Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Mustangt125
Fanatic
blackskar
Jamie
easley91
Grenade
Carlos Jenkinson
The Zlatan
ShakerMatty
Uncle John from Jamaica
Theo Filippo
Jord
Cornholio
17 posters

Just how far ahead is the PL from Serie A?

Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Just how far ahead is the PL from Serie A? - Page 2 Empty Re: Just how far ahead is the PL from Serie A?

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:15 am

Scott wrote:I still reckon Liverpool would've given them a better game too. So would Chelsea and Spurs.

Arsenal are just unlucky that their style of play is easily halted by the Barca players. I mean, most of the La Liga teams do a better job at that Nou Camp than you did. I bet all of them got at least one shot on goal.
    When teams go to the Nou Camp its 0 - 0. We had a lead to defend.
    Anonymous

Just how far ahead is the PL from Serie A? - Page 2 Empty Re: Just how far ahead is the PL from Serie A?

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:15 am

EdinsonCavani wrote:
    Scott wrote:I still reckon Liverpool would've given them a better game too. So would Chelsea and Spurs.

Arsenal are just unlucky that their style of play is easily halted by the Barca players. I mean, most of the La Liga teams do a better job at that Nou Camp than you did. I bet all of them got at least one shot on goal.

So? Best form of defence is attack, and Arsene came out before the match saying that you weren't going to sit back and defend, so you can fuck off with that excuse.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:16 am

Liverpool couldn't give West Ham a game last week. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:17 am

The-Reporter wrote:

We tend to play well against the top clubs though, for example. Arsenal struggle against Man United, we brushed them aside at the weekend.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:17 am

Scott wrote:
    EdinsonCavani wrote:

So? Best form of defence is attack, and Arsene came out before the match saying that you weren't going to sit back and defend, so you can fuck off with that excuse.
    So its a different mindset you fucking idiot. Do you know anything about physchology? You dont just go out and risk throwing away a 1 goal lead
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:18 am

Well Suarez is obviously better than Messi after Sunday so why not?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:19 am

EdinsonCavani wrote:
    Scott wrote:
    EdinsonCavani wrote:

So its a different mindset you fucking idiot. Do you know anything about physchology? You dont just go out and risk throwing away a 1 goal lead

Okay, so what about the second half then? What about when Barcelona were winning? You needed a goal and needed to attack yet you were still abysmal.

Stop making excuses.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:19 am

Liverpool would've done better than Arsenal since Carra would've snapped Messi's legs at some point.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:19 am

Scott wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:

We tend to play well against the top clubs though, for example. Arsenal struggle against Man United, we brushed them aside at the weekend.
    You do know when Chelsea, Arsenal and United rely on liverpool for a result they flatter to decieve usually.
    easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Post by easley91 Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:20 am

Bogdan wrote:Tonight Milan were the better team, but not really much you can do since Tottenham parked the bus.

Didn't Inter do that against Barca last year? so when you need to defend a lead, you defend like a team. And that is what we did. Sandro was class tonight, really showed he has what it takes to be a great player.

And if we defend like we did tonight, we would make it hard for Barca, thats not to say they wouldn't score goals because with the class of Messi, they are always going to get chances and eventually score. If we get draw them away and then try and take a score-line thats within a goal to the Lane, we would give them a great game and a superb game for neutrals to watch. We most likely wouldn't win or even draw, but we would give it a right old good go.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:21 am

Scott wrote:
    EdinsonCavani wrote:
    Scott wrote:
    EdinsonCavani wrote:

Okay, so what about the second half then? What about when Barcelona were winning? You needed a goal and needed to attack yet you were still abysmal.

Stop making excuses.
    They took the lead around the 70th minute. It doesnt work like that if you knew football you would understand. Barca didnt let us attack, if they dont let you attack you cant attack but hey im not going to argue with some clueless hypocrite anyway Very Happy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:22 am

EdinsonCavani wrote:
    Scott wrote:
    EdinsonCavani wrote:
    Scott wrote:
    EdinsonCavani wrote:When teams go to the Nou Camp its 0 - 0. We had a lead to defend.

Stop making excuses.
    They took the lead around the 70th minute. It doesnt work like that if you knew football you would understand. Barca didnt let us attack, if they dont let you attack you cant attack but hey im not going to argue with some clueless hypocrite anyway Very Happy

Lol shut the fuck up, Barca were winning the tie at half time you halfwit. So from the second half onwards, you were needing to score a goal.
    Anonymous

easley91 wrote:
    Bogdan wrote:Tonight Milan were the better team, but not really much you can do since Tottenham parked the bus.

Didn't Inter do that against Barca last year? so when you need to defend a lead, you defend like a team. And that is what we did. Sandro was class tonight, really showed he has what it takes to be a great player.

And if we defend like we did tonight, we would make it hard for Barca, thats not to say they wouldn't score goals because with the class of Messi, they are always going to get chances and eventually score. If we get draw them away and then try and take a score-line thats within a goal to the Lane, we would give them a great game and a superb game for neutrals to watch. We most likely wouldn't win or even draw, but we would give it a right old good go.
    I was just disappointed because Tottenham are usually an attacking team, but outside of the first 10 minutes they just camped out in their half.
    Anonymous

Scott wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:

Yeh, you played well against United but if Kuyt wasn't gifted 2 tap in's by Nani and VDS you would have drew. and for all you know Arsenal will brush you aside at The Emirates.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:24 am

Scott wrote:
    EdinsonCavani wrote:
    Scott wrote:
    EdinsonCavani wrote:
    Scott wrote:

Stop making excuses.

Lol shut the fuck up, Barca were winning the tie at half time you halfwit. So from the second half onwards, you were needing to score a goal.
    And we did score Just how far ahead is the PL from Serie A? - Page 2 70955 You get more stupid with every post
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:24 am

Deluded or what ? Just how far ahead is the PL from Serie A? - Page 2 849722
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:24 am

EdinsonCavani wrote:
    Scott wrote:
    EdinsonCavani wrote:
    Scott wrote:
    EdinsonCavani wrote:So its a different mindset you fucking idiot. Do you know anything about physchology? You dont just go out and risk throwing away a 1 goal lead

Stop making excuses.

And we did score Just how far ahead is the PL from Serie A? - Page 2 70955 You get more stupid with every post

My original point was that you didn't have any shots on goal. You got a goal through an own goal. Stop trying to be smart just because you know I have owned you in this argument.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:25 am

Tbh we do have more experience of shutting bigger teams out than Arsenal do.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:26 am

Scott wrote:
    EdinsonCavani wrote:
    Scott wrote:
    EdinsonCavani wrote:
    Scott wrote:

Stop making excuses.

My original point was that you didn't have any shots on goal. You got a goal through an own goal. Stop trying to be smart just because you know I have owned you in this argument.
    We attacked them won a corner and scored Just how far ahead is the PL from Serie A? - Page 2 70955 Once again get stupid with every post Just how far ahead is the PL from Serie A? - Page 2 684775 Come back when you have gained some credible football knowledge and learnt a bit about physchology
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:27 am

Nice try. But you're the one who's being incredibly ignorant. It's actually astounding.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:28 am

Scott wrote:Nice try. But you're the one who's being incredibly ignorant. It's actually astounding.
    Just how far ahead is the PL from Serie A? - Page 2 684775Chin up
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:29 am

Bogdan wrote:
    easley91 wrote:

I was just disappointed because Tottenham are usually an attacking team, but outside of the first 10 minutes they just camped out in their half.

To be fair I would have preferred it if we went on the front foot and attacked from the off the whole game, because we normally don't defend well and when we attack and play like we can, we can probably rip most teams apart at home (the obvious exceptions being Barca and Madrid). I dunno, maybe we were looking for a counter attack? or perhaps we didn't expect Milan to go at us like that from almost the start and we just had to adapt? Either way it doesn't now as due to the win in Milan a 0-0 draw saw us through and in knock-out rounds that is all that matters.

Anyone know when the draw for the Quarters is by the way?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:30 am

Just got to face the truth really. Liverpool, Chelsea, Man United and Spurs would've given Barca a better game than Arsenal did.

Can't believe you didn't have a single shot rofl Embarrassing.
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:30 am

kyro7 wrote:Well Suarez is obviously better than Messi after Sunday so why not?

To be fair, you got brushed aside as Fergie got his tactics all wrong. Plus Liverpool had some help from Nani and VDS Laughing

Can't think of many teams that would have done it any differently to what we did.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:32 am

Scott wrote:Just got to face the truth really. Liverpool, Chelsea, Man United and Spurs would've given Barca a better game than Arsenal did.

Can't believe you didn't have a single shot Just how far ahead is the PL from Serie A? - Page 2 70955 Embarrassing.
    Liverpool have a very important job to do though before they can give barca a good game as you claim... Qualify for the tournament first Just how far ahead is the PL from Serie A? - Page 2 70955 anyway..
    Chelsea - Had their chance blew it.
    United - Dominated in the 2009 final, this barca team is argubly better and the united team has gotten worse
    Spurs - They conceded four in the san siro. There conceding 8 if they play like that again
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:33 am

grenade187 wrote:

Really? Who has had the better record against the big teams in Europe recently, Liverpool or Arsenal?
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:34 am

Dan wrote:
    grenade187 wrote:

Really? Who has had the better record against the big teams in Europe recently, Liverpool or Arsenal?
    Lets be honest here though Barcelona is a harder game than Atletico Madrid or NEC away or whatever dutch team you played
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:34 am

EdinsonCavani wrote:
    Scott wrote:Just got to face the truth really. Liverpool, Chelsea, Man United and Spurs would've given Barca a better game than Arsenal did.

Can't believe you didn't have a single shot Just how far ahead is the PL from Serie A? - Page 2 70955 Embarrassing.
    Liverpool have a very important job to do though before they can give barca a good game as you claim... Qualify for the tournament first Just how far ahead is the PL from Serie A? - Page 2 70955 anyway..
    Chelsea - Had their chance blew it.
    United - Dominated in the 2009 final, this barca team is argubly better and the united team has gotten worse
    Spurs - They conceded four in the san siro. There conceding 8 if they play like that again

But defensively we didn't play like that against Milan in either leg Neutral
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:35 am

Dan wrote:
    grenade187 wrote:

I don't think you'd have done much better personally.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:35 am

Barcelona home European record against Liverpool P4 W0 D2 L2.

Barcelona home record against all other English clubs P26 W19 D7 L0

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 8:25 am