Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
GK01
Phadunkin Donuts
Jordi
Vexxed
crump
The Zlatan
Gegilworld93
Potato-7
Carlos Jenkinson
easley91
Mouse
ResurrectionRooney
Drake
Paulinho
Sean
drivescore
Theo Filippo
George
Cadbury
Uncle John from Jamaica
Danny
jeb4eva
RubyArmyCTFC
TheRangersFan
Harrold
moscowmadeit3
Barton
Mal
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Zzonked
luke.
samiz
Kuled
iSamuel
38 posters

André Villas-Boas leaves Chelsea Football Club

Sean

André Villas-Boas leaves Chelsea Football Club - Page 5 Empty Re: André Villas-Boas leaves Chelsea Football Club

Post by Sean Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:37 am

Fonseca wrote:
    Sean wrote:Because we sacked AVB we're going to be a mid table club? I know everyone hares us, but one bad season doesn't mean we're not a big club anymore. Arsenal are having a pretty similar season, no ones saying that sort of thing about them.

Because we've won the league 13 times maybe? Because we've had one of the premier league's best players recently? Because we've been a big appeal to the premier league?

Even Liverpool who probably won't win anything significant for a long time gain fans because of their history

Yea but you dont have a massive fanbase, you would probably have the same global fanbase as we do.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

André Villas-Boas leaves Chelsea Football Club - Page 5 Empty Re: André Villas-Boas leaves Chelsea Football Club

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:38 am

4 consecutive bottom half finishes at the advent of the Premier League era, relegation less than 25 years ago and 8 seasons in the second tier in the last 40 isn't that good though.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:39 am

Sean wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:

Because we've won the league 13 times maybe? Because we've had one of the premier league's best players recently? Because we've been a big appeal to the premier league?

Even Liverpool who probably won't win anything significant for a long time gain fans because of their history

Yea but you dont have a massive fanbase, you would probably have the same global fanbase as we do.

Are you serious?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:40 am

BladeGunner wrote:
    easley91 wrote:Yes. It's a very good project for him to take on once Harry goes. He can take us that step further that we need. Players like Bale, Modric, Rafa, Adebayor can interest him. He could also bring better quality players as well. I wouldn't rule us out. Wouldn't be surprised if he didn't become Spurs boss, but it's not impossible.

Do you not see how large a step down you are from the teams he's previously managed throughout his career? I'd say it's extremely unlikely that he'll become the manager of Tottenham. He can go to any club he wants in the world, why would he choose Tottenham? There's also no allure whatsoever from a financial perspective.

Any club is a step down from Madrid (He isn't going to manage Barca). Tottenham is a possibility. Where else is he going to manage if he leaves this summer? It's not going to be in La Liga and I doubt he would return to Italy. He said he wanted to go back to England. He has ManUtd (Fergie isn't leaving), Chelsea (Abramovich?), Arsenal (Wenger won't be fired), Liverpool (I doubt it), and Spurs. Spurs have the money for big name transfers. They are going to make it to the CL next season. They have some great players, etc.

Sean wrote:Because we sacked AVB we're going to be a mid table club? I know everyone hares us, but one bad season doesn't mean we're not a big club anymore. Arsenal are having a pretty similar season, no ones saying that sort of thing about them.

I have. shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:41 am

Fonseca wrote:

Like me
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:42 am

Fonseca wrote:
    Sean wrote:

Are you serious?

Yes, you are nowhere near United and Liverpool in those terms, even if you are ahead of us in that respect it wouldnt be by much.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:43 am

I think Arsenal is ahead of Liverpool for worldwide fan base.
    1.United
    2.Arsenal
    3.Liverpool
    4.Chelsea
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:45 am

I'd like to see some figures for say the top 25 English clubs in terms of worldwide fans. Top few will be predictable but it's quite hard to call after that.

Trouble is, it's also incredibly hard to measure how many fans a team has. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:49 am

Clubs fans and Villas Boas... Don't see the link. If you dont mind i will pass up on the cock comparing bravado.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:52 am

Sean where are you even getting this from? We're easily the most supported team in London, arguably 3rd best in England and we arguably have a little worse support worldwide than Liverpool and they're easily top 5 in the world. Can't you simply see the correlation between fans of Arsenal who are players and the fans of Chelsea who are players? It may be a simplistic view to look at it but Chelsea only really have Lukaku and Terry whereas Arsenal could create a first 11 out of fans
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:55 am

Bogdan wrote:I think Arsenal is ahead of Liverpool for worldwide fan base.
    1.United
    2.Arsenal
    3.Liverpool
    4.Chelsea

Really? I thought Liverpool and Man Utd were the most supported English teams. Dry Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:58 am

Fonseca wrote:Sean where are you even getting this from? We're easily the most supported team in London, arguably 3rd best in England and we arguably have a little worse support worldwide than Liverpool and they're easily top 5 in the world. Can't you simply see the correlation between fans of Arsenal who are players and the fans of Chelsea who are players? It may be a simplistic view to look at it but Chelsea only really have Lukaku and Terry whereas Arsenal could create a first 11 out of fans

Are you forgetting there exists a world outside of England and Europe? Liverpool are not "easily top 5 in the world".
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:58 am

Fonseca wrote:Sean where are you even getting this from? We're easily the most supported team in London, arguably 3rd best in England and we arguably have a little worse support worldwide than Liverpool and they're easily top 5 in the world. Can't you simply see the correlation between fans of Arsenal who are players and the fans of Chelsea who are players? It may be a simplistic view to look at it but Chelsea only really have Lukaku and Terry whereas Arsenal could create a first 11 out of fans

Yea, but in 10 or so years time that could be different, you had a big headstart on us in those terms
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:59 am

Definitely missing something....
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:59 am

Big_Lad_Pardew wrote:Clubs fans and Villas Boas... Don't see the link. If you dont mind i will pass up on the cock comparing bravado.

Well then dont, no one asked your opinion.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:59 am

Big_Lad_Pardew wrote:Definitely missing something....
    Newcastle?
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:03 am

Sean wrote:

Yea, but in 10 or so years time that could be different, you had a big headstart on us in those terms

Not by much at all, if you want me to sound blunt then your fanbase really consists of the last decade. Ours has stemmed for a century
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:03 am

Sean wrote:
    Big_Lad_Pardew wrote:Clubs fans and Villas Boas... Don't see the link. If you dont mind i will pass up on the cock comparing bravado.

Well then dont, no one asked your opinion.
    I came in this thread to talk about AVB.... Apparently this is not the topic of discussion, which is puzziling. Instead i come in to find children bickering over who has the bigger cock. Rolling Eyes

As a side note, opinions are not generally asked for on a discussion forum. It is a presumption that you will freely give yours.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:04 am

Funny how Chelsea are doing better than us this season, yet sacked their manager whilst Dalglish remains.

If Liverpool were 3 points behind 4th, still in the Champions League and the FA Cup, I wouldn't be calling for the manager to be sacked. Neutral

Then again, not many Chelsea fans were actually calling for his head, were they?

Torres rofl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:04 am

Bogdan wrote:
    Big_Lad_Pardew wrote:Definitely missing something....
    Newcastle?
    Yeh, AVB can come manage us Smile
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:05 am

Scott. wrote:Funny how Chelsea are doing better than us this season, yet sacked their manager whilst Dalglish remains.

If Liverpool were 3 points behind 4th, still in the Champions League and the FA Cup, I wouldn't be calling for the manager to be sacked. Neutral

Then again, not many Chelsea fans were actually calling for his head, were they?

Torres rofl

You really will crowbar that in anywhere wont you? Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:06 am

Sean wrote:
    Scott. wrote:Funny how Chelsea are doing better than us this season, yet sacked their manager whilst Dalglish remains.

Torres rofl

It is funny though. for a Liverpool fan.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:06 am

Torres rofl
    But Liverpool are not Chelsea.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:07 am

Big_Lad_Pardew wrote:

Torres rofl
    But Liverpool are not Chelsea.

André Villas-Boas leaves Chelsea Football Club - Page 5 4f2d27b992a2a_tumblr_lvrp8bU9AV1qibz0jo1_500
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:08 am

Scott. wrote:
    Sean wrote:

To your original point though, I for one never wanted him sacked and think its disgraceful, but there is a big discrepancy in expectations at Chelsea and expectations at Liverpool these days
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:09 am

Sean wrote:
    Scott. wrote:

To your original point though, I for one never wanted him sacked and think its disgraceful, but there is a big discrepancy in expectations at Chelsea and expectations at Liverpool these days

At the beginning of the season, maybe. But both clubs are a joke at the moment.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:09 am

Considering Chelsea had title aspirations at the beginning of the season, yeah, the owner might decide to sack Villas-Boas.

Our goal was only top 4, 3 points off the goal is by no means unreasonable. Chelsea are 20 points off 1st.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:10 am

Someone on EA was telling me Chelsea had a title-winning squad a few hours ago.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:11 am

Chelsea were never going to be competing for the title, anyone with a brain knew that. They're way behind City, United and Spurs right now. They're on par with Arsenal and Liverpool. In my opinion anyway.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:12 am

ahm chelsea squad is arguable better then ours

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 7:20 am