Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
LFC_Grunners
Carlos Jenkinson
Barton
fergiesrednose
Grenade
Danny
Drake
Dean
Zzonked
Trig
Cornholio
dena
LeBron
Jamie
moscowmadeit3
ResurrectionRooney
blackskar
Theo Filippo
22 posters

Rooney will face no further action over elbow incident

Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Rooney will face no further action over elbow incident Empty Rooney will face no further action over elbow incident

Post by Theo Filippo Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:06 am

Rooney will face no action Neutral

Oh well hes more of a burden to them this season id be more scared of Berbatov and Hernandez

Last edited by blackskar on Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:08 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Changed thread title to stop future arguments.)
    Anonymous

Rooney will face no further action over elbow incident Empty Re: Rooney will face no further action over elbow incident

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:08 am

Not going to say he didn't get away with it.. because he did.

But if he did get suspended it'd go against what the FA say and past things that have happened..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1361270/Graham-Poll-Manchester-United-star-Wayne-Rooney-probably-let-elbow-incident.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

They need to change the rules to sort this out.
    blackskar
    blackskar

Rooney will face no further action over elbow incident Empty Re: Rooney will face no further action over elbow incident

Post by blackskar Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:09 am

Changed the title theooo. Have a feeling some United fans will take it as another 'United pay teh refs/FA favour United' dig thumb
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:09 am

Correct decision, no reason he should be punished twice.
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:10 am

Hardly call giving a free kick against him for it a 'punishment. Laughing

Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:11 am

blackskar wrote:Hardly call giving a free kick against him for it a 'punishment. Laughing

I agree.. but it's the rules apparently.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:11 am

Rio ferdinand got done last season for it didnt he againt hull? They need to sort the rules out Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:12 am

EdinsonCavani wrote:Rio ferdinand got done last season for it didnt he againt hull? They need to sort the rules out Neutral
    Yeah but that wasn't pulled up for a freekick, so the ref didn't see it and didn't punish it..
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Supports : Emm-You-Eff-See

Post by moscowmadeit3 Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:12 am

EdinsonCavani wrote:Rio ferdinand got done last season for it didnt he againt hull? They need to sort the rules out Neutral

Because the ref didn't see it Neutral
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:14 am

kyro7 wrote:
    blackskar wrote:Hardly call giving a free kick against him for it a 'punishment. Laughing

Yeah. I agree with what you said above tbh about changing the rules.

Don't see how they can let something like that go unpunished (ie ban), which is what that should have been on the pitch.

Thought the FA were trying to stamp out all this sort of thing?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:15 am

blackskar wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:

Don't see how they can let something like that go unpunished (ie ban), which is what that should have been on the pitch.

Yeah, but until the rules are change.. them charging Rooney for this would be technically wrong.. and we'd probably take them to court or something. shifty

Still, Rooney should of been banned.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:17 am

moscowmadeit3 wrote:

Because the ref didn't see it Neutral
    Oh i see. They still need to sort the rules out though regardless of whether the ref has seen it or not
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Post by moscowmadeit3 Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:18 am

blackskar wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:

They cant just put it into action half way through the season now. For example, Lampard does what Rooney done and gets a ban. Chelsea would be furious as it is like one rule for one, one for another.

The FA need to make it more of an offence at the start of the next season and come down strong on it, when the first incident happens.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:19 am

Referee Mark Clattenburg told the FA he believes he took the appropriate action at the time. FA accept that - reluctantly or not

That's it, at the time he thought he made the right decision.. so they can't do anything about it.. which is a fucking idiotic rule.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:20 am

Clearly not got the balls to say he made a mistake Neutral
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:22 am

moscowmadeit3 wrote:
    blackskar wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:

They cant just put it into action half way through the season now. For example, Lampard does what Rooney done and gets a ban. Chelsea would be furious as it is like one rule for one, one for another.

The FA need to make it more of an offence at the start of the next season and come down strong on it, when the first incident happens.

I didn't mean implement changes right now. Just that they should be looking at changing the rule in the future to stop stuff like this happening all the time.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:22 am

EdinsonCavani wrote:Clearly not got the balls to say he made a mistake Neutral
    Thing is though, if he said "I saw it and made the wrong decision"

They can't ban Rooney. Laughing facepalm
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:23 am

Appropriate action Laughing

He'd never give out a card if he thinks an elbow in the head off the ball is not even a yellow Laughing
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:25 am

Corruption.
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Post by moscowmadeit3 Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:27 am

blackskar wrote:
    moscowmadeit3 wrote:
    blackskar wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:

I didn't mean implement changes right now. Just that they should be looking at changing the rule in the future to stop stuff like this happening all the time.

Think I interpreted it wrong. But yea, I now understand what you mean.

Did he know it was an elbow to the head though?
    LeBron

Formerly known as : Spider
    Supports : Man Red.

Post by LeBron Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:29 am

How much did that decision cost?
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:29 am

kyro7 wrote:
    EdinsonCavani wrote:Clearly not got the balls to say he made a mistake Neutral
    Thing is though, if he said "I saw it and made the wrong decision"

They can't ban Rooney. Laughing Rooney will face no further action over elbow incident 58503
    Laughing True. But giving a free kick against him, having a little laugh with him isnt exaclty appropriate action
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:30 am

Spider wrote:How much did that decision cost?
    20 quid.
    LeBron

Formerly known as : Spider
    Supports : Man Red.

Post by LeBron Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:33 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Spider wrote:How much did that decision cost?
    20 quid.

Damn. More debt.

blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:42 am

moscowmadeit3 wrote:
    blackskar wrote:
    moscowmadeit3 wrote:
    blackskar wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:I agree.. but it's the rules apparently.

Think I interpreted it wrong. But yea, I now understand what you mean.

Did he know it was an elbow to the head though?

Really hope he didn't know at the time. As that's just even worse.

I reckon he though they'd just come together with Rooney running into him, which is why he gave a Wigan FK.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:43 am

Didn't see the incident live, but does any know at what stage of the game the elbow occurred? I would assume early in the game.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:44 am

About 5 minutes in I think.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:44 am

dena wrote:Didn't see the incident live, but does any know at what stage of the game the elbow occurred? I would assume early in the game.
    Was about 7 minutes into the game.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:45 am

As expected, not to pick on English ref's because I know other ones do it to, but I absolutely HATE when ref's don't give out proper punishment early because they don't want to 'spoil the game', having people talk about the controversy spoils the game you fuck. And yes, I'm looking at you Howard Webb. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:47 am

dena wrote:As expected, not to pick on English ref's because I know other ones do it to, but I absolutely HATE when ref's don't give out proper punishment early because they don't want to 'spoil the game', having people talk about the controversy spoils the game you fuck. And yes, I'm looking at you Howard Webb. Neutral
    Rooney will face no further action over elbow incident Ronaldo-Howard-Webb-004

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:11 pm