Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Mustangt125
Fanatic
blackskar
Jamie
easley91
Grenade
Carlos Jenkinson
The Zlatan
ShakerMatty
Uncle John from Jamaica
Theo Filippo
Jord
Cornholio
17 posters

Just how far ahead is the PL from Serie A?

Cornholio
    Cornholio

Just how far ahead is the PL from Serie A? Empty Just how far ahead is the PL from Serie A?

Post by Cornholio Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:37 am

5th team in the PL knocking out the Serie A leaders, and doing the runners up in the group stages.
    Anonymous

Just how far ahead is the PL from Serie A? Empty Re: Just how far ahead is the PL from Serie A?

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:38 am

EPL > all.
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Just how far ahead is the PL from Serie A? Empty Re: Just how far ahead is the PL from Serie A?

Post by Jord Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:40 am

Well, it's up to this forum to find out.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:42 am

Miles.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:43 am

Tonight Milan were the better team, but not really much you can do since Tottenham parked the bus.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:44 am

Last years Serie A champions beat the premier leagues Champions Neutral So its not the best logic to use.

Serie A has much more talent than the premier league its just the managers/board cant run the club properly.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:45 am

Premier League is a lot better, everyone knows Italian football is waste.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Post by ShakerMatty Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:46 am

A Lot
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:46 am

I think the game was drab and played at snail pace, i don't think Spurs could go past a Chelsea, a Real Madrid or a Bayern and god help them if they get Barcelona.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:47 am

The-Reporter wrote:I think the game was drab and played at snail pace, i don't think Spurs could go past a Chelsea, a Real Madrid or a Bayern and god help them if they get Barcelona.

I personally think Spurs would give Barca a better game than Arsenal did.
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:47 am

The-Reporter wrote:I think the game was drab and played at snail pace, i don't think Spurs could go past a Chelsea, a Real Madrid or a Bayern and god help them if they get Barcelona.

None of the teams you mentioned are in Serie A.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:48 am

Palermo would of given tottenham a better game than milan.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:49 am

Scott wrote:

facepalm
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:51 am

Milan played the shits, this isn't their normal quality
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:52 am

ZlatanFabregas wrote:
    Scott wrote:

facepalm

What? Arsenal were a fucking embarrassment to the EPL at the Nou Camp. They couldn't muster a single shot throughout the entire course of the match.

Firmly believe Spurs would do better. They may not progress, but they'll give them a match.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:53 am

Tom wrote:Milan played the shits, this isn't their normal quality
    This. Pirlo is more important to milan than Van der vaart, bale and modric put together for tottenham.
    If cassano wasnt cup tied he would of ripped tottenham a new asshole
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:53 am

Scott wrote:
    ZlatanFabregas wrote:
    Scott wrote:

Just how far ahead is the PL from Serie A? 58503

What? Arsenal were a fucking embarrassment to the EPL at the Nou Camp. They couldn't muster a single shot throughout the entire course of the match.

Firmly believe Spurs would do better. They may not progress, but they'll give them a match.
    0 Shots on target 1 goal. Shows how clinical we are.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:53 am

Scott wrote:

I think they wouldn't get close to a 4-3 loss over 2 legs let alone a home win. But hopefully we'll find out.

Cornholio wrote:

None of the teams you mentioned are in Serie A.
    AC Milan are the best in that league and look how poor they are.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:54 am

EdinsonCavani wrote:
    Scott wrote:
    ZlatanFabregas wrote:
    Scott wrote:

No, it shows that they're so shockingly woeful, that they had to be gifted a goal, and STILL couldn't hold onto it.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:55 am

Scott wrote:
    ZlatanFabregas wrote:
    Scott wrote:

facepalm

I would really like to see any other English team go to the Camp Nou and have even 15% possession without parking the bus. Don't forget we beat them 2 weeks ago as well. And how much better could they do any way, Arsenal lost 4-3 on aggregate, you think Spurs would be able to concede less than 4 goals?
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:55 am

Scott wrote:
    EdinsonCavani wrote:
    Scott wrote:
    ZlatanFabregas wrote:
    Scott wrote:

No, it shows that they're so shockingly woeful, that they had to be gifted a goal, and STILL couldn't hold onto it.
    Disagree. We didnt have a shot on target yet we still scored. Clinical of the highest order the premier league should be proud of us Very Happy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:57 am

ZlatanFabregas wrote:
    Scott wrote:
    ZlatanFabregas wrote:
    Scott wrote:

facepalm

I would really like to see any other English team go to the Camp Nou and have even 15% possession without parking the bus. Don't forget we beat them 2 weeks ago as well. And how much better could they do any way, Arsenal lost 4-3 on aggregate, you think Spurs would be able to concede less than 4 goals?

Yes. Also, you have your GK and bad finishing from Barca to thank for the close scoreline. The scoreline flattered Arsenal immensely.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:57 am

Scott wrote:
    ZlatanFabregas wrote:
    Scott wrote:

facepalm

Fair
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:59 am

Scott wrote:
    ZlatanFabregas wrote:
    Scott wrote:
    ZlatanFabregas wrote:
    Scott wrote:

facepalm

Yes. Also, you have your GK and bad finishing from Barca to thank for the close scoreline. The scoreline flattered Arsenal immensely.

I think you've had your head up your ass for far to long.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:08 am

Scott wrote:

Apart from Chelsea, No English team would go to the Nou Camp and actually give Barca a match they are too good for EPL teams.
    embarrassment of the EPL? Sorry never knew that a 3-4 scorline against the best team in the world was an embarrassment but im guessing Liverpool would have done better Rolling Eyes
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:09 am

grenade187 wrote:
    Scott wrote:

Apart from Chelsea, No English team would go to the Nou Camp and actually give Barca a match they are too good for EPL teams.
    embarrassment of the EPL? Sorry never knew that a 3-4 scorline against the best team in the world was an embarrassment but im guessing Liverpool would have done better Rolling Eyes

We beat them 2-1 at the Nou Camp. so fuck off Laughing
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:10 am

Scott wrote:
    grenade187 wrote:
    Scott wrote:

What? When they were in decline and had one of their worst seasons?
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:11 am

Scott wrote:
    grenade187 wrote:
    Scott wrote:

Guardiola era? No.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:13 am

Scott wrote:
    ZlatanFabregas wrote:
    Scott wrote:
    ZlatanFabregas wrote:
    Scott wrote:

facepalm

The GK to thank.. What for doing his job? You know we pay him to make saves.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:14 am

I still reckon Liverpool would've given them a better game too. So would Chelsea and Spurs.

Arsenal are just unlucky that their style of play is easily halted by the Barca players. I mean, most of the La Liga teams do a better job at that Nou Camp than you did. I bet all of them got at least one shot on goal.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 6:27 am