Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Marvin
menalawyerguy
Sean
luke.
Drake
ShakerMatty
Jordan Henderchip
Mal
Jordi
13 posters

Help Plymouth Argyle out???

Sean

Help Plymouth Argyle out??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Help Plymouth Argyle out???

Post by Sean Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:15 pm

James ♠️ wrote:I am contemplanting (sp) buying a Dortmund shirt with Kagawa on the back simply because I can't find a Japan one.

I'm unsure if this goes against my rules though, I like Dortmund, not a supporter, I just like the way the club is supported by others and watched a few games and come to like Kagawa.

So i'm not glory hunting, and I would be funding a club, but it is a club in debt which is supported properly. Would be like a gift I suppose.

S'only a football top shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:16 pm

Yup but I don't want to buy it and feel like a hypocrite or else I wouldn't wear it. I would prefer NT shirts anyway. Got the Koren one lined up Help Plymouth Argyle out??? - Page 2 839548 I'm so gonna try get it signed as well, I reckon he'd be more willing to come over if he saw someone wearing it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:29 pm

James ♠ wrote:Yup but I don't want to buy it and feel like a hypocrite or else I wouldn't wear it. I would prefer NT shirts anyway. Got the Koren one lined up Help Plymouth Argyle out??? - Page 2 839548 I'm so gonna try get it signed as well, I reckon he'd be more willing to come over if he saw someone wearing it.
    Learn some basic Slovenian phrases and yell it at him to get him over. Help Plymouth Argyle out??? - Page 2 914411
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:31 pm

'orrible bastard wrote:
    James ♠️ wrote:If people from Plymouth (like the the reporter) actually supported their hometown teams then they wouldn't be going out of business.

Congratulations glory hunters, this is what you do to a club.

as sensational a comment as that is, i happen to agree with it. whether you are a glory supporter from Devon starving your local clubs of much needed revenue or a glory supporter in Delaware swelling the coffers of the "big" clubs, you create disparity and harm to our game both in the established leagues of football and the developing leagues around the world.

but the glory supporters dont care. as long as they get to watch "their" team and revel in the "oneupmanship" that supporting a successful team brings!

for the record, i wont be signing any petition. its high time football clubs stopped living beyond their means and accept that not everyone can be top of the league!
    But i couldn't give a shit if they are going out of business, i don't support them. Neutral

Just because somebody supports Arsenal from Devon does not make them a "glory supporter". Everyone takes the piss out of Arsenal for their lack of glory. Also to say people like myself are "starving our local clubs of much needed revenue" - We don't owe them anything, so we are not starving them... they starve themselves by playing shit on the field hence the lack of fans of their club.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:24 pm

The-Reporter wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:
    James ♠️ wrote:If people from Plymouth (like the the reporter) actually supported their hometown teams then they wouldn't be going out of business.

as sensational a comment as that is, i happen to agree with it. whether you are a glory supporter from Devon starving your local clubs of much needed revenue or a glory supporter in Delaware swelling the coffers of the "big" clubs, you create disparity and harm to our game both in the established leagues of football and the developing leagues around the world.

but the glory supporters dont care. as long as they get to watch "their" team and revel in the "oneupmanship" that supporting a successful team brings!

for the record, i wont be signing any petition. its high time football clubs stopped living beyond their means and accept that not everyone can be top of the league!
    But i couldn't give a shit if they are going out of business, i don't support them. Neutral

Just because somebody supports Arsenal from Devon does not make them a "glory supporter". Everyone takes the piss out of Arsenal for their lack of glory. Also to say people like myself are "starving our local clubs of much needed revenue" - We don't owe them anything, so we are not starving them... they starve themselves by playing shit on the field hence the lack of fans of their club.

That first sentence pretty much sums up the attitudes of most gloryhunters Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:16 pm

None of you know the reason behind him supporting Arsenal though, what if he has family that are Arsenal fans and they've had an influence on him?

It's easy for people to sit at their computer and talk about other people's lives when they actually know fuck all.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:17 pm

I have cousins that live near Old Trafford but they support Arsenal, does that make them glory supporters for not supportIng their local club? Neutral
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:24 pm

Why has this plea to help a club going out of business turned into a debate about glory hunting? Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:47 pm

Its ironic all these people who support the bigger teams have various reasons that apparently don't make them glory hunters.

Why do I never find these types for lower than the big 6 teams? Help Plymouth Argyle out??? - Page 2 70955

And yes reporter, jumping on the big club bandwagon does ruin football clubs. People support their national team for a reason, the same reason people should support their home town club.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:00 pm

James ♠️ wrote:Its ironic all these people who support the bigger teams have various reasons that apparently don't make them glory hunters.

Why do I never find these types for lower than the big 6 teams? Help Plymouth Argyle out??? - Page 2 70955

And yes reporter, jumping on the big club bandwagon does ruin football clubs. People support their national team for a reason, the same reason people should support their home town club.
    Because you don't give them stick so they don't have to respond with anything.. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:03 pm

Don't know which part you was replying to.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:04 pm

Why do you never find these types for lower than big 6 teams.

Because you only spout your shit to bigger teams, so obviously they come back with something. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:07 pm

Well I don't see many of them on this forum. Infact I can't think of one.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:09 pm

James honestly mate, it's so pathetic how have a go at everyone for who they support, you know fuck all about people so you'd be better off not saying anything or just going and spending more time with Hull fans talking about the great community.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:10 pm

I'm on not606 which the Hull fans thanks.

I don't see what you are getting in such an arse for, I have my opinions so accept them, ignore them or don't cry like a bitch. Pretty simple.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:11 pm

James ♠ wrote:I'm on not606 which the Hull fans thanks.

I don't see what you are getting in such an arse for, I have my opinions so accept them, ignore them or don't cry like a bitch. Pretty simple.
    Okay, I'll ignore them.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:33 pm

James ♠ wrote:Well I don't see many of them on this forum. Infact I can't think of one.

You seriously can't think of a single supporter of one of the small(ish) teams on this forum other than your own self-righteous self?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:33 pm

Not one that isn't from the area.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Post by Jordi Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:36 pm

Coffee
    Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Post by Marvin Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:38 pm

James ♠️ wrote:Not one that isn't from the area.
    I wasn't born in Bolton, you know..shifty
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Supports : Liverpool

Post by LFC_Grunners Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:40 pm

Im a Liverpool fan......in Manchester! I could support United and not be a glory hunter but my family support Liverpool (must have been glory hunters back in the day shifty )
    oh, and my proper local is Oldham Athletic who I see regulary still and used to have a season ticket
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:40 pm

coolmarvin wrote:
    James ♠ wrote:Not one that isn't from the area.
    I wasn't born in Bolton, you know..Help Plymouth Argyle out??? - Page 2 279869

Oh well you should support your local team, although it isn't so bad for you because if you do buy Bolton merchandise you aint funding a superpower, you are funding a club that could do with extra money.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:41 pm

Jordi wrote:Help Plymouth Argyle out??? - Page 2 28973

Could of used you as an example but would be unfair seeing as you do go Southampton games and Isle of Man doesn't have a league team.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:42 pm

LFC_Grunners wrote:Im a Liverpool fan......in Manchester! I could support United and not be a glory hunter but my family support Liverpool (must have been glory hunters back in the day Help Plymouth Argyle out??? - Page 2 279869 )
    oh, and my proper local is Oldham Athletic who I see regulary still and used to have a season ticket

Which one would you support if Oldham ever plays Liverpool in a competition?
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:19 pm

James ♠ wrote:If people from Plymouth (like the the reporter) actually supported their hometown teams then they wouldn't be going out of business.

Is the-reporter chirs-plymouth?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:19 pm

Yeah.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:25 pm

Laughing
    Jordi
    Jordi

Post by Jordi Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:27 pm

I'm from the Isle of Wight hehe
    Isle of Man is miles away Laughing

Btw, can we delete the irrelevant posts? This is a serious issue.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:28 pm

Jordi wrote:I'm from the Isle of Wight Help Plymouth Argyle out??? - Page 2 848922
    Isle of Man is miles away Laughing

Btw, can we delete the irrelevant posts? This is a serious issue.

It is an isle. Help Plymouth Argyle out??? - Page 2 58503 Help Plymouth Argyle out??? - Page 2 70955 Help Plymouth Argyle out??? - Page 2 848922
    Sean

Post by Sean Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:18 pm

There's a Blackburn fan from Northern Ireland...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:51 pm