Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+38
Keanoo
Mustangt125
Zzonked
AriseForLife
ayvee1
Mr. Hassard
Childish Logic
Bye_Ya
iSamuel
Mvan
ShakerMatty
Gegilworld93
Juventino
George
fluffy_kittens
Laurencio
El Jefe
Danny
Ra's al Ghul
Cadbury
coolhead33
Trig
arsenalap11
Walcott
Grenade
Mal
Mason
Phadunkin Donuts
Jordi
dena
The Zlatan
Paulinho
Sean
Carlos Jenkinson
SBSP
Jord
Kuled
Theo Filippo
42 posters

Robin Van Persie announces he will not sign a contract

Anonymous

Robin Van Persie announces he will not sign a contract - Page 7 Empty Re: Robin Van Persie announces he will not sign a contract

Post by Guest Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:10 pm

goonsidious wrote:Robin Van Persie announces he will not sign a contract - Page 7 Tumblr_m6q0u2njPb1qhrp3xo1_500

lol he got owned.
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Robin Van Persie announces he will not sign a contract - Page 7 Empty Re: Robin Van Persie announces he will not sign a contract

Post by Jord Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:51 pm

I feel like Piers Morgan would fit right in on here. His tweets are just like some of the posts on this forum Laughing
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:00 pm

Can read this shit all day

Less than 24 hours after Van Persie revealed his intention to leave the Gunners with a statement questioning the club’s ambition, Alisher Usmanov and Farhad Moshiri — who own close to 30 per cent of Arsenal shares through investment vehicle Red and White Holdings — criticised the Kroenke regime.

In a strongly worded five-page open letter addressed to the Arsenal board, Usmanov and Moshiri claim what they view as Kroenke’s lack of investment has led to:

* the loss of the club’s best players
    * Arsenal signing second-rate stars
    * the club no longer being able to challenge for trophies

An extract from the letter read: ‘As a consequence of this (Mr Kroenke’s) policy, which is dressed up as prudent financial planning, it is down to our manager, and not our shareholders, to have to deal with the club’s tight finances, carry the burden of repaying the stadium debt by selling his best players and having to continue to find cheaper replacements.

‘This policy is leading to the loss of our best players, often to our main competitors, and even causes the players themselves to question their future at the club and the club’s ambitions.’

The letter continued: ‘It appears a place in the Champions League will be the pinnacle of our ambition again next season.’
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:27 am

As soon as Mr. Gazidis is back from his 2-week holiday in America further meetings will follow and I will update you if and when there are more developments.
    From van Persie's statement.

From the Arsenal communications director.

Some guy who is well informed on Arsenal stuff.

Coincidence?

I think not.

Robin Van Persie announces he will not sign a contract - Page 7 133990821617
    Paulinho
    Paulinho

Formerly known as : psyroukis
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Paulinho Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:33 am

I can't handle all the calls of 'disloyalty' towards RVP . Sure, he's at his most desirable
    now , but still , he's been with us for a long fucking time
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:25 am

Doesn't surprise me at all. Top players will not want to play at a club with such low expectations. Arsenal are lucky to have finished in the top 4 last season anyways. It seems like the task will be even harder next season, especially with Chelsea and others improving their teams.

It's also not surprising seeing a section of Arsenal fans get mad at RVP for doing the right thing. The same butt hurt fans that hated on Nasri for moving on to a much, much better club.
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:28 am

Because he was an injury prone mess. No one would touch him. Read that if you take last seasons appearances out he averages like 20 games a season since we got him...

He has 1 truly brilliant season and has decided he's better then then us. Onviously it's not all on RvP, Arsenal need to shoulder the blame of letting him get into his final year. Same with Theo and I imagine Song too.

Hopefully we cash in soon and not let it drag out. Got pre season coming up and if rather we had a new striker to bed in.

Edit: I'm not saying he's a bad striker/player. Far from it, when fit he's one of the best in the world. But he's not been fit enough in the past.

Also not saying that he owes Arsenal anything, but I find it a bit rich that after 1 full, proper season he decides he's able to dictate policy to Wenger and tell the owners how to run their club basically.

The whole statement and timing was wrong too. Assume he was trying to PR his way into getting Arsenal fans on his side and IMO he failed spectacularly at it. Having the opposite effect instead in turning a large majority of fans against him.

Shame really. Was truly loved by Arsenal fans and Wenger.

Edit 2: Not surprised to see Ahly is still doing the 'Arsenal hate bandwagon' crap as before I left....
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:00 am

blackskar wrote:Because he was an injury prone mess. No one would touch him. Read that if you take last seasons appearances out he averages like 20 games a season since we got him...

He has 1 truly brilliant season and has decided he's better then then us. Onviously it's not all on RvP, Arsenal need to shoulder the blame of letting him get into his final year. Same with Theo and I imagine Song too.

Hopefully we cash in soon and not let it drag out. Got pre season coming up and if rather we had a new striker to bed in.

Edit: I'm not saying he's a bad striker/player. Far from it, when fit he's one of the best in the world. But he's not been fit enough in the past.

Also not saying that he owes Arsenal anything, but I find it a bit rich that after 1 full, proper season he decides he's able to dictate policy to Wenger and tell the owners how to run their club basically.

The whole statement and timing was wrong too. Assume he was trying to PR his way into getting Arsenal fans on his side and IMO he failed spectacularly at it. Having the opposite effect instead in turning a large majority of fans against him.

Shame really. Was truly loved by Arsenal fans and Wenger.

Edit 2: Not surprised to see Ahly is still doing the 'Arsenal hate bandwagon' crap as before I left....
    Agree with everything you said and yeah don't worry about Ahly he'll always be a retard towards Arsenal.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:14 am

Apart from the bit about Arsenal being lucky to finish in the top 4 last season I agree with Ahly. The expectations at the club are a joke there has to be a change at the top and it will only happen if:
    A) Arsenal turn to shit, drop out of the top 4 which will kill that revenue stream.
    B) Arsenal fans boycott merchandise, tickets etc.
    Sean

Post by Sean Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:17 am

This reminds me alot of the Torres situation.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:17 am

A) the closest to happening.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:32 am

Robin Van Persie announces he will not sign a contract - Page 7 488073_394067717318816_1053603943_n
    Paulinho
    Paulinho

Formerly known as : psyroukis
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Paulinho Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:34 am

Actually lol'd Ahly
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:37 am

Quite good. Laughing
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Supports : TFC

Post by Jorlung Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:37 am

ahlycotc wrote:Robin Van Persie announces he will not sign a contract - Page 7 488073_394067717318816_1053603943_n
    rofl
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:39 am

The creator of that image is a humorous fellow. Thank you for being the messenger boy ahly.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:50 am

ahlycotc wrote:Robin Van Persie announces he will not sign a contract - Page 7 488073_394067717318816_1053603943_n
    Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:13 am

This is the only autograph i've ever owned and have been proud to display it in my room since I got as a gift.

Robin Van Persie announces he will not sign a contract - Page 7 AxI7-ddCEAENODV

Kinda making me a bit sick to look at now.
    Sean

Post by Sean Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:15 am

Chris wrote:This is the only autograph i've ever owned and have been proud to display it in my room since I got as a gift.

Robin Van Persie announces he will not sign a contract - Page 7 AxI7-ddCEAENODV

Kinda making me a bit sick to look at now.

Then you need to readjust your bra.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:42 am

Agbonlahor to replace RVP at Arsenal
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:23 am

Robin Van Persie announces he will not sign a contract - Page 7 Tumblr_m6s489XsYm1qce97mo1_500
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:34 am

goonsidious wrote:Robin Van Persie announces he will not sign a contract - Page 7 Tumblr_m6s489XsYm1qce97mo1_500
    Robin Van Persie announces he will not sign a contract - Page 7 Fans-burn-torres-shirt
    Sean

Post by Sean Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:57 am

Oh my, what unbelievable examples of fan power, I bet those respective players are feeling high levels of remorse now.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:59 am

Oh no, that must of hurt Van Persie.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:00 am

He hasn't even left yet.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:05 am

It would be amusing if he stayed.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:09 am

Robin Van Persie announces he will not sign a contract - Page 7 Tumblr_m6t9pqb0X71r4zctzo1_500
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:10 am

goonsidious wrote:Robin Van Persie announces he will not sign a contract - Page 7 Tumblr_m6t9pqb0X71r4zctzo1_500

oh god why
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:11 am

goonsidious wrote:Robin Van Persie announces he will not sign a contract - Page 7 Tumblr_m6t9pqb0X71r4zctzo1_500
    Robin Van Persie announces he will not sign a contract - Page 7 207657 Now that is loyalty.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:14 am

If that's a real quote it's sort of depressing.

Poor guy just wants to play for Arsenal.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:14 pm