Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
Sean
SJH
Ra's al Ghul
vel
Theo Filippo
Keyser Söze
ResurrectionRooney
Jordan Henderchip
Trig
Eternal Witcher
Iscquin
Juvendinho
BigJ0526
dena
Scuba Steve
Phadunkin Donuts
Bye_Ya
SophisticatedBeggar
Jorlung
wellz
limerickcitykid
Forest
Cam
Muhkoo
Keanoo
Harrold
Bushido
fluffy_kittens
Weather130
The Maestro
VivaRonaldoLAD
Glen Miller
36 posters

Major League Soccer (MLS) Thread

Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Major League Soccer (MLS) Thread - Page 29 Empty Re: Major League Soccer (MLS) Thread

Post by Scuba Steve Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:22 am

I know right? Also, Leon bought Ibarra from Minnesota.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Major League Soccer (MLS) Thread - Page 29 Empty Re: Major League Soccer (MLS) Thread

Post by Keyser Söze Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:30 am

It's cute how excited US fans get over pointless friendly victories Laughing
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:09 am

Not so bad when the B teams can go over there and do the business against other B teams.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:37 am

Keyser Söze wrote:It's cute how excited US fans get over pointless friendly victories Laughing  
    Agreed. Laughing
    Free_Mustache_Rides

Post by Free_Mustache_Rides Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:25 am

Y’all always have to be negative as fuck.

No one is excited about winning but of how the team has improved when it comes to things like possesion, something the US hasn't been known for.

I hate this "pointless friendlies" attitude people have. Of course they are important, how the fuck else are international managers supposed to prepare for international competition?
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:35 am

A lot of people are talking seriously about the US becoming a force in international football off the back of these two games.....
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:39 am

Magic pixie dust. What do you think no Jimenez tonight?
    Free_Mustache_Rides

Post by Free_Mustache_Rides Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:53 am

Keyser Söze wrote:A lot of people are talking seriously about the US becoming a force in international football off the back of these two games.....
    okay, that's pretty stupid.

Scuba Steve wrote:Magic pixie dust. What do you think no Jimenez tonight?
    I don't know. For as long as I can remember Jimenez has been pretty frustrating when he plays for Mexico. He's obviously talented but out of every three ”jugadas” he cocks up two of them. I guess that could have a lot to do because of lack of playing time and him just not being sharp. Vouso is nowhere near as talented as Jimenez but he had a good season there aren't many better options than him right now so I guess it makes sense. I imagine not too many people are happy with the decision though.

The whole Gold Cup, Copa America, U-20, and Toulon Tournament all taking place in a relatively short amount time means Mexico is spread super thin, man.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:25 am

Yeah but I've seen that claim about the US becoming a force in exactly one place. Here. 

And did you all win the Toulon tournament. I know you all made the final. We ended up third, beat England. That jokester Julian Green scored the winner. But I agree there is almost too much soccer going on for us CONCACAF folks, especially Mexico when you add in the WWC too.
    Free_Mustache_Rides

Post by Free_Mustache_Rides Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:01 am

Nope, didn't even make the final. Lost to Morroco. I completely forgot about the tournament until I heard Mexico beat England.

U-20 was a disaster too. Didn't even make it out of the group stages. I want to blame the manager for that though, I actually thought this squad had it in em to get farther.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:16 pm

Oh. For some reason I thought you all had played in the final. U20 WC has been a disappointment for most of CONCACAF. You all didn't advance to the KO, Honduras got clipped 3-0 by Fiji and didn't advance, and Panama didn't get through after drawing Argentina in the first game (though Argentina didn't get through either).

We didn't look great against Myanmar, falling behind early before winning. Did well against New Zealand, but then shit the bed in the second half against Ukraine, giving up 3 in a 3-0 loss. Barely got by Colombia in the Round of 16 (survived late red card and penalty), and have Serbia next. 

Not a bad run, but I think we're going to lose to Serbia. 

Also interesting to see how many players in this tournament have appeared for the full national teams. It's been 21 players. Mostly for some of the smaller teams. We have two -- Rubio Rubin and Emerson Hyndman (not surprisingly, two of our more experienced professional players).
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:55 pm

Scuba Steve wrote:Yeah but I've seen that claim about the US becoming a force in exactly one place. Here. 
    Since the two games this is the only website you've visited? scratch
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:06 pm

Damn Honduran FA. No chill. Your boys didn't play that bad.

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/the91stminute/2015/06/the-honduran-fa-forced-its-players-to-take-off-their-team-gear-after-the-u20-world-cup/#more-38657
    Free_Mustache_Rides

Post by Free_Mustache_Rides Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:55 am

You can't treat la gloriosa mini H, like this.

Wouldn't care if something like that happened to the Mexican players though. They deserve it.
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:14 am

Dempsey is an idiot.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:37 am

That was pretty funny though. Can't imagine he'll be suspended by MLS though. There is some precedent here. Suspensions by USSF don't apply to league play like they would in England and the FA. Best example of this is when Blanco head butted a D.C. United official after being sent off in a US Open Cup game in 2008. USSF took a dim view of the situation, and suspended him for 2 years worth of Open Cup games (he left Chicago after the 2009 season, so it really didn't matter much to him).

MLS' only punishment for Blanco was a $7500 fine (or like 5 minutes worth of a paycheck for him). 

What Dempsey did was extremely petulant, and I know it violated all sorts of things you aren't suppose to do (and technically it is "assault" under USSF's rule book), but it wasn't violent, and didn't endanger any one's safety. Apparently he could be facing a three month ban (according to USSF's rule book, again, for assault), but I have trouble believing that will happen. 

Though any USSF sanction might make him miss the Gold Cup next month as well.
    Free_Mustache_Rides

Post by Free_Mustache_Rides Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:11 am

So did Dempsey end up being suspended from the gold cup as well or nah?

Also, there's a rumor going around that Angel Reyna might be headed to the mls. He's more trouble than he's worth to be honest, would be glad to see him go
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:43 pm

No. He got suspended for 3 MLS games, 6 US Open cup games.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:01 am

So Che, you going to start going to Gals games to watch Gio?
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:09 pm

I was at the Philadelphia Union match.  Down to ten men after just 20 minutes and still beat DC. Smile
    Free_Mustache_Rides

Post by Free_Mustache_Rides Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:37 pm

@steve nope it would feel weird. The Galaxy is having a friendly with Club America soon and I have family and friends trying to convince me to go but just the thought of those two teams bring in the same stadium I'm in makes me itch.

Would also hate for Gio to go to the Galaxy.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:08 am

Glen: That was a terrible game to go to haha. The red for Sapong was completely bs. Union were much better than United though with only 10 men. Wenger should have scored just before Ayuk, but the double post was funny to watch.

Che: Apparently MLS is going to announce a new rule today, and the feeling is that it is going to be related to LA signing Gio (since they already have 3 DPs). Also, Gio apparently snap chatted a picture that said "vente al galaxy" or something like that.
    Trig
    Trig

Formerly known as : And0TheGr8

Post by Trig Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:24 pm

Scuba Steve wrote:Glen: That was a terrible game to go to haha. The red for Sapong was completely bs. Union were much better than United though with only 10 men. Wenger should have scored just before Ayuk, but the double post was funny to watch.

Che: Apparently MLS is going to announce a new rule today, and the feeling is that it is going to be related to LA signing Gio (since they already have 3 DPs). Also, Gio apparently snap chatted a picture that said "vente al galaxy" or something like that.

I've heard talk of Chicha to Orlando as well
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:59 pm

Yeah and Orlando need someone who can finish. Apparently his reps are at least talking to Orlando City, but not quite sure if he will sign there. 

In more important Chicarito news, he broke his collar bone tonight against Honduras. So not only has Mexico looked poor in their last two friendlies, but now Hernandez is probably going to miss the Gold Cup. Which of course now means they'll win it all.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:35 pm

Scuba Steve wrote:Glen: That was a terrible game to go to haha. The red for Sapong was completely bs. Union were much better than United though with only 10 men. Wenger should have scored just before Ayuk, but the double post was funny to watch.

Not to mention the torrential rain that forced them to halt the match for an hour. facepalm
    Free_Mustache_Rides

Post by Free_Mustache_Rides Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:15 pm

Major League Soccer (MLS) Thread - Page 29 11401220_1173531569329012_8569145842948635757_n
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:25 pm

Not a retirement home

http://www.espnfc.us/soccer-transfers/story/2514095/andrea-pirlo-joins-new-york-city-fc-from-juventus
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:41 am

Major League Soccer (MLS) Thread - Page 29 Atlant10
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:29 am

Major League Soccer (MLS) Thread - Page 29 Gerrard2_3368154b

Can't believe we've lost him, he has so much to offer.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:17 am

Preki to become the manager at Leicester City  Laughing (I actually think he's leaving Sac Republic to be an assistant somewhere in England, surely not the actual manager of Leicester. Could you imagine those optics? PL team choosing a third division American manager??)

Last edited by Scuba Steve on Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:08 pm