Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

State of Decay

Anonymous

State of Decay Empty State of Decay

Post by Guest Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:13 pm

It's a zombie game but it deals more with scavenging and whatnot than zombie fighting, was just released. It's on xbox live right now for 1600 MP, there's a free 30 minute trial so you can play the complete game. I found it pretty fun so I bought it.

Just realized the trailer makes it look like an all action type game, it's not. Laughing

Although, I guess you could go the kill everything route if you really want to.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

State of Decay Empty Re: State of Decay

Post by Zzonked Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Could you spend a lot of time playing this or no?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:24 am

Yeah, I think you could. It's one of those games where you kind of lose track of time.

Speaking of time, what I found kind of neat was that each game day is 2 hours of our real time. 1 hour for day time and 1 hour for night time.

It's not a perfect game, it doesn't look very good and there is definitely a lot of jankyness going on (like clipping) but I think all of that is forgivable because of the gameplay. I've only played about 3 hours of it but I can already tell it's going to be one of my favorite games I've ever played.

Oh, I forgot to mention. There's perma-death in this game, if your character dies, one of the other survivors takes his place. Characters do level up so it adds a bit of a sense of real life danger when you play it. I'm usually iffy about perma-death but considering this is a survival game I think it's great.

Juvendinho

Supports : Zlatan

Post by Juvendinho Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:10 pm

This thread title would be fitting title for a future Playmaker video game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:45 am