Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Mustangt125
Fanatic
blackskar
Jamie
easley91
Grenade
Carlos Jenkinson
The Zlatan
ShakerMatty
Uncle John from Jamaica
Theo Filippo
Jord
Cornholio
17 posters

Just how far ahead is the PL from Serie A?

Fanatic
    Fanatic

Just how far ahead is the PL from Serie A? - Page 3 Empty Re: Just how far ahead is the PL from Serie A?

Post by Fanatic Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:36 am

blackskar wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    grenade187 wrote:
    Scott wrote:I still reckon Liverpool would've given them a better game too. So would Chelsea and Spurs.

Arsenal are just unlucky that their style of play is easily halted by the Barca players. I mean, most of the La Liga teams do a better job at that Nou Camp than you did. I bet all of them got at least one shot on goal.

Deluded or what ? Just how far ahead is the PL from Serie A? - Page 3 849722

Really? Who has had the better record against the big teams in Europe recently, Liverpool or Arsenal?

I don't think you'd have done much better personally.
    Tbh, Arsenal were poor and a lot of teams could have given a better game.
    Anonymous

Just how far ahead is the PL from Serie A? - Page 3 Empty Re: Just how far ahead is the PL from Serie A?

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:36 am

Fine Shagger wrote:Barcelona home European record against Liverpool P4 W0 D2 L2.

Barcelona home record against all other English clubs P26 W19 D7 L0

/debate.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:36 am

Scott wrote:Just got to face the truth really. Liverpool, Chelsea, Man United and Spurs would've given Barca a better game than Arsenal did.

Can't believe you didn't have a single shot rofl Embarrassing.

taxi
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:37 am

easley91 wrote:
    EdinsonCavani wrote:
    Scott wrote:Just got to face the truth really. Liverpool, Chelsea, Man United and Spurs would've given Barca a better game than Arsenal did.

Can't believe you didn't have a single shot Just how far ahead is the PL from Serie A? - Page 3 70955 Embarrassing.
    Liverpool have a very important job to do though before they can give barca a good game as you claim... Qualify for the tournament first Just how far ahead is the PL from Serie A? - Page 3 70955 anyway..
    Chelsea - Had their chance blew it.
    United - Dominated in the 2009 final, this barca team is argubly better and the united team has gotten worse
    Spurs - They conceded four in the san siro. There conceding 8 if they play like that again

But defensively we didn't play like that against Milan in either leg Neutral
    Inter > AC
    League position is irrelevant.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:38 am

Fine Shagger wrote:Barcelona home European record against Liverpool P4 W0 D2 L2.

Your two clubs havent played each other under the guardiola era. Irrelevant Fact.
    easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Post by easley91 Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:39 am

EdinsonCavani wrote:
    easley91 wrote:
    EdinsonCavani wrote:

Can't believe you didn't have a single shot Just how far ahead is the PL from Serie A? - Page 3 70955 Embarrassing.
    Liverpool have a very important job to do though before they can give barca a good game as you claim... Qualify for the tournament first Just how far ahead is the PL from Serie A? - Page 3 70955 anyway..
    United - Dominated in the 2009 final, this barca team is argubly better and the united team has gotten worse
    Spurs - They conceded four in the san siro. There conceding 8 if they play like that again

Inter > AC

On aggregate against Inter = 6-5 to us.. so that would mean Spurs > Inter and Milan
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:40 am

Fanatic wrote:
    blackskar wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    grenade187 wrote:
    Scott wrote:I still reckon Liverpool would've given them a better game too. So would Chelsea and Spurs.

Arsenal are just unlucky that their style of play is easily halted by the Barca players. I mean, most of the La Liga teams do a better job at that Nou Camp than you did. I bet all of them got at least one shot on goal.

Really? Who has had the better record against the big teams in Europe recently, Liverpool or Arsenal?

Hence me saying 'I don't think you'd have done much better'

Most teams go there and get rolled over with ease. Don't think Liverpool would have been any different. In the end the scoreline would have been the same and the stats would have been similar.

Just my opinion.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:41 am

easley91 wrote:
    EdinsonCavani wrote:
    easley91 wrote:
    EdinsonCavani wrote:

Inter > AC

On aggregate against Inter = 6-5 to us.. so that would mean Spurs > Inter and Milan
    No it means Spurs > Benitez and Milan
    Leanardos inter milan is a different animal.
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:44 am

pwnage.
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:45 am

What's Liverpools home record against them?

just curious if it's all wins for barca shifty
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:46 am

blackskar wrote:

What's Liverpools home record against them?

just curious if it's all wins for barca shifty

Not sure I just plucked that stat of a liverpool site.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:48 am

P4 W1 D1 L2
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:48 am

EdinsonCavani wrote:
    easley91 wrote:
    EdinsonCavani wrote:
    easley91 wrote:
    EdinsonCavani wrote:Liverpool have a very important job to do though before they can give barca a good game as you claim... Qualify for the tournament first Just how far ahead is the PL from Serie A? - Page 3 70955 anyway..

Inter > AC

I'll admit Benitez is an idiot, but it was pretty much the same squad which won the competition just months before Neutral

All that matters anyway is that we are in the final 8 of the Champions League, and whoever we face we'll give them a game, if it's Barca we most likely will go out but not without a fight.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:48 am

blackskar wrote:
    Fanatic wrote:
    blackskar wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    grenade187 wrote:

Most teams go there and get rolled over with ease. Don't think Liverpool would have been any different. In the end the scoreline would have been the same and the stats would have been similar.

Just my opinion.
    People said the same about us when we went to Nou camp and get rolled over. They had a far superior side and we still ended up winning. My opinion is that we would have given a better performance just like many other clubs. Arsenal were extremely poor.
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:49 am

Fanatic wrote:
    blackskar wrote:
    Fanatic wrote:
    blackskar wrote:
    Dan wrote:

Just my opinion.
    People said the same about us when we went to Nou camp and get rolled over. They had a far superior side and we still ended up winning. My opinion is that we would have given a better performance just loike many other clubs.arsenal were extremely poor.

Fair enough.
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:52 am

Other English teams would bring a different style to Barca. A more strength based one. Arsenal played Barca at their own game and only one thing was going to happen.

It would've been different if it was Liverpool.

Messi is good, but he hasn't come across the Greek yet.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:53 am

easley91 wrote:
    EdinsonCavani wrote:
    easley91 wrote:
    EdinsonCavani wrote:
    easley91 wrote:

Inter > AC

I'll admit Benitez is an idiot, but it was pretty much the same squad which won the competition just months before Neutral

All that matters anyway is that we are in the final 8 of the Champions League, and whoever we face we'll give them a game, if it's Barca we most likely will go out but not without a fight.
    I would agree with this but especially in Serie A a good manager is vital mainly because at board level these clubs are fucking idiots
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:54 am

Against Tottenham Messi would have the Daws shut in his face Just how far ahead is the PL from Serie A? - Page 3 279869
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:55 am

Cornholio wrote:Other English teams would bring a different style to Barca. A more strength based one. Arsenal played Barca at their own game and only one thing was going to happen.

Bring back Arbeloa, job done.

He can jump on Suarez's back when Suarez scores the winner too.

blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:55 am

Don't think any defender is capable of containing Messi. Just when you think he can't do anymore he pulls another blinding piece of skill out the bag.

Defenders must have nightmares for months after they play him Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:56 am

Cornholio wrote:Other English teams would bring a different style to Barca. A more strength based one. Arsenal played Barca at their own game and only one thing was going to happen.

rofl
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:57 am

EdinsonCavani wrote:
    easley91 wrote:
    EdinsonCavani wrote:
    easley91 wrote:
    EdinsonCavani wrote:Inter > AC

I would agree with this but especially in Serie A a good manager is vital mainly because at board level these clubs are fucking idiots
    To be honest I don't think it helped Rafa when he was taking charge of a team that won competitions the year before with Jose Mourinho, how was he meant to follow Jose? It also didn't help when he was tactically poor, how can you not notice Maicon getting raped by Bale and NOT change tactics to mark Bale? Laughing
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:58 am

blackskar wrote:Don't think any defender is capable of containing Messi. Just when you think he can't do anymore he pulls another blinding piece of skill out the bag.

Defenders must have nightmares for months after they play him Laughing

Probably how Maicon felt after meeting Bale Laughing
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:59 am

Just how far ahead is the PL from Serie A? - Page 3 _45635154_liverpool466260pa
    Just how far ahead is the PL from Serie A? - Page 3 Tumblr_lhlju9S2Cv1qd01slo1_500
    Just how far ahead is the PL from Serie A? - Page 3 DA0D847D-93F1-3610-300A04ECAC9F06AB

What Alvaro would do on Suarez would be orgasmic
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:03 am

easley91 wrote:
    EdinsonCavani wrote:
    easley91 wrote:
    EdinsonCavani wrote:
    easley91 wrote:

To be honest I don't think it helped Rafa when he was taking charge of a team that won competitions the year before with Jose Mourinho, how was he meant to follow Jose? It also didn't help when he was tactically poor, how can you not notice Maicon getting raped by Bale and NOT change tactics to mark Bale? Laughing
    I agree Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:09 am

benitez just had to much ego and pride and disliked mourinho so much that he had to change the logistics of such a beast team. if he had kept the team the same way and even use a similar philosophy he had in liverpool instead of trying to do "tiki taka" football in internazionale he probably would still be coaching right now but he is to inept
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:51 am

Scott wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:I think the game was drab and played at snail pace, i don't think Spurs could go past a Chelsea, a Real Madrid or a Bayern and god help them if they get Barcelona.

I personally think Spurs would give Barca a better game than Arsenal did.

same here.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:17 pm

EdinsonCavani wrote:Last years Serie A champions beat the premier leagues Champions Neutral So its not the best logic to use.

Serie A has much more talent than the premier league its just the managers/board cant run the club properly.

pig

The Serie A has players who might be technically gifted (or so they say) but they're not better footballers.

Milan just edged this game but it was still a draw and that's all they needed.

If Spurs had to they'd have destroyed Milan's defence because the Serie A is nothing compared to the Premier League.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:21 pm

Craig Bellamy could rip the Greek with his eyes closed. Laughing
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:28 pm

Another knee jerk thread, how quaint. Serie A is definately at a low point at the moment but people talk about it like it's some backwater European league like the Kosovo first division or something, if you want to evaluate Serie A in Europe compared to other nations please stop doing it on a "I just watched a Serie A team play for the first time in a month, they were bad, therefore Serie A sucks" format. Since 2000 3 Italian teams have won the CL, 2 from England. Want to make the sample smaller? Last 5; 2 for Italy, one for England. Even smaller? Last three years, 1 for all three 'big' leagues. Is there a gap in the overall leagues (England vs. Italy)? Sure. But there is no way to see it through since few teams take the Europa league seriously and bottom half teams from another country do not play each other, thus the only real credible method is to see how the creme of the crop of the division (Italy) fares vs. the rest of the Europe, and going by what matters most. Trophies. They are doing alright despite an overall downturn.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 8:28 am