Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
vel
Zzonked
Dagbon
Moose
Jordan Henderchip
The Zlatan
SBSP
Ra's al Ghul
Glen Miller
Keyser Söze
dena
Free_Mustache_Rides
mauro95
Stranger
Scuba Steve
Scouser_Dave
Mason19294828838822
Vela
Theo Filippo
Grenade
menalawyerguy
Jordi
ResurrectionRooney
Scott_LFC
28 posters

Summer Transfers 2014

Zzonked
    Zzonked

Summer Transfers 2014 - Page 4 Empty Re: Summer Transfers 2014

Post by Zzonked Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:01 am

Does a formal transfer request actually do anything?
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:41 pm

Zzonked wrote:Does a formal transfer request actually do anything?
    Don't you forfeit your share (5-10% ?) of the transfer fee?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:04 pm

Zzonked wrote:Does a formal transfer request actually do anything?

Yes, it means you forfeit your loyalty bonus, which is generally pretty substantial, if the transfer goes through. It essentially tops up the transfer fee by a couple of million and makes it easier for the club to spin it to the fans because the player has shown a real desire to leave.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:14 pm

I see. I think Fernandinho forfeited his bonus to join City last summer.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:34 pm

Emre Can appears to be on the brink of signing for us from Bayer.

Summer Transfers 2014 - Page 4 Emre-can_2981497

Good looking. Means he's going to be a star.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:31 am

Another "CL quality" signing to go along with Lambert and Lallana.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:34 am

We're just getting the squad depth sorted first Smile
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:37 am

~£40million on squad depth, nice  Smile What 1st team "CL quality" players can you realistically sign with the remaining ~£10million?
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:42 am

Keyser Söze wrote:~£40million on squad depth, nice  Smile What 1st team "CL quality" players can you realistically sign with the remaining ~£10million?    

Not quite £40 million, plus, we haven't even signed Lallana yet, anyway.

Budget is £70 million plus player sales, according to a reliable source.

They could well all turn out to be CL quality signings. Isn't that something Arsenal have been doing for years? Apart from your recent acquisitions of Ozil and Cazorla, I can't actually remember the last time you signed someone who could be dubbed as "CL quality" at the time.

Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:51 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:~£40million on squad depth, nice  Smile What 1st team "CL quality" players can you realistically sign with the remaining ~£10million?    

They could well all turn out to be CL quality signings. Isn't that something Arsenal have been doing for years? Apart from your recent acquisitions of Ozil and Cazorla, I can't actually remember the last time you signed someone who could be dubbed as "CL quality" at the time.

£25million for Lallana + £4million Lambert + £9.75million for Can= £38.75million how is that not ~£40million?  

What "reliable source"?

No Arsenal fan has proclaimed we do that, we have mass protests about the fact we always sign no-names. It was you that was raving on about how finishing 2nd ment you'd all of a sudden be signing these world class players Laughing Glad you've realised how retarded that statement was.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:54 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

£25million for Lallana + £4million Lambert + £9.75million for Can= £38.75million how is that not ~£40million?  

What "reliable source"?

No Arsenal fan has proclaimed we do that, we have mass protests about the fact we always sign no-names. It was you that was raving on about how finishing 2nd ment you'd all of a sudden be signing these world class players :lol:Glad you've realised how retarded that statement was.

Tony Evans, editor of The Times.

I'd like you to quote these so called posts of mine where I said we'd be signing "world class" players.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:59 am

Tony Evans said so? Then it must be true, not like he's ever gotten anything wrong.

Why? So you can be pedantic and have a page long argument about how you didn't use the exact words "world class"?  Smile 
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:06 am

Keyser Söze wrote:Tony Evans said so? Then it must be true, not like he's ever gotten anything wrong.

Why? So you can be pedantic and have a page long argument about how you didn't use the exact words "world class"?  Smile 

He's one of the more reliable sources out there, working for one of the most reliable Newspapers.

I never said we'd sign world class players, so how about you stop putting words into my mouth?

I said we'd finally be able to attract players we kept missing out on, like Mkhitaryan and Willian.

It's too early to say whether or not we'll see it happen, but I do not believe we'd be able to sign Moreno without the CL football, as shown by how the only LB signing we could pull off last season was that fucking mong, Cissokho, on loan.

I also do not believe Lallana would be so eager to come here had we not finished where we did. City have reportedly been interested in him, also, but he has his heart set on Liverpool.

Don't reckon we would have managed to attract Can, either. He already has CL football with Bayer and starts for them, so why would he come to us if we were languishing outside the top 4?

There's also the reports of us looking at Shaqiri, Sanchez and Pedro. But like I said, it's too early to say whether what I said will prove to be true or not, so all the shit you're spouting is premature.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:18 am

Stop crying about semantics in wording.

Weren't you front runners for Fabregas? Saying there's reports doesn't mean anything  Laughing  You act like you've never been linked with good players till now, you were thinked with both Pedro and Sanchez last season.

City aren't interested in him. He wants to move to Liverpool because they are a step-up from Southampton, if you'd finished just one place above them he'd still have been eager to join.

You didn't even know who Can was 2 weeks ago, now all of a sudden you know is thought process is selecting teams?

Liverpool are clearly the most active top 4 club in the window at this moment and yet you haven't looked like signing anyone to the calibre you had hoped for. Instead you are chasing Can and Lallana and quickly wrapped up Lambert. Things are no different at all.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:27 am

Keyser Söze wrote:Stop crying about semantics in wording.

Weren't you front runners for Fabregas? Saying there's reports doesn't mean anything  Laughing  You act like you've never been linked with good players till now, you were thinked with both Pedro and Sanchez last season.

City aren't interested in him. He wants to move to Liverpool because they are a step-up from Southampton, if you'd finished just one place above them he'd still have been eager to join.

You didn't even know who Can was 2 weeks ago, now all of a sudden you know is thought process is selecting teams?

Liverpool are clearly the most active top 4 club in the window at this moment and yet you haven't looked like signing anyone to the calibre you had hoped for. Instead you are chasing Can and Lallana and quickly wrapped up Lambert. Things are no different at all.

Er, like I said, it's too early to say whether I was right or wrong to say that we can finally attract those players. There are 3 months left to go in the transfer window, for Christ's sake.

I don't think Lallana would have been so eager to move to us if we didn't get in the CL/challenge for the title.

As for Can, it's just simple logic, really. Why would he want to come to us if he was a starter for Bayer, who were better and could offer CL football when we couldn't? It's something that always made it hard for us to sign players.

Like I said, the signing of Cissokho on loan last summer says it all. We couldn't even attract a decent LB. We even signed Moses on loan and only managed to attract a player from Barcelona B, and a striker from a relegation threatened team in La Liga. (Alberto and Aspas).

The only decent signings we made were Sakho, who just wanted a new start somewhere else, and Mignolet, who was playing for a relegation threatened team.

But, mainly, just get it into your head that it's premature to say I was wrong. There's 3 months to go.

"Instead you are chasing Can and Lallana and quickly wrapped up Lambert. Things are no different at all."

3 months to go rofl
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:48 am

Scott_LFC wrote:Er, like I said, it's too early to say whether I was right or wrong to say that we can finally attract those players. There are 3 months left to go in the transfer window, for Christ's sake.

I don't think Lallana would have been so eager to move to us if we didn't get in the CL/challenge for the title.

As for Can, it's just simple logic, really. Why would he want to come to us if he was a starter for Bayer, who were better and could offer CL football when we couldn't? It's something that always made it hard for us to sign players.

Like I said, the signing of Cissokho on loan last summer says it all. We couldn't even attract a decent LB. We even signed Moses on loan and only managed to attract a player from Barcelona B, and a striker from a relegation threatened team in La Liga. (Alberto and Aspas).

The only decent signings we made were Sakho, who just wanted a new start somewhere else, and Mignolet, who was playing for a relegation threatened team.

But, mainly, just get it into your head that it's premature to say I was wrong. There's 3 months to go.

"Instead you are chasing Can and Lallana and quickly wrapped up Lambert. Things are no different at all."

3 months to go rofl

So If you'd have finished 5th Lallana would rather stay at Southampton then play for a prestigious club like Liverpool and earn double, maybe triple, his wages? Yeah, fully agree with that  scratch If you are so confident that you'll sign better players why are you desperately trying to make out that signing Lallana is some sort of coup?

Bayer are not and have never been better than Liverpool  rofl The Bundesliga is a joke, bar Dortmund and Bayern the rest are complete scrubs, even if you'd have finished 5th Can would have saw Liverpool are a more appealing stepping-stone (in his own mind) in his career than Bayer, as would most if not all players.

All of a sudden Alberto is just "a player from Barcelona B" and Apas is just "a striker from a relegation threatened team in La Liga"? You were waxing lyrical about them last summer on this forum  rofl Just goes to show the amount of shit you'll say to justify your ever changing opinions.

Why haven't you once again brought up your excellent point about being linked with all these great players now that you've finished 2nd? Glad I dispelled the moronic theory of yours in my last post.

I don't care how long is left to go, just look at Liverpool's transfer approach and all the statements about wanting to get deals done before the WC. Look how active you are in the window, clearly you want sign players before they inflate price due to the world cup, other teams finally becoming active and saturating the market with bidders and the inevitable increase in prices as the deadline approaches. If you intend to sign these fabulous players you keep mentioning why are you instead putting priority during this "cheap" period in the window on signing scrub players?
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:57 am

Christ, you're dense. We were linked with good players last season too, so obviously I'm not saying that being linked to good players this season means anything. That's not even what I've been saying. It'll only mean something if we actually attract them here.

I even made fun of people on RAWK for saying we're finally being linked to good players instead of Downing, etc, conveniently ignoring the fact we were also linked with the likes of Willian, Mkhitaryan and Costa last Summer.

Like I have said several times now, it's too premature to say that I am wrong, as there's 3 months to go and fuck knows who we'll end up signing.

As for your assessment on Can/Lallana, I disagree. Simple as that. I don't think they'd come to Liverpool had we been in the same position as last season. And no, I don't think Lallana is some world beater, I have criticised the idea of signing him several times in this thread when the rumour first surfaced.

I never waxed lyrical about Aspas, actually. If you go back, you'll find posts where I said he looks shit. I've always thought he looks shit. Get your facts right.

Alberto, I admit, I liked the look of. I still do. He's looked good whenever he's played for us, so I don't know what's going with his lack of playing time. Many have said it's a language barrier.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:05 am

You say being linked with good players as opposed to players like Downing, but I'm not 13 years old, so I can remember what you guys were saying when you signed him. You had mountains of hugely biased statistics suggesting he was actually the best creative player in the league.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:19 am

Scott_LFC wrote:Christ, you're dense. We were linked with good players last season too, so obviously I'm not saying that being linked to good players this season means anything. That's not even what I've been saying. It'll only mean something if we actually attract them here.

I even made fun of people on RAWK for saying we're finally being linked to good players instead of Downing, etc, conveniently ignoring the fact we were also linked with the likes of Willian, Mkhitaryan and Costa last Summer.

Like I have said several times now, it's too premature to say that I am wrong, as there's 3 months to go and fuck knows who we'll end up signing.

As for your assessment on Can/Lallana, I disagree. Simple as that. I don't think they'd come to Liverpool had we been in the same position as last season. And no, I don't think Lallana is some world beater, I have criticised the idea of signing him several times in this thread when the rumour first surfaced.

I never waxed lyrical about Aspas, actually. If you go back, you'll find posts where I said he looks shit. I've always thought he looks shit. Get your facts right.

Alberto, I admit, I liked the look of. I still do. He's looked good whenever he's played for us, so I don't know what's going with his lack of playing time. Many have said it's a language barrier.

Then why have you brought up that point every time I have engaged in a discussion with you about you not signing "CL quality"? If it means "nothing" seems odd that you'd consistently bring it up as some sort of rebuttal point.

Bullshit rofl  Aspas played a preseason game and you basically had an erection about how good you thought he'd be for you. After the Stoke game you wet yourself over how good his "link up play" was.

Of course you'd disagree. You seem so adamant that Liverpool will sign these great players you keep mentioning yet here you are talking up Can (a player you hadn't heard of about 2 weeks ago) and Lallana. Covering your ass because you know it's a high probability they'll be the best of the bunch this summer. And when I say "talking up", I don't mean in terms of ability, you moron. I mean in terms of transfer statues, I thought that was obvious.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:52 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:Christ, you're dense. We were linked with good players last season too, so obviously I'm not saying that being linked to good players this season means anything. That's not even what I've been saying. It'll only mean something if we actually attract them here.

Then why have you brought up that point every time I have engaged in a discussion with you about you not signing "CL quality"? If it means "nothing" seems odd that you'd consistently bring it up as some sort of rebuttal point.

Bullshit rofl  Aspas played a preseason game and you basically had an erection about how good you thought he'd be for you. After the Stoke game you wet yourself over how good his "link up play" was.

Of course you'd disagree. You seem so adamant that Liverpool will sign these great players you keep mentioning yet here you are talking up Can (a player you hadn't heard of about 2 weeks ago) and Lallana. Covering your ass because you know it's a high probability they'll be the best of the bunch this summer. And when I say "talking up", I don't mean in terms of ability, you moron. I mean in terms of transfer statues, I thought that was obvious.

I never brought it up as a rebuttal. I was trying to imply that if we did sign some of those players in the end, then I'd be proven right, but like I've said probably a hundred times now, it's too early for anyone to be right or wrong. Wait until 1st September.

I've never rated Aspas. I've given him credit when he's played well, and the praise during pre-season was tongue in cheek, I did the same when he scored against Shamrock Rovers, as did Glen, but never have I said he was good or "waxed lyrical" about him. Stop lying through your teeth. I went in hard on him when we were first linked because he looked crap.

I'm not adamant that we'll sign great players, but I think we could/should be able to. Like I said, wait until September.

Not talking up Lallana or Can either. Just merely highlighting that in comparison to getting Moses and Cissokho on loan, it's already a step up.
    Mason19294828838822
    Mason19294828838822

Supports : Coventry City

Post by Mason19294828838822 Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:59 am

Senderos to Villa Laughing
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:02 am

You were also excited about Cissokho, but you always knew he was shit, right?

Scott M wrote:
    Sky Sports News ‏
    [ltr]@SkySportsNews[/ltr]

3m
    Sky sources: Liverpool agree deal to sign Valencia defender Aly Cissokho on initial season-long loan #SSN

Hmm, nice. Finally we'll have two decent left backs

Scott M wrote:We also look like we're going to bring in Cissoko, who will improve our left-back position

Yeah, I'm sure all of these were "tongue in cheek"  rofl 

Scott M wrote:Aspas has looked great today. Quite the skilful player.
    Scott M wrote:Great movement from Aspas. He'll score a few of those this season, I think.
    This is you being "tongue in cheek", right?

Scott M wrote:
    Chip wrote:Until Aspas scores goals in the Premier League I will doubt his ability

he was utter shit in Melbourne and his goal was so fucking lucky, Suarez basically shot across the goal line and it hit Aspas then rolled into the goal

Have you even see any replays of it? He directed it into the net with his foot.

Aspas has really impressed during pre-season. 4 goals and 3 assists, if I recall correctly.

What's Borini done? Fuck all.
    Chip speaking sense, Scott refusing to believe. Or is this you being "tongue in cheek"

Scott M wrote:I love how we're signing such technically gifted players these days.
    Only signed Alberto and Aspas.

Scott M wrote:  Swapping Carroll, Adam, Shelvey and Cole for Aspas, Alberto, Coutinho and Sturridge. That’s quite a big step up in quality.
    Carroll, Adam and Shelvey are actually all better than Aspas. Even Cole is at least on par with him.
    Scott M wrote:Summer Transfers 2014 - Page 4 BR8OrcLCQAAjim2
    Coutinho and Aspas  not worthy 
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:01 am

Keyser, at times I doubt your mental health when it comes to your obsession with Scott but I must say that it is excellent in making a tit out of him.
    Mason19294828838822
    Mason19294828838822

Supports : Coventry City

Post by Mason19294828838822 Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:06 am

Scott won't respond to this. 100%.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:23 am

It's like you can't read.

I said in my post that I praised Aspas when he did something good. You've basically picked out the few examples of me doing exactly that. Well done.

"I like how we are signing such technically gifted players these days"

Obviously referring to the likes of Coutinho, Sturridge and Alberto. Don't hand pick quotes to boost your argument Laughing

Sturridge, Coutinho, Alberto and Aspas as a group of players pisses all over the other group. If I had singled out Aspas, then you'd have a point, but I was blatantly looking at 2 different groups of players. Aspas is probably on par with Carroll, Shelvey, Spearing and Cole. If he was at a shit Club, he would show it. Like Borini has been doing at Sunderland.

As for Cissokho, I thought he'd be decent, but it became clear on his debut that he was Bambi on ice, the fucking mong.

Now run along and gather up all the quotes where I slate Aspas. Smile Because you've conveniently left them out.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:37 am

Chip is always right when it comes to Liverpool  not worthy 
    shame he doesn't post anymore
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:49 am

Scott_LFC wrote:I've always thought he looks shit

In the 89 pages of Liverpool threads, these are the only two "negative" comments I could find that you've made about him

About his display in the pre-season game Vs Celtic.
    Scott M wrote:Aspas had a terrible game, didn't get into it at all.

And here you are making what I guess is another "tongue in cheek" compliment about him before really laying into him and making sure we know just how shit you think he is

Scott M wrote:
    Moriarty wrote:What do people think about Aspas? think  I thought he looked good enough against Stoke, but he seemed quite poor at Villa. He doesn't seem capable of getting us more than maybe 10 league goals, but he seems like a massive upgrade on the other options like Borini, Downing, Assaidi, etc.
    I thought he was really good against Stoke. Showed some really good touches and showed that he was on a similar wavelength to his team-mates, with regards to knowing where to be/where to put the ball.

From what I've seen of the Villa game, he was quiet,but so was Coutinho. It's going to be a tough place to play this season and I can see quite a few players coming unstuck there.

I am looking forward to seeing more of Alberto's brilliance tonight.

Fuck, not "quiet". Never have I seen such scathing criticism.  
    But it's OK, you immediately excuse his "quietness" by saying so was Coutinho and that this won't be the last time a player of Aspas's amazing ability will struggle vs Villa.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:53 am

Again, cherry-picking quotes. You're not exactly going to post a bunch of quotes that destroy your argument, are you? :lol:I would do it if I could be bothered/knew how to use this shit search function on here. I clearly remember slating him, so I know the posts are there somewhere. Pretending you can't find any isn't going to fool anyone.

EDIT: Btw, as if you looked through 89 pages. If you did, well that's just incredibly sad.

Last edited by Scott_LFC on Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:56 am

Scott_LFC wrote:Again, cherry-picking quotes. You're not exactly going to post a bunch of quotes that destroy your argument, are you? :lol:I would do it if I could be bothered/knew how to. I clearly remember slating him, so I know the posts are there somewhere. Pretending you can't find any isn't going to fool anyone.

"Blah blah blah, I could find posts if I wanted but I can't be bothered, blah blah blah...."  rofl  

Go ahead, seriously.

I didn't use the search function, I just looked through the last three Liverpool threads on this forum, stretching back to when you signed him.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:59 am

Find the thread about us being linked to/signing Aspas.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:11 pm