Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
Stokes
The Bat-Man
Weather130
Ben 10
Muhkoo
SBSP
iSamuel
Carlos Jenkinson
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Jord
Jordi
JK
Theo Filippo
Cadbury
Danny
ConorCelticFC
Kuled
Mason
Ben
RubyArmyCTFC
Marvin
drivescore
GK01
Zzonked
Barton
easley91
Mario
Grenade
Lux
Laurencio
34 posters

England Squad to face Holland Announced

Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

England Squad to face Holland Announced - Page 2 Empty Re: England Squad to face Holland Announced

Post by Barton Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:41 am

GK01 wrote:Ox is still young and yes he's good, but I've seen like one extremely outstanding appearance from him at Arsenal, I don't think he should be making international appearances just yet, he's not there yet. However he has a fuck load of potential and AFTER the Euros I wouldn't be surprised to see him making appearances.

Everyone ridings Oxs cock is pissing me off if you haven't guessed England Squad to face Holland Announced - Page 2 881856

He's already a good player with massive potential, starting for Arsenal regularly, why not call him up ASAP? The more experience he gets the better.
    Anonymous

England Squad to face Holland Announced - Page 2 Empty Re: England Squad to face Holland Announced

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:44 am

Barton wrote:
    GK01 wrote:Ox is still young and yes he's good, but I've seen like one extremely outstanding appearance from him at Arsenal, I don't think he should be making international appearances just yet, he's not there yet. However he has a fuck load of potential and AFTER the Euros I wouldn't be surprised to see him making appearances.

Everyone ridings Oxs cock is pissing me off if you haven't guessed England Squad to face Holland Announced - Page 2 881856

He's already a good player with massive potential, starting for Arsenal regularly, why not call him up ASAP? The more experience he gets the better.
    Immensely hard task, many many good footballers.
    GK01
    GK01

Supports : Brisbane Roar

Post by GK01 Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:44 am

Barton wrote:

Yes he's a good player, with a fuck load potential. I know he's playing somewhat regularly (from what I've seen) for Arsenal, but he hasn't stood out besides one or two performances. Let him develop and club level first, he hasn't warranted a call-up just yet in my opinion, and it could somewhat destroy him being called up too early.

I'm not denying he's a good player, just the hype around him is pissing me off, he doesn't deserve a call-up just yet.
    Barton

Post by Barton Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:48 am

I can't think of a reason to not want to call him up.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:50 am

Barton wrote:I can't think of a reason to not want to call him up.
    Because stewart pearce has the tactical competence of a goat.
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:50 am

Barton wrote:I can't think of a reason to not want to call him up.

Besides one or two performances, he hasn't been that outstanding (in my personal opinion). I also reckon get him up on international level now, he has a big chance of flopping.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:56 am

How can you possibly defend his exclusion when downing gets in Huh
    Barton

Post by Barton Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:57 am

He's been really impressive considering his age and step up from League One to to the EPL this season, and i don't understand why he would flop if he's called up now. The only player i recall that happeneing to is Walcott, it dosen't really seem relevant what age he's called up at, if he's a good player then that's all that matters.
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:02 am

Big_Lad_Pardew wrote:How can you possibly defend his exclusion when downing gets in Huh

I have no fucking idea how Downing got in, but neither have should got in Laughing

Barton wrote:He's been really impressive considering his age and step up from League One to to the EPL this season, and i don't understand why he would flop if he's called up now. The only player i recall that happeneing to is Walcott, it dosen't really seem relevant what age he's called up at, if he's a good player then that's all that matters.

Yes but you need players that are going to consistently perform (not fucking Downing though) at a high level, not just a good level for their age. And age should come into it, you call up a player too young the pressure can be too much for him, as he's not experienced enough, I do reckon after the Euros would be the perfect time for him, just before or during is too much of a risk.

In saying that lads I'm off to bed, I'll continue this debate later on if you wish shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:02 am

To be honest I'm not a fan of sending young players into international competition so early. Chamberlain is only 18, might be too soon for an England call up, getting thrust into a squad of perennial underachievers and carrying that "massive potential" tag around might put a lot of pressure on him.

At 18 a lot of teenagers biggest concern is passing their math final, don't want to make the kid feel like he's supposed to be England's savior.

I think 20 is a good age to start getting eased into the squad.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:04 am

Heaping a lot of expectation on him calling him up. Like you said not long ago he was playing league 1 football.

Still think he shoulda got the nod for the friendly to see how he'd do before the Euros. Can't do much worse then Downing.

Tbh I'm disapointed with the lack of 'surprise' players. Was hoping he'd go full on experiment with his U21 knowledge.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:07 am

Point wrote:Heaping a lot of expectation on him calling him up. Like you said not long ago he was playing league 1 football.

Still think he shoulda got the nod for the friendly to see how he'd do before the Euros. Can't do much worse then Downing.

Tbh I'm disapointed with the lack of 'surprise' players. Was hoping he'd go full on experiment with his U21 knowledge.
    He has no knowledge of anything. I sometimes wonder how he breaths.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:14 am

Ché Guayaba wrote:To be honest I'm not a fan of sending young players into international competition so early. Chamberlain is only 18, might be too soon for an England call up, getting thrust into a squad of perennial underachievers and carrying that "massive potential" tag around might put a lot of pressure on him.

At 18 a lot of teenagers biggest concern is passing their math final, don't want to make the kid feel like he's supposed to be England's savior.

I think 20 is a good age to start getting eased into the squad.
    People said the same about Wilshere Razz

Nah but its good to call him up for friendlies so he can get acclimated to the pressure of playing for England when it comes to the Euro's. It would be stupid to leave him out of the friendlies and then throw him in into the deep end straight away.
    Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Post by Marvin Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:00 am

End of the day, he's probably England's best winger (Not a great feat but still) so he should get called up.

And as Grenade said, it's a friendly. Against Holland.
    RubyArmyCTFC
    RubyArmyCTFC

Supports : Cheltenham Town

Post by RubyArmyCTFC Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:08 am

Dissapointed not to see some more youngsters such as Butland (england u21 keeper), Chamberlain and maybe Nathan Redmond.
    Barton

Post by Barton Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:09 am

Throwing him into the Euro's like how Walcott was thrown into the 2006 World Cup would be stupid. I know these are supposed to be Euro warm ups but it's still a few months away to get him settled in the England set up.

It's not as if Ox isn't used to playing in high profile matches anyway, he was playing against AC Milan in the Champions League acouple of weeks ago.
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:10 am

Glen Johnson, Downing, Gerrard out.

Lescott, Chamberlain, Carrick in.

Other than that, pretty good.
    Mason
    Mason

Supports : Coventry City

Post by Mason Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:10 am

No Britton?
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:15 am

Lol no Carrick.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:14 am

Mason_Inzaghi wrote:No Britton?
    facepalm
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:18 am

Campbell will NEVER be even remotely good enough for England. How the fuck is he in there after about 4 games where he wasn't even particularly good when Hooper has been on form all year, including goals in Europe in response to the inevitable SPL-bashers.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:21 am

Big_Lad_Pardew wrote:Quite remarkable ignorance to omit someone who is as talented and on form as daniel simpson. Rolling Eyes
    I don't know whether to treat this seriously and state the painfully obvious that Richards, Walker and Johnson are a lot better than Simpson, or you're taking the piss. Laughing

Not a bad squad overall. Good to see no Rio, Carrick should be there though. Dry Smile
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:21 am

ConorCelticFC wrote:Campbell will NEVER be even remotely good enough for England. How the fuck is he in there after about 4 games where he wasn't even particularly good when Hooper has been on form all year, including goals in Europe in response to the inevitable SPL-bashers.

Because he plays in the SPL. It's not a bashing, it's not looking down the nose on the league, it's a fact. As long as he plays in the SPL he will not be in the England squad.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:21 am

ConorCelticFC wrote:Campbell will NEVER be even remotely good enough for England. How the fuck is he in there after about 4 games where he wasn't even particularly good when Hooper has been on form all year, including goals in Europe in response to the inevitable SPL-bashers.
    You know the answer to your own question....
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:22 am

Danny wrote:
    Big_Lad_Pardew wrote:Quite remarkable ignorance to omit someone who is as talented and on form as daniel simpson. Rolling Eyes
    I don't know whether to treat this seriously and state the painfully obvious that Richards, Walker and Johnson are a lot better than Simpson, or you're taking the piss. Laughing

Not a bad squad overall. Good to see no Rio, Carrick should be there though. Dry Smile
    I am deadly serious. I do hope you dont want him back.. shifty
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:23 am

We have Rafael smug
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:23 am

Big_Lad_Pardew wrote:
    Danny wrote:I don't know whether to treat this seriously and state the painfully obvious that Richards, Walker and Johnson are a lot better than Simpson, or you're taking the piss. Laughing

One out of Jones, Smalling, Rafael and Fabio, or Danny Simpson. think

Tough choice. shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:25 am

Danny wrote:
    Big_Lad_Pardew wrote:
    One out of Jones, Smalling, Rafael and Fabio, of Danny Simpson. think

Tough choice. shifty
    Danny Simpson, because he is an unsung hero who is solid. England Squad to face Holland Announced - Page 2 Xnod
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:25 am

Laurencio wrote:

Because he plays in the SPL. It's not a bashing, it's not looking down the nose on the league, it's a fact. As long as he plays in the SPL he will not be in the England squad.

Well that's bullshit. 'It's not looking down on the league. It's a fact.' What does that even mean? Hooper shits all over Campbell and that's all that matters, never mind that Campbell has played about 4 games in 2 years.

Forster is better than Green and Carson, who play in the Championship and Turkey. Yet he is still overlooked.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:26 am

ConorCelticFC wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:

Well that's bullshit. 'It's not looking down on the league. It's a fact.' What does that even mean? Hooper shits all over Campbell and that's all that matters, never mind that Campbell has played about 4 games in 2 years.

Forster is better than Green and Carson, who play in the Championship and Turkey. Yet he is still overlooked.
    Forster is a terrible goalkeeper.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 4:26 pm