Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Grenade
Coatsy
El Jefe
Walcott
Jamie
Carlos Jenkinson
Mal
JK
Theo Filippo
Jordi
Barton
Cadbury
blackskar
crump
18 posters

If we sell Fabregas in the Summer...

crump
    crump

If we sell Fabregas in the Summer... Empty If we sell Fabregas in the Summer...

Post by crump Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:48 pm

I think it will be for the best, it's obvious he's going there. It just, i think it downs the teams morale each season with Barcelona picking around bidding. It's out captain. If he was to be sold for around £40m, I'd clearly hope Wenger uses all of that money to invest in a new centre-back, a replacement for Cesc and a meat-head striker. If we got those things the league would be ours. If Wenger didn't buy if we sold Fabregas in the transfer window, well. I'd be worried.
    Anonymous

If we sell Fabregas in the Summer... Empty Re: If we sell Fabregas in the Summer...

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:49 pm

crump wrote:I think it will be for the best, it's obvious he's going there. It just, i think it downs the teams morale each season with Barcelona picking around bidding. It's out captain. If he was to be sold for around £40m, I'd clearly hope Wenger uses all of that money to invest in a new centre-back, a replacement for Cesc and a meat-head striker. If we got those things the league would be ours. If Wenger didn't buy if we sold Fabregas in the transfer window, well. I'd be worried.

You will get more than £40 Million for him ...
    Anonymous

If we sell Fabregas in the Summer... Empty Re: If we sell Fabregas in the Summer...

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:50 pm

For the best?

He gets you ticking, you want to keep him because he's vital to Arsenal, and I doubt he'll leave because of Barcelona are unwilling to pay.
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:51 pm

Wait what?

We play much better with him in the team then out.... Would be madness to sell him now or any time in the near future Confused
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:51 pm

But what if it does happen? It is going to happen one day. Is it best to sell him now or for him to leave in his prime in a couple of years time.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:52 pm

It's not a case of us been mad to sell him, it's the case of Fabregas wanting one day to go there, and Barcelona shitting themselves over the possibility of ahving him, Xavi, Iniesta and Co in the same midfield.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:03 pm

Arsenal thread? bounce
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:06 pm

Crump has a point. This summer will be the first summer where I'm not worrying about our star striker being heavily linked with other clubs.

It would also give Wenger a reason to spend money.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:06 pm

If Arsenal did sell Fabregas for around £40-50m and bought "a new centre-back, a replacement for Cesc and a meat-head striker" i think that would be good deal tbh.

But knowing Wenger he probably wouldn't spend the money well.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:11 pm

Sell Fab 50m.

Replace him with Sahin. And there is still money spare to buy a centre back.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:12 pm

James ♠ wrote:Sell Fab 50m.

Replace him with Sahin. And there is still money spare to buy a centre back.
    Good shout actually, Sahin is only like, 22 and a great playmaker.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:15 pm

Hes never fit anyway. Buy another holding mid put wilshere in the hole
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:22 pm

Fuck that, if I was Wenger I'd tell Fabregas he's going nowhere.. and I reckon Fabregas wouldn't act up.
    JK
    JK

Supports : Arsenal

Post by JK Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:22 pm

Do you need a replacement if you have Nasri? Rambo's coming back aswell. I'd invest in a proper winger and a quality centre back. As harsh as it may sound, I'd scan the market for a striker aswell. RVP, often not fit; Chamakh, meh; Bendtner, just no; Vela, I like the guy, but he needs to improve, doubt he'll make it as a striker anyway in a 4-3-3 formation.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:23 pm

Make Lehmann captain.

Or Van Persie.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:24 pm

JK wrote:Do you need a replacement if you have Nasri? Rambo's coming back aswell. I'd invest in a proper winger and a quality centre back. As harsh as it may sound, I'd scan the market for a striker aswell. RVP, often not fit; Chamakh, meh; Bendtner, just no; Vela, I like the guy, but he needs to improve, doubt he'll make it as a striker anyway in a 4-3-3 formation.
    Nasri is class.. but Fabregas is on another level as a playmaker imo.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:25 pm

First of all it wouldn't be good if we sold Cesc. He's our best player and the heart beat of the team. Barcelona can't even afford him anyway unless they sell a few players. I've read from a few people that they're willing to offer £30m, Bojan and Keita. NeutralNeutral As much as Keita would be good backup for song that's still a rip off.

And why would we have to buy a direct replacement for Cesc when we have some sexy 19 year old called Jack Wilshere. Love
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:25 pm

Nasri wants to be at top end of field all the time whereas Fabregas comes deep.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:27 pm

Szczesny
    Sagna Djourou Vermaelen Gibbs
    Song Wilshere
    Walcott Ramsey Nasri
    RVP

wank 2
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:28 pm

kyro7 wrote:
    JK wrote:Do you need a replacement if you have Nasri? Rambo's coming back aswell. I'd invest in a proper winger and a quality centre back. As harsh as it may sound, I'd scan the market for a striker aswell. RVP, often not fit; Chamakh, meh; Bendtner, just no; Vela, I like the guy, but he needs to improve, doubt he'll make it as a striker anyway in a 4-3-3 formation.
    Nasri is class.. but Fabregas is on another level as a playmaker imo.

But if they sold Fabregas, think of the players Arsenal can bring in. While Fabregas is a class act they desperately need a new CB, a proper striker and one that isn't injured all the time, they could find a replacement for Fabregas, and possibly a new GK.

Last edited by JMB_94 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:29 pm

Mal wrote:
    Szczesny
    Song Wilshere
    Walcott Ramsey Nasri
    RVP

wank 2
    You do that and have a wank over it, but right now you can put Fabregas in for Ramsey and he's far better than Ramsey.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:30 pm

If a new GK, centre-back and striker was brought in. The league would be ours. A goalkeeper could save us around at the minimum 6 points a season, a centreback 3 points a season and a striker 6 points a season. Thats 15 points. Thats the league.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:30 pm

kyro7 wrote:
    Mal wrote:
    Szczesny
    Song Wilshere
    Walcott Ramsey Nasri
    RVP

wank 2
    You do that and have a wank over it, but right now you can put Fabregas in for Ramsey and he's far better than Ramsey.

In the future you fuck.

shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:31 pm

crump wrote:If a new GK, centre-back and striker was brought in. The league would be ours. A goalkeeper could save us around at the minimum 6 points a season, a centreback 3 points a season and a striker 6 points a season. Thats 15 points. Thats the league.

If we sell Fabregas in the Summer... 70955 no. If we sell Fabregas in the Summer... 499859
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:32 pm

crump wrote:If a new GK, centre-back and striker was brought in. The league would be ours. A goalkeeper could save us around at the minimum 6 points a season, a centreback 3 points a season and a striker 6 points a season. Thats 15 points. Thats the league.

Szczesny's got it in him and Fabianski is definitely a decent backup. We need a new no nonsense centre half and a back up defensive midfielder. Get rid of the shit like Diaby, Denilson, Rosicky and Bendtner then it'll all be plain good. Cool
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:33 pm

Yeah I agree there. If we flog Bendtner, Diaby, Denilson and Rosicky. Surely that could rake in £20m at least. Enough to buy as you say a no-nonsense CB.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:34 pm

facepalm
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:35 pm

Cesc can leave, but then we'll buy no one so it's a waste
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:36 pm

If I was Arsenal manager, I would sell them four aforementioned players and sign Chiellini or the slightly cheaper option in Sakho. I'd also get Lansbury in hard training to learn the DM position a bit more because he has played there. A quality centre half and a back up DM with relatively no money spent because it's all from the profit of them four bits of shit. cheers

Last edited by Mal on Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:37 pm

kyro7 wrote:
    If we sell Fabregas in the Summer... 58503

I don't see whats wrong there. You obviously won't notice it, but over the season. A goalsaving tackle here, a shot saved to keep the win in the last minutes. Goals form the striker to win games. It all adds up, again you wouldn't notice it, but it adds up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:26 am