Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Mal
Theo Filippo
Scouser_Dave
Zzonked
Lux
menalawyerguy
Childish Logic
Scuba Steve
Jordi
jeb4eva
mac
wellz
Sean
SBSP
Jamie
dena
Cornholio
21 posters

Keys and Gray sexist remarks

Fanatic
    Fanatic

Keys and Gray sexist remarks - Page 4 Empty Re: Keys and Gray sexist remarks

Post by Fanatic Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:26 am

Mal wrote:Another video leaked. Keys and Gray sexist remarks - Page 4 70955

Was the "Louise" Keys was talking about a Sky Employee?

The guy took his video off after he leaked it but heres another one for those who didnt catch it.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:58 am

Fanatic wrote:Keys and Gray sexist remarks - Page 4 Httpimg20imageshackusim
    rofl
    Sean CFC wrote:Remember John Motson and Ally McCoidt did FIFA?

When the fuck did McCoidt ever commentate? Laughing
    At the World Cup for ESPN. Laughing
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:35 am

Sky football presenter Richard Keys sorry for comments

Keys and Gray sexist remarks - Page 4 _50963690_keys466
    Keys has been at Sky for more than 18 years

Sky presenter Richard Keys has admitted he was wrong to make sexist comments about female referee Sian Massey.Keys has already been disciplined by Sky, but admitted his future with the broadcaster remains uncertain. Colleague Andy Gray was dismissed on Tuesday after further allegations of sexist behaviour came to light. "We
    were having a bit of fun and we got it wrong," Keys, 53, told
    TalkSPORT. "I have never had a problem saying sorry when I have been
    wrong." Gray has issued a statement apologising for his comments and added that he was devastated to have lost his job. "I am very sorry that certain comments made by me have caused offence," said Gray.

Keys and Gray sexist remarks - Page 4 O

Football is my life and I am devastated by losing the job that I love

Andy Gray

"Such comments were made off-air to work colleagues, and were of course never intended to be broadcast. "I
    was very upset when the comments were brought to my attention, and it
    was my intention to apologise on Monday night when I was back on air for
    the Bolton v Chelsea game. "Sadly I was unable to do so as I was suspended from the show by Sky Sports and have now been sacked. "Football
    is my life and I am devastated by losing the job that I love. I am
    equally upset that third parties have been dragged into this issue. I
    ask that the media respect their privacy so that they can continue in
    their roles. "I have worked for Sky Sports loyally for over 20 years and I do not wish to comment further at this time." Keys said that he was uncertain whether he would continue to work at Sky following Gray's dismissal. "Andy is a tremendously influential person in our business and rewrote the rule book when it came to analysis," added Keys. "I have to ask myself whether I want to carry on." The furore began on Saturday when Keys and Gray, believing their microphones were switched off, were recorded before the

match between Wolves and Liverpool at Molineux

making derogatory comments about Massey's ability to do her job. Speaking ahead of Saturday's Premier League game, Keys added: "Somebody better get down there and explain offside to her." Gray quipped: "Women don't know the offside rule." Keys
    revealed on Wednesday afternoon that he telephoned Massey at half-time
    during Sunday's match between Blackburn and West Brom to apologise for
    the comments.

Keys and Gray sexist remarks - Page 4 _50949406_massey_reuters_226x282
    Massey has found herself at the centre of a media storm

"I telephoned at half-time during the match, I rang on behalf of Andy
    and myself and made it an official apology," he added. "She accepted
    and we enjoyed some banter together. We left on good terms. "I
    expressed my disappointment that Andy and I in having a little bit of
    fun got it wrong. I am sorry and it should not have happened." The
    original incident also saw Keys and Gray discuss comments made by West
    Ham vice-chairman Karren Brady in the Sun newspaper about the levels of
    sexism in football. "See charming Karren Brady this morning complaining about sexism? Yeah. Do me a favour love," stated Keys. But

Keys added on TalkSPORT

that he had unsuccessfully tried to contact Brady to apologise to her. "I
    tried to ring Karren twice on Sunday night," added the 53-year-old.
    "There was no answer on Karren's phone and there is no answerphone on
    it. I texted her in case she did not know who was trying to call and
    asked her to ring me back. "I tried to ring her to say sorry but she did not take my call." Keys
    added that he did not know whether he would be allowed to continue in
    his current role at Sky but hinted that there was an agenda at work. "There's
    a fire-storm raging out there," added Keys. "It is difficult to get
    across the way I am feeling and correct the misinformation that is
    flying about. "We were wrong, it was wrong. It shouldn't have
    happened. It did, what can you do beyond that? I apologised on the
    Sunday. Now, there are some dark forces at work here." Keys and
    Gray have been the face of Sky Sports' football coverage since the
    satellite broadcaster started showing English top-flight matches in
    1992. Soon after Gray was sacked, the Professional Game Match Officials (PGMO) withdrew Massey from Tuesday's game at Crewe.
    Do the honourable thing and quit, Richard! Keys and Gray sexist remarks - Page 4 284837
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:28 am

Yeah, you wouldn't be sorry if you weren't caught. Dumbass.

Though I have to say this was obviously a concentrated attack by someone at work who hated them. Great planning I have to admit.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:30 am

Couldn't of been a woman though, rummaging through all those hours of off air audio? Too much work that.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:19 am

dena wrote:Couldn't of been a woman though, rummaging through all those hours of off air audio? Too much work that.

Laughing

Best article I've read on the matter.

http://iainmacintosh.wordpress.com/2011/01/26/keys-self-destructs-and-it-was-live/
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:31 am

Rei wrote:Yeah, you wouldn't be sorry if you weren't caught. Dumbass.

Though I have to say this was obviously a concentrated attack by someone at work who hated them. Great planning I have to admit.

but the only thing he is guilty of is having been caught! if he wasn't caught he would just possess an opinion. everyone has an opinion.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:02 am

Keys was on talksport for an hour today. Smile
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:03 am

The-Reporter wrote:Keys was on talksport for an hour today. Smile
    the interview is on their website i can only find the first 15 minutes
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:04 am

Doesn't matter. The way he was caught was exposed to the entire world. He represents Sky and Sky did what they felt they had to do to protect their brand. If I go on Facebook or a blog and write "women are too stupid to understand offsides. Don't even try bitches. Stay in the kitchen," I wouldn't expect to keep my job for long. The difference there is that I willfully made my opinion public, he didn't. He thought he was off the air (btw, he was also fired in part for lewd behavior towards a female colleague) . But that's tough. Your $2.7 million per year job is not your right, it's your privilege. And if you fuck up, you could get it ripped.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:14 am

'orrible bastard wrote:but the only thing he is guilty of is having been caught! if he wasn't caught he would just possess an opinion. everyone has an opinion.

Yes, just like people have an opinion that others should be dead. Everyone does have an opinion. Doesn't make it right. What I don't understand is this thing I've noticed in England that anything can be said and it's fine under the label of "banter". It's not what Keyes and Gray said, just taking the words it's just very un-PC, it's their tone that made it so bad.

Last edited by Rei on Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:21 am

Rei wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:but the only thing he is guilty of is having been caught! if he wasn't caught he would just possess an opinion. everyone has an opinion.

Yes, just like people have an opinion that others should be dead. Everyone does have an opinion. Doesn't make it right. What I don't understand is this thing I've noticed in England that anything can be said and it's fine under the label of "banter". It's not what Keyes and Gray said, just taking the words its just very un-PC, its their tone that made it so bad.

i don't think the tone is a giveaway though. who's to say that the dead pan delivery isn't part of the banter. i've said things to my friends before and the only way they could tell i was joking is when i could no longer stifle my laughter.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:23 am

'orrible bastard wrote:
    Rei wrote:

Yes, just like people have an opinion that others should be dead. Everyone does have an opinion. Doesn't make it right. What I don't understand is this thing I've noticed in England that anything can be said and it's fine under the label of "banter". It's not what Keyes and Gray said, just taking the words its just very un-PC, its their tone that made it so bad.

i don't think the tone is a giveaway though. who's to say that the dead pan delivery isn't part of the banter. i've said things to my friends before and the only way they could tell i was joking is when i could no longer stifle my laughter.
    This. I could say 'Your nans dead' to people who know me in a normal serious looking face and they know that its banter.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:49 am

'orrible bastard wrote:i don't think the tone is a giveaway though. who's to say that the dead pan delivery isn't part of the banter. i've said things to my friends before and the only way they could tell i was joking is when i could no longer stifle my laughter.

I take your point, though it seems unlikely that's the case in this situation.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:53 am

It was clearly a set up, the way that the videos were leaked one after each other

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:22 am