Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Novi
Glen Miller
Carlos Jenkinson
Phadunkin Donuts
Gegilworld93
Mustangt125
Forest
Kelloggg8
Bushido
CollieBuddz
Zzonked
Mal
dena
SBSP
Bye_Ya
19 posters

My State Legalized Weed

Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

My State Legalized Weed - Page 2 Empty Re: My State Legalized Weed

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:00 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    Bye_Ya wrote:

What do you have against it?

Weed is like any other drug that has bad effects of the body. If you want to use it for medical purposes, then just make it acceptable under certain controlled situations (which is already what happens in several states).

There is absolutely nothing to gain by making the recreational use of pot legal. I just find it silly when people cite scientific/medical uses for a drug even though they never think or intend to use that drug for those reasons. It's like when people argue that a glass of wine is good for your heart. Do you honestly drink alcohol for the health benefits or smoke pot because you are suffering from sever chronic pain?

You become more social, your awareness is broadened, you're relieved of pain, your lung capacity increases etc

Only bad effects are paranoia, but that such as fuck isn't severe

There's also tourism, tax and money made easily. It can cost $100 for a good seed which can turn into 1000's easily. The Netherlands sure as hell wouldn't get as much tourism as they do without the red light district and Marijuana which is why they can afford to make their country easily stable
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:57 am

I do think there are a lot of negative side effects if you do it all the time. I've seen a few guys slowly ruin their life by smoking it most days. It's like anything though, too much is bad, moderation is fine. So long as people don't go OTT being legal is great. If it was legal here, I'd treat it like alcohol, only every now and then.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:00 am

What a disgusting decision.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:16 am

Glen Damon wrote:What a disgusting decision.
    It's okay Glen, the place will go to shit and it will just show every other state to not make the same mistake, this will be where everyone learns for the better and it will never be considered again. Smile
    Novi
    Novi

Supports : Arsenal

Post by Novi Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:28 am

Great decision, hopefully others follow.
    Novi
    Novi

Post by Novi Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:29 am

Carlos Jenkinson wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

Weed is like any other drug that has bad effects of the body. If you want to use it for medical purposes, then just make it acceptable under certain controlled situations (which is already what happens in several states).

There is absolutely nothing to gain by making the recreational use of pot legal. I just find it silly when people cite scientific/medical uses for a drug even though they never think or intend to use that drug for those reasons. It's like when people argue that a glass of wine is good for your heart. Do you honestly drink alcohol for the health benefits or smoke pot because you are suffering from sever chronic pain?

You become more social, your awareness is broadened, you're relieved of pain, your lung capacity increases etc

There's also tourism, tax and money made easily. It can cost $100 for a good seed which can turn into 1000's easily. The Netherlands sure as hell wouldn't get as much tourism as they do without the red light district and Marijuana which is why they can afford to make their country easily stable

At the start of next year tourists wont be able to buy it. Only people who live there.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:45 am

I'm still waiting for ahly to bring up as to why legalizing it is bad.

He just keeps saying the same general bullshit without explaining his own opinion.
    Novi
    Novi

Post by Novi Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:58 am

Its just a plant at the end of they day. Alcohol is waaaaaaaay more harmful to your body.

Its only bad if you take it to try and solve your problems. Same as alcohol really.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:10 am

I don't understand that logic.

alcohol is worse so weed should be legal.

Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:11 am

Novi wrote:Its just a plant at the end of they day. Alcohol is waaaaaaaay more harmful to your body.

These two sentences drive me fucking nuts. You do know that there are countless poisonous plants out there? Does the fact that they're plants reduce their effect in any way? Also, saying that it's less harmful than alcohol is only an argument for making alcohol illegal, not making marijuana legal. The fact of the matter is that they are both harmful substances.

For me personally, I just don't understand the point of going out of your way to distort reality as you perceive it. We're blessed with minds that basically have no limits so why do people feel the need to create these superficial experiences by ingesting mind-altering substances?

Edit: Fuck you, NZG.

Last edited by BladeGunner on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:11 am

It's childish logic if anything.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:11 am

Novi wrote:Its just a plant at the end of they day. Alcohol is waaaaaaaay more harmful to your body.

Its only bad if you take it to try and solve your problems. Same as alcohol really.

Alcohol is just plants too bounce
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:29 am

I don't see the problem here...

Tax the shit it out of it like we do with tobacco and alcohol.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:35 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Glen Damon wrote:What a disgusting decision.
    It's okay Glen, the place will go to shit and it will just show every other state to not make the same mistake, this will be where everyone learns for the better and it will never be considered again. Smile

No. Places in the US that went to shit because of drugs are usually the places where the crack cocaine epidemic hit the hardest; it's not because of marijuana.

Now all the pot smokers will just move on to a regulated market instead of enriching drug dealers on the black market.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:21 am

Childish Logic wrote:I don't understand that logic.

I don't think it's that bad logic, although people often say that if anything alcohol should be illegal instead.

Howevr, if alcohol was made illegal, everyone would go crazy, complaining about human rights and it being their choice and stuff. Plus we look back at the prohibition era like it was a bit stupid, so there is generally a feeling that alcohol should be legal. Now, if alcohol should be legal, then why can't another recreational drug which is potentially less harmful be legal?
    Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:36 pm

kyro7 wrote:It's okay Glen, the place will go to shit and it will just show every other state to not make the same mistake, this will be where everyone learns for the better and it will never be considered again. Smile

Not sure if srs. bernie
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:59 pm

Zzonked wrote:

I don't think it's that bad logic, although people often say that if anything alcohol should be illegal instead.

Howevr, if alcohol was made illegal, everyone would go crazy, complaining about human rights and it being their choice and stuff. Plus we look back at the prohibition era like it was a bit stupid, so there is generally a feeling that alcohol should be legal. Now, if alcohol should be legal, then why can't another recreational drug which is potentially less harmful be legal?

I don't hear that, i always hear that Weed should be legal because alcohol is legal. Alcohol isn't going anywhere like you said, it is ingrained into western culture.

The idea behind the prohibition was a good one but was badly implemented from my understanding. something that drinking wasn't illegal but you just couldn't sell it.

If a drug came out that was just as bad as smoking was? should it be legal? going by that logic, the new drug should be legal because something just as bad is legal.

I don't have a strong stance on weed, i don't know enough to say it should be banned but i know enough to know that weed isn't harmless.

The fact that a main point in the argument to legalize weed is that alcohol is legal is a terrible reason to legalize something. The failure to stop one drug doesn't mean we should accept more failure.

Last edited by Childish Logic on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Supports : TFC

Post by Jorlung Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:31 pm

Mustangt125 wrote:On the other hand, if humans ceased to exist this very second, no other drugs would exist on the world and neither would alcohol.

Marijuana would.

And they can tax it to high hell, they'll make billions off it.
    Ethanol (commonly referred to as alcohol) can naturally be produced in low amounts through the fermentation of rotten fruit and many substances containing starch.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:38 pm

Tobacco is a plant too.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:44 pm

They should just legalize everything and let the gene pool clean itself out.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:44 pm

Bonked wrote:They should just legalize everything and let the gene pool clean itself out.
    This made me laugh hard.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:48 pm

San Pedro Cactus, Peyote, Psychedelic Mushrooms ect. Mustang didn't think it out before making that comment.

Natives have been getting high with stuff like this way before some CIA operative invented crack cocaine in a lab somewhere in Norther California and distributed it to the local Black population.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:15 pm

Ché Guayaba wrote:San Pedro Cactus, Peyote, Psychedelic Mushrooms ect. Mustang didn't think it out before making that comment.

Natives have been getting high with stuff like this way before some CIA operative invented crack cocaine in a lab somewhere in Norther California and distributed it to the local Black population.

You sound just like novi now
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:29 pm

I thank that as a compliment of the highest order.

On the real though, that's just a theory(although a very plausible one)

The C.I.A.'s involvement in the cocaine trade is undeniable though and even president Reagan admitted to their involvement.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:35 pm

Ché Guayaba wrote:I thank that as a compliment of the highest order.

On the real though, that's just a theory(although a very plausible one)

The C.I.A.'s involvement in the cocaine trade is undeniable though and even president Reagan admitted to their involvement.

But to think they created it to fuck over the black population?

nah bro.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:42 pm

Why not? Crack cocaine came about in the 70's. Jim Crow Laws continued well into the mid 60's.

What you think in ten years time everyone suddenly stopped being a racist? Laughing
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:05 pm

Ché Guayaba wrote:Why not? Crack cocaine came about in the 70's. Jim Crow Laws continued well into the mid 60's.

What you think in ten years time everyone suddenly stopped being a racist? Laughing

They wouldn't of passed if the cia was still full of racists especially if they were gonna unleash an addiction onto the black population.

Seems like another excuse by people to say it ins't the peoples fault they got addicted. It was the white man.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:35 pm

Childish Logic wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:

I don't hear that, i always hear that Weed should be legal because alcohol is legal. Alcohol isn't going anywhere like you said, it is ingrained into western culture.

The idea behind the prohibition was a good one but was badly implemented from my understanding. something that drinking wasn't illegal but you just couldn't sell it.

If a drug came out that was just as bad as smoking was? should it be legal? going by that logic, the new drug should be legal because something just as bad is legal.

I don't have a strong stance on weed, i don't know enough to say it should be banned but i know enough to know that weed isn't harmless.

The fact that a main point in the argument to legalize weed is that alcohol is legal is a terrible reason to legalize something. The failure to stop one drug doesn't mean we should accept more failure.

That's not exactly the logic behind it though. Alcohol is more comparable to weed in terms of use, they are both recreational, somewhat social drugs. It's not a complete issue of scale of damage, that's just part of it. You can't take this argument out of this context and apply it to everything, it has to fit the mould.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:43 pm

Novi wrote:
    Carlos Jenkinson wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

At the start of next year tourists wont be able to buy it. Only people who live there.

That law is not happening. It was confirmed last week, I think.
    Kelloggg8

Formerly known as : QwertyKirby
    Supports : CF América, Toronto FC

Post by Kelloggg8 Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:28 am

It's weird the US legalising weed before Canada. USA more progressive socially. Go figure...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 11:45 am