Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+38
Keanoo
Mustangt125
Zzonked
AriseForLife
ayvee1
Mr. Hassard
Childish Logic
Bye_Ya
iSamuel
Mvan
ShakerMatty
Gegilworld93
Juventino
George
fluffy_kittens
Laurencio
El Jefe
Danny
Ra's al Ghul
Cadbury
coolhead33
Trig
arsenalap11
Walcott
Grenade
Mal
Mason
Phadunkin Donuts
Jordi
dena
The Zlatan
Paulinho
Sean
Carlos Jenkinson
SBSP
Jord
Kuled
Theo Filippo
42 posters

Robin Van Persie announces he will not sign a contract

Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Robin Van Persie announces he will not sign a contract - Page 8 Empty Re: Robin Van Persie announces he will not sign a contract

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:15 am

Accepted that he would never be good enough. clap
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Robin Van Persie announces he will not sign a contract - Page 8 Empty Re: Robin Van Persie announces he will not sign a contract

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:22 am

Zzonked wrote:
    goonsidious wrote:

If that's a real quote it's sort of depressing.

Poor guy just wants to play for Arsenal.

It is a real quote, and I do agree.. very depressing. I was rooting for him in the beginning, and was pleased when he was doing really well early on. But then it just seemed he had no more fuel in the tank.. and continued to show consistent signs of being completely oblivious to what was going on during matches. I do believe if he goes elsewhere this summer.. he will do really well.
    Sean

Post by Sean Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:28 am

Robin Van Persie announces he will not sign a contract - Page 8 23126013
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:32 am

Robin Van Persie announces he will not sign a contract - Page 8 Tumblr_m574y11hoE1r317bvo1_500
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:33 am

goonsidious wrote:Robin Van Persie announces he will not sign a contract - Page 8 Tumblr_m6t9pqb0X71r4zctzo1_500
    not worthy
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:36 am

ahlycotc wrote:Doesn't surprise me at all. Top players will not want to play at a club with such low expectations. Arsenal are lucky to have finished in the top 4 last season anyways. It seems like the task will be even harder next season, especially with Chelsea and others improving their teams.

It's also not surprising seeing a section of Arsenal fans get mad at RVP for doing the right thing. The same butt hurt fans that hated on Nasri for moving on to a much, much better club.

1. How exactly were we lucky to have finished top 4? That statement doesn't make the least bit of sense.

2. I agree with every you said down to the last sentence. Nasri didn't move to a better club, Nasri moved to a richer club, lets not get it twisted. At that point Manchester City had not proven or done anything in the PL so not sure where you get better club at. Spending £200M+ basically wins titles. Worked for Chelsea and has now worked for Manchester City. People where pissed at Nasri because of the way he handled the transfer. He said constantly that he was staying and not to believe the rumors and then he leaves and talks shit on the club. That is why people hated Nasri.

I personally don't care one way or another that Robin is leaving so long as we get money for him and it actually gets REINVESTED into the team. That is the one issue I have because with Wenger that most likely will not happen.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:08 am

A few last minute goals were the difference for Arsenal. Any slight change and that could have you sitting outside the CL (even if you ended up 4th). I didn't say Arsenal don't deserve a 3rd place finish, but they are lucky that the other teams were generally poor. IMO, the only improved team last season was ManCity. I can't see that being the case this season when you have teams around you improving their squads while Arsenal is arguably weakening theirs and not making the right purchases.

I'm pretty sure most sane football fans would have predicted ManCity would have finished above Arsenal in the league. At least City won a title (FA Cup) recently. When is the last time Arsenal won a title? When I say better club, I'm talking about the squad and the potential of the team. If a player was given better wages to play for a better team that actually has a better chance of winning something, why shouldn't they move? And you are so naive to believe a player that says he wants to stay at a club and is happy there. Anything can happen in the span of weeks. Talk is cheap. I see nothing wrong at all with him wanting to leave Arsenal for a much better club. And the way I see it, the reaction of some fans made Nasri react that way. People kept on saying he is just after the money, so he made some comments towards the Arsenal fans and at the end of the season proved them all wrong. He put those select Arsenal fans in their place and I congratulate him for it.

Not necessarily directed to Arise: I know the truth must hurt for some of you guys. Calling me a cunt, troll, jumping on the hate bandwagon, etc. isn't going to change the situation for your club. Some of you are living in the past, enjoying your profits while your star players are leaving for better clubs every year and an inept board and manager, who refuses to make the right changes with the money he is given, are easily deluding you into enjoying a top 4 finish. Thankfully, I doubt that delusion will last long if you drop out of the CL next season.
    Sean

Post by Sean Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:23 am

Even if RVP leaves, Arsenal as a squad has improved this summer.
    Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:05 pm

Ahly, how has Arsenal weakened their squad?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:18 pm

I said arguably, but RVP is leaving and they made two attacking signings since I last heard. RVP is better than those two imo. Most importantly teams, other teams are getting stronger.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:30 pm

ahlycotc wrote:A few last minute goals were the difference for Arsenal. Any slight change and that could have you sitting outside the CL (even if you ended up 4th). I didn't say Arsenal don't deserve a 3rd place finish, but they are lucky that the other teams were generally poor. IMO, the only improved team last season was ManCity. I can't see that being the case this season when you have teams around you improving their squads while Arsenal is arguably weakening theirs and not making the right purchases.

I'm pretty sure most sane football fans would have predicted ManCity would have finished above Arsenal in the league. At least City won a title (FA Cup) recently. When is the last time Arsenal won a title? When I say better club, I'm talking about the squad and the potential of the team. If a player was given better wages to play for a better team that actually has a better chance of winning something, why shouldn't they move? And you are so naive to believe a player that says he wants to stay at a club and is happy there. Anything can happen in the span of weeks. Talk is cheap. I see nothing wrong at all with him wanting to leave Arsenal for a much better club. And the way I see it, the reaction of some fans made Nasri react that way. People kept on saying he is just after the money, so he made some comments towards the Arsenal fans and at the end of the season proved them all wrong. He put those select Arsenal fans in their place and I congratulate him for it.

Not necessarily directed to Arise: I know the truth must hurt for some of you guys. Calling me a cunt, troll, jumping on the hate bandwagon, etc. isn't going to change the situation for your club. Some of you are living in the past, enjoying your profits while your star players are leaving for better clubs every year and an inept board and manager, who refuses to make the right changes with the money he is given, are easily deluding you into enjoying a top 4 finish. Thankfully, I doubt that delusion will last long if you drop out of the CL next season.
    Laughing Give it a bloody rest for fuck sake mate.
    ahlycotc wrote:I said arguably, but RVP is leaving and they made two attacking signings since I last heard. RVP is better than those two imo. Most importantly teams, other teams are getting stronger.
    No they're not, Spurs hasn't strengthen (likely to lose Modric), Liverpool haven't strengthen, Newcastle just 1 signing from Marseille thus far. Only team below us who has strengthen is Chelsea so yeah Laughing
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:24 pm

Arise, in the season before Nasri moved to them, City had finished above Arsenal in the Premier League and won the FA Cup, while Arsenal had finished 4th in a 3 horse race, lost the League Cup final to a relegation team, and were yet to qualify for the Champions' League. It was a sound footballing decision, and you should be glad he made it - if he didn't he'd be walking away for nothing now.
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:47 pm

I'd say most people hate Nasri for for shit he keeps spouting since leaving. Yeah it worked out for you, we all get it no need to constantly go on about it....

Won the league and he decided to take a dig at Arsenal, he's a cock. Proved it with France too by beig a disgrace.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:23 am

Arsenal fans started it by calling him a cunt before he even left.
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:30 am

Nasri only responded lightly to the constant unwarranted abuse he was getting from Arsenal fans
    samiz
    samiz

Post by samiz Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:38 am

19Jones19v wrote:No they're not, Spurs hasn't strengthen (likely to lose Modric), Liverpool haven't strengthen, Newcastle just 1 signing from Marseille thus far. Only team below us who has strengthen is Chelsea so yeah Laughing
    Brilliant grammar mate Dry Smile
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:41 am

I'm a bit sick of Arsenal fans abusing every player who wants to leave/has left, is there any other club that does it?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:16 am

Theo Filippo wrote:I'm a bit sick of Arsenal fans abusing every player who wants to leave/has left, is there any other club that does it?

Liverpool's treatment toward Torres was disgraceful, but I don't recall how they reacted to other important players leaving.
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:25 am

Most teams have fans that slag off players when they want to leave/leave.

Fans feel the players should show the same loyalty they do. Fat chance though and rightly so.

We just seem to do it more as we have more popular players leave more regularly then any other big teams.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:27 am

I wouldn't really include that disgusting bunch they weren't too bad with Mascherano from what I remember despite the fact he refused to play for them. Laughing
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:34 am

I think it's more frustrating when players move from declining clubs to the clubs who are overtaking them. The abuse Nasri has suffered is the same as the abuse Torres, Meireles and Adebayor suffered, another example is Gylffi Siggurdsson, who has been put under psychological evaluation by the Liverpool Echo for his decision to go to the team who finished 4th, 5th and 4th the last 3 years.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:12 am

samiz wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:No they're not, Spurs hasn't strengthen (likely to lose Modric), Liverpool haven't strengthen, Newcastle just 1 signing from Marseille thus far. Only team below us who has strengthen is Chelsea so yeah Laughing
    Brilliant grammar mate Robin Van Persie announces he will not sign a contract - Page 8 537999
    Oh no I failed the English exam which took place on this forum earlier. Robin Van Persie announces he will not sign a contract - Page 8 283183
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:18 pm

19Jones19v wrote:

No they're not, Spurs hasn't strengthen (likely to lose Modric), Liverpool haven't strengthen, Newcastle just 1 signing from Marseille thus far. Only team below us who has strengthen is Chelsea so yeah Laughing

Gylfi and Vertonghen are two very bright prospects scratch
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:59 pm

Robin Van Persie announces he will not sign a contract - Page 8 P5rqP
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:35 pm

fluffy_kittens wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:

Gylfi and Vertonghen are two very bright prospects scratch

And in turn you're looking likely to lose Modrić and you've lost King, Gallas, Saha etc.

Until all the players you sold/let to are replaced you've got weaker.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:37 pm

Theo Filippo wrote:I wouldn't really include that disgusting bunch they weren't too bad with Mascherano from what I remember despite the fact he refused to play for them. Laughing

It was his wife's fault. Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:16 pm