Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
samiz
mauro95
Cam
Mason19294828838822
Theo Filippo
ResurrectionRooney
Scouser_Dave
Glen Miller
Grenade
Kuled
Novi
Jordi
Jordan Henderchip
Zzonked
menalawyerguy
The Zlatan
El_indian
Alan
Stranger
Eternal Witcher
Dagbon
Vela
26 posters

Liverpool FC Official Thread

Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool FC Official Thread

Post by Glen Miller Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:57 pm

CL football is guaranteed. Smile  Time to take the foot off the gas, what a season this has been.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:00 am

Glen Miller wrote:CL football is guaranteed. Smile  Time to take the foot off the gas, what a season this has been.

Don't you almost feel like you don't want next season to come? Surely it'll never be as good as this, again.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:01 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Glen Miller wrote:CL football is guaranteed. Smile  Time to take the foot off the gas, what a season this has been.

Don't you almost feel like you don't want next season to come? Surely it'll never be as good as this, again.
    Agreed.  I feel blessed to be able to watch such a talented group of lads every week.  Smile  I just feel that next season, we will sign a few bad eggs and injuries will destroy the season.
    Eternal Witcher
    Eternal Witcher

Post by Eternal Witcher Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:09 am

About time the deflections started swinging our way. More relief than anything else. That defence, bar Skretel....embarrassingly clumsy. Johnson needs to work on his throw ins.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:12 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:About time the deflections started swinging our way. More relief than anything else. That defence, bar Skretel....embarrassingly clumsy. Johnson needs to work on his throw ins.

Did you see when we were comfortably in possession, passing it around, only for it to reach Johnson, who stood there like a statue and got tackled and Norwich piled forward?

Christ. Pathetic.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:13 am

It's astonishing that Skrtel is our least clumsy defender and we are still in with a great chance of a top 2 finish.
    Eternal Witcher
    Eternal Witcher

Post by Eternal Witcher Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:18 am

Don't know what was with Johnson today, looked all over the place. Especially the one in the final minutes where he decided to take the ball backwards and ended up chasing a Norwich breakaway. And I really don't like Sakho and Mignolet combining on the ground. Nope. Nope. Nope.

The way the game went, can't help but focus on the errors. But Sterling just keeps improving by the game, and he's still only 19 I think. Allen's looking the part as well.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:28 am

Not sure what Lucas was doing today, either.  Especially in the 94th minute, when Sterling had it under control with a challenge from Olsson and Lucas just came out of nowhere and tractored Olsson in the back.  You could see Stevie G in the background looking exasperated.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:30 am

Glen Miller wrote:Not sure what Lucas was doing today, either.  Especially in the 94th minute, when Sterling had it under control with a challenge from Olsson and Lucas just came out of nowhere and tractored Olsson in the back.  You could see Stevie G in the background looking exasperated.

I punched my pillow very hard when that happened.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:33 am

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 2 2qwoqax

dat form.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:34 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Glen Miller wrote:Not sure what Lucas was doing today, either.  Especially in the 94th minute, when Sterling had it under control with a challenge from Olsson and Lucas just came out of nowhere and tractored Olsson in the back.  You could see Stevie G in the background looking exasperated.

I punched my pillow very hard when that happened.
    I was going to do the same thing, but on Easter Sunday of all days, I simply asked myself:

"What would Stevie do?"

With no disk jockey on hand, I did the next best thing and put a cricket bat through my iHome.
    Dagbon
    Dagbon

Post by Dagbon Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:43 am

Keyser Söze wrote:It's a scrub league anyway this year, not worth winning. Manchester United in transition, Chelsea a little horse so not ready yet, Manchester City have such a small squad, Spurs lost Bale and bought in too many players and Arsenal lost Walcott and Ramsey, Giroud and Ozil need those runners.
    This post reeks of sarcasm but you're right. Picked a good year to stop being shit.

7 points to go.
    Eternal Witcher
    Eternal Witcher

Post by Eternal Witcher Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:45 am

Suarez now needs two for the league record?
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:47 am

Believe it's 4?

He's already the only one to have reached 30 without any penalties, though.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:43 am

Scott_LFC wrote:Believe it's 4?

No. Andy Cole got 34 goals without any penalties.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:00 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:Believe it's 4?

No. Andy Cole got 34 goals without any penalties.

Sky were misinformed, then.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:01 am

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 2 YiG6O2k
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:43 am

I am guessing he is the first to reach 30 without penalties in a 38 game season.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:19 am

Feels surreal that we've cemented a place in the CL group stages. It's going to be a hard group, but that'll just make it better. Back in the CL with a bang. I hope we get one or two of the massive Clubs. Would like to see us draw Bayern or Barcelona.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:26 am

I hope we draw a terrible group.  Something like Benfica, Zenit, and APOEL would hit the spot.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:43 am

Scott_LFC wrote:Feels surreal that we've cemented a place in the CL group stages. It's going to be a hard group, but that'll just make it better. Back in the CL with a bang. I hope we get one or two of the massive Clubs. Would like to see us draw Bayern or Barcelona.

Are you hoping that you benefit from Europe not being a distraction again then?
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:49 am

Zzonked wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:Feels surreal that we've cemented a place in the CL group stages. It's going to be a hard group, but that'll just make it better. Back in the CL with a bang. I hope we get one or two of the massive Clubs. Would like to see us draw Bayern or Barcelona.

Are you hoping that you benefit from Europe not being a distraction again then?

Nah, I just want to see us play against the big boys again. It's been long overdue.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:57 am

We can play against the big boys in the latter rounds, let's get through the group stages and enhance our coefficient with a strong showing. Smile
    Stranger
    Stranger

Supports : Barcelona, PSG, Bayern

Post by Stranger Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:58 am

Congratulations. Smile
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:00 am

Stranger wrote:

Congratulations. Smile
    Thanks. Can watch the final 3 games in a relaxed manner now.  Smile
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:09 am

Sterling is better than Chamberlain and Walcott.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:20 am

Scott_LFC wrote:Sterling is better than Chamberlain and Walcott.
    Sterling is better than any Arsenal player.  Smile
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:55 am

Glen Miller wrote:We can play against the big boys in the latter rounds, let's get through the group stages and enhance our coefficient with a strong showing. Smile

This is the opinion I agree with.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:58 am

Zzonked wrote:
    Glen Miller wrote:We can play against the big boys in the latter rounds, let's get through the group stages and enhance our coefficient with a strong showing. Smile

This is the opinion I agree with.
    We are just learning from your mistakes, both in the long-term and short-term.  Smile
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:23 pm

3 games away from the title.  bernie 

Chelsea (h)
    Crystal Palace (a)
    Newcastle (h)

5 points ahead of Chelsea, and 3 points ahead of Man City, assuming they win their game in hand.

Seriously, what the fuck?

Is it actually going to happen?

Or are we about to see the biggest bottle job in the history of football?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 2:02 pm