Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
blackskar
Gegilworld93
Mister Moustache
chiboygeorge
Cristiano
AriseForLife
SBSP
dena
Trig
LeBron
Roloman4
fluffy_kittens
Laurencio
ResurrectionRooney
MickStupp
Lux
Barton
Jamie
Fanatic
Zzonked
menalawyerguy
25 posters

Messi: Best Ever?

Poll

Is Messi the best player ever or potentially the best player ever?

[ 10 ]
    Messi: Best Ever? - Page 4 Bar_left24%Messi: Best Ever? - Page 4 Bar_right [24%] 
    [ 10 ]
    Messi: Best Ever? - Page 4 Bar_left24%Messi: Best Ever? - Page 4 Bar_right [24%] 
    [ 17 ]
    Messi: Best Ever? - Page 4 Bar_left41%Messi: Best Ever? - Page 4 Bar_right [41%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Messi: Best Ever? - Page 4 Bar_left10%Messi: Best Ever? - Page 4 Bar_right [10%] 

Total Votes: 41
    LeBron

Formerly known as : Spider
    Supports : Man Red.

Messi: Best Ever? - Page 4 Empty Re: Messi: Best Ever?

Post by LeBron Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:02 am

Casillas is the laziest. He stands in his own box the whole game. Snooty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:05 am

Fine Shagger wrote:Messi: Best Ever? - Page 4 Ddd

That's what happens when Ronaldo is told to press laugh

I was laughing my ass off when I saw it live. It's way better than the "Where's Ronaldo?" scene in the 5-0 Clasico.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:09 am

If you didn't know, Ronaldo was pissed because he was doing all that pressuring to stop barca from attacking from the back but wasn't being assisted by his team mates. shifty

It's funny though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:11 am

Fanatic wrote:If you didn't know, Ronaldo was pissed because he was doing all that pressuring to stop barca from attacking from the back but wasn't being assisted by his team mates. shifty

It's funny though.

Yeah I know. He did it quite a few times in the match. But it's freaking hilarious.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:13 am

Imo Pele/Zidane are the greatest ever but surely Messi COULD take that record in the future. I think he would struggle without Barcelona. They are one of the most creative teams ever but when he plays for Argentina he never plays as well as he does for Barca if you get my drift (fucking heads not working today)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:21 am

grenade187 wrote:Imo Pele/Zidane are the greatest ever but surely Messi COULD take that record in the future. I think he would struggle without Barcelona. They are one of the most creative teams ever but when he plays for Argentina he never plays as well as he does for Barca if you get my drift (fucking heads not working today)

Well of course he isn't going to play the same level as with Barca, but he is still damn good for Argentina and he would be good for a lot of teams...

Ricardo
    Ricardo

Post by Ricardo Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:01 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    fluffy_kittens wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:Messi has always been better than Ronaldo. Just couldn't show it because of long injuries.

Ronaldo was successful in Europe's two biggest leagues, Messi has only played in La Liga, yes I still think Messi is better not but you can't say he was always better it was always a bit of a toss up

I hate when people use that statistic. So what if he has been only in La Liga. Pele didn't play in either, can he not be considered the best ever?

I'm not taking anything away from Ronaldo. He has, is, and will be one of the best players to grace the pitch. But Messi has been a little ahead. The only thing stopping it from being obvious was his constant injuries. His talent didn't go away.

The Brazilian league was the best league going in Pele's day Messi: Best Ever? - Page 4 225495

But anyway, there's a platform to judge top players on, and that's the CL. Messi has always been a class above Ronaldo in The CL.
    GCU
    GCU

Post by GCU Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:18 am

yeah obviously the biggest platforms right now are the world cups, UCLs and big domestic leagues, but in peles day, the brazilian league was the best league or at least one of the best going around and world cups were the top dog in all competitions
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:34 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:He and Ronaldo are the two best players ever, who's better I wouldn't like to say. I'd love to see Ronaldo with Xavi and Iniesta providing the bullets for him though.

Yeah I totally agree. I mean, just look at the players Ronaldo plays with, it's a shame. He's only got Xabi Alonso and Mesut Ozil providing him. And he's only surrounded by the most expensive team currently in world football and in the history of the game.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:36 am

Ronaldo is a world class player, but Messi is an entire level above him.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:10 am

Dean wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:He and Ronaldo are the two best players ever, who's better I wouldn't like to say. I'd love to see Ronaldo with Xavi and Iniesta providing the bullets for him though.

Yeah I totally agree. I mean, just look at the players Ronaldo plays with, it's a shame. He's only got Xabi Alonso and Mesut Ozil providing him. And he's only surrounded by the most expensive team currently in world football and in the history of the game.

Alonso and Ozil are very good players, but Xavi and Iniesta are the two best midfielders in World Football.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:45 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Dean wrote:

Alonso and Ozil are very good players, but Xavi and Iniesta are the two best midfielders in World Football.

Messi is just as good without Xavi and Iniesta. The assists Messi gets from Xavi and Iniesta count for way less than 50% of his goals. Also, Messi has assisted more goals than Xavi and Iniesta combined.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 8:31 pm