Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+39
Mr. Hassard
Danny
Zzonked
Weather130
Pippo
Benitez
LFC_Grunners
Paulinho
ShakerMatty
Keanoo
SBSP
YukiAbe1996
Childish Logic
MickStupp
Barton
Gegilworld93
Uncle John from Jamaica
Hernandez_14
Grenade
CollieBuddz
ResurrectionRooney
iSamuel
Laurencio
Jord
Carlos Jenkinson
Sean
Drake
menalawyerguy
ayvee1
Totti
crump
Schnix
Jack
Theo Filippo
Ben 10
Mason
Kuled
Jordi
TheRangersFan
43 posters

Rangers in administration (lozies)

Weather130
    Weather130

Rangers in administration (lozies) - Page 11 Empty Re: Rangers in administration (lozies)

Post by Weather130 Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:53 am

The really sad thing here is after all of this Rangers are still 9 points clear of 3rd place Motherwell. Although Motherwell has a game in hand.
    Anonymous

Rangers in administration (lozies) - Page 11 Empty Re: Rangers in administration (lozies)

Post by Guest Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:55 am

If Rangers go bust.

RIP SPL
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:04 am

http://www.afc-chat.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=6103366e083c8c925801b21bb6f725e4&showtopic=28983&pid=709033&st=0&#entry709033
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:17 am

The Maestro wrote:Please, while you tell me to have sympathy with the people who will suffer because Rangers are in administration, and remind us this is a human tragedy .... you haven't said anything about why they are in this position int he first place. Rangers have cheated the country out of over £50m. How many extra nurses could have been employed for this 50 miilion? I know a family who have a severly disabled child . Every year they got a three seperate weeks of respite care giving the parents a well deserved break . This has now been cut to two owing to spending cuts . If companies like Rangers who avoid paying tax behaved in a dignified honest manner many of cuts to disabled people might not have occured. Soldiers in Afghanistan have to share a flak jacket between two of them. How many soldiers could have a flak jacket each if Rangers had paid their tax?

They stole money to pay rich young footballers millions of pounds. So please, shut the fuck up.

Nice strawman there. Nobody is defending the upper management. Nobody feels sorry for them. I am sure there probably was malfeasance at the board and executive levels and if there was, those cunts should be canned and/or possible sent to prison in some cases. I am talking about the people further down the trough...the rank and file workers who work the stands, the concessions, the administrative office jobs, etc. In other words, the people who have no power in the organization but depend on the paycheck to make ends meet. They had nothing to do with this. They are part of the tragedy. And no, that's not something I plan on shutting the fuck up about.

Anyway, regardless of Rangers' signing policies, there is still plenty of sectarianism and general hooliganism amongst Celtic supporters. Bottom line is Rangers going bankrupt isn't good for anybody, including Celtic. But like Rooney said, you are too narrow to recognize it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:22 am

Hooliganism rofl

seriously just shut the fuck up and get out of the thread you muppet
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:24 am

The fact there were more people outside Ibrox protesting when they signed a Catholic than there are tonight says it all.

ROT IN PISS yippee

ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:26 am

£50m makes up less than 0.001% of the UK Tax Revenue, there are no soldiers being sent out without Flak Jackets because Rangers didn't pay enough fucking tax!
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:40 am

This is my best attempt at summing up what's happened

Rangers in administration (lozies) - Page 11 Whyte
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:45 am

Zzonked wrote:This is my best attempt at summing up what's happened

Did you make that?

rofl rofl
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:45 am

Yeah. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:48 am

Rangers in administration (lozies) - Page 11 FRchs
    Rangers in administration (lozies) - Page 11 77DJY
    Totti
    Totti

Post by Totti Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:07 am

Jordo wrote:

Rangers in administration (lozies) - Page 11 FRchs

rofl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:38 am

Grenade wrote:
    Lu❣s Suarez wrote:Would it be a bad thing to have SPL clubs in the English league system?

Just have them start somewhere in the middle of the english system, like create a new conference for SPL clubs, with promotion to the Blue Square North and South.

Not possible as they would need to displace another club in the middle and it would be unfair on the other clubs behind them. To play in English football they need to start right from the bottom.
    No, just reorganize it so that 4 teams are relegated at the end of the season from Blue Square North/South instead of 3. To keep the balance, have the teams in Northern and Southern Premier League and SPL playoffs play each other in a bigger play off game instead of keeping the playoff system local.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:03 am

Celtic would never degrade themselves to playing in the lower leagues of England, ever, just for a chance at the Premiership anyway.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:04 am

The Maestro wrote:Celtic would never degrade themselves to playing in the lower leagues of England, ever, just for a chance at the Premiership anyway.
    It is for the greater good. Celtic and Rangers would rise rapidly up the leagues.
    Benitez
    Benitez

Supports : Antonella Roccuzzo <3

Post by Benitez Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:07 am

Lu❣s Suarez wrote:
    The Maestro wrote:Celtic would never degrade themselves to playing in the lower leagues of England, ever, just for a chance at the Premiership anyway.
    It is for the greater good. Celtic and Rangers would rise rapidly up the leagues.

If they got into the English lower league, every single player would leave them, so don't be too sure
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:07 am

Jordo wrote:

rofl

R.I.P. Rangers and Jela.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:12 am

Benitez wrote:
    Lu❣️s Suarez wrote:It is for the greater good. Celtic and Rangers would rise rapidly up the leagues.

If they got into the English lower league, every single player would leave them, so don't be too sure
    facepalm

Their youth wouldn't leave, and they would still be be able to attract lots of players in the lower league that will help them come up the leagues instantly.
    Benitez
    Benitez

Supports : Antonella Roccuzzo <3

Post by Benitez Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:12 am

Lu❣️s Suarez wrote:
    Benitez wrote:

facepalm

Their youth wouldn't leave, and they would still be be able to attract lots of players in the lower league that will help them come up the leagues instantly.

Why wouldn't their youth leave? most of their youth have gained interest from Championship/lower EPL clubs, why would they stay in a club which it would take 6+ years to get their when they could be past their peak?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:21 am

Laughing

Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:23 am

Benitez wrote:
    Lu❣️s Suarez wrote:facepalm

Why wouldn't their youth leave? most of their youth have gained interest from Championship/lower EPL clubs, why would they stay in a club which it would take 6+ years to get their when they could be past their peak?
    Because they need to prove themselves. Laughing

Besides, 5/6 years is a long time, new youth will come up through the ranks et all.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:25 am

If anything their youth would be the ones to stay shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:26 am

That's complete fantasy and would never EVER happen though. So there's no point in talking about it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:27 am

The Maestro wrote:That's complete fantasy and would never EVER happen though. So there's no point in talking about it.
    It should happen if Celtic and Rangers ever wish to become good again.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:32 am

Lu❣s Suarez wrote:
    The Maestro wrote:That's complete fantasy and would never EVER happen though. So there's no point in talking about it.
    It should happen if Celtic and Rangers ever wish to become good again.

We are fine as we are, slowly improving. Champions League football next season.

Spending five years at the bottom of the English football league system will destroy a club of our size. Do you think the Premier League is worth that!? Their bubble is about to burst soon so I think I'll pass.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:35 am

The Maestro wrote:
    Lu❣s Suarez wrote:It should happen if Celtic and Rangers ever wish to become good again.

Spending five years at the bottom of the English football league system will destroy a club of our size. Do you think the Premier League is worth that!? Their bubble is about to burst soon so I think I'll pass.

On what basis do you say the PL's 'bubble is about to burst' ?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:35 am

The Maestro wrote:
    Lu❣s Suarez wrote:It should happen if Celtic and Rangers ever wish to become good again.

SPL has no future.

I was kinda trolling in my last post tbh. Celtic can still improve as a club though. I don't buy Rangers falling being bad for Celtic. If Celtic can monopolize the league for 10+ years and continue to play in Europe, they'll gradually improve and become a better European side.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:36 am

The Maestro wrote:

Rangers in administration (lozies) - Page 11 Tumblr_lpetogikas1qg21tn
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:42 am

Lu❣s Suarez wrote:
    Grenade wrote:

Not possible as they would need to displace another club in the middle and it would be unfair on the other clubs behind them. To play in English football they need to start right from the bottom.
    No, just reorganize it so that 4 teams are relegated at the end of the season from Blue Square North/South instead of 3. To keep the balance, have the teams in Northern and Southern Premier League and SPL playoffs play each other in a bigger play off game instead of keeping the playoff system local.
    Stupid idea and it will never happen. Its not as easy as "Oh we want to play in this league system now" for a club in the top flight of its respective country. Its not going to be easy either as all of their senior players wont wait around till they start playing professional football down in the shitty English leagues. Not that they'd be able to pay their wages either.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:44 am

Lu❣s Suarez wrote:
    The Maestro wrote:

SPL has no future.

I was kinda trolling in my last post tbh. Celtic can still improve as a club though. I don't buy Rangers falling being bad for Celtic. If Celtic can monopolize the league for 10+ years and continue to play in Europe, they'll gradually improve and become a better European side.

Really? Who would want to move to a league where the winners are already decided before the season begins? There will be a limit to where Celtic would be able to reach.

Basically, the SPL right now is the Old Firm + 10 others. Take one of the Old Firm out, interest drops even lower. Where do you think money is going to come from? Interest drops, so does sponsorship, so does TV revenue.

As nice as it may seem, losing one of your major rivals is never helpful, especially if there is nobody around to replace them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:45 pm