Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Laurencio
Paulinho
The_Quilo
Grenade
Phadunkin Donuts
Zzonked
Bye_Ya
Jord
Jorlung
SBSP
Kuled
Juventino
Cam
Danny
ResurrectionRooney
19 posters

Deluded Conspiracy Nut Suarez reopens Evra Race Row

ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Deluded Conspiracy Nut Suarez reopens Evra Race Row Empty Deluded Conspiracy Nut Suarez reopens Evra Race Row

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:10 am

Clear conscience: Suarez still thinks he did nothing wrong in Evra race row

Luis Suarez has re-opened the row over his race ban last season, despite being ordered by Liverpool not to discuss it.

The Uruguayan has accused Manchester United of wielding their political power to get him suspended for his controversial comments aimed at United defender Patrice Evra.

The Liverpool striker revealed he was so devastated by the effects of his Evra racism ‘trial’, he was left in tears for days on end as his reputation took a battering.

Speaking to a TV station in his homeland, where the forward is preparing to captain their football team at this summer's Olympics, Suarez offered another explosive insight into his controversial row with Evra.

In it, he claimed:

* United are the political power in English football.

* The Old Trafford club contrived to get him banned.

* It was Evra's fault that the pair didn't subsequently shake hands.

* That the handshake issue was a second conspiracy against him by United.

* He and his wife were reduced to tears by the ordeal.

* Even United fans offered him support.

In the wide-ranging interview with TV show RR Gol, Suarez revealed his Anfield bosses have asked him not to speak about the Evra affair.

But he didn't hold back as he said: "It was so hard what happened to me. I don't show my emotions on the field, but outside I do - and I cried a lot with all the Evra stuff.

"The trial (disciplinary hearing) week was so complicated for me. My wife and I cried a lot during that week.

"People at the club are sure that it was a way that Manchester United used to put me out of the team and stop Liverpool.

"But in England, Man United has this political power, and you have to respect that and shut your mouth."

Suarez made clear that he feels the FA's guilty verdict on a racism charge, and the subsequent eight-match ban, was inspired by United's political clout within the English game.

And he even went as far as to suggest that when he was later vilified for refusing to shake Evra's hand the next time the pair met after the verdict, it was another United conspiracy.

"It was a misunderstanding, what happened between me and Evra at Old Trafford when we were to shake hands," he insisted, but then added:

"In fact, I think it was all arranged against me again, as it had happened with the punishment.

"I promised my wife, the manager and the directors that I was going to shake my hand with Evra. Why not?, I thought, because I had no problems with him.

"I had been punished because of him, but I had no problems with shaking hands. But I was not forced to greet him. I had no problems with Evra. It was only a handshake and I was OK with that.

"The media in England showed the moment when I passed in front of him, but they didn't see that he had his hand low before.

"Only the media in Uruguay and Spain showed that I wanted to shake his hand."

Suarez revealed he felt desperate at times during the long-running saga, but said he was given a major boost from a surprising source when he met a United fan in a restaurant.

"I had to go to Manchester in a taxi for the trial. I got up at seven in the morning and I came home at nine at night. I was exhausted, I was so tired. I wanted to cry, and kick all the things around me," he added.

"I came home and I wanted to do all that, but I couldn't because my daughter was at home. There were really complicated days, and then things became harder after the punishment.

"But Man United fans respect me.

"I have an anecdote: One day, after what had happened with the Man United player, a Man United fan came to the restaurant where I was having lunch with my wife and asked for a picture. He told me, 'I admire you as a footballer.'"

Last edited by ResurrectionRooney on Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:18 am; edited 2 times in total
    Danny
    Danny

Deluded Conspiracy Nut Suarez reopens Evra Race Row Empty Re: Deluded Conspiracy Nut Suarez reopens Evra Race Row

Post by Danny Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:11 am

People sure have a thing for bringing this back up. Laughing
    Anonymous

Deluded Conspiracy Nut Suarez reopens Evra Race Row Empty Re: Deluded Conspiracy Nut Suarez reopens Evra Race Row

Post by Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:11 am

So silly to be brought up again.
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Post by Cam Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:11 am

Deluded Conspiracy Nut Suarez reopens Evra Race Row Oh_look_its_this_thread_again

I'm sure he did that interview with 'Russia Today' a few weeks ago?

Last edited by Cam on Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    Juventino
    Juventino

Supports : Llorente

Post by Juventino Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:11 am

Disgusting behavior.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:12 am

Deal with it.
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:13 am

Yeah, this is really old news, he did this interview weeks ago, and I'm sure it was discussed on here.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:13 am

Here's what he said to the Liverpool FC official website on February 12th

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has today issued the following apology:

"I have spoken with the manager since the game at Old Trafford and I realise I got things wrong.

"I've not only let him down, but also the Club and what it stands for and I'm sorry. I made a mistake and I regret what happened.

"I should have shaken Patrice Evra's hand before the game and I want to apologise for my actions.

"I would like to put this whole issue behind me and concentrate on playing football."

Looks like we can add liar to diver, cheat and racist. Perhaps Manchester United's political influence forced the Liverpool website into printing this.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:17 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Here's what he said to the Liverpool FC official website on February 12th

"I have spoken with the manager since the game at Old Trafford and I realise I got things wrong.

"I've not only let him down, but also the Club and what it stands for and I'm sorry. I made a mistake and I regret what happened.

"I should have shaken Patrice Evra's hand before the game and I want to apologise for my actions.

"I would like to put this whole issue behind me and concentrate on playing football."

Looks like we can add liar to diver, cheat and racist. Perhaps Manchester United's political influence forced the Liverpool website into printing this.

Clearly forced to say that. I'm glad he's being level-headed and speaking for himself.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:17 am

Just when I was starting to like him too. Ass hole.
    Cam wrote:Yeah, this is really old news, he did this interview weeks ago, and I'm sure it was discussed on here.
    This is a new story released today.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:17 am

This is apparently from an interview with RRGol.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpools-luis-suarez-reopens-patrice-1146604
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:18 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:Here's what he said to the Liverpool FC official website on February 12th

Clearly forced to say that. I'm glad he's being level-headed and speaking for himself.
    This is how you would describe level headed?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:21 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Eternal Witcher wrote:

This is how you would describe level headed?
    Good shout. Perhaps, brave.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:23 am

Kuled wrote:Just when I was starting to like him too. Ass hole.

As if. You hated him then, you hate him now, you'll continue to hate him until he dies or leaves Liverpool.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:27 am

Deluded Conspiracy Nut Suarez reopens Evra Race Row Untit430
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Supports : TFC

Post by Jorlung Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:31 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:The Liverpool striker revealed he was so devastated by the effects of his Evra racism ‘trial’, he was left in tears for days on end as his reputation took a battering.
    Because your reputation was so flawless before?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:33 am

Deluded Conspiracy Nut Suarez reopens Evra Race Row 23597014
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:36 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:As if. You hated him then, you hate him now, you'll continue to hate him until he dies or leaves Liverpool.
    Yeah I did like him and didn't really care about the racist thing until he refused to shake Evra's hand. Now I was starting to forget what he did and he does this. This issue was put to rest and had no reason to be mentioned again.
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:37 am

kyro7 wrote:So silly to be brought up again.
    I know. I know.. Lock it
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:38 am

Typical Manchester United thinking they "can do what they want" tut tut
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:39 am

Kuled wrote:
    Eternal Witcher wrote:As if. You hated him then, you hate him now, you'll continue to hate him until he dies or leaves Liverpool.
    Yeah I did like him and didn't really care about the racist thing until he refused to shake Evra's hand. Now I was starting to forget what he did and he does this. This issue was put to rest and had no reason to be mentioned again.

Forget? As soon as he puts a foot wrong, you will be right back at his heels. There's no way back once the collective PL fans find a new hate figure.

Kuled

Post by Kuled Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:42 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:
    Kuled wrote:Yeah I did like him and didn't really care about the racist thing until he refused to shake Evra's hand. Now I was starting to forget what he did and he does this. This issue was put to rest and had no reason to be mentioned again.

Forget? As soon as he puts a foot wrong, you will be right back at his heels. There's no way back once the collective PL fans find a new hate figure.

Ignore, put aside..You get the picture. And if he does something wrong like getting sent off or committing a foul etc. well than he's only human, but this..this issue had no reason at all to be mentioned again.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:44 am

Kuled wrote:
    Eternal Witcher wrote:

Ignore, put aside..You get the picture. And if he does something wrong like getting sent off or committing a foul etc. well than he's only human, but this..this issue had no reason at all to be mentioned again.
    I fail to see the big deal with bringing this up again. Yet others just react with horror. Whatever ignore me, obviously my perspective goes against the norm.
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:47 am

Kuled wrote:Just when I was starting to like him too. Ass hole.
    Cam wrote:Yeah, this is really old news, he did this interview weeks ago, and I'm sure it was discussed on here.
    This is a new story released today.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2149868/Luis-Suarez-conscience-clear-Patrice-Evra.html

25th of May

and as I said, it's been discussed already..

http://www.the-playmaker.com/t13678-suarez-speaks-about-suspension?highlight=Suarez

Edit: RR changed the article in the OP? Neutral
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:56 am

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpools-luis-suarez-reopens-patrice-1146604
    Posted 17 June.
    Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:57 am

Love him. Fantastic player and human being. Love
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:57 am

Yes, I know. RR changed the article in the OP and I didn't notice..
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:58 am

This debate is just the worst. Pretty sure everyone is already sufficiently entrenched in their views so we should just move on.
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:59 am

Yep, there's not much you can say apart from 'What a scumbag' or 'Why does he keep bringing it up?'
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:00 am

Same with Atheism.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 5:21 am