Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Marvin
menalawyerguy
Sean
luke.
Drake
ShakerMatty
Jordan Henderchip
Mal
Jordi
13 posters

Help Plymouth Argyle out???

menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Help Plymouth Argyle out??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Help Plymouth Argyle out???

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:19 pm

James ♠️ wrote:
    Jordi wrote:I'm from the Isle of Wight Help Plymouth Argyle out??? - Page 3 848922
    Isle of Man is miles away Laughing

Btw, can we delete the irrelevant posts? This is a serious issue.

It is an isle. Help Plymouth Argyle out??? - Page 3 58503 Help Plymouth Argyle out??? - Page 3 70955 Help Plymouth Argyle out??? - Page 3 848922
    Why did you reference Isle of Man in the first place? That's why he's (we're) laughing at you.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:41 pm

James ♠ wrote:So we agree. People say I attack people on the matter, but I only do so if they slag off my team. I think it is unfair people who don't go to games and 'support' the bigger teams just because they are good or don't go to games should insult other teams. If people do that then of course i'm going to bite back. Natural reaction.

Kinda agree, being slagged off by Man Utd and Chelsea fans chosen on the sole purpose of winning is bullshit. I take opinions from fans who know there club inside out but I honestly can't take them that seriously. Luke and Sean were getting excited over Chelsea overspending and the first thought that came into my mind was just pure glory hunting behavior, the behavior which some may interpret as the behavior that got them interested in Chelsea. I don't know... both know their club so who I am to judge really

Man UTD fans are the worst though, everyone of them have no relations to the club or the area (except a good 5 out of 50) out of the people I personally know. Ill never take there opinion seriously... like most of the Manc's here, if you live in manchester and u support Utd then why not let everyone know on this forum? probably because barely anyone does
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:00 am

menalawyerguy wrote:
    James ♠️ wrote:
    Jordi wrote:I'm from the Isle of Wight Help Plymouth Argyle out??? - Page 3 848922
    Isle of Man is miles away Laughing

Btw, can we delete the irrelevant posts? This is a serious issue.

It is an isle. Help Plymouth Argyle out??? - Page 3 58503 Help Plymouth Argyle out??? - Page 3 70955 Help Plymouth Argyle out??? - Page 3 848922
    Why did you reference Isle of Man in the first place? That's why he's (we're) laughing at you.

I got it mixed up where he lives. Rolling Eyes I'm pretty sure that's why he was laughing.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:55 am

James ♠️ wrote:Its ironic all these people who support the bigger teams have various reasons that apparently don't make them glory hunters.

Why do I never find these types for lower than the big 6 teams? Help Plymouth Argyle out??? - Page 3 70955

And yes reporter, jumping on the big club bandwagon does ruin football clubs. People support their national team for a reason, the same reason people should support their home town club.
    The closest team to me is called "Railway Beacon". They are nowhere near the size of Plymouth Argyle, in fact you can watch them for free. Seeing they are my closest club you are suggesting i support them? This is a team by the way i could walk upto the manager and ask to train with the team and he'd say thats fine and if i was good enough i'd be playing for them. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:57 am

But if you are from Plymouth then you have a valid reason for supporting Plymouth over someone amateur team. I'm pretty sure there is more than 1 football team in Hull, i've just never heard of them.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:02 am

James ♠ wrote:But if you are from Plymouth then you have a valid reason for supporting Plymouth over someone amateur team. I'm pretty sure there is more than 1 football team in Hull, i've just never heard of them.

But James you make out you're superior to people because you support your local club, as I said earlier, people have reasons for supporting a club. My two cousins live in Manchester and their local club is Manchester United but they support Arsenal because of family. In no way at all are they glory hunters.

I live right next to The Emirates but it doesn't mean someone in Plymouth doesn't love Arsenal more than me.

Someone in Australia can have the same love I have for Arsenal. I was once at a game in Bolton and there was an American who travelled over from California just for that one game.

Last edited by Mal on Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:03 am

James ♠️ wrote:But if you are from Plymouth then you have a valid reason for supporting Plymouth over someone amateur team. I'm pretty sure there is more than 1 football team in Hull, i've just never heard of them.
    When i was small and didn't know much about football i used to watch it with my Uncle. He supported Arsenal since the 60's. On my 5th or 6th birthday he bought me an Arsenal home shirt with "Wright" on the back. So since i ever knew anything about football i've always supported Arsenal. You want me to suddenly go fuck them, im going to support Argyle. Neutral
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:08 am

Glory hunting is when a fan picks a team just because they're winning at that particular time, and won't hesitate to abandon ship if that team starts to slump or another team starts to win more. It's not glory hunting if you pick Arsenal, for example, for various reasons, but then stick with them through thick and thin, whether they encounter a poor run of form or not, regardless of how long they go without a trophy, etc. Don't disrupt James's sanctimonious superiority trip, guys. He's gotta compensate for a little cock. What do you want him to do?
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:14 am

Nah I'd say glory supporting is when you initially support a club because they're good. No one over the age of about 10 actually changes clubs.

I don't really have a problem with it as long as they have knowledge of the club and aren't a cunt to other fans.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:20 am

Right. By "various reasons" I mean reasons other than just that team being good. Maybe you like a player, the manager, maybe you lived nearby for a few years, maybe a friend lived by, maybe you went to a game once and fell in love with the team. etc. But I agree with James in one aspect in particular. If you grew up and live in Brighton, you should support Brighton. If you like Man Utd for no reason, you're a glory hunter. But what does somebody like me do? I have no particular tie to any part of the island whatsoever. I've only ever been to London and Reading. I dont have a team that I support, I just follow the game in general. But if I were to pick a team, on what criteria would I choose and still avoid being labeled a gloryhunter?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:42 am

James ♠ wrote:Not one that isn't from the area.

Hello...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:47 am

forestfcfan wrote:
    James ♠ wrote:Not one that isn't from the area.

Hello...

Hi

Mal, I do not say i'm superior to anyone, if what I say comes across like that then that is your problem not mine.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:48 am

The-Reporter wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:
    James ♠️ wrote:If people from Plymouth (like the the reporter) actually supported their hometown teams then they wouldn't be going out of business.

Congratulations glory hunters, this is what you do to a club.

as sensational a comment as that is, i happen to agree with it. whether you are a glory supporter from Devon starving your local clubs of much needed revenue or a glory supporter in Delaware swelling the coffers of the "big" clubs, you create disparity and harm to our game both in the established leagues of football and the developing leagues around the world.

but the glory supporters dont care. as long as they get to watch "their" team and revel in the "oneupmanship" that supporting a successful team brings!

for the record, i wont be signing any petition. its high time football clubs stopped living beyond their means and accept that not everyone can be top of the league!
    But i couldn't give a shit if they are going out of business, i don't support them. Neutral

Just because somebody supports Arsenal from Devon does not make them a "glory supporter". Everyone takes the piss out of Arsenal for their lack of glory. Also to say people like myself are "starving our local clubs of much needed revenue" - We don't owe them anything, so we are not starving them... they starve themselves by playing shit on the field hence the lack of fans of their club.

your comments make you sound like a cunt. i won't compensate another football club because it's not my fault they have been sloppily run but i wouldn't wish them to go out of business and hope that their fans can find a remedy.

if you have valid reasons for supporting a team 200 miles away then thats fine, but very few people do! and to suggest that Arsenal have recently had an unsuccessful spell when in the time since they last won a trophy they have never finished outside the top four, never failed to reach the knockout stages of the Champions League and have made an appearance at the FA Cup final, League Cup Final & the UEFA Champions League Final while remaining the third most successful team in English Football history shows that you have a total lack of knowledge and are completely out of touch with reality!

the fans of just about every other team in England dream of such a baron spell. and for the record i live and always have done, 130 miles from my team whom i have supported fervently since our division 4 days and have never seen us win a major honour! thats a fucking baron spell!
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:50 am

James ♠️ wrote:
    forestfcfan wrote:
    James ♠️ wrote:Not one that isn't from the area.

Hello...

Hi

Mal, I do not say i'm superior to anyone, if what I say comes across like that then that is your problem not mine.

You come across as a condescending prick frequently. You don't have to say "I'm superior" outright for it to be obvious that you're thinking it. And no, it's not our problem. In fact, it's great fodder. Please, carry on with the sanctimony. What a Face
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:52 am

I'm not thinking of it. I'm superior in the fact i'm willing to have an opinion and accept other people have opinions. But most on this forum wont accept I have an opinion and usually make a troll post then leave the thread. Rolling Eyes
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:01 am

'orrible bastard wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:
    James ♠️ wrote:If people from Plymouth (like the the reporter) actually supported their hometown teams then they wouldn't be going out of business.

as sensational a comment as that is, i happen to agree with it. whether you are a glory supporter from Devon starving your local clubs of much needed revenue or a glory supporter in Delaware swelling the coffers of the "big" clubs, you create disparity and harm to our game both in the established leagues of football and the developing leagues around the world.

but the glory supporters dont care. as long as they get to watch "their" team and revel in the "oneupmanship" that supporting a successful team brings!

for the record, i wont be signing any petition. its high time football clubs stopped living beyond their means and accept that not everyone can be top of the league!
    But i couldn't give a shit if they are going out of business, i don't support them. Neutral

Just because somebody supports Arsenal from Devon does not make them a "glory supporter". Everyone takes the piss out of Arsenal for their lack of glory. Also to say people like myself are "starving our local clubs of much needed revenue" - We don't owe them anything, so we are not starving them... they starve themselves by playing shit on the field hence the lack of fans of their club.

[b]your comments make you sound like a cunt. i won't compensate another football club because it's not my fault they have been sloppily run but i wouldn't wish them to go out of business and hope that their fans can find a remedy.

if you have valid reasons for supporting a team 200 miles away then thats fine, but very few people do! and to suggest that Arsenal have recently had an unsuccessful spell when in the time since they last won a trophy they have never finished outside the top four, never failed to reach the knockout stages of the Champions League and have made an appearance at the FA Cup final, League Cup Final & the UEFA Champions League Final while remaining the third most successful team in English Football history shows that you have a total lack of knowledge and are completely out of touch with reality!

the fans of just about every other team in England dream of such a baron spell. and for the record i live and always have done, 130 miles from my team whom i have supported fervently since our division 4 days and have never seen us win a major honour! thats a fucking baron spell!
    What comments make me seem like a cunt? Because i dont give a shit about Plymouth Argyle?

What a joke. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:02 am

James ♠️ wrote:I'm not thinking of it. I'm superior in the fact i'm willing to have an opinion and accept other people have opinions. But most on this forum wont accept I have an opinion and usually make a troll post then leave the thread. Rolling Eyes

you touched on the fact that alot of people are not supporters but are fans. i'd have to disagree with you there, a fan is fanatical about their football club! i would consider the fans to be the ones who are there most of the time, then there are supporters who go when they can.

alot of the people we share this forum with are no more than customers! customers of the premier league and customers of "their" team! just because you subscribe to Sky and buy a replica shirt does not make you a supporter. you can buy all the merchandise in Chelsea's LA store but you're still just a customer.

just because someone is a self proclaimed die hard United fan from Suffolk means fuck all! unless you actively get behind that club you aint nothing but a customer!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:04 am

I think I'm superior to everyone else cos I have a season ticket and follow my local team Razz
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:04 am

In my eyes;

A supporter - someone who goes to games, supports the team and the club.

A fan - usually a fan of the way a team plays, a player in the team or a fan of the way a club is run. This is different to being a supporter.

Just my opinion and that.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:06 am

The-Reporter wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:

[b]your comments make you sound like a cunt. i won't compensate another football club because it's not my fault they have been sloppily run but i wouldn't wish them to go out of business and hope that their fans can find a remedy.

What comments make me seem like a cunt? Because i dont give a shit about Plymouth Argyle?

What a joke. Laughing

you're a fucking joke if you can't recognise the importance of these teams' existence. they provide the competition, without the Plymouths, Wrexhams, Lutons & Blackpools football would be incredibly dull to the active fans and supporters!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:06 am

So are you Hull City fans saying for example somebody born in America should not support an English club because they don't live anywhere near it?
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:07 am

Luton Town's my second team cheers

Anyway, thanks to all that signed it. I saw Mal's signature hehe
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:07 am

James ♠ wrote:In my eyes;

A supporter - someone who goes to games, supports the team and the club.

A fan - usually a fan of the way a team plays, a player in the team or a fan of the way a club is run. This is different to being a supporter.

Just my opinion and that.

we're on the same page. just singing different hymns!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:10 am

'orrible bastard wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:

your comments make you sound like a cunt. i won't compensate another football club because it's not my fault they have been sloppily run but i wouldn't wish them to go out of business and hope that their fans can find a remedy.

What a joke. Laughing

you're a fucking joke if you can't recognise the importance of these teams' existence. they provide the competition,[b] without the Plymouths, Wrexhams, Lutons & Blackpools football would be incredibly dull
    to the active fans and supporters!
    I've been to see Plymouth enough times to know they are incredibly dull already and whenever they get a decent player they sell him so the club is going nowhere and if they get fucked by the courts i don't give a flying fuck.

Also english football will not be a worse place without such a negative team as Argyle.. just an extra team would be bumped up so the league's would be exactly the same.

Insult me again i will fucking Hadouken you. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:15 am

James ♠ wrote:If people from Plymouth (like the the reporter) actually supported their hometown teams then they wouldn't be going out of business.

Not the case, top football clubs get there money from high sponsorship and thanks to Sky, more clubs will go bankrupt. The financial gap between the Premier league and the Championship is huge.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:20 am

The-Reporter wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:

What a joke. Laughing

you're a fucking joke if you can't recognise the importance of these teams' existence. they provide the competition,[b] without the Plymouths, Wrexhams, Lutons & Blackpools football would be incredibly dull
    to the active fans and supporters!
    I've been to see Plymouth enough times to know they are incredibly dull already and whenever they get a decent player they sell him so the club is going nowhere and if they get fucked by the courts i don't give a flying fuck.

Also english football will not be a worse place without such a negative team as Argyle.. just an extra team would be bumped up so the league's would be exactly the same.

Insult me again i will fucking Hadouken you. Neutral

it's not all about plymouth! how long before teams of a similar stature go to the wall too? football is a mess mainly because of the disparity that the premier league has caused! sky and the premier league are the woest things to have ever happened to our sport.

the proposal that each individual club can negotiate their own broadcasting fees will damage our game irreparably. and the worlds football customers will make sure it happens.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:22 am

LFCJordan wrote:
    James ♠ wrote:If people from Plymouth (like the the reporter) actually supported their hometown teams then they wouldn't be going out of business.

Not the case, top football clubs get there money from high sponsorship and thanks to Sky, more clubs will go bankrupt. The financial gap between the Premier league and the Championship is huge.

Stadium capacity - 19500
    Average attendance this season ~ 8000

11500 empty seats @ £20 a ticket

Problem would be sorted if they filled their stadium, the city is big enough to fill it too. Just too many glory hunters + plastics.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:27 am

James ♠ wrote:
    LFCJordan wrote:

Stadium capacity - 19500
    Average attendance this season ~ 8000

11500 empty seats @ £20 a ticket

Problem would be sorted if they filled their stadium, the city is big enough to fill it too. Just too many glory hunters + plastics.
    yes, i agree. but the club has also been run badly and spending what it doesn't have.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:29 am

Of course, but these problems wouldn't exist without glory hunters. Teams would be much more equal in terms of support which would be a fair amount of money. There would still be the big teams from the big cities, but it would be much harder for them to dominate like it is now.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:33 am

James ♠ wrote:Of course, but these problems wouldn't exist without glory hunters. Teams would be much more equal in terms of support which would be a fair amount of money. There would still be the big teams from the big cities, but it would be much harder for them to dominate like it is now.

and the way in which wealth is distributed in the game is a contributing factor too!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:48 pm