Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Jord
George
ResurrectionRooney
7 posters

Does English football have a massive racism problem?

Poll

Should racism (as defined below) be allowed?

[ 3 ]
    Does English football have a massive racism problem? - Page 2 Bar_left21%Does English football have a massive racism problem? - Page 2 Bar_right [21%] 
    [ 11 ]
    Does English football have a massive racism problem? - Page 2 Bar_left79%Does English football have a massive racism problem? - Page 2 Bar_right [79%] 

Total Votes: 14
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Supports : The Voyeur

Does English football have a massive racism problem? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does English football have a massive racism problem?

Post by The Bat-Man Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:22 am

Jord wrote:
    The Bat-Man wrote:

Friend, Liverpool are actually a good example of it because they spent the same amount that Barca spent on Villa and Fabregas but they got Carroll, Downing and Henderson. How what justified their price tags?

In the case of Villa and Cesc, their world class talent.

Answer me this Jord, Carroll, Henderson and Downing, are they world class talent?
    No they are not. Henderson will keep improving though.

I think it is safe to say he won't come close to Cesc in terms of ability unless Jesus Christ blesses him with the Catalan touch.

So why else would Dalglish spend obscene amounts of money on them, if it weren't for their ability?
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Does English football have a massive racism problem? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does English football have a massive racism problem?

Post by Lux Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:22 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    Lux wrote:rofl

What are you laughing about, BNP member? shifty

I edited to explain further......but yeah, it's laughable. What I find the sad thing is that.....it's hard to tell if RR is serious i.e. a moron, or a pathetic troll who seems to keep up this charade of a life all the time on here. Either way, he can put his points across well and be convincing, but it's a sad sad story to be such a person.

I have never supported the BNP. Their general actions, intelligence and plans are laughable. People are basically saying "Oh look...that's a bit right wing....guess he must be a BNP supporter"...facepalm.....it really saddens me....really.

I'm hardly someone to personally attack people on this forum, so when I do it's usually for a good reason.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:31 am

Lux wrote:Anyway I mistook the title of the thread for the question, and voted no.

-Can foreign players play for England? Possibly...but in most cases they either can't, or wouldn't want to.

-Can English players? Yes.

-Does giving English players an opportunity help the national team? Yes.

-Does this mean that foreign players are not given an opportunity to work? Not really....you don't apply to be a player at a club (usually, anyway). The club finds it's own players that it wants. No football player can say "I should be allowed to play for Man Utd...if the manager won't buy me then it's racism". Laughing. Football doesn't work like that, and that has nothing to do with racism. Even if managers would prefer to sign English players that doesn't mean that foreign players won't be wanted and signed. If there was actually a lack of opportunity for these foreign players I'd be more sympathetic of your argument...but there really isn't. We have a very low level of English players and managers in top level English football.

-So ultimately....this is the same "positive" discrimination that is actively and publicly praised on a regular and high scale basis for every other nationality/race other than white British. So....a bit of a double standard to say the least....to unjustifiably give foreign people or minorities an upper hand (or even more in most cases i.e. absolutely NO opportunity for anyone except the specific nationality/minority).....but not do the same for English players, even when it has nothing to do with race, even when there is a justifiable and reasonable explanation i.e. to improve the national team?....even when other nationalities and races are still given an opportunity?

But no.....of course not. I'm Mr BNP rofl

It seems denying racism exists is the new racism. Also, we have a very very high level of English players and managers in the Premier League. Virtually every side has an English player as a member of their first team, and more 10% of managers are English, to my knowledge the only nation which has more is Scotland.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:35 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    It seems denying racism exists is the new racism.

-So ultimately....this is the same "positive" discrimination that is actively and publicly praised on a regular and high scale basis for every other nationality/race other than white British. So....a bit of a double standard to say the least....to unjustifiably give foreign people or minorities an upper hand (or even more in most cases i.e. absolutely NO opportunity for anyone except the specific nationality/minority).....but not do the same for English players, even when it has nothing to do with race, even when there is a justifiable and reasonable explanation i.e. to improve the national team?....even when other nationalities and races are still given an opportunity?

I know right...but hey, at least you've owned up to your denial.

Also, we have a very very high level of English players and managers in the Premier League. Virtually every side has an English player as a member of their first team, and more 10% of managers are English, to my knowledge the only nation which has more is Scotland.

Does English football have a massive racism problem? - Page 2 Gadzooks128578373632472786
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:22 am

Lux wrote:
    It seems denying racism exists is the new racism.

I know right...but hey, at least you've owned up to your denial.

Do you have any statistics to back up the idea that positive discrimination is often in effect? To the extent that white people are actually signficiantly disadvantaged in looking for a job?
    Also, we have a very very high level of English players and managers in the Premier League. Virtually every side has an English player as a member of their first team, and more 10% of managers are English, to my knowledge the only nation which has more is Scotland.

Does English football have a massive racism problem? - Page 2 Gadzooks128578373632472786

Stop dragging the conversation down to your level.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:17 pm

i agree, england has a very strong racist element to its society in football and all aspects, english people have an inferiority complex in regards to foreigners
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:17 pm

The Bat-Man wrote:
    Jord wrote:That's not the point though is it? Knew as soon as I saw your name that your post would be something like this. Also pathetic.

Friend, Liverpool are actually a good example of it because they spent the same amount that Barca spent on Villa and Fabregas but they got Carroll, Downing and Henderson. How what justified their price tags?

Answer me this Jord, Carroll, Henderson and Downing, are they world class talent?

Must be trolling?
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Supports : The Voyeur

Post by The Bat-Man Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:59 pm

Dan wrote:
    The Bat-Man wrote:

Must be trolling?

No bro, I'm srs.
    George
    George

Supports : Liverpool, Woking

Post by George Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:26 pm

Racist abuse has just recently forced Micah Richards to quit Twitter.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:21 pm

GeorgeMiles6 wrote:Racist abuse has just recently forced Micah Richards to quit Twitter.
    That's not really what I'm talking about. While there is a problem with people like Suarez using players' ethnic background as a stick to beat them with, and Liverpool and Chelsea fans vilifying players for exposing racism, there's a consensus among most right minded people that that type of thing is unfortunate and unacceptable, with the type of racism I'm talking about, it seems to be seen as a good thing.

If Kenneth Dalglish came out on TV and said that he preferred to sign 'white or part-white' players then he'd be castigated for it, and likely fired on the spot, so he holds his tongue. On Thursday though, the head of the Football Association came out in a press conference and brazenly stated that he preferred to appoint an 'English or British' manager to the role, and that they would have an advantage over other candidates. Have you seen any articles condemning him for this? You sure as fuck would if he said he didn't want to appoint a black manager.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:38 pm

RR would you consider what Bilbao are doing with their transfer/player policy to be racist ?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:54 pm

Grenade wrote:RR would you consider what Bilbao are doing with their transfer/player policy to be racist ?

That is a very stupid question.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:28 am