Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Grenade
Coatsy
El Jefe
Walcott
Jamie
Carlos Jenkinson
Mal
JK
Theo Filippo
Jordi
Barton
Cadbury
blackskar
crump
18 posters

If we sell Fabregas in the Summer...

Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

If we sell Fabregas in the Summer... - Page 2 Empty Re: If we sell Fabregas in the Summer...

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:37 pm

Mal wrote:If I was Arsenal manager, I would sell them four aforementioned players and sign Chiellini or the slightly cheaper option in Sakho. cheers

Koscielny lol, great backup but for first team looool
    Anonymous

If we sell Fabregas in the Summer... - Page 2 Empty Re: If we sell Fabregas in the Summer...

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:39 pm

It is ridiculos to say things like that. They aren't guarenteed to happen. From your logic, Accrington Stanley could get 15 points in the Premier League as long as they have them 3 players with the shit they have now.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:39 pm

Uh! Chiellini and Vermaelan in defence! If we sell Fabregas in the Summer... - Page 2 631712

If we sell Fabregas in the Summer... - Page 2 Chiellini-346x212If we sell Fabregas in the Summer... - Page 2 Article-0-06127E93000005DC-39_306x423
    If we sell Fabregas in the Summer... - Page 2 Moz-screenshot-6If we sell Fabregas in the Summer... - Page 2 Moz-screenshot-7
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:42 pm

crump wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:
    crump wrote:If a new GK, centre-back and striker was brought in. The league would be ours. A goalkeeper could save us around at the minimum 6 points a season, a centreback 3 points a season and a striker 6 points a season. Thats 15 points. Thats the league.
    If we sell Fabregas in the Summer... - Page 2 58503

I don't see whats wrong there. You obviously won't notice it, but over the season. A goalsaving tackle here, a shot saved to keep the win in the last minutes. Goals form the striker to win games. It all adds up, again you wouldn't notice it, but it adds up.
    So you're saying the current CB's haven't saved you points? Or even the CB's you get in could cost you points.. even a GK.. you're thinking too simplistic and you're just pulling numbers out of your arsehole.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:42 pm

James ♠ wrote:It is ridiculos to say things like that. They aren't guarenteed to happen. From your logic, Accrington Stanley could get 15 points in the Premier League as long as they have them 3 players with the shit they have now.

Get mad at kyro then
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:43 pm

As I said before, I'd have Lansbury as backup DM as well. He has played there and he has more experience than Frimpong. laugh
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:44 pm

kyro7 wrote:
    crump wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:
    crump wrote:If a new GK, centre-back and striker was brought in. The league would be ours. A goalkeeper could save us around at the minimum 6 points a season, a centreback 3 points a season and a striker 6 points a season. Thats 15 points. Thats the league.

I don't see whats wrong there. You obviously won't notice it, but over the season. A goalsaving tackle here, a shot saved to keep the win in the last minutes. Goals form the striker to win games. It all adds up, again you wouldn't notice it, but it adds up.
    So you're saying the current CB's haven't saved you points? Or even the CB's you get in could cost you points.. even a GK.. you're thinking too simplistic and you're just pulling numbers out of your arsehole.

I beg to differ, you buy players that are better, and those that can get you points. New signings can win points, and I'm sure if you tot up all things that new signings have done across the league they've won their teams games, or got a draw.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:45 pm

crump wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:
    crump wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:

I beg to differ, you buy players that are better, and those that can get you points. New signings can win points, and I'm sure if you tot up all things that new signings have done across the league they've won their teams games, or got a draw.
    You pulled 15 points out of nowhere. Neutral

Just for the record, I'm not saying you wouldn't win the league.. I just think them points are random.. I think you'll win the league this season.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:46 pm

kyro7 wrote:
    crump wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:
    crump wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:If we sell Fabregas in the Summer... - Page 2 58503

I pulled 15 points from estimating. Your new GK saves a penalty to get you two points, a striker scores the winner in the dying minutes. The defender clears off the line. You won't notice it but if you did you can tot up all those points.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:47 pm

What needs to happen is

1 striker kicked out = Buy a close to world class one
    1 proper winger = gap being filled
    1 world class CB = actually doing well
    1 backup DM = cover for song

There you have it, and kick the other shitheads out
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:47 pm

crump wrote:I pulled 15 points from estimating. Your new GK saves a penalty to get you two points, a striker scores the winner in the dying minutes. The defender clears off the line. You won't notice it but if you did you can tot up all those points.
    I edited in a part of my post.. but honestly, your new signings could get you 30 points.. or could cost you 30 points. Neutral

Any way, I can't be bothered.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:49 pm

kyro7 wrote:
    crump wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:
    crump wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:If we sell Fabregas in the Summer... - Page 2 58503

Just for the record, I'm not saying you wouldn't win the league.. I just think them points are random.. I think you'll win the league this season.

So you claim we'll win the league when you're on crack yet he can't pull 15 points out of his ass when all you do is pull shit out of your ass?
    JK
    JK

Supports : Arsenal

Post by JK Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:17 pm

I don't think selling so many players at once would do any good for the team. They're still human, you know.

Anyway, Sahin is highly unlikely to leave Dortmund. League this season, CL next season. That team is a unit. I still see Nasri as the perfect replacement for Cesc.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:21 pm

Tom wrote:So you claim we'll win the league when you're on crack yet he can't pull 15 points out of his ass when all you do is pull shit out of your ass?
    I'm not saying people can't think things.. but 15 points is random. Neutral

I think you'll win the league but imo it's a 3 way title race between us you and Chelsea, either team can win it.

I just think Arsenal's fixtures are better.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:22 pm

Diaby, Denilson, Almunia and Squillaci just need to go, they're championship players at best

But in the future we're talking about

Cheezny
    Sagna - Djourou - Vermaelen - Clichy
    Ramsey - Song- Wilshere
    Walcott - Van Persie - Nasri

So no need for Sahin or any other playmaker
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:26 pm

kyro7 wrote:
    Tom wrote:So you claim we'll win the league when you're on crack yet he can't pull 15 points out of his ass when all you do is pull shit out of your ass?

I think you'll win the league but imo it's a 3 way title race between us you and Chelsea, either team can win it.

You basically said he was stupid for doing the same thing you do every Arsenal game, do you still wonder why Arsenal fans find it annoying? Just lay off him, if he wants to talk Arsenal let him talk Arsenal not predictions or wtv

Better yet I walk into the Manc (londoners in disguise) thread and get told to fuck off because I apparently don't have the right to talk about what a UTD legend is. Another hypocritical bias we have here think
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:27 pm

Tom wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:

You basically said he was stupid for doing the same thing you do every Arsenal game, do you still wonder why Arsenal fans find it annoying? Just lay off him, if he wants to talk Arsenal let him talk Arsenal not predictions or wtv

Better yet I walk into the Manc (londoners in disguise) thread and get told to fuck off because I apparently don't have the right to talk about what a UTD legend is. Another hypocritical bias we have here think
    I didn't say you weren't allowed so I don't give a shit.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:31 pm

Eventually we will have to sell Cesc Fabregas, but he isn't leaving this summer and probably not in the next either.

I think it is for the best that he stays, he keeps us ticking and we play much much better than without him. While he is here, we should invest in the development of new players who will spark the second generation of the invincibles. When Cesc leaves we should change back to a 4-4-2.
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:32 pm

Tom wrote:Diaby, Denilson, Almunia and Squillaci just need to go

Agreed.

Bring in a no nonsense defender, a backup DM to Song (maybe, we've got Frimpong who was on the cusp of the 1st team before his injury) and a better backup striker to RVP that we can rely on to score goals and just be RVP level class. Then we'd be pretty much set.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:33 pm

Get rid of Bendtner and Rosicky as well.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:36 pm

Actually fuck the 4-4-2, with Wilshere a 4-3-3 looks more interesting.

JMB_94 wrote:Get rid of Bendtner and Rosicky as well.
    Rosicky will leave in the summer for free.

I'd rather keep Bendtner. He isn't horrible, and does score a bit. Better him than N'Gog or Sturridge or some other crap player. Laughing

Plus is Bendtner ever develops his techincal game to decent levels and learns how to finish, he'll be a top Premier League striker.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:37 pm

Vela needs to leave btw.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:55 am

I don't think Barcelona will try hard to get him tbh. They'll bid a shit amount like £30m, if not then forget about him.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:57 am

they dont even need him, he would not even start and they know he will join them eventually. should let hims taying in arsenal for some more years until they actually need him to play
    Walcott
    Walcott

Supports : Arsenal & Lewis Hamilton.

Post by Walcott Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:36 am

Weird this thread, I actually wrote about a paragraph on my view for when he goes this summer but then I didnt post it.

Bascially, when he leaves this summer, we're fucked. He makes the team work, he knows the pass to put us through on goal..
    oh and 40m is a fucking mug off. 5m more than Carroll? Thats a joke?
    Ideally, Cesc to stay with us for 1 more season (said this last year I know) so he can show Ramsey how it's done.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:37 am

If only Fabregas wasn't a Barca fan, because I think he'd fit better in Madrid than Barca right now.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:57 am

Wenger should just tell Cesc to stfu and keep playing imo
    Sell people like Rosicky, Diaby etc.
    Get a class CB with that money, and then actually spend a bit on whatever else you need.
    Coatsy

Post by Coatsy Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:07 am

Fabregas will just warm the bench at Barca and never fill his full potential unless Iniesta is moved to Left wing and Pedro drops to bench which won't happen I don't think.
    At Arsenal i'd like to see :
    Another CB I think Djourou and Vermaelen would be fine together people calling for like Chiellini and stuff I don't think theres any need.Perhaps just another goodish 24-26 year old CB.Squillaci biggest waste of £3 million ever.
    Another Striker to back up Van Persie with Chamakh/Vela.Sell Bendnter
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:34 am

Arsenal could spend £40m without selling their best player. Money has never been an issue with us Wenger has always had ALOT of funds available but does not overspend like other managers do. Also we would not sign a "replacement" for Cesc we have Wilshere Ramsey and Nasri willing to fill that void. Chiellini is probably the best centreback Arsenal could realistically sign and imo he is the third best cb in the world and Wenger could probably get him for £15million.

The only way I would be happy to see Cesc sold is if we got a rediculous offer like City offered £100m for Kaka. If Barca offered £70m id bite their hand. Maybe a player and cash deal say maybe Mascherano or Abidal or someone.
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:58 am

crump wrote:I think it will be for the best, it's obvious he's going there. It just, i think it downs the teams morale each season with Barcelona picking around bidding. It's out captain. If he was to be sold for around £40m, I'd clearly hope Wenger uses all of that money to invest in a new centre-back, a replacement for Cesc and a meat-head striker. If we got those things the league would be ours. If Wenger didn't buy if we sold Fabregas in the transfer window, well. I'd be worried.

1. Why would we need a replacement for Fabregas when we has Nasri who is every bit as good in the middle of the park? It would be smarter to move Nasri into the middle, and then get another box-to-box midfielder that could alternate with Song.

2. Not sure what you mean by a "meat-head" striker, but I can assume you mean a physically imposing striker. I would much rather we purchased a proven world class striker which all around skills much like Henry, Bergkamp, Kanu etc who all had ball skills and could finish.

3. I agree we need a central defender badly, but we need more than one because we need cover for our injuries and Djourou, Laurent and Sebastien are not cutting it and will never cut it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 5:20 am