Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Mal
Theo Filippo
Scouser_Dave
Zzonked
Lux
menalawyerguy
Childish Logic
Scuba Steve
Jordi
jeb4eva
mac
wellz
Sean
SBSP
Jamie
dena
Cornholio
21 posters

Keys and Gray sexist remarks

Cornholio
    Cornholio

Keys and Gray sexist remarks - Page 2 Empty Re: Keys and Gray sexist remarks

Post by Cornholio Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:30 am

rofl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:31 am

I remember seeing that before. Laughing
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:12 am

Scouser_Dave wrote:Karren Brady would get it Razz
    Shes a dog.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:14 am

Zzonked wrote:I like female lineswomens, they're like cute miniature versions of real linsemen Laughing

Keys and Gray sexist remarks - Page 2 Sian+Massey+Sunderland+v+Blackpool+Premier+EwZxBtUu89Xl
    rofl
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:49 am

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ wrote:

rofl

Richard Keys has hands like a 1970's vagina Neutral
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:01 am

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ wrote:

Keys and Gray sexist remarks - Page 2 70955

That standard of football is absolutely abysmal Surprised
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:53 am

Slap on the wrist

Sky discipline Andy Gray & Richard Keys over comments

Keys and Gray sexist remarks - Page 2 _50924046_011098352-1
    Keys and Gray were talking off-air in the build-up to Wolves v Liverpool

Sky Sports duo Andy Gray and Richard
    Keys have been stood down from Monday's game between Bolton and Chelsea
    after their comments about a female official.
    Believing their
    microphones were off, Keys and Gray agreed that Sian Massey and other
    female assistant referees "did not know the offside rule." The remarks were made before Saturday's match between Wolves and Liverpool. "I don't think any of the comments were anything other than [sexism]," West Ham vice-chairman Karren Brady said. Keys
    and Gray have been the face of Sky Sports football coverage since the
    satellite broadcaster started showing English top-flight matches in
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:13 am

Sky Sports boss Barney Francis has blasted Richard Keys and Andy Gray over their sexist off-camera rant at female official Sian Massey.

The pair have been suspended from tonight's Monday Night Football match between Chelsea and Bolton and MirrorFootball understands they have been threatened with dismissal if there is any repeat performance.

Francis said in a statement:

“I have spoken directly to both Richard Keys and Andy Gray this morning.

“It has been made clear to each of them that their comments were totally unacceptable. 

“Those views are inexcusable, entirely inconsistent with our ethos as a business and employer, and will rightly offend many of our customers, our people, and the wider public.

“They are inexcusable from anyone at Sky, regardless of their role or seniority. 

“We have dealt with this matter by taking immediate disciplinary action.  As with any employee it would not be right to go into detail on those proceedings.

“However, they have been clearly warned about their behaviour and reminded of their responsibilities.

“In addition, Richard and Andy will not be involved in any way with tonight’s live Monday Night Football.”

Sky are understood to be baffled by how Gray and Keys' remarks were leaked.

Conspiracy theories abound that Gray has been targeted by an employee as revenge for his involvement in a phone tapping court case involving the News Of The World, also owned by Sky's ultimate boss Rupert Murdoch.

Insiders are dismissing that - but concede that the taped conversation, in which the pair claimed that female officials "don't know the offside rule" and made derogatory remarks about West Ham's Karren Brady, might have been handed to a newspaper by a technician with a grudge against Gray or Keys.

The comments, while not broadcast, may also have been audible on a feed into the press box and hospitality areas of Molineux, where the duo were covering Wolves' defeat to Liverpool.

laugh
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:34 am

Im not watching Monday Night football then. I hope the cunt who leaked it dies. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:44 am

I wonder whos going to present it instead.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:46 am

Theeeooo wrote:Im not watching Monday Night football then. I hope the cunt who leaked it dies. Neutral

Why? Keys is a clueless, dislikeable cunt.

Gray maybe...I think he talks sense at times, other times not so much, but he's hardly a big loss.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:47 am

Keys is a legend Laughing, and the show would be dead without andy gray
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:49 am

Legend? What the fuck? He is maybe the biggest prick on tv. He's snide, he is ignorant, he doesn't know about football. Only reason he still has the job is because of sentiment.

Also, a number of people who have worked for Sky say that he's an arrogant man who talks down to everyone there.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:02 am

Ben Shepherd or that man who presents the Football League games will do it tonight. I'm guessing. shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:04 am

Imagine the guys from the Football league show, Manish and steve claridge doing it Razz

I wish Alan Hansen and Gary Lineker could do it, they're my favorites not worthy
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:05 am

Steve Claridge = Cunt.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:06 am

I know, hes one of the worst pundits ever Laughing
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:17 am

Andy Gray is a knob head he's an embarrassment for anyone who is British.

Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:01 am

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ wrote:

Keys and Gray sexist remarks - Page 2 70955

Laughing

Oh lawd have mercy.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:04 am

Theeeooo wrote:Im not watching Monday Night football then. I hope the cunt who leaked it dies. Neutral

Keys and Gray are complete utter twats. Clueless at football, and people take there word as gosbel. I hope they get sacked.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:36 am

i think it has been taken way out of context. if you left a mic with any group of lads in the UK, it would hear a barrage of abuse directed at women, blacks, asians, europeans, americans, gingers & the welsh! but only when we are not ripping into each other. my friends and i say the most appalling things about eachother, eachothers families and the different races we represent.

doesn't mean we mean (some of) it!
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:37 am

^^^^

I agree.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:44 am

It's not taking out of context, what they said is what they said, don't see how anyone can misinterpret that. It's just another one of those cases where someone in a position of power, authority, or some kind of influence says something that a regular joe could say without consequence, and gets the whole kitchen sink for it. Just another lesson: when you're in those positions, no matter if you're the president of a country or just a sports pundit, you should always be aware of your surroundings and what you say.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:51 am

Jamie wrote:Legend? What the fuck? He is maybe the biggest prick on tv. He's snide, he is ignorant, he doesn't know about football. Only reason he still has the job is because of sentiment.

Also, a number of people who have worked for Sky say that he's an arrogant man who talks down to everyone there.

Like when he called Walcott a daft little boy in stupid pink boots.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:55 am

From wikipedia Laughing
    In January 2011, Gray was forced to apologise for comments he made about a female assistant referee, Sian Massey, in an English Premier League match. Believing their microphones were switched off, Gray and his fellow commentator Richard Keys stated that females "didn't know the offside rule". The comments were criticised by Sky Sports and the Football Association.[7] On the 24th of January it was annouced that both Gray and Keys would be be banned for one game - missing a game for the first time in Sky Sports history.[8] More embarrasing for Gray, a sex tape has emerged of him and Richard Keys having oral sex.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Gray_(footballer_born_1955)#Commentary_career
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:12 am

dena wrote:It's not taking out of context, what they said is what they said, don't see how anyone can misinterpret that. It's just another one of those cases where someone in a position of power, authority, or some kind of influence says something that a regular joe could say without consequence, and gets the whole kitchen sink for it. Just another lesson: when you're in those positions, no matter if you're the president of a country or just a sports pundit, you should always be aware of your surroundings and what you say.

i have to disagree. we dont know what sort of humour is shared by the sky crew. they didn't know they were still on mic!

another classic keys moment.

Keys and Gray sexist remarks - Page 2 JemmaKeys031

his daughters alright though!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:30 am

i wonder if EA will take action against Andy Gray? perhaps a good opportunity to overhaul the commentary on FIFA '12. i like Clive Tyldesley but i also like the idea of the FIFA franchise having SKY branding. i thought the sponsorship deal EA have with SKY SPORTS might have lead to a more authentic broadcast feel to the game with SKY commentators and on screen graphics!
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:33 am

EA just started finally doing that with ESPN and NCAA College Football, even though they have had agreements for many years now. I doubt EA does anything with this though.

And I would love to have Motson call my games.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:38 am

'orrible bastard wrote:i wonder if EA will take action against Andy Gray? perhaps a good opportunity to overhaul the commentary on FIFA '12. i like Clive Tyldesley but i also like the idea of the FIFA franchise having SKY branding. i thought the sponsorship deal EA have with SKY SPORTS might have lead to a more authentic broadcast feel to the game with SKY commentators and on screen graphics!

They need new commentators. Something fresh, and something new.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:41 am

I think it's funny tbh.

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:24 am