using an excuse to vent his own frustration The Oceania Playoff - Should it be scrapped? - Page 2 139857

Last edited by GCU on Mon May 02, 2011 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Mon May 02, 2011 9:19 pm

GCU wrote:
    NZG wrote:
    GCU wrote:
    NZG wrote:

i dont even know what your talking about with basketball

"cuz" "choice" makes me racist? haha talk about trivial, how old are you man, want me to call the waaaaaahhhhmbulance just for you?

oh, Well we won dominated the final game, winning your league.

no, the reason why your using them makes you racist. Just like ice cream, Depends on how you use the word.

GCU
    GCU

Post by GCU Mon May 02, 2011 9:21 pm

wellington got knocked out in the finals

what league are you talking about Neutral
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Mon May 02, 2011 9:22 pm

GCU wrote:wellington got knocked out in the finals

what league are you talking about Neutral

no, we claimed your title.
    GCU
    GCU

Post by GCU Mon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm

id love to know what title it is you speak of
    GK01
    GK01

Supports : Brisbane Roar

Post by GK01 Mon May 02, 2011 9:25 pm

Mus you're even confusing me confused
    GCU
    GCU

Post by GCU Mon May 02, 2011 9:28 pm

i was in sydney for the easter show and i watched the sheep shearing contest between all these guys but this dude from new zealand ended up winning it, maybe hes talking about that, iunno
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Mon May 02, 2011 9:28 pm

The nbl. The only basketball league you have.

Neutral
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Mon May 02, 2011 9:29 pm

and you obviously you cant trust the dumb new zealander so i'll post a link for you Rolling Eyes

click on it. http://www.nbl.com.au/

shouldn't be too hard.
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Mon May 02, 2011 9:30 pm

I can trust you Mus Razz

I was just confused Laughing
    GCU
    GCU

Post by GCU Mon May 02, 2011 9:31 pm

basketball lols!

about equal in importance and relevance to me as horse shoe throwing and potato sack racing Basketball
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Mon May 02, 2011 9:32 pm

GCU wrote:i was in sydney for the easter show and i watched the sheep shearing contest between all these guys but this dude from new zealand ended up winning it, maybe hes talking about that, iunno

or maybe i was talking about the basketball league like i mention before. Didn't they teach you how to read?
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Mon May 02, 2011 9:32 pm

GCU wrote:basketball lols!

about equal in importance and relevance to me as horse shoe throwing and potato sack racing Basketball

typical.
    GCU
    GCU

Post by GCU Mon May 02, 2011 9:35 pm

why would basketball have any sort of relevance to this thread? you are clearly trying to change the topic at hand to compensate for something else
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Mon May 02, 2011 9:42 pm

GCU wrote:why would basketball have any sort of relevance to this thread? you are clearly trying to change the topic at hand to compensate for something else

this thread went off-topic as soon as you implied we all talk like "choice cuz its free,shot bro is it really free?choice cuz."

Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Mon May 02, 2011 10:18 pm

No because Oceania aren't good enough.

It's a free ticket for New Zealand every year......even if Australia were still in Oceania I'd say there should be a play offs.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Mon May 02, 2011 10:21 pm

Solomon Islands are almost as good as NZ anyway, plus no playoff would put more fight into the teams and would improve football in the islands.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Mon May 02, 2011 10:26 pm

Pip wrote:Solomon Islands are almost as good as NZ anyway, plus no playoff would put more fight into the teams and would improve football in the islands.

Stop
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 02, 2011 10:32 pm

TBH New Zealand should join Asia like Australia did, and let the Islanders fight it out for the playoff. If they are good enough, they would beat the team from Asia/SA.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 02, 2011 10:56 pm

Tbh, Australia shouldn't even be in Asia.

As for a play-off, it should stay until Oceania can prove they can produce regular participants in the World Cup.
    GCU
    GCU

Post by GCU Tue May 03, 2011 12:51 am

Dan wrote:Tbh, Australia shouldn't even be in Asia.

As for a play-off, it should stay until Oceania can prove they can produce regular participants in the World Cup.

pfft no way, going to asia has lifted australias game to a new level. when we were in ofc we rarely played any competitive games, especially friendlies and our players never bothered playing for us unless it was at the confederation cup and in those play off games against south american teams. moving to afc has done more for australian football than any thing else. half the reason why we couldnt qualify for any world cup was because we had no prepartion going into qualification and no way to keep our players match fit as a team. new zealand have it rosy right now compared to how we used to have it, we used to go years only playing 1 or 2 friendlies

as for new zealand, afc have already said their stance on them multiple times, they dont want them. very likely that if new zealand was ever swallowed up by afc, fifa would attempt to make afc take all the other island countries on top of that which would be a complete burden. afc is big enough as it is, and the costs in travel are already enormous. ofc countries need so much money propping up(so much that australia donates millions to the OFC to help out of those countries even though we aint in ofc any more)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 03, 2011 12:54 am

GCU wrote:

pfft no way, going to asia has lifted australias game to a new level. when we were in ofc we rarely played any competitive games, especially friendlies and our players never bothered playing for us unless it was at the confederation cup and in those play off games against south american teams. moving to afc has done more for australian football than any thing else. half the reason why we couldnt qualify for any world cup was because we had no prepartion going into qualification and no way to keep our players match fit as a team. new zealand have it rosy right now compared to how we used to have it, we used to go years only player 1 or 2 friendlies

as for new zealand, afc have already said their stance on them multiple times, they dont want them. very likely that if new zealand was ever swallowed up by afc, fifa would attempt to make afc take all the other island countries on top of that which would be a complete burden. afc is big enough as it is, and the costs in travel are already enormous. ofc countries need so much money propping up(so much that australia donates millions to the OFC to help out of those countries even though we aint in ofc any more)

You aren't in Asia though.

That's like Bolivia saying 'Hell, we get no chance in the South American qualifying, we're going to join CONCACAF to see if we have a better chance'.

Makes no sense whatsoever, same with Kazakhstan joining UEFA. Why?
    GCU
    GCU

Post by GCU Tue May 03, 2011 1:02 am

Dan wrote:
    GCU wrote:

pfft no way, going to asia has lifted australias game to a new level. when we were in ofc we rarely played any competitive games, especially friendlies and our players never bothered playing for us unless it was at the confederation cup and in those play off games against south american teams. moving to afc has done more for australian football than any thing else. half the reason why we couldnt qualify for any world cup was because we had no prepartion going into qualification and no way to keep our players match fit as a team. new zealand have it rosy right now compared to how we used to have it, we used to go years only player 1 or 2 friendlies

That's like Bolivia saying 'Hell, we get no chance in the South American qualifying, we're going to join CONCACAF to see if we have a better chance'.

how is it easier? we didnt join afc for an "easier" route

when we switched, FIFA had already announced a change in the pot system in qualifying meaning that the OFC qualifier would face the 5th place asian team which just so happened to be bahrain. so do you really think taking on bahrain in a one off match, after bullying a bunch of island teams is more difficult and more "challenging" than going through a 14 match qualifying campaign against not just bahrain, but japan, south korea, iran, iraq, china etc etc blah blah? that just doesnt make any sense

the last time that the ofc qualifier had to play a formidable south american opponent was uruguay in 2005 when we kick their ass

but the benefits of moving to afc were far more greater and go a lot further than just "oh its easier" our youth teams now actually play in COMPETITIVE Tournaments. in ofc they played against amateur state league teams. our club teams compete in the asian champions league. before this they had nothing
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Tue May 03, 2011 1:06 am

Weren't we also invited to Asia? shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 03, 2011 1:09 am

GCU wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    GCU wrote:

how is it easier? we didnt join afc for an "easier" route

when we switched, FIFA had already announced a change in the pot system in qualifying meaning that the OFC qualifier would face the 5th place asian team which just so happened to be bahrain. so do you really think taking on bahrain in a one off match, after bullying a bunch of island teams is more difficult and more "challenging" than going through a 14 match qualifying campaign against not just bahrain, but japan, south korea, iran, iraq, china etc etc blah blah? that just doesnt make any sense

the last time that the ofc qualifier had to play a formidable south american opponent was uruguay in 2005 when we kick their ass

but the benefits of moving to afc were far more greater and go a lot further than just "oh its easier" our youth teams now actually play in COMPETITIVE Tournaments. in ofc they played against amateur state league teams. our club teams compete in the asian champions league. before this they had nothing

Ignore the 'easier' bit. My point was it was like Bolivia switching to North America. To me, you're in your continent, if it isn't a good enough standard, then it's down to you to fix it.
    GCU
    GCU

Post by GCU Tue May 03, 2011 1:11 am

yeah asia loves us!!!! well at least the east asians anyway, i like how east asia like the extra competition we bring both internationally and at club level.

it helps the standard lift and helps afc look more respectable with the more solid teams we have. but in west asia were not liked as much as they seem to think that we stole their oppurtunity to go to world cups Laughing . of you ever use bigsoccer its always fun to read comments by iranians and saudi arabians vs australians on there. they blame australia for their failure. luckily not all west asians are like that but youd think theyd be more sensible. without australia, AFC's tv deal would not of hit the $1 billion mark

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:39 am