Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Free_Mustache_Rides
Stranger
The Zlatan
vel
Ra's al Ghul
Scott_LFC
Scuba Steve
Grenade
Zzonked
SBSP
RessurectionRooney
15 posters

Summer Transfers 2015

ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Summer Transfers 2015 Empty Summer Transfers 2015

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed May 20, 2015 8:42 am

As good a time as any to start this. The terms of the contract being suggested for Milner to prevent him moving are absolutely astonishing.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/manchester-city/story/2457250/man-city-offer-james-milner-new-four-year-contract-to-stay--

Raheem Sterling was apparently booed tonight as he went to collect an award at a Liverpool dinner. Real Madrid bound David De Gea was applauded as he picked up his at the United equivalent. Good to see some class and dignity being shown.
    RessurectionRooney
    RessurectionRooney

Summer Transfers 2015 Empty Re: Summer Transfers 2015

Post by RessurectionRooney Wed May 20, 2015 1:48 pm

Someone please change my diaper before I shit myself again.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed May 20, 2015 2:20 pm

rofl
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu May 21, 2015 12:45 am

I'm more bothered about the fact that it's a 4 year contract than the money. He's not good enough to be a first team starter now, I can't imagine he's going to be any better aged 33 when that contract ends.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu May 21, 2015 2:24 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:As good a time as any to start this.  The terms of the contract being suggested for Milner to prevent him moving are absolutely astonishing.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/manchester-city/story/2457250/man-city-offer-james-milner-new-four-year-contract-to-stay--

Raheem Sterling was apparently booed tonight as he went to collect an award at a Liverpool dinner.  Real Madrid bound David De Gea was applauded as he picked up his at the United equivalent.  Good to see some class and dignity being shown.

Summer Transfers 2015 Troll_fail
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu May 21, 2015 3:32 am

Zzonked wrote:I'm more bothered about the fact that it's a 4 year contract than the money. He's not good enough to be a first team starter now, I can't imagine he's going to be any better aged 33 when that contract ends.

Absolutely, it's insane. Why Raheem Sterling is getting so much shit for his prospective transfer and supposed demands while this overhyped "overrated underrated" cunt is getting none I don't know. Is it because he's nearly 30? Jamie Carragher's high pitched inane rant on Monday night seemed to indicate that a 20 year old shouldn't be "taking on the club" when talking about Sterling, maybe it is OK for a 29 year old.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu May 21, 2015 4:15 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:I'm more bothered about the fact that it's a 4 year contract than the money. He's not good enough to be a first team starter now, I can't imagine he's going to be any better aged 33 when that contract ends.

Absolutely, it's insane.  Why Raheem Sterling is getting so much shit for his prospective transfer and supposed demands while this overhyped "overrated underrated" cunt is getting none I don't know.  Is it because he's nearly 30?  Jamie Carragher's high pitched inane rant on Monday night seemed to indicate that a 20 year old shouldn't be "taking on the club" when talking about Sterling, maybe it is OK for a 29 year old.

Do you genuinely think the two situations are comparable or are you trolling?

Sterling is getting shit from pundits because he's demanding insane wages for a youngster, especially considering he hasn't actually been THAT good this season. And he's also now trying to force a move to one of the "giants" when he hasn't proved himself to a player of that level. (Compare all of this to how Coutinho, who's a better player than Sterling anyway, has handled signing a new contract with Liverpool, and it'll put it into perspective how much of a twat Sterling/his agent is being).

Whereas Milner is only after playing time, so you can't blame him for wanting to move to a Club where this is more likely. He's not taking on the Club at all. The Club is merely trying to persuade him to stay with a huge wage increase.

Or to put it even more simply

Sterling is DEMANDING higher wages and Liverpool have refused to budge on the £100k offered so far, whereas Milner wants to leave to get more game time, so City are OFFERING insane amounts of money to keep him.

ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu May 21, 2015 5:31 am

Scott_LFC wrote:

Absolutely, it's insane.  Why Raheem Sterling is getting so much shit for his prospective transfer and supposed demands while this overhyped "overrated underrated" cunt is getting none I don't know.  Is it because he's nearly 30?  Jamie Carragher's high pitched inane rant on Monday night seemed to indicate that a 20 year old shouldn't be "taking on the club" when talking about Sterling, maybe it is OK for a 29 year old.

Do you genuinely think the two situations are comparable or are you trolling?

Sterling is getting shit from pundits because he's demanding insane wages for a youngster, especially considering he hasn't actually been THAT good this season. And he's also now trying to force a move to one of the "giants" when he hasn't proved himself to a player of that level. (Compare all of this to how Coutinho, who's a better player than Sterling anyway, has handled signing a new contract with Liverpool, and it'll put it into perspective how much of a twat Sterling/his agent is being).

Whereas Milner is only after playing time, so you can't blame him for wanting to move to a Club where this is more likely. He's not taking on the Club at all. The Club is merely trying to persuade him to stay with a huge wage increase.

Or to put it even more simply

Sterling is DEMANDING higher wages and Liverpool have refused to budge on the £100k offered so far, whereas Milner wants to leave to get more game time, so City are OFFERING insane amounts of money to keep him.

So age does come into it then?  I don't think it should, players should be paid based on their talent and the value they'll provide to the club over the term of the contract, not how old they are.  Bringing age into it really makes me see why someone like Sterling needs an agent who'll look after his interests, otherwise he'll be looked down on simply because of the number on his birth certificate.  I suppose this explains why Gerrard gets a guard of honour walking out on you for nothing to go to another club whereas when he tried to do it at 24 he was temporarily a hate figure.

Neither Milner nor Sterling are taking on their clubs, that is a nonsensical way to look at a contract negotiation.  Both sides are trying to come to an agreement and each wants one that maximises the value to them.

Sterling, or his representatives have ASKED FOR higher wages, Liverpool refused and have tried to force his hand by leaking details to the media in an attempt to make him look like a "money grabbing 20 year old".  Now he has ASKED to leave, he has not demanded anything.  You need to be in a position of power to make demands, he isn't, Liverpool have him on a two year deal that drastically underpays him and the manager has is on record as saying he'll keep him against his will.

Milner is actually in a position to make demands of course, because he can leave at the end of the season or sign a contract with another club tomorrow.  It's funny that you believe him when sources close to him say it's not about money, it's about playing time, but when Sterling comes out and says it's not about the money on national TV you think he is a liar.

Also, if he's not that good, Coutinho's better anyway, he's not worth big money etc., I expect Liverpool will have problem letting him go for a low transfer fee?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu May 21, 2015 8:44 am

Telegraph and Mail reporting that United are in for Sterling.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Thu May 21, 2015 8:45 am

Manchester City seems more likely imho opinion.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu May 21, 2015 9:33 am

Rafa to Real Madrid a done deal apparently. All over Twitter.

Rafa not worthy

Oh, and RR, stop talking out of your arse. If you want to troll, this isn't really a good place.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu May 21, 2015 9:44 am

Guardian and Times reporting it as well. Hope this doesn't happen, it will cost an absolute fortune.

Scott, you explain to me what he is doing that is so bad.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu May 21, 2015 9:48 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Guardian and Times reporting it as well.  Hope this doesn't happen, it will cost an absolute fortune.

Scott, you explain to me what he is doing that is so bad.

Nope.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu May 21, 2015 10:37 am

Could you if you wanted to?
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu May 21, 2015 11:42 am

Try somewhere else.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu May 21, 2015 5:45 pm

Guess Barca are winning the league next year as well then.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu May 21, 2015 9:39 pm

“I don’t care about the PR of the club and the club situation. I don’t care.

“He is definitely not signing. He’s not signing for £700, £800, £900 thousand a week. He is not signing.

“My job is to make sure I do the best with them (my clients). If people say I am bad at my job, or they are badly advised it does not matter.”

“Carragher is a knob. Everybody knows it. Any of the criticism from current pundits or ex-Liverpool players - none of them things matter to me. It is not relevant.”

“I am not worried. Worried is making a decision not knowing what is going to happen. Every premier league club will make a bid for him.”

Sterling's Agent rofl

(allegedly)

Last edited by ResurrectionRooney on Thu May 21, 2015 10:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu May 21, 2015 10:29 pm

He's now denied the quotes and is threatening legal action against The Standard for publishing that.

What a mess.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Thu May 21, 2015 10:51 pm

I thought the best young player since Ronaldo would deserve high wages?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu May 21, 2015 10:55 pm

"Best young player in Europe" according to Brendan Rodgers. He said this when Neymar was playing Europe.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu May 21, 2015 10:57 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:"Best young player in Europe" according to Brendan Rodgers.  He said this when Neymar was playing Europe.

Neymar is 3 years older.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu May 21, 2015 11:06 pm

He was still a young player FFS!
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu May 21, 2015 11:08 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:He was still a young player FFS!

Clearly, Rodgers meant the same age-band as Sterling.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu May 21, 2015 11:35 pm

I see, whenever he says something stupid he actually means something different to what he says.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Thu May 21, 2015 11:42 pm

“Carragher is a knob. Everybody knows it."
    rofl
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri May 22, 2015 4:12 am

Guardian article on this Sterling situation.

STERLING SLIDES

As we all know, Liverpool Football Club is special. Different. Classy. Unique. Special. Unique. Classy. Unique. Iconic. Unique. Special. Unique. Clubby. Clubbish. Clubesque. Special. Unique. Increasingly irrelevant. Over the hill. Past-it. Yesterday’s news. Special. Unique. Iconic. Unique. Special. Special. Special. Unique. Liverpool Football Club are special. And unique. And special. And classy. They’re special and specially unique and uniquely specially and specially special and uniquely classy and they have a different way of doing things, you wouldn’t understand, you just wouldn’t, because you’re not special, or classy, or unique, you’re not Liverpool Football Club, and you wouldn’t understand, so don’t even bother, just accept it, they’re the best football team in the tra-la-la-la land.

Liverpool Football Club’s specialness and uniqueness and classiness naturally places them in a position to pat lesser clubs on the head and let them know of their place in the food chain. Clubs, say, like Southampton, who were browbeaten into selling Adam Lallana and Dejan Lovren to mighty Liverpool last summer. “They have a choice as a club,” Liverpool’s head guru, Brendan Rodgers, roared last August. “They don’t have to sell. You have a choice. Maybe Southampton’s objectives have changed. They were looking to be a [Big Cup] club, I believe. They obviously wanted to change. There might be one or two others who leave. It’s just the way it works.” It’s. Just. The. Way. It. Works.

Words to live by. Poetry in motion that comes to mind now that Raheem Sterling is busy letting Liverpool know that the way it works is that he would like to leave in the summer, maybe join a bigger club, play for a team who actually have a chance of winning something in the near future, that there’s only so many times he can hear about the Miraculous Miracle of Istanbul before he’s forced to go all Van Gogh on his ears.

Treason! Naturally Sterling’s desire to play for a good team has been met with fury and The Fiver assumes he has spent the day locked in Melwood’s Re-education Chamber, a crack team of Phil Thompson, John Bishop and John Aldridge taking it in turns to hammer home the uniqueness and specialness and classiness of Liverpool Football Club, making sure Sterling knows that he will forever walk alone if he joins Manchester City, a terrifying prospect indeed. It’s just the way it works.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Fri May 22, 2015 9:34 am

What a funny article.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Tue May 26, 2015 11:10 am

I don't understand why Liverpool didn't just offer Sterling the money he wanted? I'd say he's the best young (u21) player in Europe and probably deserves that money based on his talent alone. They shouldn't expect blind loyalty like Suarez gave them when he was being underpaid.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Wed May 27, 2015 8:49 am

Grenade wrote:I don't understand why Liverpool didn't just offer Sterling the money he wanted? I'd say he's the best young (u21) player in Europe and probably deserves that money based on his talent alone. They shouldn't expect blind loyalty like Suarez gave them when he was being underpaid.

That's assuming that money is the main issue though. Even if they offered him 150k a week, City or Chelsea would probably offer the same and have a better chance of winning things.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed May 27, 2015 9:28 am

Why would you expect unwavering loyalty from Sterling anyway? Pretty sure Liverpool know what he's about, they've already had to make him the highest paid player in his age group twice just to please him. So I don't think they expect blind loyalty from him, they're probably just a little shocked that so soon after making his breakthrough season and with only 2 year left on his contract he's pushing for a move so publicly and aggressively.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:56 am