Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Welshman Arrested after "Racist remarks" aboout Muamba.

Anonymous

Welshman Arrested after  "Racist remarks" aboout Muamba.  Empty Welshman Arrested after "Racist remarks" aboout Muamba.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:49 pm

Potentially offensive language in spoiler.

Spoiler:

I know this is old news(or at least I think it is) but I didn't see a thread, it might have been posted in the Muamba thread but I don't go in there.

By the way, it's so weird that people get arrested for these kind of things in the UK, this would never happen in the US.(or at least, I've never heard of something like this happening.)

Freedom of Speech is a really big thing here. Even when it's not exactly exercised in a positive way.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2117243/Liam-Stacey-posted-racially-offensive-Twitter-remark-Fabrice-Muamba-collapsed.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

This is the university student facing jail for writing shocking racist internet messages after footballer Fabrice Muamba collapsed with heart failure.

Liam Stacey admitted posting the comments on Twitter, which were forwarded to police by disgusted fellow users.

The 21-year-old undergraduate could be thrown off his biology degree course after his fellow students launched a campaign to have him kicked out.

Today Swansea University bosses confirmed they were investigating whether he should be disciplined.

After pleading guilty to inciting racial hatred yesterday Stacey was released on bail on condition he stays off Twitter and other social networking sites.

And he was warned by magistrates that all options would be considered when he is sentenced next week.

His messages – which started with ‘LOL [laugh out loud]. **** Muamba. He’s dead!!!’ – provoked widespread revulsion and a furious reaction from several Premier League stars.

Bolton player Muamba has been in intensive care since collapsing during Saturday’s FA Cup tie between his side and Tottenham.

As the 23-year-old’s family monitor his condition, a wave of insensitive tweets have caused outrage.

Yesterday Stacey appeared close to tears in court as the details of his comments were relayed to magistrates. Prosecutor Lisa Jones told a court: ‘Fabrice Muamba collapsed on the pitch and was believed to have died. Shortly after, Stacey posted on Twitter: “LOL [laugh out loud], **** Muamba. He’s dead.”

‘A number of persons on the site took issue with the posting and he responded to them furthering his message.’

She went on to describe Stacey’s racist comments directed at other Twitter users – some of who were black men – and which are too offensive to print.

Former England footballer Stan Collymore, who was one of many who passed on Stacey’s messages to police, yesterday told his Twitter followers that officers were investigating other offensive material posted online.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2117243/Liam-Stacey-posted-racially-offensive-Twitter-remark-Fabrice-Muamba-collapsed.html#ixzz1pudjApE6

Welshman Arrested after  "Racist remarks" aboout Muamba.  Article-0-123CB9A9000005DC-192_306x653

Last edited by Ché Guayaba on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:53 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Added second image.)
    Anonymous

Welshman Arrested after  "Racist remarks" aboout Muamba.  Empty Re: Welshman Arrested after "Racist remarks" aboout Muamba.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:41 pm

What is the punishment for racism anyways? Like he was arrested, but does he get jail time? Fined?
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Welshman Arrested after  "Racist remarks" aboout Muamba.  Empty Re: Welshman Arrested after "Racist remarks" aboout Muamba.

Post by Grenade Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:02 pm

I think he gets a fine and a criminal record (fucks his life up career wise). If he's a repeat offender he may serve public service and possibly jail for harassment or some shit.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:41 pm

Which tweet was the racist one?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:55 pm

Updated the OP. Changed the image.(one that includes the racially offensive language)

Also added link.

Unfortunately I first heard about this in a Mexican website and there was no link or image provided just the above picture.
    easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Post by easley91 Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:07 pm

Yeah I went on his profile and saw the tweets at the time, was disgusted. Stan Collymore called the police I believe (at least he said he did in one of his tweets at the time).
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:11 pm

To be fair to the guy, he was consistently being obnoxiously disgusting to everyone, not just Muamba.
    Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:42 am

Top class intelligent tweets there, even by people responding to him. Haven't seen that level of discussion since I was maybe 6. Neutral
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:45 am

Laurencio wrote:To be fair to the guy, he was consistently being obnoxiously disgusting to everyone, not just Muamba.

Good observation. More punishment please! pirat
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:47 am

Well done to Stan Collymore for wasting police time. I mean, really? Neutral This guy is no worse than Leo, just put the miscreant on ignore or block him.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:03 am

GOATarenka wrote:Well done to Stan Collymore for wasting police time. I mean, really? Neutral This guy is no worse than Leo, just put the miscreant on ignore or block him.

Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:17 am

What? The PC brigade are just being overly sensitive because he's saying it about Muamba. Notice how there's no mention of anyone kicking up a fuss about the "AIDS-ridden" comments.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:04 am