Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Uncle John from Jamaica
Phadunkin Donuts
Zzonked
Barton
Theo Filippo
iSamuel
Gegilworld93
Grenade
Sexy Jay Jay
Sean
Jord
ResurrectionRooney
16 posters

Wayne Rooney Vs. Robin van Persie

Poll

Better Footballer?

[ 10 ]
    Wayne Rooney Vs. Robin van Persie Bar_left43%Wayne Rooney Vs. Robin van Persie Bar_right [43%] 
    [ 13 ]
    Wayne Rooney Vs. Robin van Persie Bar_left57%Wayne Rooney Vs. Robin van Persie Bar_right [57%] 

Total Votes: 23
    Poll closed
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Wayne Rooney Vs. Robin van Persie Empty Wayne Rooney Vs. Robin van Persie

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:03 am

Wayne Rooney Vs. Robin van Persie Manchester+United+v+Chelsea+UEFA+Champions+2Q4aCRM9GuKl - Wayne Rooney Vs. Robin van Persie 698409-8356305-317-238

One is the key player for Manchester United, the No. 1 placed team in England and No. 2 ranked team in Europe (officially), the other is the key player for Arsenal, the No. 4 placed team in England who have been eliminated from Europe thanks to van Persie trying to chip the goalkeeper from about 4 yards. Prick.

One is a 4 time Premier League Champion, former European Champion and World Champion, having scored in Champions League and Club World Cup Finals, the other's greatest achievement is being carried to the World Cup Final by Sneijder and Robben, where the most significant thing he did was receive a yellow card (I had to look it up to see if he even played). He's won a UEFA Cup and FA Cup as well about 10 years ago.

One man allegedly slept with prostitutes, the other allegedly raped someone. On the pitch, their temperaments have been criticised, with Rooney sometimes lashing out at players, invariably in small games over the past 5 years, and van Persie doing the same as a young player. More recently both players were involved in massive games against Barcelona where their sides were completely dominated, Rooney reacted by scoring a goal and trying to help his team win, van Persie petulantly kicked the ball away because he disagreed with the referee and got sent off for an utterly stupid yellow card.

In terms of personal achievements, Rooney has been named PFA Player of the Year, Barclays Player of the Year, Man Utd, England and PFA Young Player of the Year twice each, and has been selected in the World XI. Van Persie won the Bronze Boot at Euro 2008, being the joint 6th highest scorer alongside 12 other players.

So who's a better footballer at the moment?

For me it's Rooney. Even this season, the best season of van Persie's life, both players have very similar goal ratios, despite Rooney playing in a deeper position than van Persie and being cut down by injuries and allegations about his and his family's private life. Rooney also delivers in the biggest of games, while van Persie does childish outbursts even at the age of 28 because he can't handle the pressure.

Last edited by ResurrectionRooney on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:18 am; edited 2 times in total
    Anonymous

Wayne Rooney Vs. Robin van Persie Empty Re: Wayne Rooney Vs. Robin van Persie

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:04 am

I agree. Can't wait till we sell van Persie for an inflated fee this summer.
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:04 am

Poll please

And Rooney
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:04 am

The choice of images rofl
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:05 am

Lol.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:05 am

There's a mistake, RvP was carried to the World Cup final, not the European Cup
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:06 am

Cam wrote:There's a mistake, RvP was carried to the World Cup final, not the European Cup
    Thank you for pointing that out.
    Sexy Jay Jay
    Sexy Jay Jay

Location : In Nigerian Doing The Cha Cha Slide With Jay Jay Okocha

Post by Sexy Jay Jay Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:07 am

Im a Manchester United fan and i think Robin van Persie is the better forward
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:08 am

Sexy Jay Jay wrote:Im a Manchester United fan and i think Robin van Persie is the better forward
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:08 am

Laughing

Rooney anyway, RVP's bound to get injured soon.
    Sexy Jay Jay
    Sexy Jay Jay

Location : In Nigerian Doing The Cha Cha Slide With Jay Jay Okocha

Post by Sexy Jay Jay Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:10 am

Jord wrote:
    Sexy Jay Jay wrote:Im a Manchester United fan and i think Robin van Persie is the better forward
    All round footballer it would have to be Rooney but if you need a goal it would have to be RvP
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:10 am

I'm a very open person and honestly I think Van Persie is the better footballer. I wish him the best of luck at his new club in the future and hopefully he can achieve something of significance once again in his career. Rooney is still an exceptional player.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:12 am

Glen Damon wrote:The choice of images rofl

Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a suitable picture of van Persie lifting a trophy?
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:12 am

Robin van Persie
    iSamuel
    iSamuel

Supports : Chelsea.

Post by iSamuel Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:14 am

Wayne Rooney.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:15 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:

Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a suitable picture of van Persie lifting a trophy?
    Wayne Rooney Vs. Robin van Persie Robin_van_persie_arsenal_with_the_fa_cup_trophy_131592
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:16 am

rooney, he has proven himself more then 6 months
    Anonymous

ViVaRooney wrote:rooney, he has proven himself more then 6 months
    Selective memory. not worthy
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:16 am

Sexy Jay Jay wrote:
    Jord wrote:
    All round footballer it would have to be Rooney but if you need a goal it would have to be RvP

Arsenal needed a goal against Milan, ball came to van Persie right in front of goal, one on one with the keeper and he fucked it up. They needed a goal against Barcelona in 2011, the ball came through to their main striker and he missed, where was van Persie? In the dressing room because he'd been sent off for petulance.

Gegilworld93 wrote:Robin van Persie

Why?
    Anonymous

Wayne Rooney Vs. Robin van Persie 3925848005
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:17 am

Splashy wrote:

Wayne Rooney Vs. Robin van Persie Robin_van_persie_arsenal_with_the_fa_cup_trophy_131592
    Not suitable, has a big fuck off logo in front of it. Besides, is that even him? It was so long ago I'm not sure I can recognise him. If I'd put the Amsterdam cup up there people would have said I was being biased.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:17 am

This, we are in July 2011.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:18 am

Double Post
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:18 am

NVM, I FAILED
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:19 am

I dont understand how you can blame Van Persie for Arsenal not winning anything?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:20 am

You could have had one with him giving that smug grin he always does after he rapes/destroys someone/something.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:20 am

Sean wrote:I dont understand how you can blame Van Persie for Arsenal not winning anything?
    Sean, it's RR, he can find a way of making a argument of anything. Laughing
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:20 am

Wayne Rooney Vs. Robin van Persie 52962477_display_image

Here's one.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:21 am

Sean wrote:I dont understand how you can blame Van Persie for Arsenal not winning anything?

Maybe if he performed in the biggest games Arsenal or the Netherlands would have won something. He's only scoring in big games this season against Premier League defences that are either as watertight as sieves or from the penalty spot in Europe.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:21 am

Barton wrote:Wayne Rooney Vs. Robin van Persie 52962477_display_image

Here's one.

Well done, I think the current one is suitable though, I'm still not sure that's actually van Persie. The one in the OP has his name on it.

Last edited by ResurrectionRooney on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 01, 2024 9:58 pm