Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
GK01
Phadunkin Donuts
Jordi
Vexxed
crump
The Zlatan
Gegilworld93
Potato-7
Carlos Jenkinson
easley91
Mouse
ResurrectionRooney
Drake
Paulinho
Sean
drivescore
Theo Filippo
George
Cadbury
Uncle John from Jamaica
Danny
jeb4eva
RubyArmyCTFC
TheRangersFan
Harrold
moscowmadeit3
Barton
Mal
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Zzonked
luke.
samiz
Kuled
iSamuel
38 posters

André Villas-Boas leaves Chelsea Football Club

Anonymous

André Villas-Boas leaves Chelsea Football Club - Page 4 Empty Re: André Villas-Boas leaves Chelsea Football Club

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:41 am

John Terry 20/1 Laughing
    Danny
    Danny

André Villas-Boas leaves Chelsea Football Club - Page 4 Empty Re: André Villas-Boas leaves Chelsea Football Club

Post by Danny Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:42 am

John Terry 20/1 for the job. rofl
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:43 am

Novi, The Creator wrote:I think Mourinho will come back for sure now.

Why would he? Madrid's x10 better than Chelsea and Chelsea's a soulless club
    easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Post by easley91 Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:44 am

I'm sure he wouldn't want to work with Roman again either after the last time. Mourinho is buying a house in London, either for Tottenham or England.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:45 am

He should have come to Liverpool. It is time for him to make up for lost time.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:45 am

easley91 wrote:I'm sure he wouldn't want to work with Roman again either after the last time. Mourinho is buying a house in London, either for Tottenham or England.

Do you actually think there's a realistic chance that Mourinho will be the manager of Tottenham any time soon?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:46 am

Fonseca wrote:
    Novi, The Creator wrote:I think Mourinho will come back for sure now.

Why would he? Madrid's x10 better than Chelsea and Chelsea's a soulless club

He wants to come back to the PL.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:46 am

easley91 wrote:I'm sure he wouldn't want to work with Roman again either after the last time. Mourinho is buying a house in London, either for Tottenham or England.

no
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:48 am

BladeGunner wrote:

Do you actually think there's a realistic chance that Mourinho will be the manager of Tottenham any time soon?
    Yes. It's a very good project for him to take on once Harry goes. He can take us that step further that we need. Players like Bale, Modric, Rafa, Adebayor can interest him. He could also bring better quality players as well. I wouldn't rule us out. Wouldn't be surprised if he didn't become Spurs boss, but it's not impossible.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:52 am

easley91 wrote:
    BladeGunner wrote:

Yes. It's a very good project for him to take on once Harry goes. He can take us that step further that we need. Players like Bale, Modric, Rafa, Adebayor can interest him. He could also bring better quality players as well. I wouldn't rule us out. Wouldn't be surprised if he didn't become Spurs boss, but it's not impossible.

Do you not see how large a step down you are from the teams he's previously managed throughout his career? I'd say it's extremely unlikely that he'll become the manager of Tottenham. He can go to any club he wants in the world, why would he choose Tottenham? There's also no allure whatsoever from a financial perspective.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:02 am

easley91 wrote:
    BladeGunner wrote:

Like Blade said it's a really bad step down and he only really worked under Chelsea so he could establish himself even further knowing he'd have a great team and riches. Tottenham's got an alright team and is rich, but not Chelsea rich

Highly unlikely
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor

Formerly known as : XxBradKennedyxX

Post by Dr. Ján Ĩtor Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:14 am

Pretty sure he cant just go to any other club in the world, its not like City or United are going to suddenly sack their manager the moment mourinho starts sniffing around, and who else is there? Milan are doing great under allegri and I dont think he wants to go back to italy does he? who else is there really?
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:18 am

Who said he has to make do with what's available? He can actually take a break believe it or not

Even so, Harry's being pressured into starting as soon as possible. If Mourinho somehow moves to Tottenham then he's unlike to finish the season with Madrid
    easley91
    easley91

Post by easley91 Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:23 am

BladeGunner wrote:
    easley91 wrote:Yes. It's a very good project for him to take on once Harry goes. He can take us that step further that we need. Players like Bale, Modric, Rafa, Adebayor can interest him. He could also bring better quality players as well. I wouldn't rule us out. Wouldn't be surprised if he didn't become Spurs boss, but it's not impossible.

Do you not see how large a step down you are from the teams he's previously managed throughout his career? I'd say it's extremely unlikely that he'll become the manager of Tottenham. He can go to any club he wants in the world, why would he choose Tottenham? There's also no allure whatsoever from a financial perspective.
    We have the money, not as much as City and Chelsea and Madrid, but we do and not in debt. It's not a large step down as you put it, but yes it is a step down. How many teams on that level are available? He won't go back to Chelsea. He'd choose us, because we play great football, and have the potential to make that step up. We have quality players already at the club. Finish 3rd and we're in the group stages of the Champions League. He saw us last seaso in Europe and this season in the league, there is massive potential to do something special at us like he did at Chelsea. It is a challenge I'm sure he'd like to take on. Where's the fun in just managing a massively rich club? There is no fun. We don't have high expectations, so he wouldn't be sacked after one season. Levy would give him time and money. We've offered massive sums of money over the past few years, so the money is there.

I never said he was definite anyway, I said it's unlikely but not impossible. Don't rule us out completely. We're on the rise and even defeat today after last week won't change that.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:24 am

Wow, I'm shocked Neutral

Can't believe this, Abramovich is ruining football. Glad Chelsea are going downhill though, back to where they came from. AVB had the problem of not getting along with some "legends" like Terry, Drogba and Lampard who are seemingly bigger than the club.

What was it we heard all the time? He's a long-term appointment, give him time. Shame Abramovich never had any patience. I think they bought him for 13 million out of his contract which made him the most expensive manager in history? And sack him after not even a season? Lol. Di Matteo caretaker, as if he'd be better facepalm.

I think we'll see quite a manager merry-go-round in the summer.

Dr. Ján Ĩtor wrote:Pretty sure he cant just go to any other club in the world, its not like City or United are going to suddenly sack their manager the moment mourinho starts sniffing around, and who else is there? Milan are doing great under allegri and I dont think he wants to go back to italy does he? who else is there really?
    Inter? They aren't that great under Ranieri, he's a bit under pressure.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:39 am

André Villas-Boas leaves Chelsea Football Club - Page 4 2gKvE
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:41 am

Oh my... Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:45 am

easley91 wrote:
    BladeGunner wrote:

We have the money, not as much as City and Chelsea and Madrid, but we do and not in debt. It's not a large step down as you put it, but yes it is a step down. How many teams on that level are available? He won't go back to Chelsea. He'd choose us, because we play great football, and have the potential to make that step up. We have quality players already at the club. Finish 3rd and we're in the group stages of the Champions League. He saw us last seaso in Europe and this season in the league, there is massive potential to do something special at us like he did at Chelsea. It is a challenge I'm sure he'd like to take on. Where's the fun in just managing a massively rich club? There is no fun. We don't have high expectations, so he wouldn't be sacked after one season. Levy would give him time and money. We've offered massive sums of money over the past few years, so the money is there.

I never said he was definite anyway, I said it's unlikely but not impossible. Don't rule us out completely. We're on the rise and even defeat today after last week won't change that.
    I'd say you probably have the least amount of money out of all the teams that will compete for his signature. It is a very large step down. If you finish third, this season will be considered a huge success. Compare that to every other team Mourinho's managed (not including Leiria). I don't know what you're basing your so-called ability to step up on. You've been spending large amounts of money and up until this season, you had been stagnating. What's not to say that this season isn't a one off anyway? Also, I really doubt that Mourinho is considering how much fun a job will be when he's choosing it. I'm pretty sure he'd rather manage a team with plenty of funds that just needs to be tweaked in order to be successful, as opposed to a team where he'd have to make plenty of changes in order for them to stand a chance of winning the league. I'm not ruling out the possibility entirely, but it really is very unlikely. One season where you might finish third (nowhere near guaranteed) doesn't all of a sudden make you a team that's on the rise and with potential to be vastly successful.
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:53 am

Also Mourinho could give less of a fuck how good the football you play is Laughing
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:57 am

Chelsea are heading back to their traditional place as a mediocre average sized mid table club. And I am happy to see it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:58 am

Breaking News: Frank Lampard announces he won't be going to the Euros as he'll be too busy interviewing candidates for the manager's job

Laughing
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:59 am

Because we sacked AVB we're going to be a mid table club? I know everyone hares us, but one bad season doesn't mean we're not a big club anymore. Arsenal are having a pretty similar season, no ones saying that sort of thing about them.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:05 am

I'm pretty disappointed they sacked Villas-Boas.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:21 am

Rick Rosstrich wrote:André Villas-Boas leaves Chelsea Football Club - Page 4 2gKvE
    "because, well frankly, he's a pussy." rofl
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:23 am

For some reason it is accepted that Mourinho will definitely leave Madrid in the summer Laughing
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:24 am

Theo Filippo wrote:For some reason it is accepted that Mourinho will definitely leave Madrid in the summer Laughing

Didnt he say he would? shifty
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:29 am

Sean wrote:Because we sacked AVB we're going to be a mid table club? I know everyone hares us, but one bad season doesn't mean we're not a big club anymore. Arsenal are having a pretty similar season, no ones saying that sort of thing about them.
    Until money bags turned up you were always an average club. A few good seasons thereafter have just about given you 'big club' status but history doesn't agree with that and if things continue as they are you won't be looked at as a big club for much longer.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:30 am

Sean wrote:
    Theo Filippo wrote:For some reason it is accepted that Mourinho will definitely leave Madrid in the summer Laughing

Didnt he say he would? shifty
    He hinted he would if he wins the champions league with them this season
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:33 am

Uncle John from Jamaica wrote:
    Sean wrote:Because we sacked AVB we're going to be a mid table club? I know everyone hares us, but one bad season doesn't mean we're not a big club anymore. Arsenal are having a pretty similar season, no ones saying that sort of thing about them.
    Until money bags turned up you were always an average club. A few good seasons thereafter have just about given you 'big club' status but history doesn't agree with that and if things continue as they are you won't be looked at as a big club for much longer.

Before he came we werent a mid table club, we qualified for the Champions League the season before he came, its not like we were Bolton Wanderers.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:35 am

Because we've won the league 13 times maybe? Because we've had one of the premier league's best players recently? Because we've been a big appeal to the premier league?

Even Liverpool who probably won't win anything significant for a long time gain fans because of their history

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 7:22 am