Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
blackskar
Gegilworld93
Mister Moustache
chiboygeorge
Cristiano
AriseForLife
SBSP
dena
Trig
LeBron
Roloman4
fluffy_kittens
Laurencio
ResurrectionRooney
MickStupp
Lux
Barton
Jamie
Fanatic
Zzonked
menalawyerguy
25 posters

Messi: Best Ever?

Poll

Is Messi the best player ever or potentially the best player ever?

[ 10 ]
    Messi: Best Ever? - Page 2 Bar_left24%Messi: Best Ever? - Page 2 Bar_right [24%] 
    [ 10 ]
    Messi: Best Ever? - Page 2 Bar_left24%Messi: Best Ever? - Page 2 Bar_right [24%] 
    [ 17 ]
    Messi: Best Ever? - Page 2 Bar_left41%Messi: Best Ever? - Page 2 Bar_right [41%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Messi: Best Ever? - Page 2 Bar_left10%Messi: Best Ever? - Page 2 Bar_right [10%] 

Total Votes: 41
    Anonymous

Messi: Best Ever? - Page 2 Empty Re: Messi: Best Ever?

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:44 am

And0TheGr8 wrote:Will be between he and Ronaldo when it's all said and done.
    No chance cant leave out some others.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:46 am

Ronaldo? You better not mean Cristiano because he's not even close.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:48 am

Fine Shagger wrote:Ronaldo? You better not mean Cristiano because he's not even close.
    Well i was hoping he mean't the Brazilian Ronaldo.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:48 am

Fine Shagger wrote:He wouldn't fit in to the team.
    I mean if he swapped for Messi.

And don't tell me you would rather have Villa or Pedro instead of Ronaldo anyway, thats a joke. Laughing
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:51 am

The-Reporter wrote:

And don't tell me you would rather have Villa or Pedro instead of Ronaldo anyway, thats a joke. Laughing

Football isn't played on paper, Ronaldo doesn't fit into Barca's style of play. He's greedy and he's a poor team player. Can't keep possession well either.
    Trig
    Trig

Formerly known as : And0TheGr8

Post by Trig Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:54 am

Liverpool fc 4 ever wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:Ronaldo? You better not mean Cristiano because he's not even close.

I meant the great Cristiano Ronaldo Dos Santos Aveiro. Simples
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:56 am

And0TheGr8 wrote:

I meant the great Cristiano Ronaldo Dos Santos Aveiro. Simples

He's not better than Messi, not better than Ronaldo and it's debateable whether he's better than Ronaldinho too. Then move back another era and you'll find more better than him.
    LeBron

Formerly known as : Spider
    Supports : Man Red.

Post by LeBron Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:58 am

But he's better than Messi. So Messi can't be better than them either.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:00 pm

I would post that gif of Vidic doing his gay wave thing at the referee right now but I can't find it. Sad

gay

That'll have to do.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:06 pm

Spider wrote:But he's better than Messi. So Messi can't be better than them either.
    Your funny.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:08 pm

Fine Shagger wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:

Football isn't played on paper, Ronaldo doesn't fit into Barca's style of play. He's greedy and he's a poor team player. Can't keep possession well either.
    You just dont like Ronnie because he played for United. Extremely biased.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:09 pm

Has to win a World Cup, possibly multiple. Neutral
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:09 pm

Jamie has a point. Ronaldo is one of the last players that would suit Barca.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:16 pm

The-Reporter wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:

So how would Ronaldo fit in to this possession based team exactly?

A team which demands instant pressure from attackers as soon as the ball is lost which Ronaldo never does? A team which will not be set up around Ronaldo like at Real and Utd?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:17 pm

And dont forget the other greats

ZIDANE Was a Footballing God. Messi: Best Ever? - Page 2 914411
    LeBron

Post by LeBron Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:36 pm

Spider wrote:But he's better than Messi. So Messi can't be better than them either.
    You're funny.

I don't think facts are meant to be funny...
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:38 pm

They aren't. Yours isn't a fact. Wink
    LeBron

Post by LeBron Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:50 pm

Messi is to Ronaldo what the Scottish League is to the Premier League.

Inferior.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:54 pm

Ronaldo: "The God of Football sent me to this planet to teach people how to play and showcase my talent"
    Messi: "I don't remember sending anyone."
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:55 pm

To soon to tell. The title would be better suited for "best so far" and even then Pele still trumps him in terms of achievements.

Only time will tell where he ends up in the lore of soccer/football.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:56 pm

Fine Shagger wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:

A team which demands instant pressure from attackers as soon as the ball is lost which Ronaldo never does? A team which will not be set up around Ronaldo like at Real and Utd?
    This is a team that evolves around Messi. Take Messi out, stick Ronaldo in it would be exactly the same game. Saying Ronaldo couldn't hack it in any football team is just ridiculous.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:58 pm

Why in the f'ing world would you swap Ronaldo with Messi in the first place?
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:59 pm

The-Reporter wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:

This is a team that evolves around Messi. Take Messi out, stick Ronaldo in it would be exactly the same game. Saying Ronaldo couldn't hack it in any football team is just ridiculous.

How would it be exactly the same? Ronaldo can't add anything close to what Messi adds to the build up play of Barca. He doesn't work as hard as Messi either which is the defining point of Pep's team - their work ethic on top of their talent.

A big part of why Barca are so successful is that when Messi plays he drops deep to form a triangle with Iniesta and Xavi. Can you imagine Ronaldo trying to play one touch passing moves with them two? He'd look like a clown.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:00 pm

Spider wrote:Messi is to Ronaldo what the Scottish League is to the Premier League.

Much better.
    Glad we agree. cheers
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:06 pm

Fine Shagger wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:

How would it be exactly the same? Ronaldo can't add anything close to what Messi adds to the build up play of Barca. He doesn't work as hard as Messi either which is the defining point of Pep's team - their work ethic on top of their talent.

A big part of why Barca are so successful is that when Messi plays he drops deep to form a triangle with Iniesta and Xavi. Can you imagine Ronaldo trying to play one touch passing moves with them two? He'd look like a clown.
    You haven't got a clue. Ronaldo scores shit loads of goals for a team inferior to Barcelona. If he had Xavi, Iniesta and co around him he'd be even more lethal.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:08 pm

The-Reporter wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:

You haven't got a clue. Ronaldo scores shit loads of goals for a team inferior to Barcelona. If he had Xavi, Iniesta and co around him he'd be even more lethal.

How about addressing my point about work ethic and build up play rather than just ignore them?

You're ignoring the team aspect here.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:13 pm

Fine Shagger wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:

How about addressing my point about work ethic and build up play rather than just ignore them?

Im saying stick Ronaldo in that team and everyone would be like oh my god he is the best ever because he would be even more lethal than he is already. Your trying to say he would make Barcelona a lesser team despite him being one of the best players most of us has ever seen. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:15 pm

Spider wrote:
    You're funny.

I don't think facts are meant to be funny...

Why did you highlight "you're"?
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:16 pm

The-Reporter wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:

Im saying stick Ronaldo in that team and everyone would be like oh my god he is the best ever because he would be even more lethal than he is already. Your trying to say he would make Barcelona a lesser team despite him being one of the best players most of us has ever seen. Laughing

Of course he'd make Barca a lesser team, Messi is Barcelona's key player no matter what anyone says about Xavi or Iniesta.

How come Villa didn't become more lethal when he moved to Barca? Or Henry? Both sensational goalscorers yet didn't suddenly up their goalscoring records.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:17 pm

The-Reporter wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:

He would make Barca a lesser team. Neutral Messi is the best in his position and fits Barca's system perfectly. Anyone else wouldn't be equal or better.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 1:25 am