Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+29
Katori
Mario
Theo Filippo
Cadbury
Schnix
Sheppy
ricky//habana
LiamB_14
Mustangt125
Jord
Sean
Kuled
coolhead33
Zzonked
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Gegilworld93
Mal
Start.
LFC_Grunners
Laurencio
SpiritOfShankly
Childish Logic
Andy
ResurrectionRooney
Jordan Henderchip
lvrpl4life
Grenade
GK01
Scouser_Dave
33 posters

Chelsea ready to sell Torres for £20M

Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Chelsea ready to sell Torres for £20M Empty Chelsea ready to sell Torres for £20M

Post by Scouser_Dave Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:18 pm

Exclusive: Torres for sale! Chelsea will take £20m in January for flop striker

By NEIL ASHTON
    Last updated at 10:57 PM on 13th December 2011

Chelsea will listen to offers for £50million flop Fernando Torres in next month's transfer window.

The £150,000-a-week striker has scored just three Barclays Premier League goals since his move to Stamford Bridge from Liverpool on January 31.

Chelsea considered sending him on loan to rebuild his shattered confidence, but they are now prepared to sell.

Chelsea ready to sell Torres for £20M Article-2073746-0EFD9F6500000578-18_468x315
    Forlorn Fernando: Torres has failed to fire for Chelsea since his £50m move

The club will have to take a massive financial hit on the most expensive player in British football history, but they have almost exhausted their other options.

Instead they will listen to any club prepared to offer around £20m and match his huge salary demands next month.

When Andre Villas-Boas became Chelsea boss in the summer he was convinced Torres could recapture the form that turned him into one of the most feared strikers in world football.

The manager hoped signing Juan Mata from Valencia would improve Torres's game, but even that has failed to spark the Spaniard back to his former glories.

Chelsea ready to sell Torres for £20M Article-2073746-0DF735BF00000578-790_468x286
    Off target: Torres was the most expensive player in British transfer history

Chelsea have been patient with the 27-year-old, but the feelers are already out in Europe to find Torres a top club to take him in January.

The World Cup winner has been a disaster since moving to the Bridge and is now behind Didier Drogba and Daniel Sturridge in the pecking order.

He did not even get off the bench against Manchester City on Monday night and stayed immobile in the dug-out as the rest of the substitutes, along with the backroom team, celebrated Frank Lampard's late winner from the penalty spot.

Chelsea ready to sell Torres for £20M Article-2073746-0F297E8800000578-143_468x288
    Head boy: Daniel Sturridge is above Torres in the strikers' pecking order

It underlines Torres's frustration with his position and the belief that he is now firmly out in the cold at Chelsea.

Although he remains a popular figure with supporters at the London club, he has failed to live up to his billing as one of the best players in the world.

There were signs of the old Torres magic when he scored at Old Trafford in September, but all the hard work was undone when he was sent off against Swansea in the following game.

Chelsea ready to sell Torres for £20M Article-2073746-0E72569900000578-11_468x379
    Rare sight: Torres has celebrated scoring just four goals this season for Chelsea

He went 13 games without a goal when he signed for Chelsea, finally getting off the mark in a 3-0 win over West Ham on April 23. He was mobbed by team-mates at the time, but then went another nine games before scoring against Manchester United on September 18.

He has scored only four goals this season, despite starting 11 games, with two of those coming against Genk in the Champions League in October.
    Why so glum, Fernando?

The arms go up, the roars bellow out. Manager Andre Villas-Boas leads Chelsea’s celebrations as the final whistle blows on Monday night.

But take a closer look... one player doesn’t appear to be in victory mode.
    £50million man Torres (circled) appears glum after another match on the bench watching his team-mates shine.

Chelsea ready to sell Torres for £20M Article-2073746-0F2ABBB200000578-80_468x286
    Was there something in the air that night, Fernando?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2073746/Fernando-Torres-sale-Chelsea-20m-January-flop-striker.html#ixzz1gUTqyAMt

Last edited by Scouser_Dave on Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Chelsea ready to sell Torres for £20M Empty Re: Chelsea ready to sell Torres for £20M

Post by Guest Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:30 pm

We'll have him.
    GK01
    GK01

Supports : Brisbane Roar

Chelsea ready to sell Torres for £20M Empty Re: Chelsea ready to sell Torres for £20M

Post by GK01 Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:31 pm

I'll take him at Spurs.
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:34 pm

I'd take him at Brisbane as well, we are in the Champions League, got millionaire owners, no marquee player at the moment, perfect club for him shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:35 pm

Doubt they'd sell him to a rival.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:36 pm

I'd put me money on him going back to Spain, with either Atletico Madrid or Malaga. Few whispers that he could return to us but I don't see that meself.
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:36 pm

Chris wrote:Doubt they'd sell him to a rival.

Brisbane it is.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:38 pm

Successful transfer was successful. Well done Chelsea Chelsea ready to sell Torres for £20M 914411
    lvrpl4life
    lvrpl4life

Post by lvrpl4life Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:13 pm

Torres---Suarez

Bellamy--Adam--Henderson--Maxi/Kuyt

How it should have been if he stayed.
    Jordan Henderchip
    Jordan Henderchip

Supports : FS #41

Post by Jordan Henderchip Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:17 pm

I'd take him back again shifty
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:29 pm

lvrpl4life wrote:
    Torres---Suarez

Dumping Lucas and Gerrard thne?
    lvrpl4life
    lvrpl4life

Post by lvrpl4life Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:31 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    lvrpl4life wrote:
    Torres---Suarez

Dumping Lucas and Gerrard thne?

What it would be right now if he had stayed with us.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:40 pm

Very brave playing with 4 strikers and no defensive midfielder.
    Andy

Supports : Manchester United

Post by Andy Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:16 pm

lvrpl4life wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:Dumping Lucas and Gerrard thne?

If Torres wouldn't have gone, you wouldn't have bought either Suarez or Carroll.

Last edited by I Andy I on Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:17 pm

No we would have suarez dumb shit.

We signed carroll as the replacement.
    Andy

Post by Andy Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:20 pm

NZG wrote:No we would have suarez dumb shit.

So Carroll was the replacement? Interesting, so the only reason you bought Suarez was due to the high transfer fee?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:25 pm

I see Andy has posted, come in here someone calling someone a dumb shit, glad I've got the spastic on ignore.. looks like he must have said you wouldn't have had Suarez if Torres stayed. rofl facepalm
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:33 pm

I Andy I wrote:
    NZG wrote:No we would have suarez dumb shit.

So Carroll was the replacement? Interesting, so the only reason you bought Suarez was due to the high transfer fee?
    you are an embarrassment of a football fan.
    Andy

Post by Andy Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:36 pm

NZG wrote:
    I Andy I wrote:

you are an embarrassment of a football fan.

Ok.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:12 pm

None of you know for sure whether Suarez would have signed for Liverpool without Torres's departure, so stop behaving as if you do. The position that he wouldn't is a perfectly valid one to take, it's hardly inconceivable.
    SpiritOfShankly
    SpiritOfShankly

Supports : Liverpool

Post by SpiritOfShankly Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:12 pm

I Andy I wrote:
    lvrpl4life wrote:

If Torres wouldn't have gone, you wouldn't have bought either Suarez or Carroll.

Suarez was brought to play alongside, Carroll wouldn't of been brought in January but he was still a target for the summer.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:19 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:None of you know for sure whether Suarez would have signed for Liverpool without Torres's departure, so stop behaving as if you do. The position that he wouldn't is a perfectly valid one to take, it's hardly inconceivable.

Given that negotiations were well on their way by the time Torres made noise about leaving I would say it's highly unlikely Suarez wouldn't have been signed if Torres hadn't left.
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Supports : Liverpool

Post by LFC_Grunners Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:27 pm

The Suarez deal was basically confirmed before Torress put in his transfer request, I remeber this because I read about them both in the same article...I'll try to find it.

EDIT: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1351607/Liverpools-Fernando-Torres-tells-club-wants-join-Chelsea-Luis-Suarez-signs.html

Another one for the crack - http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/28/luis-suarez-liverpool-fernando-torres-chelsea
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:38 pm

Laurencio wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:None of you know for sure whether Suarez would have signed for Liverpool without Torres's departure, so stop behaving as if you do. The position that he wouldn't is a perfectly valid one to take, it's hardly inconceivable.

Given that negotiations were well on their way by the time Torres made noise about leaving I would say it's highly unlikely Suarez wouldn't have been signed if Torres hadn't left.

You don't know what went on behind the scenes though, nobody does who doesn't work for Liverpool FC or Chelsea FC. Yeah, it came out publicly only after Suarez signed, but I struggle to believe that Liverpool and Chelsea didn't know he wanted to sign for Chelsea long before.
    Start.
    Start.

Supports : Chelsea FC.

Post by Start. Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:16 pm

Quite sad to see, I'm a big fan of Torres just he doesn't 'fit' Sad
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:42 am

Laurencio wrote:

You don't know what went on behind the scenes though, nobody does who doesn't work for Liverpool FC or Chelsea FC. Yeah, it came out publicly only after Suarez signed, but I struggle to believe that Liverpool and Chelsea didn't know he wanted to sign for Chelsea long before.
    funny seeing these things coming from you rofl you say these then talk about you know everything about what goes on behind the scenes at man utd
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:51 am

I thought this was going to happen when Drogba started playing again.

I think Chelsea will have a rebuild soon, they need a new RB, a new CB because Luiz is shit and Alex is leaving and they will probably buy 2 new strikers/wingers.
    Start.
    Start.

Supports : Chelsea FC.

Post by Start. Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:58 am

Splashy wrote:I thought this was going to happen when Drogba started playing again.

I think Chelsea will have a rebuild soon, they need a new RB, a new CB because Luiz is shit and Alex is leaving and they will probably buy 2 new strikers/wingers.

Given time and I think he'll learn hopefully. pray

I could be wrong.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:07 am

Not one quote in the article or even any evidence to show this is the truth.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:08 am

ViVaRooney wrote:

funny seeing these things coming from you rofl you say these then talk about you know everything about what goes on behind the scenes at man utd

I don't claim to know everything about what goes on behind the scenes at United, I come to conclusions based on the facts, but my conclusions are not facts in themselves.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 7:19 am